Where do you wear your Sam and Max Gear?

edited August 2008 in Sam & Max
So what places have you worn your Sam and Max stuff to? Did anyone recognize the series? I wore my shirt to NYC and people noticed. LOL LOOK AT THIS GUY'S FACE in the background:

Clicky here to see picture of me with my shirt.

Hahahaha!

But seriously, I got a ton of compliments on the shirt. This proves to you via scientific means that Sam and Max have conquered NYC.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    My dad got a big compliment from some guy working the camcorder area at the Best Buy in Camas, WA. So, there's that!
  • edited June 2008
    HAHAHA! We are legion! :D Was he wearing that same shirt design that I have?
  • edited June 2008
    I wear my Max & Crossbones hat everywhere, except school because school has arbitrary rules. Hatists.
    Nobody's recognized it.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    I saw a guy wearing a Max & Crossbones shirt at the Red Sox / As game in Oakland a few weeks ago.
  • edited June 2008
    A guy who refilled a propane tank for me recognized my max and crossbones shirt awhile ago.
  • edited June 2008
    I gotta get a shirt someday.
  • edited June 2008
    ^^ same here. When I do I'll wear it everywhere, like dance classes, gym and I'll see if I can get anyway with it at my gaming job. I get good comments for my Pinky and the Brain hoodie though.
  • edited June 2008
    Where do you wear your Sam and Max Gear?

In my imagination. >.>
  • edited June 2008
    I wear my sam & max shirts everywhere..no one has recognised them though
  • edited June 2008
    really? odd..i've worn the max & crossbones shirt on several occasions like parties or going to the movies and usually a few people recognize it as sam&max-related instantly...
  • edited June 2008
    in my school we are allowed to wear hats.
  • edited June 2008
    that's....nice. in my school we were also allowed to wear pants...and shirts. even during classes. isn't this awesome? they always were a bit unclear about shoes though...

no, seriously, from your statement and the thread it is in i assume that you are not only allowed to wear hats, but also actually do so...aaand even have some sam&max-related ones?
  • edited June 2008
    I've worn both sam and max caps everywhere and no comments or recognition. :/
  • edited June 2008
    i'll buy those shirts....and then figure out if i'll wear it
    edited June 2008
    onezumi wrote: »
    HAHAHA! We are legion! :D Was he wearing that same shirt design that I have?

Oops, my dad had the hat! Forgot to mention that.

Unrelated: One time some guy stopped me on the street and asked if I could sing him the theme 'Loom.'
  • edited June 2008
    I'm not a big fan of the existing designs. I would just want a simple shirt with the two of them standing backs to each other, guns drawn.

Regardless, I'll end up buying the flaming Max head hat at Comic-con this year.
  • edited June 2008
    I am waiting for different designs before I even think about buying a Sam & Max shirt... the Max skull thing just ain't doing it for me...
  • edited June 2008
    There should be a 'I GOT IT!' tee
  • edited June 2008
    I await in hopes of a rerelease of the old BOOGA! BOOGA! shirt. :p
  • edited June 2008
    I wore my crossbones tshirt to work on talk like a pirate day aka my birthday. Noone there knows who sam n max is, but it's 90% women, and 1% geek.
  • edited June 2008
    I wear my S&M flaming max hat and my crossbones t-shirt (along with pants) everywhere I go. I recently went to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, and numerous people recognized Max and asked me where I got my shirt and hat.
    I have 3 of the max crossbones t-shirts - I wear two of them (not at the same time, though) and have one framed in my extensive collection (check out the Sam & Max Collections thread to se my entire list.)
  • edited June 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I wore my crossbones tshirt to work on talk like a pirate day aka my birthday. Noone there knows who sam n max is, but it's 90% women, and 1% geek.

I resent that, I'm a chick and I know who they are! Saying that I'm a weird cross breed of woman and geek.
  • edited June 2008
    ...well, the geek is also female.

fact is, most people that recognized my shirt know sam&max and especially the max-head shape from the old lucasarts times. back then the number of women that knew how to operate a computer or even tried to were very limited. back is school some girls tried to stuff floppies into the drives every wrong way possible. today everybody has a computer and female gamers are quite common. still the percentage of female adventure gamers is probably limited, because adventures are still mostly played out of nostalgia. girls mostly play wow..or something. but times will change and the day will come when a guy can impress a lady with a sam&max shirt or a hardcover edition "sufin the highway"...

...but i digress. i am currently wearing my max & crossbones shirt and i am going to have lunch...now...in a restaurant.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm not a T-shirt or hat person I'd love it if there was a Sam & Max messenger bag; I might weep openly.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm hoping for a sam & max tie tbh
  • edited June 2008
    A "Stay frosty America!" shirt would be awesome. Or just a plain max for president '08.
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    back in school some girls tried to stuff floppies into the drives every wrong way possible.

floppy_fail.jpg

Reminds me of this, lol.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ...well, the geek is also female.

fact is, most people that recognized my shirt know sam&max and especially the max-head shape from the old lucasarts times. back then the number of women that knew how to operate a computer or even tried to were very limited. back is school some girls tried to stuff floppies into the drives every wrong way possible. today everybody has a computer and female gamers are quite common. still the percentage of female adventure gamers is probably limited, because adventures are still mostly played out of nostalgia. girls mostly play wow..or something. but times will change and the day will come when a guy can impress a lady with a sam&max shirt or a hardcover edition "sufin the highway"...

...but i digress. i am currently wearing my max & crossbones shirt and i am going to have lunch...now...in a restaurant.

I don't have any stats on this, but I have a feeling you are way off base with this. If you are basing this on the forum demographic, you would have a very biased sample. I think women actually dominate the adventure genre (in terms of playing), they just don't have the time or inclination to post on some forums. Although depending on the forum you go to, that would change (Gameboomers, Mystery Manor are skewed more towards the older female gamer). I also think many of them haven't played many of the "classics" and don't have the heavy nostalgia factor.
    edited June 2008
    They probably also play the drama/mystery adventure games far far more than the "LucasArts-style" comedy games, though, Mel.

At least, based on conversations on the various adventure news/fan site boards.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    I think you're spot on with that point Jake.
  • edited June 2008
    Speaking of Sam & Max gear, in the recent issue of Official Nintendo Magazine here in the UK, they had an interview with two people from Sumo Digital who created Sega Superstars Tennis, and one of was wearing a Max & Crossbones hat in the photograph.

I might be able to get a scan in, but I'm just so busy at the moment that I probably don't have time (the scanner isn't on my PC).
  • edited June 2008
    I can't afford it but I do tell people how much I would like to have a shirt because I am a poor hobo.

Did I mention that I wear a size L?
  • edited June 2008
    Adventure games are my fave, me and my mum have played them since I was wee.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    I still wear my Oh Crumbs shirt in public.
  • edited June 2008
    me too! :)
  • edited June 2008
    My brother and I both have custom S&M shirts that I made, and I don't recall anyone recognising the characters (I may just be blanking though). Oh wait, one guy at a vintage gaming convention mentioned later in an email that he had recognised my shirt. Of course we're not really talking about conventions, here; when I took Plush Max to Wonder-Con TONS of people knew who it was after all. I'd like someone *outside* a convention to compliment me on my shirt...
  • edited June 2008
    Custom shirt? Posts some pics!
  • edited June 2008
    I don't own one. :(
    Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday next week.
  • edited June 2008
    btw, is the max and crossbones shirt the only official one at the moment? we totally need more shirts..are there any cool designs that need to be shirtified?
    what i like about the crossbones design is that it doesn't look like videogame- or comic-merchandise unless you recognize max. it also goes well with any emo-outfit...because of the skull.
  • edited June 2008
    I'd like to see the desoto shirt back in stock.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.