S3 ETA and Trailer?

Comments

• edited December 2008
    I read that thread but no one said that S3 is pushed back... :(
    but Emily promised that it will come in early 2009 ... :( :( :(

EDIT: I read it right now and I saw him said that, and I saw that you ignored him by Emily`s quote.
    What kind of guy are you? you have 2 personalities?
  • edited December 2008
    Tobacco did not SAY it would be pushed bac, but he IMPLIED it would.
  • edited December 2008
    There is at least one specific reference (maybe the only one, though ... ?*). To quote the SBCG4AP FAQ:
    Does this mean you're abandoning Sam & Max?!

Of course not! Believe it or not, we're now a big enough company that we can work on all sorts of things at once. Sam & Max will be back in early 2009 with a new season, plus we're bringing their adventures to the Wii this fall. And then there's Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures on the way as well. Will wonders never cease?
    [Emphasis mine]

Granted, other than the reference to W&G, the FAQ was posted well before the delay issues with SB cropped up -- 105 would have probably been released in October had things gone as planned. So let's keep that in mind.

*EDIT: Oops, missed Ashton's last post. I think the fact that the word "aiming" was used (as opposed to something more concrete) is worth considering, though. And that was, again, posted before anyone knew about the SBCG4AP delays.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm starting to miss the old Conclusion hop-scotch...
  • edited December 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    I'm starting to miss the old Conclusion hop-scotch...
    What`s a Conclusion hop-scotch???
    I know hop-scotch is a game, but what`s the relationship between hop-scotch and a conclusion?
  • edited December 2008
    I'm going to buy a Desoto replica and right "Early 09 or bust" on it.
  • edited December 2008
    As I said in the other S3 thread, I am thinking S+M is being pushed back a ways. Considering the fact they're adding W+G as well, I'm wondering if the S+M series is tanking. Remember Lucus Arts abandoned S+M:FP when it was already mostly finished due to the fact it was no longer financially viable (this is the story I have seen. It may or may not be correct, I'd love if one of you guys that worked on it could verify/deny this) likewise the Comics ceased and the TV series ended and no movies were ever made. It's not a massive leap to assume that S+M simply has too small of a fanbase for more than an occasional game, book, etc that is more just a publicity stunt.

TTG has Promised us all many many many times that there will be a S3, however, it will not surprise me if S3 is shorter than S2 and wraps everything up in a nice little package, ending the S+M series.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Yep, back in April we did estimate "early 2009" for Sam & Max Season Three based on the information we had at the time. We need to update that FAQ. :p

As soon as we do have Sam & Max info for you guys, of course we'll share it. But we don't at the moment.
  • edited December 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    As I said in the other S3 thread, I am thinking S+M is being pushed back a ways. Considering the fact they're adding W+G as well, I'm wondering if the S+M series is tanking. Remember Lucus Arts abandoned S+M:FP when it was already mostly finished due to the fact it was no longer financially viable (this is the story I have seen. It may or may not be correct, I'd love if one of you guys that worked on it could verify/deny this) likewise the Comics ceased and the TV series ended and no movies were ever made. It's not a massive leap to assume that S+M simply has too small of a fanbase for more than an occasional game, book, etc that is more just a publicity stunt.

TTG has Promised us all many many many times that there will be a S3, however, it will not surprise me if S3 is shorter than S2 and wraps everything up in a nice little package, ending the S+M series.

I see you're really depressed and hopeless...
    have you been under effects of being with Strong Sad for 5 months?
    Emily wrote: »
    Yep, back in April we did estimate "early 2009" for Sam & Max Season Three based on the information we had at the time. We need to update that FAQ. :p

As soon as we do have Sam & Max info for you guys, of course we'll share it. But we don't at the moment.

you mean, ashton was right?
    you're not going to release S&M in early 2009?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    but Emily promised that it will come in early 2009 ...

No, I didn't.

The FAQ where we said we were aiming for early 2009 was written last April, and it needs to be updated. A lot has happened since then! Sam & Max Season Three will be coming, but we don't have concrete dates to announce right now.
  • edited December 2008
    :( I was hoping S&M for at least feb2009 :( :(
  • edited December 2008
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    I see you're really depressed and hopeless...
    have you been under effects of being with Strong Sad for 5 months?

Reality is depressed and hopeless if you've not noticed. And I'm just accepting that S+M is going to end, just like I feared when I saw "THE END" at the finale of S2. I DARE TTG to prove me wrong, I DARE them to make 8 more seasons before throwing in the towel, but realistically I don't expect it to happen.

Actually I've not played any of the Strongbad games, mainly because I've not watched any of the animations because just from the 1 advert I've seen it seems so... how can I put this... childish? Though I said the same thing about S+M... maybe sometime I will go watch the cartoons so I can play the games... I'll need something to fill the void of S+M...

To be honest, if S+M is tanking I bet SB will tank too eventually. That's what happens when you head to the underground to find your ideas. I think TTG's real plan is to pick the best of the underground arts, make a series of games, then when the series loses the novelty aspect, they will pick up another one, and repeat it. S+M, Strongbad, and W+G are hardly mainstream popular series's... Though I admit it is a brilliant business model.
  • edited December 2008
    Actually, I like you being realistic.
    I have to say that, I`m agreed with you.
    you're conclusion (or as RobD says, conclusion hop-scotch) is harsh, but it`s logical.
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2008
    I wan't S&M S3 on my mailbox.... yesterday.... to the time machine! (read with Dr. Fred's voice*)

I don't know why people is so impatient. Nobody said S&M will be released in a particular date, we just got a statement in which we were told that Telltale was aiming for early 2009 (Which can still happen, it all depends on what you understand for early :))

Let's just wait for the removal of the veil of secrecy. Hopefully that will be sooner than we expect.

* If you didn't get it, play "Day of the Tentacle"
  • edited December 2008
    But I don't want Sam & Max to end. :O
    *Gets out petition*
    Still, I'm just excited that they're making a Season 3. Most cartoon series only last 2 to 3 seasons, so, like Ashton said, I wouldn't be surprised if S&M didn't make it past Season 3. That doesn't mean I don't HOPE it will. I'm just saying I wouldn't be too surprised. Sad, perhaps, but not surprised. I'll stop typing now.
  • edited December 2008
    I looked up how it happened with Season Two:
    - Season 2 was announced in late July for Fall 2007
    - Ice Station Santa hit the audience in early November 2007

So it was roughly 3.5 months between the announcement and the season opener - if Season Three unfolds the same way, then it's definitely not Q1 we're talking about...
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    It probably won't be that long. :D

We're aiming for early 2009 for Season Three of Sam & Max. But don't worry, there will be plenty of Telltale awesomeness to tide you over until then!

Knowing its that early you got me excited already, Im assuming its coming after wallace and gromit's grand adventures though, seeing as so much more info is out about that and sam and max season 3 is currently just a passing reference.

Nonetheless I will subscribe to both of those games without hesitation.

But anyway, I'm rambling (sorry).
    Happy New Year
    -Lachlan_is
  • edited December 2008
    Well I never thought it wouldcome out early 09.. Look at my posts earlier in this thread..so im not too disappointed..Ashton maybe Sam and max has been delayed because the teams been busy? Ever thought of that.. If they are just starting to think about s3 now maybe well get it in 6 months.. June/July will also give a chance for atari to release season 2 and raise the awareness of Sam and max.. The first two seasons were wrapped up nicely so I think season 3 needs to be different .. So im hoping they take there time with it
  • MelMel
    edited December 2008
    The speculation has given me an eye twitch (and a possible aneurysm). I got lost somewhere on page two. :D

Like my Mom and Dad used to say,

"We'll get there when we get there. " :p
  • edited December 2008
    "Are we there yet?" (Sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • edited January 2009
    I'm not going to be naming any names, but some people like Ashton seem really negative around here. (jay kay, jay kay) I'll be happy so long as Season Three comes out before June. Telltale, take your time making sure you make the best games you can! =D
  • edited January 2009
    it could be worse they could be like valve....
  • edited January 2009
    patters wrote: »
    it could be worse they could be like valve....

Whats vavle?
  • edited January 2009
    It`s the company that made half-life and Portal games.
    What do you mean patters? Valve makes great games (especially Portal, best game in history that is not an adventure game)
    Is it bad if they were like valve in adventure game making?
  • edited January 2009
    i meant with the amount of delays they had with episode 2
  • edited January 2009
    I don't see season 3 happening. There weir some articles in computer magazines but still.
  • edited January 2009
    I don't see season 3 happening. There weir some articles in computer magazines but still.

And why not?

Considering how well the previous ones have done, the new ports to the Wii, and the customer base still growing (and will carry on thanks to the other titles like SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit) I think not doing Season 3 will be a very silly business move indeed.
  • edited January 2009

Ye have little faith, young one.
    But seriously, they promised us Season 3. Lots of fans would be very disappointed if they cancelled on us. And just remember, we're SAM & MAX fans, which would probably mean that if they cancelled, it would result in chaos and the burning and destruction of Telltale Games. (Don't take it as a threat, just leave it as an inevitability)
  • edited January 2009
    Sorry guys but there won't be a Season 3 until the AGA (Actor Guild America) come in terms with the contract dispute for voice acting (as they don't consider it as "acting" back then) and the wages.

I'm just kidding, I don't know what I am saying.
  • edited January 2009
    Sorry guys but there won't be a Season 3 until the AGA (Actor Guild America) come in terms with the contract dispute for voice acting (as they don't consider it as "acting" back then) and the wages.

I'm just kidding, I don't know what I am saying.

I laughed so hard after reading that.
    There's gonna be a Season 3. We all know it. We just don't know WHEN, yet, which is why everyone's freaking out about it.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2009
    Quoting another game company: "When it's done"

3D_Realms wrote:
    The release date of this game is "When it's done".
  • edited January 2009
    jmm wrote: »
    Quoting another game company: "When it's done"

Always bet on the Duke!
  • edited January 2009
    Stay strong my friends. Together wee will stand and play season 3 with extras!!!
  • edited January 2009
    I think it's good everyones anticipating season 3. Telltale is very much using the tv analogy, and I know plenty of shows that have got tired, old, repetitive and people have stopped watching.. Hopefully telltale can take Sam and max to another level in s3.. If they do expect another gift basket at the end hehe
  • edited January 2009

None of us here are claiming S3 wont happen. However we're all skeptical of Season 4, most are anticipating that S3 will be delayed and be the final TTG S+M series. (which is really a pretty good run, few games last 16 installments (save the big 3 - Zelda, Mario, and Sonic) heck few TV series last for 3 seasons!)

We'll all be sorely disappointed, but we wont hold it against anyone at TTG, Hopefully S3 will be the best S+M games ever produced so the series can go out with a real bang!

And Re: Valve, yes, AWESOME games, horrible scheduling... (Valve also runs Steam, which delivers S+M, and I think only a month or two ago did S2 hit steam's catalog... so... yeah...)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    And Re: Valve, yes, AWESOME games, horrible scheduling... (Valve also runs Steam, which delivers S+M, and I think only a month or two ago did S2 hit steam's catalog... so... yeah...)

Season 2 was released on Steam in May, pretty much right on the heels of the 205 release. 3rd party and in-house Steam release scheduling are highly distinct.

In Valve's defense, they're getting way better at pinpointing realistic release dates (Orange Box, L4D). And maybe I'm alone in here, but the pain of waiting a year for HL2 wore off almost immediately when I started playing it :)
  • edited January 2009
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Season 2 was released on Steam in May, pretty much right on the heels of the 205 release. 3rd party and in-house Steam release scheduling are highly distinct.

In Valve's defense, they're getting way better at pinpointing realistic release dates (Orange Box, L4D). And maybe I'm alone in here, but the pain of waiting a year for HL2 wore off almost immediately when I started playing it :)

HL2 has taken me over 6 months and hundreds of hours and I'm only 1/2 way through or so (guessing by the fact Wikipedia says you get the Gravity gun at 1/2 way and I *just* got it)

Personally,though, I gladly forgave them when they put so much stuff on sale last week! I got like 8 games for <$20! Of course I'm not a major gamer either, so that might be a perk in this case lol.

I didnt keep up with the Steam release dates for S+M because I got mine though Gametap, that was simply what I'd heard on the forums. I apologize for the inaccuracy.
  • edited January 2009
    I just thought I'd put this up here.

JUST WHEN IS SAM AND MAX SEASON 3 COMING OUT!!!!

I know it's coming early this year, I just want to know because I've had the money for a year!!!!
  • edited January 2009
    Read the whole thread, Simon, TTG wont say anything but is implying it's been pushed back quite a ways. Most of us are banking on an Xmas release.
  • edited January 2009
    I hope it's not that far off. I can hear my bank account calling Telltale's name. :)
This discussion has been closed.