Season 2 Case File and Soundtrack

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
As Season 2 is coming to an end 1 most important question comes to mind!

WILL THERE BE A SEASON 2 CASEFILE AND A SEASON 2 SOUNDTRACK???

and for everyone who wants to ask yes i used capslock intentionally!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    ...and thus should be ignored like everyone else that does this. on the other hand i don't use capital letters at all, so i shouldn't complain.
    i'm pretty sure there won't be a soundtrack or a case file and both won't have a design that matches the ones from season 1. it will be horrible. even though not a single case file will exist i hope there will be abuse of telltale employees to stuff them.

*feeling strange, need food*
  • edited March 2008
    I just wanna max plush D8 but a casefile would be nice
  • edited March 2008
    I would expect a season 2 case file and soundtrack to be released. Everyone wants them and telltale has no reason to avoid making money.
  • edited March 2008
    Even though the case file was made before I started have been told that it was almost completely a labor of love and the price only covered the materials, meaning no money was really made only recovered. Now while that same love is still here it was also a lot of effort on the parts of Emily, Jake, and Nick, along with everyone else who helped out. And with everything we are now working on there is probably less time than last year to do it. What I am trying to say is, actually I have forgotten but I bet we will release a soundtrack. Huzzah.
  • edited March 2008
    That's it, no gift basket then :p
  • edited March 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    That's it, no gift basket then :p

That was my point. I think?:confused:
  • edited March 2008
    That was my point. I think?:confused:

I meant the baskets that we sent to you guys after Season 1. Were you there when that happened?
  • edited March 2008
    I meant the baskets that we sent to you guys after Season 1. Were you there when that happened?

Sadly I wasn't. I would have remembered something as sweet as gift baskets.
  • edited March 2008
    Ohhhh, well, that sucks. How about an animated GIF of MC Hammer as a consolation prize?

McHammer.gif
  • edited March 2008
    Plus AdamG left, so I think the baskets were a one time thing :)
  • edited March 2008
    Ohhhh, well, that sucks. How about an animated GIF of MC Hammer as a consolation prize?

McHammer.gif

That is awesome and for the win.
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Plus AdamG left, so I think the baskets were a one time thing :)

I'd take up the cause for this year, but I'm po'. :(

EDIT: And lazy.

EDIT: My two attributes are po'ness and laziness. And procrastination.

EDIT: My THREE attributes are po'ness, laziness, and procrastination.

EDIT: And a penchant for dance.

EDIT: I'll just come in again.
  • edited March 2008
    hey wait i did not expect ShaggE!!!

at least we have a soundtrack thats nice. but i have to say ill miss the case file its a gift that keeps on giving every time i find it in my flat
  • edited March 2008
    honestly.. i know we will get both a case file and soundtrack this year one way or another, i know a handful of dedicated fans who will not let not having a case file stand (and besides, they only need 5 items this year)

i can foresee see people volunteering to put case files together for you guys if thats the problem
  • edited March 2008
    I confess to almost using the Boscotech (tm) biological weapon to clean my face one time. Think it was mustard... A sad day was averted.

More on topic, you guys make it, I'll take it.... The case file for this season, that is.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm one of the fans that can live without the case file but cannot live without the CD soundtrack. Too many good tracks, and I really don't want to rip the music from the game knowing that every time that happens, a TTG Intern is sent on an impossible task to do.

Although, if they end up having a PimpLeCar decal pack....
  • edited March 2008
    That's the spirit folks! We want the case file!!!
  • edited March 2008
    i would like a case file as well, but i can stuff the individual items in there myself..if this helps.
  • edited March 2008
    another nice idea the do ityourself casefile
    you get the materials and have to assemble it yourself is something like lego
  • edited March 2008
    Even though the case file was made before I started have been told that it was almost completely a labor of love and the price only covered the materials, meaning no money was really made only recovered. Now while that same love is still here it was also a lot of effort on the parts of Emily, Jake, and Nick, along with everyone else who helped out. And with everything we are now working on there is probably less time than last year to do it. What I am trying to say is, actually I have forgotten but I bet we will release a soundtrack. Huzzah.

I wouldn't mind though if it were more expensive 8D so they make profit
  • edited April 2008
    Even though the case file was made before I started have been told that it was almost completely a labor of love and the price only covered the materials, meaning no money was really made only recovered. Now while that same love is still here it was also a lot of effort on the parts of Emily, Jake, and Nick, along with everyone else who helped out.

I hope that Emily, Jake, Nick and everyone else involved understands how much their labour of love was appreciated (ie: slightly more than a stupefying amount).

If we all beg and plead, is there any chance of the slightest hope that we might see a season 2 case file?
  • edited April 2008
    only one way to find out: folks start to beg and plea!!!
  • edited April 2008
    Can we speculate on likely items? (C'mon, it's fun!)

201 - Gift label - "To:____ From: SANTA"
    202 - Sock Crown (miniature)
    203 - SOL CD
    204 - Time Card
    205 - ???

Ok some of those are semi-serious, but frankly I don't care what's in the case file, but it'd be cool to have another one :)
  • edited April 2008
    i would like a bag of "ocean chimps" for 202...
  • edited April 2008
    Are you kidding! I'd pay an extra ten bucks for a miniature sock crown!
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i would like a bag of "ocean chimps" for 202...

Wow, that would be the ultimate YPS-flashback! (cool German kids born in the 80's know what I mean)
  • edited April 2008
    What about a can of Banang?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    sam&maxfan wrote: »
    What about a can of Banang?

We joked about somehow making packets of Banang, but it's pretty unlikely.
  • edited April 2008
    The single-serving kind of packets? I wonder if you can actually find banana flavored drink mix these days...
  • edited April 2008
    Oh, you have to make the case file! I don't mind paying a little extra because I so want it :) I suppose you'll at least be supplying the soundtrack again with an awesome cover
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We joked about somehow making packets of Banang, but it's pretty unlikely.

Or maybe a plastic Banang container with Sam and Max-themed playing cards inside? Just an idea based off something I saw once.

Personally, I'm more inclined to beg for a Season 2 soundtrack more than a Case File. I really enjoyed listening to the tracks from the second season (as well as the first.. *strokes Season 1 soundtrack cover*:p) and I rather give money for a nice soundtrack from Telltale instead of wasting an afternoon ripping the music from the games, a case in which only I will benefit from.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd be happy with a Banang container sleeve that we can slip a can of tang into (c:
  • edited April 2008
    I wouldn't. They no longer sell Tang where I live.
  • edited April 2008
    i think it would be funnier if they included a chewed up empty packet of banang (like max chewed on it) :rolleyes:

other possible items...

an empty folded up pack of clove cigerettes, the presidents letter, and a dried up hunk of "the shambling corporate presence"(but a gift tag sounds good too)... and for hell? without seeing the episode, i would have to say... a token (but have it be something funny, like a fake old 50 cent piece) i also think it would be funny if they threw in a $3 bill with maxs head on it
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    the presidents letter
    I have to admit, I am curious as to what word Sam didn't think they knew back in 1963, as well as the link between that, licking, and a donkey.

Though a big part of me is screaming that I'm better off not knowing.
  • edited April 2008
    What about Jesse James' hand for 203?
  • edited April 2008
    And a model of the Mariachis' spaceship.
  • edited April 2008
    Or maybe a gooey molasses tar cake.
  • edited April 2008
    edit.gif
  • edited April 2008
    An Edit Button from the forum in the case file as bonus item great idea
Sign in to comment in this discussion.