S3 ETA and Trailer?

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
Not trying to rush, jsut curious what the ETA is for the season 3 trailer and 301. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 18 months? (just curious so I can mark it on my Calendar :D)

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Not trying to rush, huh? :)
  • edited April 2008
    next season starts in 2015... mark your calendar before you forget

(in all seriousness, they said in early 09... so i would expect "something" by February, or at least march... maybe not an episode, but at least a season trailer or something)
  • edited April 2008
    well the unannounced series is supposed to run back to back with strong bad n sam and max.. so i'd say strong bad.. june to oct.. unannounced: nov-march and sam and max s3: april-sept
  • edited April 2008
    K, thanks, I'll be canceling my gametap subscription tomorrow!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    sam and max s3: april-sept

It probably won't be that long. :D

We're aiming for early 2009 for Season Three of Sam & Max. But don't worry, there will be plenty of Telltale awesomeness to tide you over until then!
  • edited April 2008
    what if the world ends in 2009?
  • edited April 2008
    If the world ends I dont think we'll be very worried about the next season of S+M.......
  • edited April 2008
    Will there be 'Sam' and Max in heaven?

Or that really hot place with the pitchforks up the arse?

Edit: Yes, damn me and such.
  • edited April 2008
    I don't know about there being any "Sma and Max" in heaven, but I bet they'll have plenty of Sam and Max goodness to go around.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    Me wonders the kind of "redecoration" they'll do to the place
  • edited April 2008
    I'm hoping some stuff is cleaned up, and that their are a few cool changes about the place.

I'm not too worried I have a feeling they'll do a great job since they have been allllllllllll throughout S+M
  • edited April 2008
    I'm looking forward to it, though since I have so little patience, I'll probably slowly fade fromt eh forums and check back in a few years from now (so I can play Season 3, 4, and possibly 5 in a row) I just got a PS2 though to help fill the time, but I get the odd feeling that it wont make me forget the loveable duo...
  • edited April 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    If the world ends I dont think we'll be very worried about the next season of S+M.......

You really don't know me.
  • edited April 2008

Speak for yourself!

Also if I might pitch in an idea for the new season (which is actually an idea of a friend of mine who doesn't post here)

Sam and Max should take a road trip cross country, or to a different location every episode, solving crimes along the way. It would certainly shake off the dust that is collecting on the street we've become accustomed to.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    tiger97882 wrote: »
    Sam and Max should take a road trip cross country, or to a different location every episode, solving crimes along the way. It would certainly shake off the dust that is collecting on the street we've become accustomed to.

link
  • edited May 2008
    That idea totally wasn't the same as Hit the Road. Jeez Nick. Rude.
  • edited December 2008
    Here we go, the millionth thread about Season 3, but I had a question about the wii version:

Will it be released at the same time as the PC version (on wiiware), or on a Retail Disk at the end of the season? (maybe both?)

Also, is SBCG4AP gonna go retail?
  • edited December 2008
    Unless I'm mistaken S+M3 is going to start in Feb, and finish in june/july, at which point they will then begin porting the game to Wii (provided they've finished S+M2 port)

That's just what I get from reading the forums, I could be wrong.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    I don't think we've given any dates for Season Three, let alone mentioned a Wii port! Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves! Season Three is happening, and I imagine it will rule, but beyond that we haven't said much of anything.
  • edited December 2008
    And then Season 4 will come out on January 21, 2010.
  • edited December 2008
    http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/faq
    Believe it or not, we're now a big enough company that we can work on all sorts of things at once. Sam & Max will be back in early 2009 with a new season, plus we're bringing their adventures to the Wii this fall.

The bit about Wii in that quote refers to Season 1, which came out for Wii this past fall. So all we really know about Season 3 of Sam & Max is that it will "be back in early 2009" which is a fairly broad range. "February" is speculation based on that.
  • edited December 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/faq

The bit about Wii in that quote refers to Season 1, which came out for Wii this past fall. So all we really know about Season 3 of Sam & Max is that it will "be back in early 2009" which is a fairly broad range. "February" is speculation based on that.

No, TTG used "February 2009" as the time they said Season 3 would begin production. I asked this back not long after S2 ended. (I cant find the thread now, and I dont see a search button, but it's there)

EDIT: Now I see the search button... -_- I'll search for it when I get back later if nobody finds it int he meantime. I acctualyl think Jake was the one who said Feb. though I could be wrong...
  • edited December 2008
    Found the thread. and **** it, there's no date. for a 3rd time, I misquoted the same user thinking a TTG said it...:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5074

Yeah... sometime in 2009... sometime before April...
  • edited December 2008
    Still, that sheds light on more info, anyway. The early quotes had me thinking "we'll get started making Season 3 sometime in early 2009," but some of these definitely point at "the first episode of Season 3 will be released sometime in early 2009" so that's cool.
  • edited December 2008
    I get the feeling they already have the plots laid out and are going to begin production like 1-1-09 or something, they made comments off and on about "we're not working on it yet" and also elsewhere that "it only takes a month or two to make an episode" so, the way I read it, both are right.
  • edited December 2008
    Really? They just finished strongbad, wallace & gromit hasn't even come out yet.. I wouldn't expect season 3 too soon.. Remember with their schedule they need a few months head start before episode 1 comes out as well.
    edited December 2008
    Once we're in production of a season, episodes take about three months spread across all departments, but there's always also a few additional months of pre-production ahead of the first episode.
  • edited December 2008
    How about a Sam and Max season updated with the Crysis engine so everything looks extremely real? Just imagine every detail of Max's face with duel quadlinier hyper-filtering and advanced congesticated high detail shading!!

Or maybe game play is more important :P
    edited December 2008
    You can see every pore on Bosco's face! We could constantly cut to gross Spumco-style closeups... in real time.
  • edited December 2008
    ...why did you necrothread my post from April? 3/4 of a year old... I mean this probably wasn't even in the first _5_ pages of the forums...
  • edited December 2008
    Snocat wrote: »
    How about a Sam and Max season updated with the Crysis engine so everything looks extremely real? Just imagine every detail of Max's face with duel quadlinier hyper-filtering and advanced congesticated high detail shading!!

Or maybe game play is more important :P

I didn't understand half of that. XD

I really do hope to see something soon though. I haven't got Season 2 yet, but when I do, I'll probably finish it in like a day and be very eager for more, so I guess it all works out.
    By the way, any word about if there's going to be a Season 4? *Crosses fingers*
  • edited December 2008
    Is Season 3 After Of Before Wallice & Gromit
  • edited December 2008
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    By the way, any word about if there's going to be a Season 4? *Crosses fingers*

TTG has already said they plan to keep making S+M games untill it's no longer financially viable (i.e. untill the games stop selling) I asked this already because at the end of S2 you see "THE END" and I Was worried that was the end of the series.
  • edited December 2008
    TTG has already said they plan to keep making S+M games untill it's no longer financially viable (i.e. untill the games stop selling) I asked this already because at the end of S2 you see "THE END" and I Was worried that was the end of the series.

Permission to weep openly and run outside screaming?
  • edited December 2008
    The big question I ask of Telltale is this: if S&M S3 is due in early 2009 but nothing's been revealed about it yet, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adveutres has already had publicity and pictures... which is coming out first?
  • edited December 2008
    I guess they come together since another group is working on Wallace and Gromit
  • edited December 2008
    I don't think we ever actually announced 'early 2009', just '2009'. The 'early' part seems to be a commitment based out of the imagination of people on the forum.
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I don't think we ever actually announced 'early 2009', just '2009'. The 'early' part seems to be a commitment based out of the imagination of people on the forum.

Unfortunately you did (emphasis added):
    Emily wrote: »
    It probably won't be that long. :D

We're aiming for early 2009 for Season Three of Sam & Max. But don't worry, there will be plenty of Telltale awesomeness to tide you over until then!

Look on page 1 of this thread, in fact ;)
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »

"Emily Morganti Sam and Max season 3"
    if you do a google search on this phrase, you'll get a ****load of results saying early 2009. so, even if you've never announced early 2009 explicitly, the entire Internet is still counting on that commitment :)
  • edited December 2008
    IF you look at the other thread here "S3 ETA" or osmething, tobacco seems to be implying S3 will be released after W+G or at the least later on in the year, despite the earlier promise of it being released "early 2009" so I'm reading that as W+G will be released soon then S+M will be released later, perhaps 301 will be a "Xmas gift" release (with them pushing S+M back, I'm starting to wonder if it's not selling well... might also explain why they've picked up the W+G series...)
This discussion has been closed.