What is YOUR most LOL moment in Sam&Max S1 or S2?

Comments

• edited January 2009
    No doubt the times when Bosco actually HAD all the items Sam and Max needed in all the other cases was one of the funniest moments.

Also, in 202 when they look through the lost junk and Sam says, "Hey a fully playable version of Sam and Max: Freelance Police!"
  • edited January 2009
    I thought their faces were funny when they saw the mariachis in 202. Their mouths were just... open.
  • edited January 2009
    oh! i thought of another one! in 201 *kick*
    jimmy 2 teeth:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    max:thanks for the glove jimmy!
  • edited January 2009
    Shazyzang wrote: »
    "Are you a bad enough president to save the dude?"

I think I have to cast my vote for this one as well. I was instantly transported back in time when I heard that line. :)
  • edited January 2009
    But let me sidetrack here a bit. While I appreciate these great laughing moments, I think the best thing about the humour in the Sam & Max series is that it's nearly constant. Every other line our action provides us with something to laugh or at least smile at, be it a small joke ("Time out for number... two!"), funny conversation ("- Beat it, deadbeat! - It's a free country, pal."), or simply clever use of language ("I'm sorry, little buddy-in-chief").
    I applaud the writers of the series for pulling it off, episode after episode!

Yes, this is exactly why I like these games, myself.

From the beginning of 203 when Max says the holy water is making him have a vision.
    Max: A goat born with an HDMI port. An unwelcome visitor. Ah, the dead walk the earth. And bells bells BELLS!
  • edited January 2009
    I loved it when the Angry Stone Head got really baked, "duuuuuude"
  • edited January 2009
    Sam: Bang, you're dead! No take-backs!
    Max: Nuh uh! Do-over!

XD
  • edited January 2009
    Some of these have probably already been said. They're mostly from memory.

Sam: Hey Bosc- Oh dear God. (Cut to Bosco dressed as his mother)

Young Sam: Max said volcanoes were cool, and you were dumb for trying to stop it, and when I told him to shut up, he pulled out a gun and shot at me!
    Young Max: Nu-uh! Sam started it!

(Sam is on the Rainbow Wheel of Death)
    Max: Throw some daggers! No, hatchets!
    Sam: Hey!
    Max: Sorry, I got excited.
    Hugh Bliss: (extremely cheerfully) I've got a better idea! I'll just torture him mercilessly until he begs me to shoot him with his own gun!

Sam: Hey Max. Want to see how I won all those surfing trophies back in school?
    Max: No, I don't want to see you cry to the PE teacher and then beg me to club your competitors in the knees. Why?
    Sam: You're just jealous of my more plausible centre of gravity.

Just about every interaction Sam has with Demon Peepers, but especially this part:
    Sam: You've got to come in here, little buddy! It's the most horrible thing ever!
    Max: Sounds fun, Sam, but I'm too big to fit in the hole.
    Peepers: Hey Sam! Listen to this, it's funny: That's what she said!
    Sam: Argh! Get me out of here!

And also this:
    Peepers: We've been pals since we were little! We used to take baths together!
    Sam: (Disgusted noises, shudders)

Sam: Wouldn't you rather grow up to be as cool as I am, with a boss car, and a detective job, and a huge gun?
    Young Sam: Hmm. Would I have to get as fat as you too?
    (Sam pulls out his gun)
    AI: Catastrophic temporal anomaly detected.
    Sam: (putting away his gun) You got lucky, punk.

That's probably enough for now.
  • edited January 2009
    My favorite: After you make Max like girls in 204.
    Moma Bosco: What did you do to my Maxie!
    Max: Whats your Maxie gonna to you. All. Night. Long.
  • edited January 2009
    Max: Hey, Sam - what time is it?
    Sam: Let's see... Uh, the little hand is on the freckle and the corn-cup:confused: pipe is on the right eyeball.
    Max: Already? Where does the time go...

Sam: Them.
    Bosco: AAAAaaaAaaAAaaaAAAAAA!!!!

Bosco: I'm in some kind of one-man play but it never ends and I don't know any of the lines!
    Sam: Bosco's personal hell - a play in an infinite number of acts.
    Max: Phew, I thought "Waiting for Godot" sucked...

Thasall I could think of right now :p
  • edited January 2009
    My favorite: After you make Max like girls in 205.
    Moma Bosco: What did you do to my Maxie!
    Max: Whats your Maxie gonna to you. All. Night. Long.

I haven't played that episode yet, but now I really want to. XD
  • edited January 2009
    Season One:

Sam & Max running like crazy after they're shrunk in 105. I don't know why, but I kept making them run frantically, laughing like an idiot.

Season Two:

Max kicking Jimmy out of the screen just after saving his life to retrieve the boxing glove in 201. Timing was so perfect in that gag...
  • edited January 2009
    Episode 201, when you talk to Max outside the workshop.
    Sam: Aren't you freezing?
    Max: It's not so bad once you get used to it.
    Sam: Are you used to it yet?
    Max: N-n-no, I'm f-f-freezing.

My stepbrother's favorite part of ALL the games was in 105, I believe, when you click on Jesse James' hand.
    Sam: There it is! Jesse James' actual hand.
    Max: No, remember, that carbon dater said it was only a few years--
    Sam: *Shakes fist at Max* Jesse James' actual hand. Amazing.
  • edited January 2009
    from episode 105:
    Sam: "I still don't understand why we had to throw away our perfectly good carpet."
    Max: "It DIDN'T MATCH THE DRAPES!"

Also, I love whacking Max in the air once in a while.. his "Whee!" scream is just too awesome. XD

Can't wait to play season 2! :D
  • edited January 2009
    Good ones:)

Here is one i remembered by replaying s1e4, by komrad Boscovorski, wich rang a loud bell because i work in such a place:

Sam: We want to buy something.
    Bosco: Ah, yes. Evil but necessary private enterprise.

It made me LAWL for a long time, and i bring that quote along in my everyday life. lol. It's awesome. Keep em coming! I'm begining to notice that the serie as a lot of replay value. In a few months i will surely replay season 1 and 2 back to back, after i am done with season 3 of course:P
  • edited January 2009
    I laughed pretty hard when they made a reference to Lost in 202 and I THINK there was also a reference in the trailer to 205.
  • edited January 2009
    :D
    Another one I came up with while beginning playing episode 106 (yes, I'm impressively slow. ;P )
    When Bosco had disguised himself
    a woman..
    Sam's reaction just made me fall off my chair.
    "Hello Bosc- Oh My God."

XD
  • edited January 2009
    Trica wrote: »
    Another one I came up with while beginning playing episode 106 (yes, I'm impressively slow. ;P )
    When Bosco had disguised himself
    a woman..
    Sam's reaction just made me fall off my chair.
    "Hello Bosc- Oh My God."

XD

You're not the only one, Trica :rolleyes:

I laughed at the reference to Tron with the C.O.P.S. whenever you leave conversation with them in 105 and 106, with Curt going "END OF LINE." I feel like such a nerd right now.

I kept howling with laughter after everyone's reactions in 106 whenever I ask them to "rub my unicorn."

Sam: Hey,
    Hugh Bliss,
    wanna rub my unicorn?
    Hugh Bliss: Hmm, maybe after I kill you.

Sam: Hey Lincoln, wanna rub my unicorn?
    *long pause, camera cutting between Lincoln and Sam's faces repeatedly, with Sam smiling*
    Sam: ...Never mind.
  • edited January 2009
    When you're in Reality 2.0 and it's all blank and you try to use the sword on Max. I don't remember the entire conversation, but it was pretty funny.

Or whenever Sam gets hit in the head by B-TADS. I don't know how many times I tried to make Sam walk out with something or pull out his gun. XD

Laughed pretty hard when I used the George Washington nutcracker before and after Max becomes president. Max's reaction was great. XD
    Sam: Hi, I'm George Washington. Anyone need their nuts cracked?
    Max: Please don't make fun of George Washington.
  • edited January 2009
    And in Reality 2.0, I laughed at when I looked at the Shambling Corporate Presence after defeating it.

Max: Sam, can we keep him?
    Sam: Max, we're not even sure he's potty trained.
    Max: So? I'm not!
  • edited January 2009
    The warner bros rings used for the
    Sam and Peepers Show intro
    from episode 205. Mostly, because I can't even identify why it's so funny, and yet it still is. Also, the reveal that
    Santa actually hates kids
    . Plus, it is extra friggin' awesome that Santa is voiced by Terry McGovern, a.k.a. Larry Guy, a.k.a. Launchpad McQuack.
  • edited January 2009
    I just finished playing 201, and I laughed at what Max said as you put down the third Horseman of the Apocalypse action figure. I forgot what he said exactly, but this is as close as I can remember.

Max: I can't wait until we excorsise (sp?) that b*****d and put the video up on YouTube.

I also laughed at the excessive use of censors on pretty much all of Timmy Two-Teeth's lines.

Timmy: It's a *censored* *censored* Christmas miracle!
  • edited January 2009
    202: When Max wants to keep Baby Jimmy Hoffa
    Sam:Them
    Bosco:AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    205:Harry "Death" Moleman:How do you guys got a token??
    Max:We've done things, Harry...Things we're not proud of...wicked things
    Sam:...Shut up, Max...errr.Zombie Abraham Lincoln didn't wanted this
  • edited January 2009
    i laughed so hard in 104 when youre trying to win the election and you click on warm up the crowd.oh ho ho ho. good times
  • edited January 2009
    "It's an ink ribbon..."
  • edited February 2009
    when you kill jurgen and hes like ow that hurt:)
  • edited February 2009
    Sam: *Points at Newton's Balls* Can I play with that?
    Sybil: No. It drives people crazy.
    Sam: Who?
    Sybil: Me.
  • edited February 2009
    I was replaying through Ice Station Santa with hints on:

Max: Man, there's gotta be a way we can get that wind-up key. Maybe I should just go into a cosmic storm and pray for mutation.

I swear, I couldn't stop laughing after that part.
  • edited February 2009
    Delirious future Max: "I can't shoot max!" "no, i don't think i can put those two together."

i was laughing for a good few minutes.
  • edited February 2009
    Mamma Bosco: ... you want to keep Max all to yourself!
    Ship AI: Temporal anomaly detected.
    Sam: Shut up, it's not like that!

• edited February 2009
    fishmix wrote: »
    Delirious future Max: "I can't shoot max!" "no, i don't think i can put those two together."

i was laughing for a good few minutes.

Max was saying that he couldn't shoot himself?
  • edited February 2009
    Max was saying that he couldn't shoot himself?

I'm fairly sure it was SAM who said that stuff. :P
  • edited February 2009
    Ack, I wish I could play Season 2 already. It sounds so fun! D8 *waits for worldwide retail versions to come up*
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    When you're in Reality 2.0 and it's all blank and you try to use the sword on Max. I don't remember the entire conversation, but it was pretty funny.

Oh, that one! XD I actually wrote Max's line down one time. It was hilarious! Let me see...

"That sword touches a hair of my cute furry tail, and I'll use your colon for a shower cap!"

:D Little buddy really must love his tail.
  • edited February 2009
    I just finished playing 204, and that episode was really amusing!

I liked the part when Max is flirting with Momma Bosco.

Max: Did it just get freaky sexy in here or is that just you?

And when you talk to the ship's computer when the ship's about to self-destruct.

Sam: How are we going to get out of here?
    Computer: In thousands of tiny bits, most likely.

Oh! And I laughed for several minutes after their past selves jacked their time-machine.

Max: You... JERKS!
    Sam: You made us go through the past year and a half all over again!
  • edited February 2009
    I laughed at the "Prune Nuts" in one of the S1 episodes. I forgot which one though.
  • edited February 2009
    I agree with you! THAT was funny! Any time Max giggles like an insane girl scout is always funny. XD
  • edited February 2009
    My most LOL moment? The one I had to share with my wife, roommate, and random strangers (who then got restraining orders)?

The "War (What Is It Good For?)" musical number in S&M104 - Abe Lincoln Must Die.
  • edited February 2009
    Na'chos there mine, na' chos!
  • edited February 2009
    I laughed at the backstories of the Soda Poppers in 101, especially the one about Peepers.

TV Voiceover: Peeper's high-pitched, squeaky voice actually drove a few of his coworkers into alcoholism. And after his gig as an actor, he got a job as a middle school PE coach, but was fired after his catchphrase, "I can see you", went the wrong way in the girl's locker room.
  • edited February 2009
    My fave moment has to be the C.O.P.S motivational song in 1.5
Sign in to comment in this discussion.