S3 ETA and Trailer?

13»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    "Spend me on Sam & Max! Spend me on Sam & Max!"
    I'm not too worried. I've still yet to play the last 3 episodes of Season 2. Also, I'm going to save up to buy Surfin' the Highway. So I'll have my "fix" of Sam & Max until Season 3 is released.
  • edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    Read the whole thread, Simon, TTG wont say anything but is implying it's been pushed back quite a ways. Most of us are banking on an Xmas release.

Actually, we didn't use the words "quite a ways" either. Nor have we suggested an Xmas release. And let's be fair, "most of us" might mean "you" also.
  • edited January 2009
    @ tobacco: well I know there are atlast 4 members here who are expecting an xmas release and who are expecting S3 to be the final installment. I suppose I should have used other words. "Most" acctually have not even weighed in on when they are expecting the 3rd season to arrive... My appologies...

And to be fair emily was saying that S3 would not be comming out "early 2009" therefore it's at best mid-2009 or late-2009. at BEST that means Xmas since it's 1-2 months per eppisode. (even if it were started in Feb, 5epps x 2months = 10 months = Xmas release)
  • edited January 2009
    haha! tabacco just said what everybody was thinking
  • edited January 2009
    I still say Xmas, look at the math above. unless TTG really hauls arse and does 1epp per month they cant possibly release S3 before Dec.
  • edited January 2009
    As long as the game is good, I don't care when it comes out. Take your time, guys.
  • edited January 2009
    I still say Xmas, look at the math above. unless TTG really hauls arse and does 1epp per month they cant possibly release S3 before Dec.

it doesn't take them 12 months to complete an episode.. 3 months pre-production.. then 3 months per episode on a rolling schedule.. something like episode 1 july episode 2 september ep3 october etc

Remember they work on multiple episodes at the same time.. voicework is don on episode 1 while art is being completed on episode 2 etc.. thasts how they can have a monthly release schedule.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009

You are assuming a lot about a lot. When we have a schedule for Season 3 we'll let you know. Will it be Christmas? Who knows? Most of us don't know exactly where Season Three will land at this point, so I don't know how you know. Season Three will exist, but beyond that, what Emily said in the thread is all we have right now -- "As soon as we do have Sam & Max info for you guys, of course we'll share it. But we don't at the moment."

I don't know what good you expect to accomplish by telling both random forum-goers and Telltale employees that our schedule is something you have made up in the middle of a thread. It doesn't help anyone, trust me! :)
  • edited January 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    it doesn't take them 12 months to complete an episode.. 3 months pre-production.. then 3 months per episode on a rolling schedule.. something like episode 1 july episode 2 September ep3 October etc

WTH??? I never said 12 months per epp! There are 5 eppisodes. Each eppisode takes 2 months (about) so even if they start in Feb -

Ep 1 Feb - March
    ep 2 April - May
    Ep 3 June - July
    ep 4 Aug - Sept
    ep 5 Oct - Nov
    Packaging + shipping: December - XMAS 2009!

I dont understand why everyone is so angry about this. It's logical, based on what TTG has said in the past about their production schedule. I'm not taking massive liberties or leaps of faith.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    That's just not how it works. It definitely takes us a few months to complete an episode, but each episode's schedule is staggered across the different departments that put it together (design, voice recording, art, animation, programming, etc), so it's not like the whole studio shuts everything down for a few months and just works on one episode of one game. The episodes have always come out once a month, for instance. Why in your schedule are the release dates every other month? Your information and your assumptions are wrong, and you're effectively spreading misinformation in this thread.

Really, when multiple people from Telltale who make the games in question, and multiple community members who have been around for a few seasons, tell you that you're getting it wrong, you might want to stop and ask if they're onto something.

I'm trying not to come down on you hard, here, as I know you're just trying to figure out when you'll be getting more Sam & Max, but you are definitely jumping to conclusions based in misinterpreted information, and, again, it's not helping you, or anyone. Please trust us when we tell you that it's still unknown exactly when Sam & Max 301 will exist. We're not making it up, or trying to obfuscate information, really! Honest! :)

In fact, I think I should probably close this thread before it becomes incredibly goofy. "As soon as we do have Sam & Max info for you guys, of course we'll share it. But we don't at the moment."
This discussion has been closed.