Season 2 Case File and Soundtrack

Comments

• edited April 2008
    oh.
  • edited April 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    oh.

Nice reply! I'm glad you made an effort!
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    We joked about somehow making packets of Banang, but it's pretty unlikely.

never say never! (or unlikely). Banang would be awesome.

what about having Flint's cigarette butts? jk

on the soundtrack, I hope you include the theme for the hidden underwater cave from MBB, I love that piece.
  • edited April 2008
    Which makes me wonder: Did the S1-soundtrack have all the season's music on it, or was something left off, because of space-reasons? And: Is the S2-soundtrack longer, i.e. is there more (different) music in S2 than there was in S1?

If that's the case I assume a 3-disc set is out of question, right?
  • edited April 2008
    Having got the S1 soundtrack myself, I can say it's fairly complete. It has the intro music, all the environment background music, all the credits themes, the war song, and a lot of cutscene-only music (like that russian theme in 104). It doesn't have absolutely every short variation that was behind some cutscene, but enough to make you think they could've stood to leave out a few.
    At 70+ tracks it was pretty packed, but I'm not too worried about them needing to leave anything important out of the S2 soundtrack.
  • edited April 2008
    [insert more begging for a season 2 case file here]
  • edited April 2008
    Yes season 2 case file!
    I know you guys want to spend all your time working on that :)
    I think someone mentioned a decal sticker sheet too :)
    please do it!!!
  • edited April 2008
    I think someone mentioned a decal sticker sheet too :)
    That would be me. If it does get made, I'm buying two. One to use and one for collecting purposes. :D

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack more than any potential case file or decal sticker sheet. Here's why!

Episode 1 - The "hurry" track that plays at the beginning
    Episode 2 - The Ocean Chimp's domain
    Episode 3 - Sybil's Season 2 track
    Episode 4 - The Mariachi Song!!
    Episode 5 - The River Styx/Sewer track!!!
  • edited April 2008
    Iyt's sounds like we're probably not getting a case file, just like we got no new machinima shorts this time around, but I figure a bunch of fans will band together and make a fan made case file.
  • edited April 2008
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    Iyt's sounds like we're probably not getting a case file[...]

I must have missed something, has someone on the Telltale Team made reference to there not being a Case File this season?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I feel like Silly Bob might be making things up. Let's just say we're not doing a sticker sheet this year! Maybe that's what he meant.
  • edited April 2008
    you didn't do a sticker-sheet last year either...or did i miss something..:confused:
    edited April 2008
    no heh we didnt, but also year there isnt one either :)
  • edited April 2008
    lets see here... make a case file = keep the fans happy

Vs.

don't make a case file = ruined office after fan revolt

i think the choice is clear...
  • edited April 2008
    your equation is not complete:
    make a case file = happy fans - (sleep + free time)...

also..i want a sticker-sheet now..:p
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Let's just say we're not doing a sticker sheet this year!

And another one of my sketchbooks will forever remain naked on the cover. Oh well.
  • edited April 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Can we speculate on likely items? (C'mon, it's fun!)

201 - Gift label - "To:____ From: SANTA"
    202 - Sock Crown (miniature)
    203 - SOL CD
    204 - Time Card
    205 - ???

Ok some of those are semi-serious, but frankly I don't care what's in the case file, but it'd be cool to have another one :)

Here are my guesses:
    201 - Inflatable boxing glove
    202 - "Stop sign" medallion
    203 - Typewriter ribbon? An SOL CD's probably a better choice, and I could see it working if they use a mini CD -- and find something to put on it
    204 - Time card (as a double reference, it would be really cool if Telltale could find a way to print everyone's birthdays on them)
    205 - Soul token
  • edited April 2008
    Some of those items would be pretty expensive.
  • edited April 2008
    I agree with Zeek... The crown for example is indeed cool, but expensive. It is probably cheaper making one 1:1 sized with old socks.

Here my advices:
    202 - The octagon red splattered sea chimps high priest medallion.
    203 - A photo of the Jurgen portrait above the trophy case, with Sam&Max en pose.
    204 - Future Sam&Man office Time Card
    205 - Soul Token
  • edited April 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    I agree with Zeek... The crown for example is indeed cool, but expensive.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the Token and Medalian that everyone wants. Metal is getting expensive. Even the penny costs more than what it's worth to make it.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd love it if there were just some printables on the website with cute things like menus and whatnot. If there were things we could print and fold to make 3D paper models, that'd be even cooler. It'd be awesome to have 3D paper versions of the C.O.P.S., for instance...

:D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Some of the things that have been suggested actually made the short list. And a few of them might actually become real.

Err, that is, if we decide to make a case file. :p
  • edited April 2008
    yeah.. i think suggestions should be limited to things that can be printed on just plain paper or card stock, (or at least something cheep to make) so that they can keep the cost down...

anyways... here is my (revised) list of possible items
    201: santa gift tag, exorcism instructions, Christmas album cover (cd version)
    202: Bermuda triangle fridge magnet (there is no other option, we NEED another useless magnet) but if you cant get a magnet, use the front page to easter island travel guide
    203: clove cigarette pack (and you could make the label of the game dvd an look like an SOL disc)
    204: one of the time cards, the presidents letter
    205: lots of options here, satans grocery list, hell "employee handbook pamphlet", or maybe even a laminated soul train token

other funny things, that don't really go with any one episode... invitation from sybils wedding, boscos serveilence photos (ones that flint took of him), one of stinkys posters, and a fake bill with maxs head on it

anyways... all those things are easy to make on cardstock (except the magnet, but we need another one) the folder can be the same as last years, but with a different date... Apr 11, 2008

hope this gives you guys some more ideas, and i hope you guys actually make one this year... peace out
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    201 - A can of fake snow
    202 - A miniature moai
    203 - A Zombie Survival Guide
    204 - A fake plastic egg and/or a Piñata
    205 - ???
    edited April 2008
    haha SPOILER! i dont know about a miniature moai
  • edited April 2008
    I'd settle for a Wedding invitation from Sybil. :)
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'd love it if there were just some printables on the website with cute things like menus and whatnot. If there were things we could print and fold to make 3D paper models, that'd be even cooler. It'd be awesome to have 3D paper versions of the C.O.P.S., for instance...

:D

Oblink: http://telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2770

I did love those Luigi, I'm surprised you didn't link to them yourself :)
  • edited April 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    202 - The octagon red splattered sea chimps high priest medallion.
    203 - A photo of the Jurgen portrait above the trophy case, with Sam&Max en pose.
    204 - Future Sam&Man office Time Card
    205 - Soul Token
    nice, but the soul token and the medallion are somewhat similar...so maybe the token could be exchanged with the grocery list written on corporate paper..
  • edited April 2008
    Soul Token is a must have! ;)
  • edited April 2008
    You'll get it... Sooner than you think.

Expensive and too big for the envelope, but the 205's cup 'You do not need to be damned to work here' I also cool.

@wisp
    True, but yet different.
  • edited April 2008
    I'd prefer it if the item included in the case file for 202 was just one of the items that sam saw in that big pile of junk on the island.

Like, say, a beta version of a cancelled game...?
  • edited April 2008
    Like, say, a beta version of a cancelled game...?

Knowing our luck, it will be on a 3.5" floppy disk (which very few computers have anymore these days).
  • edited April 2008
    I missed out on a case file for season one, there is NO way im missing out on whatever telltale decides to surprise us with :D

Im still waiting for a season 1 casefile to show up on ebay
    maybe someone wants to sell one?
    Please....?
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Knowing our luck, it will be on a 3.5" floppy disk (which very few computers have anymore these days).
    really? i still have a 5.25" floppy drive in a computer...and without a 3.5"er how would i install my raid drivers? what a strange world this has become..:rolleyes:

anyway, some more ideas:
    202: since there where magnets in season one case files and telltale should have a privider for these already, how about a banang promotion fridge magnet or maybe a sticker if the magnet is to difficult.
    203: how about a zombie factory rave promotion flyer?
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    really? i still have a 5.25" floppy drive in a computer...and without a 3.5"er how would i install my raid drivers? what a strange world this has become..:rolleyes:
    You're one of the VERY few. I thought all the 5" floppy drives were trashed some time in the mid-90s.
  • edited April 2008
    Just game and no casefile makes Ebeeto a dull boy.

I'm hoping for something nice to go along with the game. I will order some sweet merchandise to go with my DVD version of Season 2 aswell, but without the Case File, it just doesn't feel complete...
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    really? i still have a 5.25" floppy drive in a computer

Me too. What's a Core 2 Duo without one?
    edited April 2008
    Ebeeto wrote: »
    Just game and no casefile makes Ebeeto a dull boy.

I'm hoping for something nice to go along with the game. I will order some sweet merchandise to go with my DVD version of Season 2 aswell, but without the Case File, it just doesn't feel complete...

fortunately nobody has said there won't be a case file :P I'm not saying there will definitely be one either, because I'm not allowed to confirm or deny that sort of thing, but we're working out the extras that will go out on disc day, and they should be sweet.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm beginning to shiver with antici....pation
  • edited April 2008
    Gurok wrote: »
    Me too. What's a Core 2 Duo without one?

ohh damn a sam & max fan in geelong! who woulda thought :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.