O_O! Season 2 goodies galore!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    For some orders, shipping is actually down, since USPS first class is now an option for orders under 6 ounces :)
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    So there you go...

Okay, consider that my vote for it then... :) If it does show up, can I just cancel my existing order?
  • edited July 2008
    Yep!
  • edited July 2008
    I've ordered my stuff, but if a bundle comes up I am cancelling and getting that instead.
    $8 VAT and $15.85 shipping? That's more than half the cost of my order! Not to mention the insanse customs charge on top... blah!
  • edited July 2008
    OMG! I'm ordering all the season 2 stuff!! :D Yay!
  • edited July 2008
    There shouldn't be any insane customs charges from now on, as everything leaving the warehouse will be properly marked on the form.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm just curious. Are you guys planning on doing another online site similar to the Summer of Sam & Max with some of these DVD videos or no?
  • edited July 2008
    One thing then, tabacco... how much does the DVD weigh, and then how much does the case file weigh. I ordered both together and didn't have an option for USPS... but would I have that option if I ordered each separately (which I would prefer, as to not have to wait for the case file anyway)? This question is probably moot if I see a bundle with a signed poster sometime in the near future...
  • edited July 2008
    What?! Shipping is done like that now?

Hm.

Great, this throws a whole new kink into my ordering plans!

Even SHIPPING is a big horrible mystery with you guys! ;_;
  • edited July 2008
    Derwin, are you actually in Montana? You should have seen First Class and Priority Mail as options.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I'm just curious. Are you guys planning on doing another online site similar to the Summer of Sam & Max with some of these DVD videos or no?

I don't think we'll be doing Summer of Sam & Max this year. Many of these videos will eventually be appearing on the site in some format, though.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be doing Summer of Sam & Max this year. Many of these videos will eventually be appearing on the site in some format, though.

I was just gonna ask the same.. I have the season 1 dvd but I never opened the wrapping (to keep it safe). The reason I felt good doing it like this was because of summer of sam&max (as I think the dvd mats were there?).

But in any case, I wouldn't frown upon the possibility of downloading the dvd contents for those who have bought it :) ..
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Any chance for a "Sam & Max Season Two Goodies" package with a signed poster print?

Seconded.
    Thank you!
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Derwin, are you actually in Montana? You should have seen First Class and Priority Mail as options.

Figured it out... when I inputted my zip code, I included the 4 digit extension in the form of "#####-####".

This causes me to only see the Fedex options. When I only use the typical 5 digit zipcode "#####" I am also able to see USPS options.

I will need to cancel and redo this order at some point, but I guess I will wait to see if there is a bundle with a signed poster before doing anything.

EDIT: Oh, and on an unrelated note, either Jake or Doug (or any TTG person around) should check the info@telltalegames email... I sent you something fun :)
  • edited July 2008
    Heh... I think only Emily has access to that address :)

Also, lame, I forgot about ZIP+4. For those who've never implemented the USPS APIs, they're terrible. They require that you use the full country name instead of the sensible ISO code, they want weights in pounds/ounces instead of just taking a float... it makes me sad :(

(Edit: Also, I'm working on a fix for ZIP+4 now)
  • edited July 2008
    Gotta love the good ol' US Postal Service... making mailing an arduous process since the Pony Express.

Anyway, I forwarded you the email I sent to info. You (Doug) are the only specific employee address I am sure of, unless it changed since 11/2006. Don't you feel lucky? I know I sure feel like you feel lucky.
  • edited July 2008
    Wooo totally fixed now. Also, quite lucky.
  • edited July 2008
    So their is no sovenier of moai better blues?
  • edited July 2008
    So their is no sovenier of moai better blues?

There is an item for every episode.
    edited July 2008
    Moai Better Blues' souvenir is a bar coaster (aka "a beer mat" in some regions) from the Tini Tiki bar. What's New, Beelzebub's is a hopefully awesome actual token from Harry Moleman's Soul Train.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, so:

201: Mini-CD with the music from the "Friendly Demon song" record, plus some music from Stinky's jukebox

202: Tiny Tiki bar coaster

203: Ad/invite to a rave that Jurgen is throwing

204: Bosco's time card

205: Soul train token
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    I haven't been paying attention to any Sam & Max threads lately (I haven't played past 201 yet). Has anyone made any Soul Train jokes/references to the 70's disco/soul/R&B show? If not, I'm sad.
    edited July 2008
    Mel wrote: »
    I haven't been paying attention to any Sam & Max threads lately (I haven't played past 201 yet). Has anyone made any Soul Train jokes/references to the 70's disco/soul/R&B show? If not, I'm sad.

Harry Moleman himself does, when he uses the karaoke machine to get the Don Cornelius voice to announce the arrival of the Soul Train.
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Harry Moleman himself does, when he uses the karaoke machine to get the Don Cornelius voice to announce the arrival of the Soul Train.

That made my day! I can't wait to play it for just that moment.
  • edited July 2008
    So, what makes Season 1's DVD a "Bonus Disc", and Season 2's a "Collector's DVD"? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    So, what makes Season 1's DVD a "Bonus Disc", and Season 2's a "Collector's DVD"? ;)

Just wait. Season 3 will have a Cool Shiny Thing.
  • edited July 2008
    UPS shipping was very reasonable actually. £12 something for international which is pretty nice. UPS was just plain comedy,, $71:80!? for a dvd!? ahahahaha oh fedex, you guys are so dumb.

For that sort of money I expect the CEO himself to fly my package over in his private jet or something, nestled on a cushion of pure silk stuffed with goosedown.. yeah. Perhaps with a gold letter opener to open said package. That would be worth the $70 odd bucks.

Hmm, I never noticed that 1 was bonus while 2 is collectors. Odd. Maybe it just has MORE stuffs, or just plain sounds cooler. Either way.
  • edited July 2008
    I never liked the idea of calling it a "Bonus Disc". It isn't really a bonus, it's the real deal.
    Collector's DVD is much better.
  • edited July 2008
    yes much better, Bonus Disk seems so......old
  • edited July 2008
    The DVD looks even better than I expected. Really cool. Reminds me of when most video game box art had that much work put into it.
  • edited July 2008
    i bought the casefille and soundtrack
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry for being impatient (I know Comic-Con is keeping you busy), but are there still plans to add the "Sam & Max Season Two Goodies" package with a signed poster print to the store? Thanks!
  • edited July 2008
    meelWORM, Emily said yes there was, but she's at ComicCon so you might just have to wait those extra few days :)
  • edited July 2008
    Oh, I got the Demon Cd when I bought season 2 on DVD at the con. The whole thing is a pretty clever idea.
  • edited July 2008
    Just ordered the Casefile+Season 2 DVD!

I was hoping for a Casefile+Season 2+Poster Print bundle, but alas, nope... And I don't want to put out the extra money for the soundtrack, so alas, I'll be missing out on the print for now. If they're still in stock after I move, however... Might bite!
  • edited July 2008
    Klisk wrote: »
    Just ordered the Casefile+Season 2 DVD!

I was hoping for a Casefile+Season 2+Poster Print bundle, but alas, nope... And I don't want to put out the extra money for the soundtrack, so alas, I'll be missing out on the print for now. If they're still in stock after I move, however... Might bite!

Do you have the Season 1 soundtrack? They have an alright Soundtrack Bundle....
  • edited July 2008
    Hopefully I'll have some spare cash this Friday. I'm hoping to pick up the Season 2 soundtrack and a poster. I'm almost thinking of just getting the Season 2 Goodies bundle, but I already picked up a casefile and I kinda wanted a signed poster.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Sorry for being impatient (I know Comic-Con is keeping you busy), but are there still plans to add the "Sam & Max Season Two Goodies" package with a signed poster print to the store? Thanks!

A version with the signed print is now in the store: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-s2-goodies

Anyone who ordered the other version and wants to cancel and get the signed print version instead, please email support@telltalegames.com with your order number and we'll take care of it for you.
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    A version with the signed print is now in the store: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-s2-goodies

Anyone who ordered the other version and wants to cancel and get the signed print version instead, please email support@telltalegames.com with your order number and we'll take care of it for you.

And this is why we love you all :)
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »

This is indeed why we love TTG. Thanks a bunch, Emily!

Small error in your listing though, "You save $16 when you buy this bundle!", you are actually still saving $11.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.