Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Nice font match!
  • dg10050 wrote: »
    20080613-panel1-1.png

Boredom is one hell of a motivator.
    Lol, nice! ^_^

Anyways, could anybody tell us if the game comes out close to SBCG4AP's release? Or a week or two after SBCG4AP?
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Nice font match!

Font? What's a font?

(Note: I couldn't actually find the correct font, and I didn't want to pay for it, so I had to mix and match letters from the rest of the comic. Unfortunately, I ran into some trouble with the "x" in "Max" since there's no x in the rest of the comic, so I had to create that by cutting up a "w" and rearranging the lines a bit. It turned out alright, I guess.:rolleyes:)
  • Well, sonce it's afetr SBCG4AP, is Sam and Max Wii still coming out in August, or must I wait another grueling month?

Another question... will it be priced at $50, or the Third-Party price of $40 dollars?
  • edited August 2008
    Well, sonce it's afetr SBCG4AP, is Sam and Max Wii still coming out in August, or must I wait another grueling month?

Another question... will it be priced at $50, or the Third-Party price of $40 dollars?

What about $40? That'd be insane. The price, at least listed by Amazon, is $30.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Don't have a release date yet. When we do, we'll announce it.
  • edited August 2008
    What about $40? That'd be insane. The price, at least listed by Amazon, is $30.

And the new still unconfirmed date is 9/9. The day before my birthday :)
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Will you make a season 2 on Wii shortly after?
  • edited August 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    Will you make a season 2 on Wii shortly after?

My personal guess, that doesn't mean anything, would be "if Season 1 is profitable, then still not quite "shortly" after. But sooner after than it took for Season 1 to come out."
  • What about $40? That'd be insane. The price, at least listed by Amazon, is $30.
    Sorry, I mixed it up with Third-Party PS3 games. Most third-party Games on Wii are $30, like you said.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Nintendo has a release date of 29th August for Europe.
  • Nintendo has a release date of 29th August for Europe.
    Dang. The USA one has just about nothing. (damn, closed the window before I got a link)
  • edited August 2008
    Sorry, I mixed it up with Third-Party PS3 games. Most third-party Games on Wii are $30, like you said.
    Actually, most games are at $50. The main exceptions are 'bargain' titles (shovelware, Zach & Wiki), some ports (Okami), and games that come with peripherals (Wii Fit).
    I think the assumption is that Sam & Max will be cheaper because it's already available on PC.
  • TrogLlama wrote: »
    Actually, most games are at $50. The main exceptions are 'bargain' titles (shovelware, Zach & Wiki), some ports (Okami), and games that come with peripherals (Wii Fit).
    I think the assumption is that Sam & Max will be cheaper because it's already available on PC.
    Well, okay then.... but still, what's the price? $30 dollars or $40?
  • MelMel
    edited August 2008
    The one thing that it takes some newer forumites a while to learn (that old-timers have) is that asking all of these questions doesn't get you anywhere.

If they're not directly answering them, they aren't ready to disclose the information. When they know, they let everyone know (in a very big way). Telltale is not shy with publicizing and marketing.

It's still kind of funny to see -

Are we there yet?

No.

Now?

No
    How 'bout now?
  • edited August 2008
    If we pay more wii there be a Sam & Max bonus disk for Wii?
  • edited August 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    If we pay more wii there be a Sam & Max bonus disk for Wii?

This isn't being released via the Wii Shop, it is an actual game that you can buy in stores. So no, I you won't be getting a 'bonus disk'. :)
  • edited August 2008
    But what if you bought the wii game from telltale's shop? would you then possibly get the option to get the disc?
  • edited August 2008
    If you buy Sam and Max Wii from Telltale (assuming they are going to be selling it directly) then I assume they'll ship you the disc. There isn't a downloadable Wii version of Sam and Max.
  • edited August 2008
    T-man wrote: »
    [truth]The Dreamcast was only good for the Sonic Adventures[/truth]

Sorry I'm late, but ---. Sonic Adventure had nothing on most of the other first party Dreamcast titles.
  • edited August 2008
    Game Informer has a review and "second opinion" mini-review of the game, both scored 7 out of 10. Somehow, both reviewers felt that the game was almost painfully unfunny, and that the adventure genre still has a long way to go before any sort of revival. Well, I don't know what world they're living in, but almost every other publication disagrees with them.

This doesn't exactly help my feeling that the magazine is a bit biased against Wii games, though... along with the fact that almost every preview of a Wii game in the magazine boils down to "it's gonna suck" whereas the other previews are all "We don't know if it'll be good or not, but it seems like it could be!"
  • edited August 2008
    Wasn't Game Informer the magazine that gave Elite Beat Agents a 6.5?
    I've been convinced of their anti-Nintendo bias for quite some time now, to be honest.
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah. Even though most people are fairly optimistic (if cautious) about Wii Sports Resort and the Wii MotionPlus, GI's preview of it starts with extreme sarcasm about the fact that you have to buy this after you "finally managed to buy enough remotes to get your whole family playing along to Wii Sports", and ends by saying that "Along with the other unannounced minigames, it'll be enough to keep you busy for literally dozens of minutes when it releases next spring." What's that all about? Do they know something we don't about these unannounced minigames?

Meanwhile, the preview of Xbox 360's lame-looking webcam game "You're In The Movies" is completely neutral, even though it looks just as un-game-like as any given Wii offering.
  • edited August 2008
    Game Informer has a review and "second opinion" mini-review of the game, both scored 7 out of 10. Somehow, both reviewers felt that the game was almost painfully unfunny, and that the adventure genre still has a long way to go before any sort of revival. Well, I don't know what world they're living in, but almost every other publication disagrees with them.

ok first look at the pc version these guys are a bit off with the humor but come on when u cant use items in your inventory with one another and it is so linear just like some adventure games. i will say quite a few kings quest games were hardly linear. but season one compared with season 2 these guys are spot on when it rates the wii version the wii can do way better than this.
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, who's exicited about this? I am!

When I heard about this, I stopped myself from downloading "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" (Which was hard after beating Ice Station Santa.) I don't want to spoil "Wiison" One for myself!
    Quuux wrote: »
    i_have_a_dreamcast.jpg

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. Hands down.
    Well, sonce it's afetr SBCG4AP, is Sam and Max Wii still coming out in August, or must I wait another grueling month?

Oh, my God, It better come out this month or [bad grammar rant] SO HELP ME MY HEAD ASPLODE!!! [/bad grammar rant]

About the price, I personally don't care. I'm just glad Telltale finally came to their senses.

Thank you, Telltale, for finally coming to your senses.

-iRock
  • edited August 2008
    all the games run verry smooth and i wish to reply to one member if the pc u have is that old u could upgrade ram easily n if u must a pci video card and posibly look to see what the max proccesor is n buy it used;)
  • edited August 2008
    sound cards also can boost games by 15 percent and all cards processors n pc hardware is easy to install. accept procesors my only work better if the operating system is reinstalled and harddrive formated:D
  • edited August 2008
    oh god my eyes have you ever heard of punctuation or how about capitol letters no then maybe you should have been paying attention back in first grade
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Wasn't Game Informer the magazine that gave Elite Beat Agents a 6.5?
    I've been convinced of their anti-Nintendo bias for quite some time now, to be honest.

They also gave Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess a 10 out of 10. They hate Nintendo with a blistering passion I see.
  • edited August 2008
    Question about the game selection menu - will it have new music?
  • edited August 2008
    or how about capitol letters

Is that where government word choices are made?
  • edited August 2008
    how about not getting a's and o's mixed up no well maybe i should have been paying attention back in fifth grade
  • edited August 2008
    Four days before the release date and it's still not in GameStop's online inventory. :mad:

There is a place I can be guaranteed to find it on the 26th, right?
  • edited August 2008
    Wait it's coming out the 26th? I thought it was sometime in September.
  • edited August 2008
    They didn't announce the release date yet.
  • edited August 2008
    Bobeo wrote: »
    They also gave Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess a 10 out of 10. They hate Nintendo with a blistering passion I see.

Those were the nNntendo games almost everyone game perfect scores.
  • edited August 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Those were the nNntendo games almost everyone game perfect scores.
    8.8, dude. 8.8.
  • edited August 2008
    Will there be a new design for the cursor?
  • edited August 2008
    8.8, dude. 8.8.

Well that's just how Gamespot rates their games. I don't like gamespot, but I have a lot of respect for some gaming magazines, especially Game Informer.
  • edited August 2008
    OK guys, I need motivation. I am poor and can only buy season one for PC OR season one for Wii. I've played most of the games at my mate's house and I got my free copy of episode 201 which I've played to death. Now I want my own copy and I don't know which to get. Are there any merits for buying one over the other? Pweese halp!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.