Episode 203 - Night of the Raving Dead - Available Now!

1235»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I actually had to stop playing to come here and say that was the greatest opening ever!

Whoops had to come back you guys misspelled sybil's subtitles concerning her "online action"
  • edited February 2008
    My random gaming thoughts:
    I'm... err... this is embarrassing.... stuck on the
    first puzzle involving the line of zombiles
    ... oh boy! *gets back to playing*
    W.A.R.P TV? Hmm... I don't know how I feel about bringing back and old location like this...
    I miss Bosco and Flint! Maybe they'll come in later on...
    Ahh Flint, there you are! Awesome plot twist, by the way.
  • edited February 2008
    this is going to be bad...i have to go to work tomorrow, you know..
  • edited February 2008
    zombies are stupid... youll figure it out ;)
  • edited February 2008
    I can't get the game to work :( Moai Better Blues, Ice Station Santa and the whole of season one (amongst many other of my games) still work though :confused:
  • edited February 2008
    Lucko wrote: »
    I can't get the game to work :( Moai Better Blues, Ice Station Santa and the whole of season one (amongst many other of my games) still work though :confused:

Try asking the kind folks on the support board. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Ok, just been playing, HAD to stop to say that on the
    shooting discs at zombies puzzle...
    very, very nice little homage to everyone's favourite british zombie comedy!
    "Stone Roses." "No." "Sign of the times." "DEFINITLY not!" "The Batman soundtrack." "Throw it!"
    :D
  • edited February 2008
    Try asking the kind folks on the support board. :)

• langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Ok, just been playing, HAD to stop to say that on the
    shooting discs at zombies puzzle...
    very, very nice little homage to everyone's favourite british zombie comedy!

:D

Or is it a
    Paperboy reference
    ? You decide!
  • edited February 2008
    great reference to A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen. I wonder how many got that one :) Also, great references to Resident Evil:
    Sam: An ink ribbon? What do we need that for?
    Max: What we really need are some healing herbs
  • edited February 2008
    I got to the point where I had to figure out
    how to make Jurgan uncool
    before I had to look at the walkthru because Max's hints were not hitting the mark with me. I mean, I got the Hit the Road refferance, and I knew what I had to do with said refferance, but getting to the location to do it completely didn't connect with me.

Other than that, I was never good at Paperboy, but I loved the GTA stuff you had to do to get decals. :D
  • edited February 2008
    i like it so far
  • edited February 2008
    For what it's worth, the e-mail I just got telling me that Night of the Raving Dead was available had the download link to Moai Better Blues. Fortunately, it also had the link to my My Telltale account, which contained the NotRD download link I desired.
  • edited February 2008
    That was the best opening I've seen so far.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    For what it's worth, the e-mail I just got telling me that Night of the Raving Dead was available had the download link to Moai Better Blues.

Yeah, we noticed too late that the link in the text version was incorrect (it was correct in the html version). Sorry about that.
  • edited February 2008
    I had the feeling the ink-ribbon comment was a reference to something zombie-related that I hadn't seen/played yet. Nice.
    Also, giving the Frau Blucher gag to Superball? Brilliant!
  • edited February 2008
    Yes for me the zombie mini-game is a reference to
    paperboy
    , no doubt... but what makes me laugh out loud is the
    Mortal Kombat
    reference, just excellent... also the
    Frankenstein Junior
    one was really funny, I do love this kind of running gag (as much as the
    mexican happy birthday singer
    ).

This episode was really cool, the script is getting better and better, wide new locations, animations are a lot better and there is more too (dancing Sam&Max, the slow and detailed
    soul sucker
    machine,
    flint's
    entry, max in the background trying to catch his
    soul
    ), it was just as difficult I would like it to be, I managed to finish it in about 4 hours without any external help but three very useful Max's tips... no really I'm happy :)

And I love useless objects, and more when you have huge comments when you try to use them (like something like "yes I'm sure it would stop
    jesse jame's hand to shoot-up the place
    , if only it wasn't a useless typewriter ribbon")
  • edited February 2008
    Anyone play the mini-game while being a zombie? Priceless!

"Free CDs!"
  • edited February 2008
    I think I would have liked it better if
    Sam and Max remained completely oblivious to the fact they were even walking different as a zombie, but I just really like the pose too.
  • edited February 2008
    The opening 'in media res' reminds me of the one for Monkey Island 2, when Guybrush tells his story...
  • edited February 2008
    'Kay, I gotta ask, is it a glitch that there's no music for the credits or was that on purpose?

Edit: Nevermind...it is a glitch.
  • edited February 2008
    esteban wrote: »
    The opening 'in media res' reminds me of the one for Monkey Island 2, when Guybrush tells his story...
    Same here!

Mentioned it in the blog.
  • edited February 2008
    Is it me or does the episode end without any music in the credits roll? If it should end in music, I may have witnessed a bug.
  • edited February 2008
    barchetta wrote: »

Well it's a big City here in Germany, and the State-Capital of Baden-Württemberg. So it is not really surprising that such URLs are already taken.
    marsan wrote: »
    great reference to A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen. I wonder how many got that one :) Also, great references to Resident Evil:
    Sam: An ink ribbon? What do we need that for?
    Max: What we really need are some healing herbs

Could you please explain that? I never played Resident evil, and I don't remember that from the movies either.
  • edited February 2008
    Mirko wrote: »
    Could you please explain that? I never played Resident evil, and I don't remember that from the movies either.

It was never in the movies.
    Typewriter Ribbons were used in the early Resident Evil games as save points. Every time you found a typewriter ribbon, you could save your game.
    Annoyed the hell out of their players from what I understand.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Typewriter Ribbons were used in the early Resident Evil games as save points. Every time you found a typewriter ribbon, you could save your game.
    early? how about nearly every?
  • edited February 2008
    Wasn't aware they are still using that in the newer games.
  • edited February 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    'Kay, I gotta ask, is it a glitch that there's no music for the credits or was that on purpose?

Edit: Nevermind...it is a glitch.

That happened ot me the first time as well.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »

Ahh! Thank you!
  • edited February 2008
    Same here!

Mentioned it in the blog.

So, I'm not the only one... In fact, I don't know any video game using this technique (in media res) except Monkey Island 2 and Night of the Raving Dead... But I guess it's possible there are other games...
  • edited February 2008
    no typewriters were save points but you could only save if you had an ink ribbon. and of course they used herbs as healing items.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    "inkdrinker" from the Something Awful forums has taken a nice collection of high res screenshots from the episode. So, if you guys want some pretty pictures, there are some some are.
  • edited February 2008
    Damn, it took me three episodes to realize that the Office Theme is actually a brand new version since 201!!
  • edited February 2008
    those are nice screenshots but looking at them really makes me want one of
    both sam and max standing outside their grave doing the zombie pose
  • edited February 2008
    Damn, it took me three episodes to realize that the Office Theme is actually a brand new version since 201!!

I like Sybil's new "saxified" theme.:D
  • edited February 2008
    how about a shot of zombie sam and zombie max talking in the office?

2mze3kl.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    Someone's been messing with the debug code again.
  • edited February 2008
    the fact that you know how i got the shot... means you were messing with it too :p
  • edited February 2008
    Actually, I can't get it to work on my end. My machine is weird like that. Some PC Game cheats work and others don't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.