Sooo season 2 gifts for telltale? [telltale employees dont look]

124»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Hey there is a relationship there between the employees of telltale and the fans.. it started with telltale's creation off the back of a pretty big reaction to freelance police's cancellation..{rhyming not intended} We have watched them grow over the years..and they have always spent the time to talk to the fans and responded to feedback in their actual games. No I'm not spending money on a gift basket for Sony or EA sports.. but I have no problems spending a bit of money to send Jake, Emily, Chuck & co a small thank you after they revived my favorite characters from a 14 year absence..and then churned out 5 episodic games worth about 25 hours of gameplay in 5 months.. Which no other company has been able to do.. I'm sure on a very hectic schedule..

:)

Watching Telltale go from a small company of about 8 or 10 employees with brendan working in a closet ranting about blades of stenchar II to what it is now.. You actually feel kind of proud.. like a proud parent
  • edited April 2008
    Awwwwww. :)
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Hey there is a relationship there between the employees of telltale and the fans.. it started with telltale's creation off the back of a pretty big reaction to freelance police's cancellation..{rhyming not intended} We have watched them grow over the years..and they have always spent the time to talk to the fans and responded to feedback in their actual games. No I'm not spending money on a gift basket for Sony or EA sports.. but I have no problems spending a bit of money to send Jake, Emily, Chuck & co a small thank you after they revived my favorite characters from a 14 year absence..and then churned out 5 episodic games worth about 25 hours of gameplay in 5 months.. Which no other company has been able to do.. I'm sure on a very hectic schedule..

:)

Watching Telltale go from a small company of about 8 or 10 employees with brendan working in a closet ranting about blades of stenchar II to what it is now.. You actually feel kind of proud.. like a proud parent
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Now go clean your room!

;)
  • edited April 2008
    And take this laundry with you, put it away!
  • edited April 2008
    Surprised nobody said
    Bosco wrote:
    Now go wash my car
  • edited April 2008
    Washing cars builds character.
  • edited April 2008
    yeah, or how about "take the trash out"?
    Hero1 wrote: »
    No I'm not spending money on a gift basket for Sony or EA sports.. but I have no problems spending a bit of money to send Jake, Emily, Chuck & co a small thank you after they revived my favorite characters from a 14 year absence..
    hmm, but i'm also not buying products from sony or ea...and i didn't really have a problem donating a little bit for the crew, still it feels strange. that's probably because it's so unusual today that a company deserves presents..
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We got another box today - this one to our PO box rather than our office address, from a company in Pennsylvania. Was this also from you guys?
  • edited April 2008
    That was mine. I didn't have your guys' address, so I just used the one I found on the corporate page.
  • edited April 2008
    I picked it up this morning. Delicious, but probably won't last long enough to be photographed and blogged. *smirk*

Thanks Allen!!
    AllenB wrote: »
    That was mine. I didn't have your guys' address, so I just used the one I found on the corporate page.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Any news on the pictures?
  • edited May 2008
    Well if everyone from the telltale office suddenly does silent and drops off the face of the earth, Then it means they got MY present.

I hope i remembered to poke holes in the box, Last shipment of gators i sent to mum for mothers day died on me... I thought they were supposed to be good at holding their breath... Sheez!
  • edited May 2008
    I took a couple of quick pictures and passed them on to Emily for the blog. I am no photographer, so they may need to be retaken by someone who knows what they are doing.

I'll send her a reminder, but please keep in mind that everyone is here is working hard to keep you all happy. :cool:
    jmm wrote: »
    Any news on the pictures?
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Don't worry guys. There is plenty of time.
  • edited May 2008
    patience.razor.swallow
  • edited May 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    116450033_4266fb5229_o.jpg

Can you send me one of those? I've got an empty space needing filling next to my bed.
    edited May 2008
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Woo! Pictures!!!
    Thank you guys and gals!!

Is it true that the lava lamp causes electrical/electronic interference?
    If so I'm ordering a bunch for my office...hehe
    edited May 2008
    The first day we got it, I put it on top of a computer, and Damon said I shouldn't do that.
  • edited May 2008
    so, the interference is more of a theory?

btw, what is that small brown box in front of the sam & max season one discs? furthermore: nice display cases, i got me a couple of those as well..
  • edited May 2008
    I was also pondering about the brown box
  • edited May 2008
    Great pictures love the moai head
    edited May 2008
    It's not a brown box, it's a silver award shaped like a brick. (Well, not actual silver, but that's what color it is.) It's the Gamespot award for Funniest Game of 2006, which went to Culture Shock. It's heavy, and I've often thought it would be good for clocking someone over the head, but as yet that has not been attempted.

Might make a good CSI case...
  • edited May 2008
    That is what the box said, so I was just following instructions.

The odd thing is every time Nick moves too close to the moai head, he starts acting very strangely. Could he be some sort of cyborg/android?

That would also explain his mad TF2 skills.
    jmm wrote: »
    Woo! Pictures!!!
    Thank you guys and gals!!

Is it true that the lava lamp causes electrical/electronic interference?
    If so I'm ordering a bunch for my office...hehe
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    It's not a brown box, it's a silver award shaped like a brick. (Well, not actual silver, but that's what color it is.) It's the Gamespot award for Funniest Game of 2006, which went to Culture Shock. It's heavy, and I've often thought it would be good for clocking someone over the head, but as yet that has not been attempted.

Might make a good CSI case...

I wouldn't like to get on your bad side.
  • edited May 2008
    ^ that's why we buy them gifts, so they don't hurt us ;)

Really, cool pics.
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe I should use that concept with my friends.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.