Sooo season 2 gifts for telltale? [telltale employees dont look]

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Ultimate Cheeseburgers are teh YUMMMMMM.
    1) Love of a good (and fantastically patient) woman
    2) Weight Watchers (it's like playing an RPG... with your gut!)
    3) Light daily exercise
    4) Expanding my diet beyond drive-thru fast food (haven't touched the stuff for over a year).

Still occasionally getting a pang for a Jack-In-The-Box Ultimate Cheeseburger and an Oreo Shake,
    Stemmle
  • edited April 2008
    1) Love of a good (and fantastically patient) woman
    2) Weight Watchers (it's like playing an RPG... with your gut!)
    3) Light daily exercise
    4) Expanding my diet beyond drive-thru fast food (haven't touched the stuff for over a year).
    5) Ominous gypsy curse.
  • edited April 2008
    6) Can't afford food. (or is that just me?)
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    Great gifts! :D
    I donated but didn't get into the gift choosing conversation, as I have been swamped with school. They picked awesome stuff! :)

I need to get over my love of fast food too (well, I don't LOVE all of it, but I've been too crazy with stuff to feel like cooking healthy stuff for myself).
  • EricPEricP Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    So this seems like an appropo time to make my first post as a TTG employee, in order to say, holy crap but we have the coolest fans ever!

I can now look across the office and remember to ask "Is This Good for the COMPANY?"
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Hello there Eric!

A few things about the gift(s)
    -One of the things that didn't make it was a Mariachi Sombrero (We had to order over 100 units !?)
    -The items resemble somehow a season 2 case file
    -We thought about "Banang", but discarded the idea fearing strong dislikes about banana flavored drinks
    -Abusive stamps, inspired on Bluster Blaster (See them at your own peril here)
    -A Cookie Basket (replaced by a larger and more complete gift basket)
  • edited April 2008
    Two years in a row that I've missed out due to bad timing financially. :(

@jmm: Who would need 100 sombreros?? Are there Mariachi Union meetings I'm not aware of?
  • edited April 2008
    (ah, misread the post, nevermind...)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    You guys are crazy people.
  • edited April 2008
    Thank you!
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    @jmm: Who would need 100 sombreros?? Are there Mariachi Union meetings I'm not aware of?

Um... yes! :D
    "It's an invasion! Too many people claiming to be mariachis!"
    According to the union, a true mariachi band must feature at least six musicians and a minimum of two violins, a trumpet, a guitar, a guitarron (a large bass-like instrument) and a vihuela, which resembles a guitar. The more elaborate bands have 15 or more members.
  • edited April 2008
    Egads! Bosco would plotz!
  • edited April 2008
    It's weird in my mind I picture mike stemmle as if its 1993, so the recent pictures shock. Congrats on the weight loss and I order you to not partake in one of the future gifts arriving :)

Also thanks to everyone who donated:

Plan3
    DoubtedEdwardo
    Kitmit13
    Derwin
    tobar
    sanguinehearts
    patters
    MaxFan
    Mel
    All-thumbs
    Teilan
    Didda
    Laserschwert
    Haggis
    wisp
    jmm
    AllenB

still more gifts on the way :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    About the "Jump to conclusions" Mat, I contacted ThinkGeek and they have no problems replacing the Mat with a *good* version.
    If you want to replace it, contact Tim ("Hero1") since he was the one that did the order.
    edited April 2008
    The faux BoscoTech security camera arrived today! It's up in the corner of the office, surveying all. I hope you guys didn't sneak an actual camera in there.
  • edited April 2008
    Woo! That was my suggestion :)
    And we're not saying, we don't know who you might be working for. Actually, we do, but we're not telling you guys, that's for sure!
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for posting this list.

Now we know who REALLY loves us.

*looks at everyone else*

(Kidding, of course. The gifts were not necessary, but greatly appreciated!)
    Hero1 wrote: »
    It's weird in my mind I picture mike stemmle as if its 1993, so the recent pictures shock. Congrats on the weight loss and I order you to not partake in one of the future gifts arriving :)

Also thanks to everyone who donated:

Plan3
    DoubtedEdwardo
    Kitmit13
    Derwin
    tobar
    sanguinehearts
    patters
    MaxFan
    Mel
    All-thumbs
    Teilan
    Didda
    Laserschwert
    Haggis
    wisp
    jmm
    AllenB

still more gifts on the way :)
  • edited April 2008
    Did anything else arrive today?
    edited April 2008
    haha yes. The Mariachi's colorful piñata.

We'll eventually hang it up next to the sombrero that we have in the office for some reason.
  • edited April 2008
    Im glad your enjoying them :)
    I cant imagine how your office looks right now..
    :)
  • edited April 2008
    Which is why you should post pics! :D
    edited April 2008
    my computer is failing to read from the digital camera right now, so I'll give it another shot Monday!
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    my computer is failing to read from the digital camera right now, so I'll give it another shot Monday!

What is it with you and your cameras, anyway? :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Chocolate came yesterday, too. Thanks everyone. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Do they know these threads are actually a secret plot to see how many Telltalers actually visit the forum?
  • edited April 2008
    Damon wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this list.

Now we know who REALLY loves us.

*looks at everyone else*

(Kidding, of course. The gifts were not necessary, but greatly appreciated!)

Wait, that is what I donated for? I thought it was the TTG building demolition fund. Wow, I should read things more thoroughly.

... oh, and looking forward to seeing more pics from around the office.
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah lets see all that useless crap we bought them!
  • edited April 2008
    My name's on the list but I didn't actually donate to the items you've received so far. I left it too late to donate and so I bought something special for you guys myself - some exotic treats from my homeland as a reward for keeping me highly entertained for the past 5 months. As far as I know, they haven't arrived yet - so keep an eye out!

Thanks, guys, for an awesome season. You're getting better and better every episode.
  • edited April 2008
    Wow, the Moai light up head is VERY cool. Currently hanging out in one of our conference rooms, but I'm afraid Dave G might snatch it for his collection. :cool:

I had no idea how neat it would look until I plugged it in. Very nice!
  • edited April 2008
    photo please!
    edited April 2008
    Shush you! We'll be posting photos of all the sweet gifts when the time is right!... whatever that means.
  • edited April 2008
    Shush you! We'll be posting photos of all the sweet gifts when the time is right!... whatever that means.

How about, "When we finally figure out how to get our camera working again, we're all so techno-inept!"
    edited April 2008
    More like "when I finish building the Strong Bad main menu system, and Emily has time to post a blog about it, we'll post a totally awesome blog about it!!!" :)
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Easy guys....
    Don't get overanxious, eventually (and probably sooner than we think) someone from Telltale will post the photos.
  • edited April 2008
    More like "when I finish building the Strong Bad main menu system(...)
    you know what your problem is? you always have a good excuse..:rolleyes:

:D no, i totally want that menu thing...and probably the rest of the game, so your request to postpone the photo-taking is accepted.
  • edited April 2008
    oooh a blog.. I don't mind waiting for that :)
  • edited April 2008
    Glad you all liked the gifts, looking forward to seeing them in all their blogging glory.
  • edited April 2008
    The gifts are our way saying "We love you Telltale!"! =p
    Thank you for another great season, can't wait for the next!

And thanks to Hero1 for making this gift giving thing possible! =) Maybe next year I should send you some Norwegian "Brunost", an "Ostehøvel" and the invention we claim as ours: The "Binders"... but that wasn't really our invention =p
  • edited April 2008
    I feel a bit guilty about not donating, but I prefer to give Telltale my money by buying stuff from their store (which I've done a lot of).
    Nethertheless, I look forward to the pictures! :D
  • edited April 2008
    actually, you're right somehow...it feels kinda strange to spend money on a company, because you liked buying their stuff. on the other hand...we got case files and great service and such.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.