E2 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
edited October 2014 in The Wolf Among Us

[puzzlebox edit]

Official release dates are here!

• Feb 4th - PC/Mac, PlayStation 3 North America
  • Feb 5th - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Europe
  • Feb 7th - iOS
  • June 2nd - Kindle Fire and Amazon Fire TV
  • Oct 30th - Android
  • Nov 4th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One North America
  • Nov 7th PlayStation Vita/PlayStation 4/Xbox One Europe

Only a few days to go now!

Hey everyone!

We were planning the announcement of the ep2 release date just today, and I really wanted to respond to the reddit thread, since the info was imminent anyways. But, we also wanted to make sure that everyone here was the first to know, so here it is!

First week of Feburary!

It's been a struggle to get this episode out, for a variety of reasons, but it's finally ready to go, and you heard it here first!

Here's what I'll be posting to reddit in a few minutes...

“Hey guys,

Kevin from Telltale here! Funny that this came up today, as we were planning the announcement of Ep 2, but… no time like the present!

Ep 2 should be available the first week of February. We are working hard with all of our partners (Xbox, PlayStation, Steam, Apple) to coordinate everything, but we’re confident enough to announce that here. The episode is looking really good (as is the rest of the season!). We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

So there you have it. First week of February! “

Comments

• edited January 2014

First week of February, hope that's February 2014.

• Alright I'll take what I can get. First week of February it is.

• February. Damn. Gotta wait. At least we know when to expect it. Thanks Kevin!

• Oh. Well gotta be grateful can't be hateful.

• edited January 2014

Thanks for the long awaited info, but never ever let it almost be 4 months again.

• Thank you Kevin. Looking forward to it!

• Can't wait for a specific date, I am satisfied with the knowledge of the specific week.

• A RELEASE DATE HALLELUJAH(caps)

• edited January 2014

Well, Telltale, this is a start but you've got a hell of a lot of more work/ass-kissing to your customers to do before you regain mine and many others support. It took you almost 4 months to simply tell us you're still working on the episode. I've waited long enough that I'll probably just wait until all the episodes are released to buy them anymore, that's how I played WD S1 and it was one of my best gaming experiences of all-time. This TWAU thing though, has to be one of my worst gaming experiences of all time (simply speaking on the wait, episode 1 was fantastic even though I barely remember most things that happened now)

February is good news, I suppose. But too little too late for some.

• edited January 2014

Such knowledge is bittersweet. But, I'll take it.

• I hoping to know all of the details. (just kidding)

• Thank you Kevin for the update! Looking forward to Chapter Two!

• Finally.THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)))

• There any chance we may get more screenshots before release?

• HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH.. A little over two more weeks... ugh... I'll def take it tho. The silence is over people!!!!!

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited January 2014

I don't know if I should cry or laugh. I was hoping it'd come in January like promised but... TELLTALE GAMES right there for you.

I guess we can't be angry at them anymore, but I hope this delay won't affect The Walking Dead. They are far over their timeframe with The Walking Dead in the end of the first week of February.

• So now that we got that out of the way.
    WHEN'S WALKING DEAD EP2, GAWD TELLTALE!?

• Thank you for the update Kevin, much appreciated.

• edited January 2014

"Community will remember this."

• Dont forget if Telltale says first week of February that means around march in our world.

• I guess its better than nothing, but I have this bad feeling that first week of February might turn into second week of February!

• To be fair, it was the update that was promised in January - not the game itself.

FreddeN93 posted: »

I don't know if I should cry or laugh. I was hoping it'd come in January like promised but... TELLTALE GAMES right there for you. I guess w

• Great news but i'm just going to point out the "should" in that statement. Hopefully it DOES come out in the first week of Feb but i'm still skeptical.

• Please do go into details. I would love some details.

• He said "should be available"

Uh, oh. You know what that means, right?

• Sorry, too little too late. Not waiting 4 months to continue a story for 2 hrs. Especially when you guys refuse to interact with the community. I was holding out on TWD2 when this episode was taking so long, no way in hell I buy it now. Again sorry, I'm not going to kiss ass now because we finally got a release date when this is unacceptable IMO. I don't know what you think this debacle cost you but I can say, at least one customer won't buy anything from telltale again.

• F-ing Aholes... What (WHAT!) takes you so long!?

• Hey, at least the silence has been broken!

Chingis09 posted: »

F-ing Aholes... What (WHAT!) takes you so long!?

• Finally a Sign of Life. That's all what i wanted.

• Srsly guys?

they give us a release date and your still whining?

Jesus screw this community

• I don't see an apology in there.

• that was a pretty soft update...left me with very little confidence they will actually meet the deadline...really no explanation as to why Ep2 will have taken almost 4 months to produce...and I didn't hear anything to acknowledge the disappointment and frustration of their customers.

• Thank you for the update. Are you allowed to tell us why it was delayed or are you under an NDA? People would not have gotten nearly this upset if you had just communicated with us, even if its just telling us that you legally aren't allowed to talk about the problem. Then we at least know why you've been silent.

• As disappointing as it is, I really appreciate the update. As Fredde said, hopefully this won't affect TWD, but my gut tells me it will. Looking forward to finally play the damn episode.

• THANK YOU FOR JESUS' SAKE WAS IT SO HARD TO JUST SAY THAT!
    But no seriously thank you for setting my mind at ease.

• Thanks for the update, waiting another 3 weeks, comes within days of the 4 month. You cite things conspiring against the company, It would have been nice to share what you or someone else could in order to avoid the irritation, frustration etc... that folks were going through. The bulk of people are pretty understanding when things are explained to them, some you can't please no matter what you do. This delay has caused the enjoyment, anticipation, excitement to just drain away after 2 months. What were we left to talk about? Your games are enjoyable to play, and are of high quality, from my point of view. I really feel that someone in your company who makes decisions, needs to look at this situation, and have frequent feedback with the customers so that this issue if it does happen again it can be minimized.

• Im not playing the game again until all the episodes are available, anyway. But that was a sort of a vague non answer by the telltale staffer. I doubt the episode is released "the first week of february"

infocommie posted: »

that was a pretty soft update...left me with very little confidence they will actually meet the deadline...really no explanation as to why Ep2

• edited January 2014

So you think 3 and 1/2 months is an acceptable amount of time to wait between episodes? Is that what you are saying? Or are you saying that you don't care to know why it took so long and don't care if it is something that could happen again? So you are saying them doing this exact same thing again so long as they eventually give us a release date is ok? If you are in fact saying all of that, fine, whatever, but don't bitch about people being upset unless you want this exact thing to happen again every time. Now, I'm not saying that it will happen, but if you are complacent with it now, you should be consistent and complacent with it happening again and again. And if you are complacent what's to stop it from occurring again?

Srsly guys? they give us a release date and your still whining? Jesus screw this community

• edited January 2014

Good to hear something...

• I wonder what it is they're working on that takes 3 weeks. I hope this date is more realistic for them and not just a date they threw out there. Skeptical, but at least they are talking.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.