What if the game spawned a new TV series?

edited June 2008 in Sam & Max
Wouldn't it be awesome if after many seasons, there was an offer to make a new cartoon of Sam & Max, prefurably the "late night on Comedy Central" type, with no threat of small children or censors to ruin the morbid fun?

Ever notice in the games that except for punching & sawing off a bloodless head that the camera always looks away when something violent is supposed to be happening?

In further randomness, who else thinks that Max would read Jhonen Vasquez comics & watch Happy Tree Friends?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Ever notice in the games comics that except for punching & sawing off a bloodless head that the camera always looks away when something violent is supposed to be happening?

I did notice that!

I don't know about Happy Tree Friends, but I bet Max would watch Shark Week.
  • edited June 2008
    Whats wrong with a kids show.If you make it in 3D graphics of the game then a kids show might be good since gun shoots can be made to look unrealistic with no blood.
  • edited June 2008
    Whats wrong with a kids show.If you make it in 3D graphics of the game then a kids show might be good since gun shoots can be made to look unrealistic with no blood.

Do you want the spongebob kid crowd playing the sam and max games? It would cause so much controversy...

I don't know, what if it sucked and it was a disgrace to the series?
  • edited June 2008
    Erm, only if it's on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim because I don't want any Fox's censorship on the humor of Sam & Max cartoon.
  • edited June 2008
    Erm, only if it's on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim because I don't want any Fox's censorship on the humor of Sam & Max cartoon.

Too late, that already happened in the 90s. If only MTV was cool again. Remember Liquid Television, The Maxx, Aeon Flux? Who else could show it? Comedy Central & Spike TV.
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    Do you want the spongebob kid crowd playing the sam and max games? It would cause so much controversy...

I don't know, what if it sucked and it was a disgrace to the series?

The key is to put the creator on charge of the scripts.
  • edited June 2008
    If done right, I'd like another series. Even if it is like the original cartoon.
  • edited June 2008
    If this game series goes on long enough, some channel is going to offer it eventually anyways. Homestar was offered a TV series, but the brothers Chaps turned it down for various reasons including lack of interactivity (& probably not wanting to loose any rights to their creation). It really burns me up that its legal for big companies to snatch rights to other's creations & prevent them from using them again (like Jhonen Vasquez vs Nickelodeon & American McGee vs EA Games).
  • edited June 2008
    Too late, that already happened in the 90s. If only MTV was cool again. Remember Liquid Television, The Maxx, Aeon Flux? Who else could show it? Comedy Central & Spike TV.

But Adult Swim is pretty awesome right now, Dingo Frisky, Venture Bros., etc.
  • edited June 2008
    I think it would be awesome (and a start) if we got a flash series. A continuation of this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VTnrD3Oeb5U
  • edited June 2008
    A new TV series would be awesome! Who should voice it though? A continuation with the voice actors from the show, voice actors from the game, or a brand new Sam & Max?
  • edited June 2008
    Voice actor's from the game. I'd rather not go through another switch.
  • edited June 2008
    They should make a canon tv series version of the Sam and Max telltale games as in not adult but teen with the same graphics and sets kinda like what final fantasy did with their new movie.Adult would be too disturbing especially because of max's personality it could even get banned for extreme violence.Infact why do we even need a Tv series telltale are already making a tv styled game version of it which is better than any adult version could do.
  • edited June 2008
    They should make a canon tv series version of the Sam and Max telltale games as in not adult but teen with the same graphics and sets kinda like what final fantasy did with their new movie.Adult would be too disturbing especially because of max's personality it could even get banned for extreme violence.Infact why do we even need a Tv series telltale are already making a tv styled game version of it which is better than any adult version could do.
    1. Sam & Max has more or less always been on the same level content-wise as the current games. There was nothing considerably worse in the comics. They wouldn't make it considerably worse unless they were to basically screw the series over with changes.
    2. 'Canon?' I don't think there's anything Sam & Max that's NOT canon, mainly becaue canon isn't really something S&M is concerned with (outside of in-jokes).
    3. What is it with you and your tirade against 'adult' things? Are you upset because your mom won't let you watch [as]?
  • edited June 2008

fail.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    Jhonen Vasquez vs Nickelodeon

Damn, I loved Invader Zim. "I like Korn!"-GIR
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    fail.jpg
    Haha... Succinct, insulting, involves a cat... I like it! Thread over.
  • edited June 2008
    Voice actor's from the game. I'd rather not go through another switch.

defiantly keep the game's voce actors, they have been the best so far.
  • edited June 2008
    I think it would be awesome (and a start) if we got a flash series. A continuation of this:

Hey, a flash animated series hosted on Telltale or even sold through them would be an excellent idea. Flash animation takes less time & money to do. Too bad Kevin Smith didn't think of doing that when he got Clerks animated; would have lasted more than 6 episodes. (Didn't help that he asked all the wrong TV stations either).

I'm majoring in animation in art college. If it isn't made before I graduate, I'd LOVE to work on it.

As for adult vs teen, I'll take either. I prefur Max to be asexual & think of girls as less fun than videogames (wouldn't he make a terrible boyfriend/father?), but I'd still like to see blood stains on his teeth, or harmless gun-waving. I don't use guns, smoke, or drink, but it still suprises me that someone like Sam can't condole drinking & smoking; a guy who shoplifts, crank calls, & drives wrecklessly with an expired license while shooting aimlessly into the night.
  • edited June 2008
    Hey, a flash animated series hosted on Telltale or even sold through them would be an excellent idea. Flash animation takes less time & money to do. Too bad Kevin Smith didn't think of doing that when he got Clerks animated; would have lasted more than 6 episodes. (Didn't help that he asked all the wrong TV stations either).

I think the problems he had with the animated series had more to do with the control of ABC changing to someone who absolutly hated the show between the time the show was picked up and "aired" than it did from cost of animation. Sue, it wasn't picked up by anyone else (cept as repeats on Comedy Central for a while) but I really believe the main thing that killed it was blind hatred. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I think the problems he had with the animated series had more to do with the control of ABC changing to someone who absolutly hated the show between the time the show was picked up and "aired" than it did from cost of animation. Sue, it wasn't picked up by anyone else (cept as repeats on Comedy Central for a while) but I really believe the main thing that killed it was blind hatred. :)

I don't think I've ever seen anything good on ABC...ever. I heard there was supposed to be a full-length flash animated movie for Clerks, but got to distracted to check on it. What I ment though it that he should have kept it online & off TV.

Speaking of flash animation, I keep finding 2006 & 2007 posts about a Sam & Max flash-based cartoon, but can't find it.
  • edited June 2008
    Speaking of flash animation, I keep finding 2006 & 2007 posts about a Sam & Max flash-based cartoon, but can't find it.

Hello...
  • edited June 2008
    Hello...

Missed it. Thanx.

Ahh. that was ammusing. Kinda reminds me of Tim Burton's Stain Boy for some reason.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't know we already have an episodic series of it and a machima series of it. Don't you think a tv series would reduce the artist freedom because of time limit of each episode why not an internet series.Who doesn't want to email Sam.
  • edited June 2008
    It depends on which network about artistic freedom, Ren and Stimpy got away with alot. I don't think time limit would matter either 20-30 mins is penlty of time for a good show.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Who doesn't want to email Sam.

Wouldn't email create a bland in Sam's character, though?
  • edited June 2008
    Would Sam know how to e-mail?
  • edited June 2008
    Or Max the rabbit could be the next strongbad.He could answer emails on an alienware computer and the show would be in 3D.
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Wouldn't email create a bland in Sam's character, though?

I think my laugh-bladder just burst. :D
  • edited June 2008
    You can mail Max through dearmax@telltalegames.com for a chance to have your answer featured in the Telltale Interloper (though the last time that happened seems to be the November issue). It's not animated, but still..
  • edited June 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    you Can Mail Max Through dearmax@telltalegames.com For A Chance To Have Your Answer Featured In The Telltale Interloper (though The Last Time That Happened Seems To Be the November Issue). It's Not Animated, But Still..

"deer Macks
    Wear Is U Shurt?wear Is U Pants?ur Stoopud!i H8 U!
    Bobee
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I think my laugh-bladder just burst. :D
    same here...that was a good one. also, it is very true. can anybody imagine sam or max sitting in front of a computer? no, they're just to retro for this..

..on a new animated series: i totally want one. the style should be classic animation, not 3d, however.
  • edited June 2008
    So retro they'd prob only have an Anmiga
  • edited June 2008
    no, they're so retro...a typewriter would be fitting.
  • edited June 2008
    how about a commandro.
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    no, they're so retro...a typewriter would be fitting.

That's not retro, that's prehistoric
  • edited June 2008
    That's not retro, that's prehistoric

You want to see a rabbit sitting on the ground chiseling a reply to a stone tablet/letter?
  • edited June 2008
    Their office is very suited for containing a computer and email show.
  • edited June 2008
    They could also have occasional shorts and interactive giveaways during their email section plus fan submition of the day segment
  • edited June 2008
    I think your view on what Sam & Max are about is totally off.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.