What if the game spawned a new TV series?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    ...of course the old comics and also the animated series had some parts that "interacted" with the reader/viewer. stuff like the max puppet or the board game. similar elements would definitely fit into a new sam & max tv show...if done right. there is already an email-answering show, so we don't need another one of that however.
  • edited June 2008
    I said an email answering segment with occasional shorts.
  • edited June 2008
    that you did...and i did not understand you wrong. my oppinion is different than yours though. i think: email answering = bad, shorts = good.
  • edited June 2008
    Maybe monthly email segment with weekly shorts.
  • edited June 2008
    They could also have occasional shorts and interactive giveaways during their email section plus fan submition of the day segment

what would they win? Max's toenail clippings?
  • edited June 2008
    what would they win? Max's toenail clippings?
    The Complete Sam and Max Season 2 Package:Pc and Wii version,Case File, Nintendo Wii and Season 2 soundtrack maybe a poster.
  • edited June 2008
    The Complete Sam and Max Season 2 Package:Pc and Wii version,Case File, Nintendo Wii and Season 2 soundtrack maybe a poster.
    Why not throw in a couple of gold bars, too? Maybe a sports car?
  • edited June 2008
    sock-fox wrote: »
    Why not throw in a couple of gold bars, too? Maybe a sports car?

Maybe a White House too for good measure.
  • edited June 2008
    And the Deed to the United States of America to top it off.
  • edited June 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    And the Deed to the United States of America to top it off.

Some gold pants, too.
  • edited June 2008
    ANOTHER Advantage of internet TV sERIES would be no commercials. Also even if their were commercials it would be the ones in the comic and could be interactive.
  • edited June 2008
    ANOTHER Advantage of internet TV sERIES would be no commercials. Also even if their were commercials it would be the ones in the comic and could be interactive.

Please, don't remind me of that mosquito advert that makes a loud buzz until I click on it. That one sends me round the bend.
  • edited June 2008
    Please, don't remind me of that mosquito advert that makes a loud buzz until I click on it. That one sends me round the bend.
    The commercials could be like the sheep in the big city ones except interactive.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm really hoping for a new TV series :D Something for the older fans :)
  • edited June 2008
    The commercials could be like the sheep in the big city ones except interactive.
    That doesn't really work, because the commercials have to ACTUALLY ADVERTISE A REAL PRODUCT FOR PEOPLE TO BUY.
  • edited June 2008
    Actually an online series could still have commercials. Either right at the beginning, at the end, during "commercial breaks"/"chapter breaks" or even a little pop-up during the video itself.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008

catch the monkey win $10*

*prize paid in banana bucks
  • edited June 2008
    Actually an online series could still have commercials. Either right at the beginning, at the end, during "commercial breaks"/"chapter breaks" or even a little pop-up during the video itself.

Those annoy me on MSN videos...
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    That doesn't really work, because the commercials have to ACTUALLY ADVERTISE A REAL PRODUCT FOR PEOPLE TO BUY.

Real products have interactive commercials.
  • edited June 2008

I don't play consols, but how about a modded Wii case, featuring Sam & Max?
  • edited June 2008

If the series was hosted or outsourced, commercials would pay that off, but if an online series was hosted on Veoh or YouTube, it wouldn't be necessary, but Telltale commercials would be understandable & animated commercials (provided they aren't about cereal) are welcomed.
  • edited June 2008
    I don't know we already have an episodic series of it and a machima series of it. Don't you think a tv series would reduce the artist freedom because of time limit of each episode why not an internet series.Who doesn't want to email Sam.

An internet series would indeed be better; no corporate sponcers, no censors, to time restrictions, no scheduled time slot, no 5 minutes of commercials before, between, & after...
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Wouldn't email create a bland in Sam's character, though?

Sam reads, Max makes smarmy comments, cut to an off-scene moment of action & dialoge, something blows up, & Sam wraps it up pretending we all learned something important...that totally doesn't sound anything like SBemail..... It's been done, but it would be ammusing.
  • edited June 2008
    The problem with tv series is that the company gets the license of the show. I mean look at Tom and Jerry they are going to make for the first time ever a tom and jerry animation in the form of film without the creators since they died instead of retiring the series like peanuts when charles schulz died. Nut cracker was a decent ending to tom and jerry because it was the first film to use the original tom and jerry formula.Now why make another?You can never be better than the creator.
  • edited June 2008
    Advantage of Internet Series:
    No corporate pressure.
    No time restrictions.
    Feedback.
    Interactive commercials instead of boring video commercials.
    Funner way to watch.
    You could maybe interact with the tv show.
  • edited June 2008
    Feedback.

Not really an advantage, going off 99.99999% of Youtube comments.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Posts on this page:
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    TomSuperman
    TomSuperman

you guys know you can condense things into one post, right? Instead of posting 2-4 times in a row...
  • edited June 2008
    The problem with tv series is that the company gets the license of the show. I mean look at Tom and Jerry they are going to make for the first time ever a tom and jerry animation in the form of film without the creators since they died instead of retiring the series like peanuts when charles schulz died. Nut cracker was a decent ending to tom and jerry because it was the first film to use the original tom and jerry formula.Now why make another?You can never be better than the creator.
    I beg to differ. You can take somebody else's work and do better than them. I can't think of any examples right now, but someone else probably can. The point here is that the creator of something being dead/leaving/just not doing it anymore doesn't mean that the property just needs to die.
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Posts on this page:
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    LikaLaruku
    TomSuperman
    TomSuperman

you guys know you can condense things into one post, right? Instead of posting 2-4 times in a row...

There is also a very handy 'Multi-quote' button on the bottom right of posts.
  • edited June 2008
    yeah, that thing is a pretty neat feature on this board, one i miss on most others..but it took me some time to notice it.
    You can never be better than the creator.
    ohh, you can't? i believe there are a few comic- or cartoon-characters that got better after they were taken over by another writer/artist/whoever.
    just take sam&max for instance...personally, i think steve purcell is doing so much better than his brother.
  • edited June 2008
    Star Wars would be much better without George Lucas too. (And Indiana Jones) :o)
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I beg to differ. You can take somebody else's work and do better than them. I can't think of any examples right now, but someone else probably can. The point here is that the creator of something being dead/leaving/just not doing it anymore doesn't mean that the property just needs to die.
    But you should do it with permission and I don' think they gave permission to warner bros to make more cartoons after they died and it ruins the canon.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh no! Tom & Jerry canon is ruined!
  • edited June 2008
    it's that bad word again. why is everybody so ocd'd about canon crap these days? especially with cartoons and similar media...most of these aren't even made to have a proper continuity, so why bother?

back when i was young it was like this:
    do you like the new episodes of xy?
    no...
    okay.

now every small detail is overanalyzed by some dude on the internets...are there some people left that "enjoy" cartoons...because they're funny?

p.s.: i didn't even know tom and jerry had something like canon? but that may be, because of the way it aired over here and how is was censored..
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    it's that bad word again. why is everybody so ocd'd about canon crap these days? especially with cartoons and similar media...most of these aren't even made to have a proper continuity, so why bother?

back when i was young it was like this:
    do you like the new episodes of xy?
    no...
    okay.

now every small detail is overanalyzed by some dude on the internets...are there some people left that "enjoy" cartoons...because they're funny?

p.s.: i didn't even know tom and jerry had something like canon? but that may be, because of the way it aired over here and how is was censored..

People are over obsessive and have too much time.
  • edited June 2008
    And need sunlight.
  • edited June 2008
  • edited June 2008
    But you should do it with permission and I don' think they gave permission to warner bros to make more cartoons after they died and it ruins the canon.
    They're dead so they can't give permission so it's a moot point.
  • edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    If the series was hosted or outsourced, commercials would pay that off, but if an online series was hosted on Veoh or YouTube, it wouldn't be necessary, but Telltale commercials would be understandable & animated commercials (provided they aren't about cereal) are welcomed.

You do realize that even youtube is starting to force in ads on some videoes right?
  • edited June 2008
    A new series of Sam & Max would just be the best. No matter if it was 3D ore 2D.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.