The wolf among us vs the walking dead

edited December 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

In your suggestions which one is the best

Comments

• edited December 2013

TWD is simply better because it have at least one complete season :D ...honestly TWOU is "best" game for me. But TWD is different genre so i think you cant compare them much

• edited December 2013

liked TWD more , being on a constant danger is more thrilling than being a guy that every body is afraid of

• Tricky to compare considering we only have one EP of TWAU.

I like them both, but admit I find the first EP of TWAU better written, the dialogues never seem out of place as well as characters expressions never seem off. I also prefer the comic cel shade, the art style is really well done. Beyond that, it is a matter of taste.

• Dang that's hard to choose, It's a close tie for me. But I think TWAU wins with it's awesome dialouge. So I would give that game like a 9/10 and TWD a 8.5/10 so as you can see it's a very close tie for me.

• Wolf for me.
    I'm so over the whole zombie thing. And I know the whole zombiepocalypse isn't actually so much the focus as just the backdrop of TWD,
    but I'm still so completely jaded of it that I won't even bother getting Season 2.
    Which of course makes me even more sad that I have to wait even longer for episode 2 of TWAU....

• I love TWD but if TWAU carries on the way it is going I think it will turn out better. I can't wait for episode 2!

• I will answer this question when all 5 episodes of The Wolf Among Us are released

• Agreed. However if we are conpairing TWD2 to TWAU with both episodes released then wolf wins

gupy01 posted: »

I will answer this question when all 5 episodes of The Wolf Among Us are released

• gupy01gupy01 Banned
    edited December 2013

The first episode of TWD S2 was a little less story heavy because Clem was alone through most of the episode, but I don't think it was weaker, at all. I think it was a nice reset to set up the comming episodes. I think it was ment to show that Clem now has the capabilities to survive, even on her own, due to the fact she learned through experience and the teachings of Lee.

And i can't say which game is better until The Wolf Among Us has at least 1 season released.

Lord_zasca posted: »

Agreed. However if we are conpairing TWD2 to TWAU with both episodes released then wolf wins

• You can't really compare the two games, sure both have the same gameplay but both have different story. I like both so far :)

• Actually you can, compare the story developement, rythm, dialogue writing, character design, graphics etc... As much as like I TWD, I have to admit the quality of the first TWAU ep is top notch. Better then both TWD first EPs of both seasons I dare say.

Kenneloth posted: »

You can't really compare the two games, sure both have the same gameplay but both have different story. I like both so far

• I won't be able to judge until all parts of TWAU are out.

Which sounds like a looooooong time.

• I agree on the first episode thing. We will yet see if Telltale can maintain the fantastic standard of TWD's episodes 2 and 3.

Anodin posted: »

Actually you can, compare the story developement, rythm, dialogue writing, character design, graphics etc... As much as like I TWD, I have to

• For me the TWAU s1 ep1 wins compared to the TWD s2 ep1

• For me too, by far.

staticfl posted: »

For me the TWAU s1 ep1 wins compared to the TWD s2 ep1

• For me I liked season 1 ep 1 and season 2 ep 1 more than twau. Obviously this is all opinion based I like both but I'm not into fables the same way.

• So far, TWD for sure. But then again, we've had a long time to get attached to Clementine, Lee, etc. in the series. This was only the first episode, and the first episode of TWD season 1 wasn't all that perfect either. It's kinda too early to say which one is better yet. Give it another two episodes or so.

• It isn't fair to compare TWAU and TWD Season 1, since the former is currently one episode and the latter five. Comparing TWAU Episode 1 to TWD Season 2 Episode 1, however, its not a contest; TWAU is the stronger single installment. I had never heard of Fables prior to this game, but now the world is very interesting to me.

• When comparing it to S1 or S2 of WD? When comparing it to S1, WD obviously wins. When comparing it to S2 E1 of WD, TWAU E1 wins. By far. But I'll wait until the whole seasons are out before making a more detailed opinon.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think its hard to make a fair comparison as they both have a different feel to them, The Wolf Among Us is more of a detective noir game with fairy tail characters where as The Walking Dead is post apocalyptic with zombies. I love both games but i prefer The Walking Dead.

• Ehhh, I respectfully disagree I enjoyed season 2 episode 1 far more than season 1 episode 1.

Zeruis posted: »

When comparing it to S1 or S2 of WD? When comparing it to S1, WD obviously wins. When comparing it to S2 E1 of WD, TWAU E1 wins. By far. But I'll wait until the whole seasons are out before making a more detailed opinon.

• Love them both, but I prefer TWAU. It's easier for me to get into the characters and I like urban/contemporary fantasy and mysteries more than zombie stories. I also read both comic series, and I've always liked the Fables universe more. I've kept up with the Fables series and its spin-offs, but to be honesdt I put TWD down after a while.

• So far the art style of TWAU is winning me over. You can definitely tell they learned a lot about user interface and story/ dialogue flow from the first season of TWD and I think they will do a far better job on season two. So far TWAU is better than TWD season 1 but i haven't played season 2 ep 1 yet so between TWAU and that i have made no opinion

• TWAU so far is purely investigative, and it has nowhere near the emotional power that TWD 1&2 have. They present you in situations of very real danger and makes you want to laugh and cry so much that it plays with your emotions. in fairness, only played one episode of TWAU so hurry up TellTale!

• I'd say TWD is better only because it has more episodes out. But comparing the first episode of Wolf with the first episode of TWD S2 I personally think Wolf had a stronger start.

• I was really suprised with the first episode of the wolf among us. But the feeling is completely different from each other.

• TWAU just popped up suddenly, and now they're making shitty other ones like Game of Thornes and Bolderlands. TWD wins hands down.

• Both don't ask me why.

• edited December 2013

Hard to tell when there's only been one episode of TWAU. First episode was very impressive though. I had never even heard of the fables universe before playing it and it pulled me right in.

• I'm going solely on season 1 episode 1 of both games. And in that regard, the wolf among us is better in every way. It's longer (or at least it feels longer), it's better written, and the animation isn't crap like it was in the first episode.

• Is that also saying TWAU is shitty? The writing in TWAU is better then TWD S2E1, Omids death was written very horribly for one example.

TWAU just popped up suddenly, and now they're making shitty other ones like Game of Thornes and Bolderlands. TWD wins hands down.

• edited December 2013

im not so sure. Wolf definitely had a connection with Snow and seeing her head sitting on the steps at the end of the episode seemed to hold a lot of emotional power for me anyway. but i see your point. Still the first episode of TWD didn't have enormous emotional power. We hadn't gotten attached to any of the characters that died but i suppose it was still heavier than the first of TWAU.

Megaman27 posted: »

TWAU so far is purely investigative, and it has nowhere near the emotional power that TWD 1&2 have. They present you in situations of very

• Agreed.

It also has REALLY good QTEs and some shocking twists.

Harpadarpa posted: »

I'm going solely on season 1 episode 1 of both games. And in that regard, the wolf among us is better in every way. It's longer (or at least it feels longer), it's better written, and the animation isn't crap like it was in the first episode.

• Oh. Right. My favorite. Quick time events.

Alt text, motherfucker

I mean, sometimes they add, but honestly, the fighting was only good because of the spectacle of what was going on.

Retneug posted: »

Agreed. It also has REALLY good QTEs and some shocking twists.

• Hey, I'm not saying I particularly like them either.

But I'd take TWAU's fast-paced style over TWD S1's slow-and-clunky QTEs any day. Even TWD S2's QTEs don't compare to TWAU's in my opinion. Even if it's an innately lame gameplay facet, I'd rather have it get my adrenaline pumping than having it just... Lie there, so to speak.

Harpadarpa posted: »

Oh. Right. My favorite. Quick time events. I mean, sometimes they add, but honestly, the fighting was only good because of the spectacle of what was going on.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale learnt a lot from Walking Dead season 1 regarding QTEs and how people use them to improve them and implemented them into TWAU, If it was the other way around i think The Walking Dead s1 would have a better QTE system. Also Season 2 of The Walking Dead has 4 more episodes yet so there might be more adrenaline moments later on in the season.

Retneug posted: »

Hey, I'm not saying I particularly like them either. But I'd take TWAU's fast-paced style over TWD S1's slow-and-clunky QTEs any day. Even

• problem is now because of the HUGE wait for the next episode I don't care as much about TWAU, hoping the next episode is very good to justify the wait

• The Wolf Among Us is written much better IMHO...

... however, I'd still bet on TWD, as my adventure TWAU [i]used to[/i] be emotional. Long time ago, before the loooooong wait.

• Nah Omid's death wasnt badly written, it was realistic...

Robertrj7 posted: »

Is that also saying TWAU is shitty? The writing in TWAU is better then TWD S2E1, Omids death was written very horribly for one example.

• TWD S1 E1 > TWAU S1 E1

TWD S2 E1 < TWAU S1 E1

Sign in to comment in this discussion.