O_O! Season 2 goodies galore!

edited October 2008 in Sam & Max
Wow, sometimes staying up until the ungodliest of hours(3 AM) isn't such a bad thing.

A Season two DVD, case file, and soundtrack! And yet another tempting poster print of the artwork...wow, if only I had the SPACE for such a thing.

I must say...wow. The packaging of the Season 2 DVD COMPLETELY outdoes the cover for the season 1 DVD, which is a VERY strong compliment from a guy that thought the Season 1 box art was amazing. And the Season 2 case file...I *must* know what's inside! The "original LP recording of the Friendly Demon Song"....that can't be an *actual* record, can it? It must be some sort of not-record...thing....

...I can't *begin* to express how excited I am. I'm going to be staring at that tiny case file picture until either we are told what's inside, or I get mine.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Wow, that was unexpected! I thought the site was down for the last hour for another reason. . .

Super excited to see the DVD though. Already placed my order. Gonna order the casefile seperate this time so it won't hold up my order.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Gonna order the casefile seperate this time so it won't hold up my order.

You are a wise man. We tried really hard to prevent that from happening this year, but for whatever reason, case files are cursed, and our attempts to get all of the pieces finished well ahead of time were thwarted. We're almost there, but the hand assembly can be unpredictable...
  • edited July 2008
    I can't seem to add the Season Two disc to my cart.

Edit: Nvm, I got it
  • edited July 2008
    *faints*
  • edited July 2008
    I've been spending plenty on shipping from Telltale, I'm not paying an extra 7-8 bucks for the convenience of getting my DVD early.

But seriously, WHAT is that "Original LP recording"?!
  • edited July 2008
    whats in the casefile
  • edited July 2008
    Any chance for a "Sam & Max Season Two Goodies" package with a signed poster print?
  • edited July 2008
    I opted out of the print even though it would have been only $5 more. Gotta saaaave!
  • edited July 2008
    Let's see. I need the case file, and I don't have either CD set....

Hm, if I get the Season 2 goodies and the Season 1 CD, then that'll be 50 bucks. If I get the CD bundle(both season CDs) and the case file, that's 36 bucks....and then if I add the print it's 50 bucks.

....Yeah, I think I've figured out how I'm gonna make this one work.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    You are a wise man. We tried really hard to prevent that from happening this year, but for whatever reason, case files are cursed, and our attempts to get all of the pieces finished well ahead of time were thwarted. We're almost there, but the hand assembly can be unpredictable...

I'm pretty sure that "reason" is those slacker designers.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    For the curious, here's a preview of a few of the items in the case file, designed by Gary and me (and based on original game art by our excellent art dept, of course):

snmseason2casefile.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    Wooooooo! Enjoy my money, Telltale.
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Any chance for a "Sam & Max Season Two Goodies" package with a signed poster print?

I agree with this. Us signed poster people would quite fancy a discount too... ;)
  • edited July 2008
    i hate you telltale...well, actually my credit card hates you, i think you're pretty cool.
    the goodies this season look pretty neat. guess what, after i stuffed everything in my cart, i found the goodie-bundle. silly me.
    i ordered everything in one shipment though and i probably won't pester emily later to spilt it. i promise.
    *faints*
    *waves some fresh air*
    is there even fresh air on the internet?
    *waves some air*
    Gary wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that "reason" is those slacker designers.
    so, are you "only" designing the item or did you also receive the honor of stuffing everything in the envelopes, once it's done?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    There's not enough case file pieces back from manufacturing for all of us slackers to stuff. We'll see if we end up doing that ourselves or not this year. I for one would be up for another marathon "The Wizard" session, but I may be alone on that.
  • edited July 2008
    i didn't get my order number code, will it come in the morning?
  • edited July 2008
    Heeeeey, this is probably a silly question but if I were to perhaps purchase that bundle with season 2, Surfing the Highway and the Animated Series it's only one shipping cost right?

Also that Season 2 cover looks awesome, it reminds me a lot of the old Sam & Max comic covers.
  • edited July 2008
    Is that the final cover for the disc? If not, can I suggest maybe some sort of shadow or liner seperating the art and the blue on the top and bottom. Season One had the rip effect which isn't what I'm getting at here but something to border the art a bit instead of the blue just hitting the art straight on.

Or maybe once I see a larger photo it'll look better too. Not that it doesn't look good, it looks great!
  • edited July 2008
    Wow! Great work with everything! Love all the new art and the fact that you instantly made the greatest one a poster!

(kinda agree's with Xcri5X but think that it will probably look good once you're holding it yourself)
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    snmseason2casefile.jpg

The demon's mouth looks kinda like... Bubs?
  • edited July 2008
    this is true indeed...sort of.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    snmseason2casefile.jpg

A Happy Little Deamon Single? Bosco's Time Card? An advert card for a rave Jurgan is throwing?! I'm sold!
  • edited July 2008
    Jake, Emily, everyone.... you're the best! Thank you so much!
    :)

Remember when we all said we appreciated how much effort you guys put into making the season 1 case file happen? Well, we appreciate it twice as much for season two (thrice for season 3, etc. etc.).

(note to self: incessant nagging pays off)
  • edited July 2008
    But seriously, WHAT is that "Original LP recording"?!

an LP is a long play record, shouldn't it be an SP though?
  • edited July 2008
    Why isn't their anything of moai better blues?
  • edited July 2008
    as you might have noticed, the item for 205 is also missing from the picture. i assume, jake took the picture of the three goodies that were already done. if you check the store-descrition, you will see, that the item for 205 is supposed to be a soultrain token and on the picture you can spot a roundish thingy that has "tiny" written on it. so maybe it's a tiny tiki...thing...that is made of cardboard and you can put your beer on....or it's a sticker or a magnet. anyway, it's probably a tini tiki related whatever.
  • edited July 2008
    Is the poster print 20" length by 18" height or the other way around? I'm thinking about getting a custom sized frame and they might only install 1 hook. Also have you got any larger photos of it?
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    as you might have noticed, the item for 205 is also missing from the picture. i assume, jake took the picture of the three goodies that were already done. if you check the store-descrition, you will see, that the item for 205 is supposed to be a soultrain token and on the picture you can spot a roundish thingy that has "tiny" written on it. so maybe it's a tiny tiki...thing...that is made of cardboard and you can put your beer on....or it's a sticker or a magnet. anyway, it's probably a tini tiki related whatever.

Or it could be Tiny Tim's soul token.

PS. I love you, Telltale.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i didn't get my order number code, will it come in the morning?

The emails will start mailing out, but you can just look on your purchases page for your order number. The code you need to enter to get the free disc is your order number.
    Is the poster print 20" length by 18" height or the other way around? I'm thinking about getting a custom sized frame and they might only install 1 hook. Also have you got any larger photos of it?

I think 20" wide and 18" high, but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone in the office can check. I'm currently camped out in a hotel room in San Diego...
    an LP is a long play record, shouldn't it be an SP though?

Yes, you're right, I'm wrong. I think more people know the abbreviation LP than SP though.

Might add this today. I was thinking about it last night but it was very late...
  • edited July 2008
    s2_seasondisc_boxart.png

I like the artwork. It's very reminiscent of the cartoon series.
  • edited July 2008
    Yay!
    I ordered the disk and the Goodies bundle. I'm so happy that I was able to afford a poster for once! Only $4. :D
    And the case file looks awesome. Is that Friendly Demon Song disk a mini CD by any chance? That would be pretty awesome.
    Also, I'm guessing the Moai Better Blues item is a Tiny Tiki coaster. It would make sense with the Tiny Tiki bar and all.
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    Yes, you're right, I'm wrong. I think more people know the abbreviation LP than SP though.

I'll give away my age but I used to have LP (or 33-1/3 rpm) records that were small like that, but most of those that size are 45's (which is how I think of those rather than SP).

I need to wait to order. I'm moving the third week in August. I just hope the case file isn't all gone by the time I order in late August.
  • edited July 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    Also, I'm guessing the Moai Better Blues item is a Tiny Tiki coaster.
    that's what i meant...the thing made from cardboard, you can put your beer or exotic drink on.
  • edited July 2008
    I may as well e-mail my bank account number to Telltale because you guys get all of my money anyway!

I want... all of this stuff! And I still have to get the cartoon series DVD! Man!
  • edited July 2008
    All the stuff looks awesome! Can't wait to get it
  • edited July 2008
    Great! Can't wait to see that christmas special!

Now I need to decide how will I make use of that shipping price. Currently I'm torn between the animated series DVD, the soundtrack bundle and a Grickle comic book.
  • edited July 2008
    Wow! This is great. I really appreciate the new shipment changes, as well.

You guys are Awesome! :D
  • edited July 2008
    Might add this today. I was thinking about it last night but it was very late...

Ooh, yes please. This is the only thing keeping me from ordering at this exact moment.
  • edited July 2008
    /me shakes his fist at Telltale...

Bah, you win again. More of my money wings its way to you for more Sam and Max goodies. Just hope a good portion of that makes its way to Steve. :p

Oh yeah, and it would have been nice to get a bundle with a signed poster, but I decided I wanted the signed poster enough to pay the extra money. There should be a bundle though...
  • edited July 2008
    demonfoo wrote: »
    /me shakes his fist at Telltale...

Bah, you win again. More of my money wings its way to you for more Sam and Max goodies. Just hope a good portion of that makes its way to Steve. :p

Oh yeah, and it would have been nice to get a bundle with a signed poster, but I decided I wanted the signed poster enough to pay the extra money. There should be a bundle though...
    Emily wrote:

So there you go...
  • edited July 2008

I haven't paid much attention to the store, but if this is added, would I be able to cancel my current order and go for that option? I am not sure if I would want to yet, but I may be able to convince myself later today/this week.

Also, it is painful to see shipping is up $3 from last season... this will be the first time in a long time I have paid nearly $10 for shipping on anything. I think I will get over it, though, seeing as you guys are providing the DVD free... I would just rather TTG see the money than FedEx.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.