Where do you wear your Sam and Max Gear?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    I want some Max short shorts!
  • edited June 2008
    but max doesn't wear shorts... or anything.
  • edited June 2008
    Shorts with Max ON them
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    we totally need more shirts..
    :D:D:D:D
    yeah!
  • edited June 2008
    I don't end up wearing mine anywhere near as much as I would like. The reason... the thing takes on lint and pet hair like you wouldn't believe. It's like some kind of magnet. The thing comes straight out of the dryer absolutely covered in lint and hair. I have lint rollers at home, in the car, at work, and if I wear my Max skull and crossbones shirt I'm constantly having to roller it. Its contantly picking up hair and lint wherever I go. I bet I could roller it then walk through a microchip clean room and come out the other side covered in lint. I just dont get it.
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Custom shirt? Posts some pics!

I don't have a photo of my shirt but this is the design I made, and this is my brother's shirt (I decapitated him because I'm not sure he'd want me posting his face here, lol...).

The only reason I made these is because I agree with those who say there aren't enough S&M shirts available. I frankly don't like the crossbones design. :P If more shirts come out we will buy them.
  • edited June 2008
    Shorts with Max ON them
    Take a moment to think about that.
    Eeeeewww...
  • edited June 2008
    I wear my desoto shirt whenever it's clean (sadly not often enough). Was tempted to get a hate but I look odd in a black hat and then the other color choice was green. I just don't do "green". Need that khaki flaming max hat please. :D

I'll agree on the needing other designs. I love the desoto shirt, but the crossbones just doesn't call out to me.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't have a photo of my shirt but this is the design I made, and this is my brother's shirt (I decapitated him because I'm not sure he'd want me posting his face here, lol...).

The only reason I made these is because I agree with those who say there aren't enough S&M shirts available. I frankly don't like the crossbones design. :P If more shirts come out we will buy them.

Those are great, I especially like your brother's shirt design.
  • edited June 2008
    I want a Stuckey's tee
  • edited July 2008
    I want a Stuckey's tee

Agree. I saw Steve Purcell wearing one in a photo or video once, but I forgot where. I think that it might have been on the bonus disc to the animated series.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    He wore it at one of the last few Comic-Cons, for sure.
  • edited July 2008
    I might have to steel it off his back then. Watch out Purcell.
  • edited July 2008
    I saw a guy last week with a Stuckey's shirt on. I'm not sure where these shirts originated from or anything or how rare they are. It was at a week long music festival in the middle of nowhere too.
    I yelled out "Stuckey's!" when I past by him ( I was on a golf cart).
  • edited July 2008
    We need a shirt that says

'You Probably Hide The Cow'

and Max re-election bumper stickers
  • edited July 2008
    OMG I did that right on when I got the season1 pack!!! XDXDXD
    onerabbitonlawvs8.jpg
    Max is on my hair!
  • edited July 2008
    Like lice.
  • edited July 2008
    Like lice.

lol lice max XD
    I can imagine many many tiny maxies as lice... XDXD digging for brain food!!! XD
  • edited July 2008
    infecting and taking over your mind
  • I love wearing the Max & crossbones shirt because it makes small children cry!
  • Since1845 wrote: »
    I am waiting for different designs before I even think about buying a Sam & Max shirt... the Max skull thing just ain't doing it for me...

Yep,I must agree with you! I wish they'd make a SAM & MAX shirt with the Desoto....one with the Surfin the Highway cover photo would be great!

I'd like the DeSoto to be the original 2 Dr HARDTOP version though...not the modified convertible from the games!
  • edited July 2008
    I love wearing the Max & crossbones shirt because it makes small children cry!
    really? i tried that too, but it didn't work...sadly.
  • edited July 2008
    I love wearing the Max & crossbones shirt because it makes small children cry!

How very Max of you!
  • How very Max of you!

Thanks,thats the nicest thing anyones said to me since that judge told me the charges were dropped!
  • edited July 2008
    If you want a shirt that will make children (and most people in general) cry then try one with this on it! attachment.php?attachmentid=197
  • edited July 2008
    Max and Crossbones just doesn't seem to capture the spirit of the series. Of all the things that Telltale has released regarding Sam and Max, I can forgive a T-Shirt. Not enough to BUY it, mind you, but still.

It's like the Nightmare Before Christmas shirts that show Jack all evil and scheming. He isn't like that for the majority of the movie, and while it culminates in him finding happiness in that....it just doesn't seem right to display the character with the kind of face he uses during maybe three minutes of footage.
  • edited July 2008
    Max and Crossbones just doesn't seem to capture the spirit of the series. Of all the things that Telltale has released regarding Sam and Max, I can forgive a T-Shirt. Not enough to BUY it, mind you, but still.

It's like the Nightmare Before Christmas shirts that show Jack all evil and scheming. He isn't like that for the majority of the movie, and while it culminates in him finding happiness in that....it just doesn't seem right to display the character with the kind of face he uses during maybe three minutes of footage.
    I don't think it's meant to capture the 'feeling' of the series; it's not something you can sum up very well in a smallish, hat-friendly icon. In the case of Max & Crossbones, it's just a cool design that has ties to Sam & Max.
  • edited July 2008
    maybe it doesn't capture the spirit of the series, but it sure captures the spirit of the good old time, when max' head was the number one easter egg...you had max appear in all the different styles and places. sam and max isn't completely about the freelance police, they did other stuff too..been in star wars for example or traveled through time. so, the shirt design just takes the old skull&crossbones and makes it maxish...the old tradition of putting sam & max in places they don't belong.
  • edited July 2008
    I want this shirt, please:

funshirt.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    My English teacher brought it up in class when I wore the crossbones-shirt, and said it was awesome. I don't think she actually knew what Sam & Max was, but she just thought it was cool, and I agree. :D She said she too wanted one of them for Halloween. :rolleyes:
  • Hmm... I wonder if anyone in NYC would notice me if I wear my Shambling Corperate Presence costume?

Yeah, I don't think they'll notice a Giant Blue Blob in times square, either. =/

lol, on another note, I got stopped and commented on a lot, wearing my "Municapality" T-shirt (From Homestarrunner) Can't wait to see the results of this! =D
  • edited July 2008
    Nice shirt idea, meelWORM. Telltale should get on that, but you know, when they have time.
  • edited July 2008
    nice shirt indeed. the only minor drawback is the huge bun, where the signature is suppossed to go. it just seems to empty without it. it would still be a cool shirt. we definitely need more shirts.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    nice shirt indeed. the only minor drawback is the huge bun, where the signature is suppossed to go. it just seems to empty without it. it would still be a cool shirt. we definitely need more shirts.
    Simple: Have Steve sign it.
    I don't mean sign the shirts individually, I mean recreate the signature along with the image.
  • edited July 2008
    that's why i like the max&crossbones design...nobody thinks it's cute.:D
  • edited July 2008
    ladognome wrote: »
    i bought a shirt someone made off of eBay that I liked better.

It has Max posing kinda like this:
    sam_and_max.jpg

people think it's cute. lol
    ahh the ignorant...

Those bootleg shirts are all over ebay. You can get pillow cases and bags with the same design (which imo don't really look that great).

Thanks for supporting the criminal underground though. I'm sure they thank you in your shirt purchasing. Hopefully the design doesn't peel off in the wash!
  • edited July 2008
    hmm, you probably shouldn't ask steve purcell to sign one of these shirts..;)
  • wisp wrote: »
    hmm, you probably shouldn't ask steve purcell to sign one of these shirts..;)
    "Steve! Yo, Steve! I got a Bootleg shirt from Ebay, mind signing it? Then I can sell it AGAIN on eBay for MORE Cash!"

Hmm... Would not go well... =P
  • edited August 2008
    yeah buying cheap crap off ebay that is made by a bunch criminals in there crack house does not support steve purcell or telltale games and hurts them from giving us (people who arent cheap) good products and merchandise. but i wouldn't mind seeing the tshirts in different colors besides black cause sometimes its just to hot outside to wear a black tshirt maybe some red, blue, green and white shirts and maybe purple and pink for the ladies. And i love my max and cross bones shirt i'dlike to have one in white or green Hint hint Telltale
  • edited August 2008
    In the laaaaaaaaaand in the laaaaaaaand OF THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.