Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited January 2017

Muertos means dead, not dead people. They haven't said "Gente muerta" (Dead people).

pinkytwist posted: »

Muertos literally means "dead" as in dead people, the dead. It doesn't mean death. Death is muerte. So they are using it correctly as far as I know.

• I mean my Clem never killed anyone in season 1 or 2, so it feels pretty out of character for me.

Megaodg33 posted: »

It's cause she's a badass and it's kinda awesome. I'm proud of her.

• edited January 2017

It means dead, but it can also mean "the dead". "El está muerto." means "He is dead." "Día de los muertos." means "Day of the Dead". So muerto can be used like "dead". As an adjective and noun. And just like in English, you don't have to say "dead people", you can simply say "the dead". In Spanish you don't have to say "gente muerta" you can simply say "(los) muertos".

TheMPerson posted: »

Muertos means dead, not dead people. They haven't said "Gente muerta" (Dead people).

• Can't tell if trolling or true-ing

• I think you're right. I know if you chose the Kenny or Wellington endings, Clementine can say "I had a... Friend. He had a wife, a son... He was really protective." But he isn't mentioned by name.

Similarly, I think this is the only episode in which Lee isn't mentioned either.

• Lee was never mentioned in TTB Part 2.

• Similarly, I think this is the only episode in which Lee isn't mentioned either.

Thank God.

Davissons posted: »

I think you're right. I know if you chose the Kenny or Wellington endings, Clementine can say "I had a... Friend. He had a wife, a son... He

• edited January 2017

You said in TTB Part 2? This is in Part 1.

• Well, to be fair, all models but Kenny and Jane look pretty good. Little mistakes like this aren't the end of the world, especially since rarely anyone noticed, let alone on their first playthrough.

"Those models look GGgggreat."

• Yeah, and her mom's name is Diana.

In case y'all forgot, in S2 E2 when Carver barges in and asks you who else is in the cabin, Clem can say "Just me and my dad, ED." That's her dad''s actual name. Sorry if you already knew this please don't kill me.

• edited January 2017

Will this season NOT have the infamous Lee or Duck mentioning??

• Could you imagine how funny it would be if whenever walkers showed up, characters would stop in fear and just scream "SALSA!"

• Or just zombies, like in the comics.

Spodes posted: »

No, Day of the Dead is "dia de los muertos". Muerto(s) merely means "dead" but implies "dead person", it's just Telltale's attempt at Mexica

• in their language it's not a noun

In the right context, yes, it is.

Ex: "All those dead people"

"Todos esos muertos"

Muerto(s) merely means "dead" but implies "dead person", it's just Telltale's attempt at Mexican culture which doesn't work well, like fuck,

• edited January 2017

Muertos means dead... just dead.

You can even google; "Todos esos muertos translation", and it says "All those dead." You can imply that they mean dead people.

Not every language works the same and simple as English.

in their language it's not a noun In the right context, yes, it is. Ex: "All those dead people" "Todos esos muertos"

• edited January 2017

"My friend Lee; he was a good man."

"Duck was always running in circles."

"Lee would've loved this place!"

"I thought about Duck today."

"I had to shoot Lee!"

"About his dumb little face."

"I miss Lee."

"Pass me that can, Duck."

Will this season NOT have the infamous Lee or Duck mentioning??

• edited January 2017

She can kill Jane or Kenny. Shes shot and attacked humans in s1 and 2 even if not killing them, with all the walkers she killed and even more characters apparently in s3, you shouldn't be suprised. All the walkers she killed in everyone's game play would make killing less scary.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean my Clem never killed anyone in season 1 or 2, so it feels pretty out of character for me.

• edited January 2017

That season just kept reminding you how emotional-y packed the first one was.

And Clementine would rather more talk about the guy that protected her a few months rather than her parents, you know, people that raised her.

"My friend Lee; he was a good man." "Duck was always running in circles." "Lee would've loved this place!" "I thought about Duck today." "I had to shoot Lee!" "About his dumb little face." "I miss Lee." "Pass me that can, Duck."

• Well thats why I said for me.

The only character my Clem "killed" I guess would be Winston, but even then she didnt even out right kill him and it was in self defense. Season 3 Clem kills a man over a bad deal, and wants to stay and kill people instead of just leaving.

NorthStars posted: »

She can kill Jane or Kenny. Shes shot and attacked humans in s1 and 2 even if not killing them, with all the walkers she killed and even mor

• And Clementine would rather more talk about the guy that protected her a few months rather than her parents, you know, people that raised her.

Christa and Omid were also neglected.

If Lee is mentioned this season more than Kenny, Jane and Edith, I'm done.

That season just kept reminding you how emotional-y packed the first one was. And Clementine would rather more talk about the guy that protected her a few months rather than her parents, you know, people that raised her.

• My Clem mercy killed Lee, let Jane die and then killed Kenny in S2 (a bullet to the head). To me she seems in character.

I mean my Clem never killed anyone in season 1 or 2, so it feels pretty out of character for me.

• Sad violin - horn edition

And Clementine would rather more talk about the guy that protected her a few months rather than her parents, you know, people that raised he

• Even if Clem had the alone ending in S2?

And Clementine would rather more talk about the guy that protected her a few months rather than her parents, you know, people that raised he

• I mean, Jane was actually Clem's shortest care taker, so it be pretty weird if Clem talked more about Jane than Lee for sure.

(I guess Jane was only with Clem for like a month)

• My native lenguage is spanish. I know what I'm talking about.

Muertos means dead... just dead. You can even google; "Todos esos muertos translation", and it says "All those dead." You can imply that they mean dead people. Not every language works the same and simple as English.

• Well I look stupid now whistle I'm gonna slap my college now for convincing me with Google translate how muertos is used.

My native lenguage is spanish. I know what I'm talking about.

• I didn't kill him in my let's play, the big YouTubers I watched didn't kill him in theirs as well.

darthsansa posted: »

Can Rufus not be killed? I killed him and all the playthroughs I've seen had the same outcome

• WAIT YOUR COLLEGE TOLD YOU THAT GOOGLE TRANSLATE IS A GOOD IDEA!?

Well I look stupid now whistle I'm gonna slap my college now for convincing me with Google translate how muertos is used.

• What mention did he get in season 2, episode 5?

• So college, eh? Typing in Koopa in Japanese will get you Bowser, btw.

WAIT YOUR COLLEGE TOLD YOU THAT GOOGLE TRANSLATE IS A GOOD IDEA!?

• There's also "I miss my boy."

Oh yeah, I forgot that.

• He also mentions Katjaa and Duck at the campfire scene when you approach him. He talks about his wife and son and how he would give anything to be with them again.

What mention did he get in season 2, episode 5?

• edited January 2017

Well one of the translator web site was Google translate and the other one can't remember.

Even I didn't trust it enough...

WAIT YOUR COLLEGE TOLD YOU THAT GOOGLE TRANSLATE IS A GOOD IDEA!?

• Then again what's so bad about mentions?
    I bet in reality you, me, or anyone else would be inclined to tell about the people we cared, especially when the topic arises or if we get asked.

Saw some peeps complaining, not sure if yours is a complaint.

• edited January 2017

Nonetheless, Jane was Clem's latest stable caretaker.

Scrap that! There's the New Frontier and Richmond!

I mean, Jane was actually Clem's shortest care taker, so it be pretty weird if Clem talked more about Jane than Lee for sure. (I guess Jane was only with Clem for like a month)

• Depends on the ending chosen I believe. Kenny seemed pretty stable in the flashback. And I think he became somewhat stable in the time between S2 and ANF.
    Doesn't mean he wouldn't throw another fit if Clem and/or AJ were hurt by a stranger.

Nonetheless, Jane was Clem's latest stable caretaker. Scrap that! There's the New Frontier and Richmond!

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited January 2017

It wasn't only because of her sister's death but it played a major part in her decision. The hypocrisy in her statement is still apparent.

What you said is accurate. What I was alluding to is that she left the group because she did not want to grow attached to anybody—in part

Sign in to comment in this discussion.