Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Can somebody PLEASE explain where and how I can find this quote from Luke in regards to Mike??

"Yeah, he's, uh... he's pretty strong, that's for sure. No, it's not that. I just... thnk he's more eager than he has a right to be. Okay? He wants acceptance before he's earned it, does that make sense to you?"

A video link would also be appreciated

• edited November 2016

You have to go to the museum with Bonnie and Mike first, Luke will be present back at the memorial when you return and you can talk to him, I think he stands to the far right between the tent he was in and Kenny/Rebecca.

If you go help Jane first then he will show up there and not return to the memorial.

I'll see if I can find a video.

Can somebody PLEASE explain where and how I can find this quote from Luke in regards to Mike?? "Yeah, he's, uh... he's pretty strong, tha

• Have you actually heard it in the game?

Because I don't recognize it.

Can somebody PLEASE explain where and how I can find this quote from Luke in regards to Mike?? "Yeah, he's, uh... he's pretty strong, tha

• I got it in all playthroughs besides my first.

Acheive250 posted: »

Have you actually heard it in the game? Because I don't recognize it.

• edited November 2016

Thomas Richards is referenced in the The Walking Dead Video Game by the unnamed Police Officer.

enter image description here

enter image description here

• But new characters have survived longer into the apocalypse!

But old character Clementine survives 15 episodes.

• Oh, what episode?

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I got it in all playthroughs besides my first.

• edited November 2016

Episode 4, when you have to pick to go help Bonnie/Mike with the civil war museum or Jane with the lookout platform.

You have to go with Bonnie and Mike first and do the water/racoon thing, then Luke will still be at the monument with Kenny and Rebecca when you get back and you can talk to him, Bonnie and Mike separatedly.

Oh, what episode?

• Good point...

I guess anyone stuck with you (Clementine) has a pretty low survival rate.

(If you know what that's from you get a slice of cake)

But new characters have survived longer into the apocalypse!

• Oh, okay.

Episode 4, when you have to pick to go help Bonnie/Mike with the civil war museum or Jane with the lookout platform. You have to go with

• Finally. I had to look through at least 20 playlists and the first person who went with Bonnie and Mike first didn't notice Luke was present back at the memorial.

There you go:

Skip to 3:13

• Wow thank you so much! Seriously!

Finally. I had to look through at least 20 playlists and the first person who went with Bonnie and Mike first didn't notice Luke was present back at the memorial. There you go: Skip to 3:13

• No problem :)

Wow thank you so much! Seriously!

• I was just about to post something related to that. Interesting.

You have to go to the museum with Bonnie and Mike first, Luke will be present back at the memorial when you return and you can talk to him,

• If you go with Mike and Bonnie first, Mike reveals that he really wants being in the group to work out and is reluctant to leave the museum area without finding something to help Rebecca and the baby.

I have never seen/done this before.

• edited November 2016

I have never seen some of this before. I wish I had done this. It really adds to Mike and Luke's characters in my opinion.

Also, gotta love Jane's nerves of steel. "Maybe I can try talking to him?" "Good call.(Arvo starts climbing the stairs) Shit. Hide. Now." :lol:

WAITTAMINUTE! If Clementine just left the observation deck here, how did Luke and Jane screw everyone over?!

Finally. I had to look through at least 20 playlists and the first person who went with Bonnie and Mike first didn't notice Luke was present back at the memorial. There you go: Skip to 3:13

• edited November 2016

The same thing still happens. Luke meets you on the way back to the memorial and then goes to help Jane "unlock" the deck.

I suppose he just goes at the speed of a duracell bunny in that particular pt.

DabigRG posted: »

I have never seen some of this before. I wish I had done this. It really adds to Mike and Luke's characters in my opinion. Also, gotta lo

• It also forshadows him leaving the group. Since Kenny and everyone besides Clementine doesn't really work xD

If you go with Mike and Bonnie first, Mike reveals that he really wants being in the group to work out and is reluctant to leave the museum area without finding something to help Rebecca and the baby. I have never seen/done this before.

• This has been figured out before but you're the only one to also post comic strips from the reference itself, so thanks man.

Thomas Richards is referenced in the The Walking Dead Video Game by the unnamed Police Officer.

• I suppose. It gives him a bit of tragedy.

It also forshadows him leaving the group. Since Kenny and everyone besides Clementine doesn't really work xD

• Jane was originally more of a hardass who thought Clementine was annoying.

• Really? If anything Jane was a suckup to Clem.

Jane was originally more of a hardass who thought Clementine was annoying.

• There is a discarded audio sound byte of Jane criticizing Bonnie for her drug addiction hinting that these characters might have been adversaries in the original script.

• Yeah. Not only are there a few unused lines portraying Jane as being a bit harsh about someone(possibly her sister)'s behavior and guilt-tripping Clementine about Rebecca suffering(possibly for not robbing Arvo), but Christine Lakin revealed it in an interview.

NorthStars posted: »

Really? If anything Jane was a suckup to Clem.

• edited November 2016

Im glad they didnt use those, I liked her overall personality and I think her actual used character is rather revolved around Clem. Planning to kill Kenny to stop her from going with him, trying to convince Clem over and over Kenny is unsafe (understandable), trying to make her see its better for her to leave the group, seemed more like she wanted Clem for herself.

Yeah. Not only are there a few unused lines portraying Jane as being a bit harsh about someone(possibly her sister)'s behavior and guilt-tri

• edited November 2016

Don't forget pressuring her into leaving Sarah behind, insisting that she didn't really save her and that Sarah is essentially a sociopath if she doesn't, trying to convince her to rob Arvo of Natasha's medicine and then actually feeling ashamed about it afterwards, using Sarah's death to buy sympathy so Clementine will let her sneak off and then coming back acting like it never happened, and acting as if Kenny was just trying to pin the Russian situation on her when he brings up that they were after her.

In otherwords, fuck Jane. I'm guess leaving out those lines was neat to some, but she's a bitch either way.

Im glad they didnt use those, I liked her overall personality and I think her actual used character is rather revolved around Clem. Planning

• Really?!

Bon-Bon posted: »

There is a discarded audio sound byte of Jane criticizing Bonnie for her drug addiction hinting that these characters might have been adversaries in the original script.

• Oh boy, yeah I got to agree. It does fit her character though, a loner would be selfish. If they left those lines in I dont think I would have liked Jane, I can see they wanted to make Jane as much as a suckup and protecter to Clem as they could in about 2 episodes so that it would be a little bit of a challenge choosing to kill Jane or Kenny, shes certainly not the worst character though, is she to you?

Don't forget pressuring her into leaving Sarah behind, insisting that she didn't really save her and that Sarah is essentially a sociopath i

• I can see why they scrapped it, that doesn't sound like something she would care about.

There is a discarded audio sound byte of Jane criticizing Bonnie for her drug addiction hinting that these characters might have been adversaries in the original script.

• No, she's not the worst character in terms of quality and depth, but definitely one of the few I legitimately hate. I've talked about why since literally my first topic/post here, so I can link it and/or summarize why if you want details.

Oh boy, yeah I got to agree. It does fit her character though, a loner would be selfish. If they left those lines in I dont think I would ha

• Go ahead, I usually hear the same thing from Jane haters and its usually just because they hate Kenny and thats their only excuse so Ill see your opinion.

No, she's not the worst character in terms of quality and depth, but definitely one of the few I legitimately hate. I've talked about why since literally my first topic/post here, so I can link it and/or summarize why if you want details.

• it's at 1:45. I'm not sure how Jane would know about her past unless she had started using drugs again and was caught by Jane.

• Supposedly Bonnie still has marks from her addiction on her arm, I have never noticed in my pt's but other people say that's what she tries to hide at the museum if you ask her to reach in through the window and the walker attacks her.

Given that Jane spent at least som time in Carver's camp maybe she saw that?

it's at 1:45. I'm not sure how Jane would know about her past unless she had started using drugs again and was caught by Jane.

• edited November 2016

Note that some of this is copied from previous discussions to save energy, so some of these might be a bit outdated. Sorry about spamming the edit button, but I keep thinking of reasons to hate her.

Many of the reasons are:

• Being something of an obvious gimmick in her first appearance, which happens to be the weakest episode of the Season in my opinion

• Having a lot of the inklings of what it actually means to be called a Mary Sue

• Constantly ducking and dodging taking responsibility and facing the consequences.

• Rarely apologizing for her wrongdoings.

• Being a massive hypocrite in general

• Being a Designated Hero

• Sharing Carver's(you know, the main villain) beliefs and by extension, displaying fantastic racism

• Having the blood of at least three characters who would be innocent by her own standards on her hands

• Dragging down, replacing, and condemning two of my favorite characters

• Ultimately corrupting at least two characters who were still good enough to be considered heroes(YMMV)

• Coming off as a jealous psycho lesbian

• Doing various things that make it possible to interpret her as a "feminist" icon

• Essentially castrating Troy when he apparently outlived his usefulness(Bad guy or not, she still pacified him using their previous relationship and deals)

• Trying to convince Clementine to abandon most of her friends and group members.

• Pressuring Clementine(age 11) into forsaking Sarah on a dime...even though she tried to keep Jaime for months before being forced to just leave her behind due to a hopeless situation

• Discriminating Sarah due to her own PTSD about a sister she doesn't actually know is dead

• Insisting that Sarah would get everyone killed because "she's just like my beloved sister Jaime(may she rest in peace)" ai an apathetic sociopath, yet she ended up ultimately being the one to thanklessly help everyone avoid a situation caused by Jane, who deserves that title more

• Jumping and threatening Arvo, which causes him to come back with his group looking for payback and causes the events of Never Going Back, where everything completely goes to shit

• Nearly causing Rebecca to miscarriage

• Being ultimately responsible for setting up Sarah's "canon" death and having the nerve to duck around any real responsibility or consequences for it by slipping away and feigning remorse.

• Acting as if Kenny was just trying to pin the Russian situation on her and then getting mad when he beats up Arvo

• Endangering the life of a minor just to prove a point (Three even!)

• Almost getting herself killed by the broken asshole she *intentionally provoked(if you shot Kenny, which I did on my first playthrough)

For the sake of offering it to someone as a callback, here's the link to what may eventually become an old Jane Analysis topic instead of the original plan. The writeup is the first spoilered comment from me.

Go ahead, I usually hear the same thing from Jane haters and its usually just because they hate Kenny and thats their only excuse so Ill see your opinion.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2016

Actually, she says that line during the scene where you choose to steal from Arvo or not.

At 1:01:02

It's not unused nor directed towards Bonnie.

it's at 1:45. I'm not sure how Jane would know about her past unless she had started using drugs again and was caught by Jane.

• Quite a few of these lines were in the actual episode.

• Ok, understandable points.

Essentially castrating Troy when he apparently outlived his usefulness

Troy deserved that though. One think I thank Jane for, but few.

Acting as if Kenny was just trying to pin the Russian situation on her and then getting mad when he beats up Arvo

Hated that.

Being a massive hypocrite in general

One of her biggest flaws to me, she was a big hypocrite.

Trying to convince Clementine to abandon most of her friends and group members.

Her biggest flaw, I think Jane has bad timing, her wanting to urge Clementine to learn to live alone is actually smart and she taught her how to protect herself in different ways but she chooses the WORST times to tell Clementine to ditch the group, especially when they really need her. Her other bad time is when she "had" to try and take out Kenny, couldnt she have waited atleast till they got somewhere safe?

Coming off as a jealous psycho lesbian

I do think she is a feminist symbol (maybe) but I dont know about lesbian, she really showed no sign of it and her only relationships where one night stands with Troy and Luke, Luke she actually said she had feelings for, if anything she is bi perhaps.

Note that some of this is copied from previous discussions to save energy, so some of these might be a bit outdated. Sorry about spamming t

• Troy deserved that though. One think I thank Jane for, but few.

Yeah, I get that it was obviously pandering to the asshole victim group, but it really comes down to how she did it. She reminds them that they made some sort of agreement to help each other out and says that now that his part is technically fulfilled, she wants to take him away from Howe's. Not only does he lower his gun, but he seems to question where they would even go in a genuinely tender manner that seems very out of character for the way he was acting around the Ski Cabin Group, implying that either he has a softer side that rarely comes out or his more violent behavior may have been an act to stay in Carver's good graces. Compounding the issue further is that on my first playthrough, I thought she actually told him about the plan and he just didn't take her seriously, which meant she would've jeopardized the plan had he decided to tell Carver. So with the notion of him willingly leaving Carver just because she offered him to on the table, her suddenly shooting him in the crotch was not only pretty messed up due to how coldblooded it was at that point but also immediately suspicious since it resembles that whole "You've outlived your usefulness" mentality, which may I remind you is a classic villainous trait.

Also, personal standards here, but one of the things you DO NOT do in combat is go for the naughty bits. The fact that she did this with a POINT BLANK gunshot makes it even more wince-worthy.

Her biggest flaw, I think Jane has bad timing

That's an excellent observation. And a big part of why she comes off as so callous and self-righteous.

I do think she is a feminist symbol (maybe) but I dont know about lesbian, she really showed no sign of it and her only relationships where one night stands with Troy and Luke, Luke she actually said she had feelings for, if anything she is bi perhaps.

Well yeah, obviously in presentation, she's clearly shown hooking up with guys, with Luke apparently being genuine. So, Depraved Bisexual is probably more appropriate. But when you really stop to think about it, her obsession with Clementine and her discrimination/hatred of Sarah and Kenny comes off as very yandere. Especially when you take the whole "Die for our Ship" mentality and her behavior in the Leave Jane ending into account.

Ok, understandable points. Essentially castrating Troy when he apparently outlived his usefulness Troy deserved that though. O

• 0:37 Classic Kenny

0:41 The boats return

• edited November 2016

Alright, I get your point with Troy then, I think Troy was just easy to convince, killing him did help as it drew the walkers to him a bit and stopped him from shooting the group so I would say there was no other way for Jane to do it (other than killing him in a less painful way), as you know she didnt care for Troy. Villainous? Maybe. But she was never full on evil, just rude.

Agreed with other points.

Troy deserved that though. One think I thank Jane for, but few. Yeah, I get that it was obviously pandering to the asshole victim gr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.