Sam & Max Season 1 On Wii

edited September 2008 in Sam & Max
Okay, who's exicited about this? I am!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Sam & Max are coming to the Wii???
  • edited July 2008
    I first found out about this from an ad in Nintendo Power magazine. It looks cool, but I don't have a Wii, so I'm not too excited about it.
  • edited July 2008
    Official Nintendo site advertising Season One...

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/sam__max_season_one_9062.html

:D
  • edited July 2008
    i want it for my DS! :)
  • edited July 2008
    I want a Dreamcast version! :)
  • edited July 2008
    I want a Dreamcast version! :)

who has a dreamcast? :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    xuzi56 wrote: »
    who has a dreamcast? :rolleyes:
    All the people that have the greatest video game console ever made, that's who! ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I have a Dreamcast sitting on a shelf dying from dust inhalation as it waits for the Samba de Amigo maraca controllers I'll never buy. :(
  • edited July 2008
    isn't dreamcast retired?
  • edited July 2008
    I'm especially excited since I couldn't get episodes 4-6 working in WINE so I've pre-ordered it on Wii as soon as I saw it for pre-order! Can't wait!
  • edited July 2008
    IT'S STILL ALIVE! ;_;

Jake, seriously, what do you DO with all that money I send you? Cover production costs? Pay people? Invest in the next game? Isn't there some room in there for some....*checks ebay for what he is sure is a small sum, to which he shall link and force your non-maraca-owning hand*

HOLY CRAP.
  • edited July 2008
    [truth]The Dreamcast was only good for the Sonic Adventures[/truth]
  • edited July 2008
    T-man wrote: »
    [truth]The Dreamcast was only good for the Sonic Adventures[/truth]

+++
    Note: I say this in a good way. The Sonic games are what made me love the Dreamcast.
  • edited July 2008
    I have to disagree.

Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Legacy of Kain, Skies of Arcadia, Samba de Amigo, Virtua Tennis, Mr. Driller, Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmue, Fur Fighters, Seaman, Jet Grind Radio, Space Channel 5......

And yes, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. =p
  • edited July 2008
    I have to disagree.

Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Legacy of Kain, Skies of Arcadia, Samba de Amigo, Virtua Tennis, Mr. Driller, Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmue, Fur Fighters, Seaman, Jet Grind Radio, Space Channel 5......

And yes, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. =p

Don't forget Virtual On, F355 Challenge, Headhunter, Daytona USA 2001, Rez, Sakura Taisen 1-4, Ikaruga, Maken X, MDK2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Test Drive Le Mans, Power Stone, Shenmue 2, Bass Fishing, etc, etc, etc. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Will there be any differences in the Wii versions, other than the controls?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    The controls and general on screen interface have had some small tweaks, but those are the only big changes. There were of course some textures which were lowered in resolution to accomodate the Wii (generally not such a big loss since the Wii can only run at 720x480 pixels anyway, which is lower than Sam & Max PC's lowest resolution of 800x600 -- it's frequently hard to tell the difference between the Wii version and watching the commentary track cutscene reels from the Season One DVD), and the Wii version supports widescreen, which looks very nice on a widescreen TV!

The core puzzles and gameplay and presentation of the games themselves are unchanged, though.
  • edited July 2008
    All the people that have the greatest video game console ever made, that's who! ;)
    nice
  • edited July 2008
    Sounds great! I already own Season One on PC but I will buy it again for Wii if it will help your team make the decision to put Season Two on the Wii, too.
  • edited July 2008
    jabbrwokk wrote: »
    Sounds great! I already own Season One on PC but I will buy it again for Wii if it will help your team make the decision to put Season Two on the Wii, too.

I'm pretty sure they're already going to. How can they not!
    Hopefully it won't be much longer after Season One.... maybe before christmas if I'm lucky :p
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah I'm just worried that if it's not a success on the Wii, they might not think it's worth it to port it and pay Nintendo their cut, when it's easier and cheaper to put it out on PC and have people download it.
    The Wii is perfect for adventure games. It's fun, point-and-click from your couch. I love Zack and Wiki and I hope to see more games like that. Almost any adventure game would work on the Wii.
  • edited July 2008
    Am I right in thinking it's out on August 29th in Europe?
  • edited July 2008
    Do you think Telltale will sell the Wii game from their shop? The only place I can find it right now is amazon.
  • edited July 2008
    Do you think Telltale will sell the Wii game from their shop? The only place I can find it right now is amazon.

im pretty sure they will (emily said so)
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I have a Dreamcast sitting on a shelf dying from dust inhalation as it waits for the Samba de Amigo maraca controllers I'll never buy. :(
    i_have_a_dreamcast.jpg
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    jabbrwokk wrote: »

Hi,

K, don't be mad but that is stupid:mad:... and at the same time it's smart too.:D

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    I'm definatly buying the games again on Wii. It's going to be a whole new gaming expirience. Maybe even a better one.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah i alread got season 1 and 2 and i got the retail version of season one and i have telltales version of season 1 also so im going to get it for the wii also. i just wish there was away i could get a the s&m hit the road game again like maybe a unlockable in a game disc from telltale hint hint telltale.
  • edited August 2008
    In the UK official nintendo magazine it got 85%. Pretty good, but I won't be getting it.
  • Yellowtail wrote: »
    In the UK official nintendo magazine it got 85%. Pretty good, but I won't be getting it.
    Aw. Oh well, I guess Sam and Max doesn't appeal to Brits, as much as it does to Americans. No prob.
  • edited August 2008
    Aw. Oh well, I guess Sam and Max doesn't appeal to Brits, as much as it does to Americans. No prob.

I'm British and I love Sam & Max. :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008

Why do you say this? 85% is a very respectable score...
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Why do you say this? 85% is a very respectable score...
    No it isn't! That's what they said about 8.9, but we all know that's bullcrap! You've been robbed, dammit! Robbed!
    EDIT: Oh, wait. It was 8.8. Don't know why I keep making that mistake.
  • edited August 2008
    20080613.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    I remember that comic, it can be applied to almost any game.

85% is a good score considering the first episode of the game is almost 2 years old already!
  • edited August 2008

50% is average. So it should stand to reason anything above 50% would mean good.
    I don't think journalists handing out 90% and 100% scores to every other big budget game that comes out really helps though.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »

Damn - you beat me to it. :)
    Badwolf wrote: »
    50% is average. So it should stand to reason anything above 50% would mean good.
    I don't think journalists handing out 90% and 100% scores to every other big budget game that comes out really helps though.

This.
  • Game Trailer's gave it a 9.3?! *starts cursing wildly*

Hopefully the Reviewer which gave the game this rating will shut down the "Bad Vibes" from this review, *Silent nod*, and embrace the brotherhood of the season!

Either that, or we turn him into Jello.

/end of episode 201 refrences.
  • edited August 2008
    That's not a bad score at all, besides it all the reviewer's personal taste anyway. I mean, I'm sure everyone out there loves at least one game that got a poor score and probably even hates a game or two that got a great one. I know I have.
  • edited August 2008
    20080613-panel1-1.png

Boredom is one hell of a motivator.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.