Sooo season 2 gifts for telltale? [telltale employees dont look]

edited May 2008 in Sam & Max
At the end of season 1of Sam & Max a bunch of us sent gifts to the telltale offices..The guy who organised that has been banished from the site I think.. I am willing to step up and organise gifts for season 2 I'm just wondering how many people would be interested in donating towards the cause.. let me know below! Basically it will involve donating money via paypal..I'll collect the funds and buy gifts for Telltale online.. I'd wanna get this organised for just after season 2 wraps as well..

Comments

• edited March 2008
    He got banned? I never figured out what happened, but I'd like to! I remember him always trying to hit on Emily though. Maybe that had something to do with it.
  • edited March 2008
    I wondered where that guy went...
    What kind of gift are you looking to send them?
  • edited March 2008
    What kind of gift are you looking to send them?

116450033_4266fb5229_o.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    No.
  • edited March 2008
    all agreed
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    *snip*

Whyyyyyyy!?
  • edited March 2008
    I would be up for taking part in this yearly surge in philanthropic activity again. Are you going to set up a separate, top-secret message board like AdamG did last time?
  • edited March 2008
    just out of curiosity: he didn't get banned for the present he sent, right?
  • edited March 2008
    Is this some kind of april fools joke? It may have been a few months since he last posted, but a quick search turns up nothing to suggest he got banned.
    On topic: much as I love telltale, it wouldn't feel right to donate to a perfectly healthy commercial organization. I'll show my appreciation by buying their stuff.
  • edited March 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Is this some kind of april fools joke? It may have been a few months since he last posted, but a quick search turns up nothing to suggest he got banned.

I don't think he got banned, because one of the last posts I read of him said something about that he didn't think he would buy the second season. I just figured he didn't buy it, and stopped visiting the forums regularly because of that.
  • edited March 2008
    creepy picture :p

I wish I could unsee that.
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    He got into a fight with Tabacco or Jake about posting information as a fact when the information was only an opinion.
    After that, AdamG left the forum.

Anyway...Count me in this time.
  • edited March 2008
    Wow.

If I left a forum every time I lost an arguement/said something foolish... :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    If he was baned because of that, they should ban me too. Come on guys, it's a forum. People express their opinions. It's not a friggin' newspaper! Haven't you mods heard of free speech? If people are not able to question what other people are saying on a forum, then they won't doubt anything they come in contact with.
  • edited March 2008
    Yep... he left of his own accord.
  • edited March 2008
    116450033_4266fb5229_o.jpg

That is too awesome for words.
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Yep... he left of his own accord.

You looked! I'm telling!
  • edited March 2008
    No gifts for tabacco or TS!
  • edited March 2008
    okay so he left.. but who's in? we would all decide together what the gifts to send are.. I agree that you can show your appreciation by buying stuff from the store..but this season 1 gift thing really worked and I think the telltale guys appreciated it..
  • edited March 2008
    So far we got tobar, haggis & jmm.

To the telltale employees who entered this thread..no presents for you!

remember you only have to donate as much as you want..could be $5 or $10 its up to you..

I probably won't have a private forum set up for this..I could prob use my own forum if we want to be really secretive
  • edited March 2008
    You could just keep all the money for yourself. Thats REALLY secretive!
  • edited March 2008
    If anyone lives in Japan it would be a great asset. They have the coolest stuff there!!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cEbXuuYtfhM
  • edited March 2008
    i know.. we could get them one of these with a pink interior.... too rich, hmm

we could get them an office cow... they already have one?

maybe they would settle for something like this
  • edited March 2008
    Good idea dangerzone.. definitely getting some season 2 themed gifts is the way to go..but we need more money donated to get the good stuff!
  • edited April 2008
    I will donate something. It would be nice to thank the people that made these great games 8D
  • edited April 2008
    Ball pit!
  • edited April 2008
    lets get them a BALLPIT OF DEATH!!!!

6f182o.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    If anyone wants to donate now PM me and i'll give you the details.. I'll keep a running tally here.. I'm gonna make the deadline the 11th to get donations in.. then we can choose what gifts to get telltale
  • edited April 2008
    Come on people last time we raised over $200 for presents..
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Donated by PayPal.

Come'on people!
  • edited April 2008
    okay the telltale gift fund stands at $50.. don't miss this opportunity to show telltale you care! They just spent a couple of years making sam & max games with us..whats 5 or 10 dollars to give them an end of season present?
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Moai Lava-Lamp (amaze yourself seeing a moai after it ate some basalt ;))

Does anyone know where to buy a Gooey Molasses Tar cake (sans Bitumen-13)?
    The closest thing I got is a "Blueberry Upsidedown Cake" (aka Tar Cake) or a "Plum Blueberry Upsidedown Cake" (recipe)

How about a decorative Mariachi Sombrero?
  • edited April 2008
    ooh the lava lamp is a great idea.. .. tar cake hmm have to look into that..and a sombrero yes
  • edited April 2008
    donations up to $65
  • edited April 2008
    $75 if you want to donate PM me..
  • edited April 2008
    Why don't we all make something? It's more personal :)
  • edited April 2008
    Thats just code for "crap I need to get rid of that got glued together"
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Why don't we all make something? It's more personal :)

The main problem is how to combine efforts since most of us (forumers) are not from the same country or continent.
    Raising money and buying stuff from a single US based company (one that provides shipping) solves a lot of problems (and saves us a few bucks on shipping costs).
    There is also the option of buying from different sources and having someone from the US to receive all the items and then pack and ship the stuff to Telltale.

If you want feel free to send a personal gift.
  • edited April 2008
    current list of donaters..

tobar
    jmm
    allenb
    haggis
    wisp
    laserschwert
    didda
    teilan

Just to let everyone know.. once the donation deadline has finished I will pm every1 with a private forum address where we can discuss what gifts to get
    cheers
    tim

and to everyone else wondering whether to get involved here is what telltale thought of the season 1 gifts:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-211

Lead designer Brendan Ferguson: Thank you so much, friends! Your generosity is very touching, not to mention great tasting and less filling

Dave Grossman: You guys rock.

So basically what I'm saying is it takes a lot to create and release 5 games in 6 months.. So lets send them a little something as a thank you
  • edited April 2008
    donations are up to $130! if we can get to 200 I think we can get some really good presents.. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.