The wolf among us vs the walking dead

Comments

• edited December 2013

true , I also don't get why TWD S2 E1 is so short , on season 1 the first episode is like 2/2.5 hours

TWD S1 E1 > TWAU S1 E1 TWD S2 E1 < TWAU S1 E1

• I like twau but i think that the choises in TWD is making much bigger diffrent than twau but i think TWD is the best game eveee

• edited December 2013

why not both?

• ConkerConker Banned
    edited December 2013

Both seaons of TWD are 100% better

• You just can't compare two great titles. Every game Telltale makes is awesome.

• Wolf among us is way better IMO. But I love both. I bought walking dead for everything except mobile phones, will do the same for wolf among us.

• I think the Wolf among us has a better story and the characters feel much better.

• TWD better story, but TWAU is funner to play.

• Maybe TWD was better when Lee and Carley were alive. TWAU is just so surreal, and is more interesting.

• holy shit that's the same rating I gave both those games!

Dang that's hard to choose, It's a close tie for me. But I think TWAU wins with it's awesome dialouge. So I would give that game like a 9/10 and TWD a 8.5/10 so as you can see it's a very close tie for me.

• Comparing TWD's first 3 eps to wolfie's 3 eps.
    TWD have better dialogs, especially for my playthrough, silence...
    :)

• both are amazing games i can't wich is better although in twau you have alot more fighting scenes and action
  • Stop with this shit! There is no such thing as the better one, people have different opinions.
  • edited May 2014
    very true which is y i cnt wait for their game of thrones project (sorry i know thts irrelevant) ;P
    Charlieh65 posted: »

You just can't compare two great titles. Every game Telltale makes is awesome.

• edited May 2014
    For me it would definitely be TWAU. I just think the story is going a bit more smoothly than TWD as a whole. As the episodes progress I find them to be less predictable than what's going on in TWD, and the antagonist are more intimidating. I take them more seriously; Bloody Mary wins over Carver any day. I thought his introduction to TWD was a waste. He could have been more then TT made him out to be. Oh and the ability to punch almost anyone you speak to is also a huge plus for TWAU :)
  • I don't know, I like the neo noir detective story with talking animals. Can't say that's not unique lol

TWD better story, but TWAU is funner to play.

• I read every page here and this thread turned out exactly as I predicted..

I like both games equally, while more hyped for TWAU.
  • I cant get interested in the characters for twau for some reason.. so for me its twd.
  • But i will say ep 1 of twau was AMAZZING but ive found the other two were more... meh.
    Carley123 posted: »

I cant get interested in the characters for twau for some reason.. so for me its twd.

• TWAU. It has a better story, and spends a lot more time exploring the characters. Also it manages to make choices feel like they are having more of an impact. I feel like my Bigby is playing a bit differently from other Bigby's with some different events occurring.

TWD - especially first season - kept feeling like it wasn't really tailoring itself to my choices but rather kept hammering my choices back onto a singular path. Season two has been better in some respects but the story isn't grabbing me quite as much as TWAU which has a great central mystery, interesting characters that are developing complex relationships.

It is possible that I may change my mind by the end of this first season. But for the moment, TWAU feels more polished and interesting. TWD season 2 feels a bit like a bunch of ideas but the story isn't particularly coherent at the moment.
  • the walking dead is better for me.
  • The first season of TWD is always on top for me. But in all honesty, I actually like TWAU better than TWD Season 2. I don't know why, but TWAU has that special spark to it that Season 2 doesn't necessarily have.
  • Season 1 episode 1 wasn't that great to be honest. I can't really put my finger on it unfortunately, but season 2 has a better beginning.
    Zeruis posted: »

When comparing it to S1 or S2 of WD? When comparing it to S1, WD obviously wins. When comparing it to S2 E1 of WD, TWAU E1 wins. By far. But I'll wait until the whole seasons are out before making a more detailed opinon.

• both are great games no doubt about it but wolf among us is better
  • I think twau is better
  • I'm not sure. I feel like I'm leaning towards TWD.

However, both series would've been so much better had they not been developed alongside each other.
  • You don't know that.
    JakeSt123 posted: »

I'm not sure. I feel like I'm leaning towards TWD. However, both series would've been so much better had they not been developed alongside each other.

• TWD wins but thats because I like the story more. :)

• This thread is over 1 year old, bumping it is a bad idea.

Kenneloth posted: »

TWD wins but thats because I like the story more.

• I don't believe necroposting is against the rules here - how is it a bad idea?

Ethan_Neck posted: »

This thread is over 1 year old, bumping it is a bad idea.

• Hate just comes if you bump something. I saw a guy bumping something, and got so much hate that he left this forum.
    Dont excatly remember his name, its a long time ago.

I don't believe necroposting is against the rules here - how is it a bad idea?

• It is actually against the rules, just not stated in the official rules I don't think for some reason.

• Love to see the maturity of some people. Well, good job for trying to help.

Ethan_Neck posted: »

Hate just comes if you bump something. I saw a guy bumping something, and got so much hate that he left this forum. Dont excatly remember his name, its a long time ago.

• Gotta love unwritten rules. Well, you can't be punished for something that isn't either common sense or written down for reference. I think bumping an old thread is better for saying something than making a completely new thread on the same concept.

Green613 posted: »

It is actually against the rules, just not stated in the official rules I don't think for some reason.

• one complete season

What does that mean

RCS339 posted: »

TWD is simply better because it have at least one complete season ...honestly TWOU is "best" game for me. But TWD is different genre so i think you cant compare them much

• When the user made this comment, there was only 1 or 2 episodes of TWAU out. I was confused too lol

Clemenem posted: »

one complete season What does that mean

• For me its TWAU, better story imo

• edited July 2015

I'd say it depends on the topic and such. Bumping something about a topic that is old and has been discussed to death, particularly if it causes arguments, is stupid as an example and it seriously makes me question why they're bumping it. Or, for instance, posting in a year old thread and 'correcting' things/theories said before a season's over. It just makes the person not look very smart and makes the original poster, alongside others, question why something was bumped/answered. It's like, 'you attempting to be a smartie pants by correcting something I said before the season was complete?' (I know I'd be irritated anyway if I speculated at the start of a season and someone came along a year later when it's all over and corrected me.)

All of these things I've seen anyhow.

Regarding this thread, I don't suppose it's a very bad idea to bump, depending on whether it causes arguments or not seeing as it's a 'vs' topic. I like both equally. They're both different.

Anyhow, I see Green's said it is definitely against the rules, which is common on forums. So, I won't post again here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.