The Walking North (Episode 3 Part 4 out NOW)

Comments

• Here's the list of 100% confirmed characters. many others will be confirmed tonight since im pinpointing.
    1. Olivia
    2. Katherine
    3. Nicole
    4. Nick
    5. Charles White
    There is only 5 confirmed so far to be In episode 1, there will be about 13 characters in episode 1; if you're character isn't in the confirmed list, chances are they will still be in it.

• Fine by me. :)

Carley123 posted: »

Want me to keep the name Riley because its uni sex?

• Okay! sounds good :)

BigBlindMax posted: »

Fine by me.

• I'm glad I am too. :)

Team_Purple posted: »

Yay! I'm excited!

• Part one should be up tomorrow around 5 - 8pm/pst, I do have exams tomorrow though. So I might have to move it to Tuesday.

• I'm rooting for little Nick!

• Heh, I like his character.

I'm rooting for little Nick!

• I've confirmed all the characters. I'll start writing after exams which is in awhile.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Yay!

• Take your time. Idk about everyone else, but I'm willing to wait if it means a better story.

Part one should be up tomorrow around 5 - 8pm/pst, I do have exams tomorrow though. So I might have to move it to Tuesday.

• Okay I want to get episode 1 done before I go on vacation and before episode 4 hype starts.

Take your time. Idk about everyone else, but I'm willing to wait if it means a better story.

• Character submitted!! story sounds exciting ;)

• Okay i'm starting writing now.

• i just finished it and then deleted all of it by accident on notes... :( noo

• edited June 2014

The Walking North Episode 1 Chapter 1 'Taken'

I woke up. I hate this, i can never sleep in these itchy beds.

I have a big baseball game tomorrow and i need to sleep, so i try moving to my side sometimes that helps. It didn't, instead i heard whispering outside the door. I couldnt hear who it was but i know it was sister Nicole's voice.
    I was feeling a bit adventurous so i moved my two legs to the end of the bed and then onto the ground.

Most girls wouldn't do this because the nuns told us that if we left the bed at night we would be grabbed by the demons and pulled to hell; i wish i was kidding.

I kept walking towards the door when suddenly there was a sudden creak in the wooden floor, in fear i pushed my leg away and then onto another part of the floor. "Olivia?" I turned around.

It was Katherine "What are you doing?" she said as she rubbed her eyes. In a polite tone i replied "Its nothing, go back to bed, ill be fine" She shakes her head at me and puts her head back on the pillow. I made it to the side of the door and could make out what they were saying.

It was Sister Nicole, she looks out for us. And our Principal Charles Royse, He's also one of our doctors. He saved my brother life when the flu happened here, i didn't know him much though. I leaned up against the door, there was a pause in the conversation.

Then they started talking again, "3 girls got sick, they're in the medic room. They woke up and are acting like mad men!" exclaimed Sister Nicole. "What have they done?" asked the principal

"They have managed to bit or scratch 5 different kids who are now in much pain" replied Sister Nicole. "Well should i go in there and strap them because i think i could-". "No!" Sister Nicole sharply cut him off, "WE need to send them back to there parents; they're a danger".

"Okay." Principal Charles said "We will send them off tomorrow", "Before i leave let me check on the girls" she walked towards the door, "CRAP, theres no time!" I thought to myself and i hid on the other side of the door. She opened it and looked on both sides, not looking to see my bunk was empty. She closed the door and locked it. She then walked off with the principal.

"That was pretty close" Katherine giggled, "Shut up" I replied as i walked back to my bed. "I've been closer to getting caught, WE"VE been closer to getting caught" i said in a harsh tone. Katherine's eyes looked down and she nodded. "We'll we have a big day tomorrow" she chirped "Goodnight Olivia". I laid down in my bed "Night".

12 hours later

"HOMERUN!" our coach yelled as i slid across 4th base. Our whole team cheered, i stood up and ran up to them. "Guys we are going to Vancouver for provincials!" I chirped "We are the best indian school in the whole province!". "I cant wait to go!" said Katherine, "Its HUGE there", the coach came over to me "Good job Olivia!" he yelled and hugged me. then Riley came down from the halls and walked towards me "Olivia, Principal Charles needs to see you in his office", "okay!" i said still super pumped "bye Katherine, see you later!".

"I ran down the hall to the office when i turned corners i bumped into a little boy, "Sorry!" i said. He glared at me, he had a name tag on his chest that read "Willy", i guess its his name. He kept glaring and it was pretty awkward so i kept walking "tough crowd today.." I thought.

I walked into the office and the opened the doors into the principals office, it was a very sober setting. "Hi Olivia.." He trailed off "Close the door." I closed it nervously and sat down. "i'm sorry to announce i have a note from your parents its not in english but a tradesmen coming here knew the language". "Whats wrong?" i said "Are they okay?". "there fine, but you might not be after reading it, here have a look for yourself".

I dont remember my native language very much anymore since i only see my parents for two months in the summer and then i come back here for the other 10 months. I pick up the note and can only understand a couple key words; this is what i could understand; We. Cant. You. Stay. There.

It only took 5 words to understand what my parents were saying, i wasn't coming home. 'There is too much ice in Haida Gwaii this spring, you aren't going home until the summer in two years." I felt my eyes water up, i cant stay here. "Your parents don't want you" Principal Charles retorted "but we do, I do". He got up and moved towards me putting his hand on my shoulder. "i want you.." he said again.

He was acting weird so i moved to the other side of the chair this was too much, before i knew it he lifted me up and pushed me against the door holding onto my waist. "Olivia.. you have such beautiful hair.."

He put his hand into my baseball shorts and started kissing me, I didn't want to move away; i was too scared. He then moved his hand down into my underwear, i gathered up the courage and pushed him off of me. "Don't touch me" I whimpered, he growled at me and backhanded me across the face. I fell onto another desk and then onto the ground and began crying, i felt a powerful sting on my face.

"You do NOT talk to your principal like that!" he screamed "ill teach you little twat a lesson about manners and respect" he grabbed the whip on his desk and talked towards me with it. "No.. Please!" I cried.

Suddenly the door swung open and i looked and saw one of the workers at the school, Andrew. "Mr.Royse!" He yelled "There's kids eating each other outside, like Sister Nicole said last night! i managed to get some of them to saftey". Principal Charles remained calm and went over to the microphone and turned it on and yelled. "ALL BOYS AND GIRLS GO INTO YOUR DORMITORIES NOW! YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT IF NOT THERE IN 3 MINUTES!" he turned it off and ran out the door with Andrew.

I pushed myself up and left the room into the office, "Nick.." I whispered "He must be so scared, i have to find him" I ran out the office and saw complete chaos. Everyone was running and falling over because of the amount of people running and screaming.

A boy tripped and grabbed onto a girls leg so he wouldn't suffocate. She turned around and kicked him in the head. Another girl was picked up and bite in the neck by a boy, she fell to the ground screaming for help. I couldnt get to her.

"What the hell..." I thought. I ran for the boys dormitories. Nick is so small he might have fallen over. "NICK!!!" I yelled "NICHOLAS!!!". A boy who was much bigger than me named Zack pushed me over and i fell in between his legs.

I was stepped on in the back by another boy and then another. "HELP!!" I screamed "I CANT BREATHE PLEASE HELP!" someone managed to grab my hand and pull me out in time. "C'mon i got you" I turned around it was Riley, "WE GOTTA GO!" she yelled and we ran to the girls dormitories.

After going to the girls dormitories we went into our room and the door was locked 10 seconds later, by a nun. there was 13 other girls in the room, and Katherine. "Katherine!" I yelled and ran over to her and hugged her tight. "Thank god you're all right" I said.

"No hug for me?" joked Riley "I mean... i did just save your life." I turned around and hugged her "Thank you" i said, "No problem." She hugged back. "Enough with the hugging" a girl yelled "We need to get out of here!"

"Are you kidding, we are safe from those things in here!" exclaimed Katherine "The door is made of strong wood"

"But for how long are we safe?" replied Riley "We have no food, and no water"

Katherine glared at her and replied "Well, the nuns will bring us food and water if this isn't resolved quickly, Sister Nicole is very nice-"

"SISTER NICOLE MAYBE DEAD!" yelled Riley "DID ANYONE ELSE SEE STUDENTS AND NUNS BEING EATEN?" most of us nodded, including me.

Katherine looked at me "Come on Olivia, staying here is the smartest choice, we will end up dead out there!"

"Shes wrong" Said Riley "We cant stay in here, we have no food and no water, we have to break the door down now. Are you with me Olivia?"

Vote Here for which Choice: http://strawpoll.me/embed_1/1873031

• Team Riley

The Walking North Episode 1 Chapter 1 'Taken' I woke up. I hate this, i can never sleep in these itchy beds. I have a big baseball gam

• This took me 4 hours to write, because i wrote it all and then deleted all of it. And then re write it all. But it was fun :) Hope you guys like it.

The Walking North Episode 1 Chapter 1 'Taken' I woke up. I hate this, i can never sleep in these itchy beds. I have a big baseball gam

• edited June 2014

Pretty good :D

This took me 4 hours to write, because i wrote it all and then deleted all of it. And then re write it all. But it was fun Hope you guys like it.

• Thank you! :D i hope to be improving.

Pretty good

• It's really good so far.

• I hope she finds her brother.

• Alt text

I hate when that happens. It's like, "Aw yes I'm done!" and then instant panic and denial haha. Great chapter btw!

This took me 4 hours to write, because i wrote it all and then deleted all of it. And then re write it all. But it was fun Hope you guys like it.

• I stared at the screen in silence for about 15 seconds telling my self that didnt just happen.

Team_Purple posted: »

I hate when that happens. It's like, "Aw yes I'm done!" and then instant panic and denial haha. Great chapter btw!

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2014

Riley über alles!

Fair warning: She might be evil, I kinda forget. I was a bit drunk when I wrote her (originally his) bio.

Team Riley

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2014

Good first chapter!

A bit of constructive criticism: You should break up dialogue by starting a new line whenever the speaker changes. Here's an example.

I was stepped on in the back by another boy and then another. "HELP!!" I screamed "I CANT BREATHE PLEASE HELP!" someone managed to grab my hand and pull me out in time. "C'mon i got you" I turned around it was Riley, "WE GOTTA GO!" she yelled and we ran to the girls dormitories.

Should be written...

I was stepped on in the back by another boy and then another.

"HELP!!" I screamed "I CANT BREATHE PLEASE HELP!" someone managed to grab my hand and pull me out in time.

"C'mon i got you" I turned around it was Riley, "WE GOTTA GO!" she yelled and we ran to the girls dormitories.

• Oh, okay. Thanks i will do that. :)

Good first chapter! A bit of constructive criticism: You should break up dialogue by starting a new line whenever the speaker changes. H

• you pretty much said riley was a badass criminal, but doesnt like abuse.

Riley über alles! Fair warning: She might be evil, I kinda forget. I was a bit drunk when I wrote her (originally his) bio.

• personally i agree with Katherine

• Right now 25% agree with her.

#TeamSarah posted: »

personally i agree with Katherine

• Really I thought more would pick Katherine.

Right now 25% agree with her.

• Oh yeah! Now I remember. Somewhere between axe-crazy nutcase and puckish rogue. Basically the inverse of my other character (Manny) in TinyCarlos' fic.

you pretty much said riley was a badass criminal, but doesnt like abuse.

• She's a lot of fun to write. And seems to be pretty popular.

Oh yeah! Now I remember. Somewhere between axe-crazy nutcase and puckish rogue. Basically the inverse of my other character (Manny) in TinyCarlos' fic.

• That son of a... Fucking principal.

• The worst thing about that is, I know a lady who went to residental school and I based it off what happened to her but tweaked it a little.

Pipas posted: »

That son of a... Fucking principal.

• Okay no more voting, starting part 2 now.

• edited June 2014

The Walking North, Episode 1, Part 2 'taken' [Agree with Riley, you and 70% of readers choose to agree with Riley]

"Katherine, its the only option" I say "I'm sorry"

Katherine looks at me with a saddened expression and then coughed up some words in anger "Fine, get us all fucking killed!" she raises her voice "What if theres a person on the other side!"

"Come on" Riley grabbed me by the hand and we headed towards the door, 8 other girls followed. The remaining stayed with Katherine.

I turned away from them looking at the door, hearing screaming noises and growling noises once in awhile.

"Okay we need force to break the door down, if 5 of us kick it repeatedly, it should fall down" says Riley "These doors are strong but old, you 3 girls, sit out" the 3 girls nodded.

"Lets do this" Riley says smiling, i nod slowly. We walk up to the door and kick it, it takes only two kicks from all off us and it slowly falls.

BAM!

The door slammed on the ground right on top of a girl. Riley jumps over the broken door

"Are you okay?!?" I ask

"ugh... im fine" The girl moans as shes getting out.

"Hi i'm Elizabeth" she smiles, "Hi" i say "how did you l-"

then she screams "WATCH OUT" and i look up.

I see what was once a nun, she has blood all over her and her clothing is ripped, half of her face is open. I scream and fall backwards.

Riley runs up and kicks it in the head and it hits the wall and falls over making a slight moaning noise laying there.

Theres a ton of them behind her and they are walking towards us. Before them is a group of kids running and then i can see Sister Nicole.

She runs up to up to us "Are you guys okay" she says covered in blood, i nod. "EVERYONE OUT NOW!!" i notice when she says this one of the things limps at her grabbing Sister Nicole.

"AAHHH!!!" she screams as one of them bites into her neck.

"Sister Nicole?!?" Me and Katherine yell. Katherine is now standing where the door was

She grabs the cross on her necklace and jabs it where its eye was. It moans in pain letting her go.

"Please god" she cries "Save these children, Olivia and Riley. Get everyone out of here. Go out of the school and head for Vancouver its safe there! Now go!"

"We gotta go!" Says Riley.

Katherine grabs Elizabeth they get up, all the other girls follow.

"We need to go the cafeteria" Says Riley "We need knives and stuff"

"But i need to find my brother Nick!" I exclaim.

"Okay.." Riley says in kind rough tone "You and Katherine find him. Me and Elizabeth and all the other girls will get knives."

I run for the boys dormitories, there was less of them things on this side of the school, it was mostly scared students.

"Don't fall" I say to Katherine "Crowd crush." She nods.

"Do you know what room he's in?" She asks.

"Course not, we aren't allowed to see our siblings. Remember?" I sharply say, she just nods.

"Olivia!!, OLIVIA?!? Is that you?!!?" the taller boy named Zack came up to me.

"Do you know where my brother is?!?" I say, he nods. He grabs my hand and i grab on tightly pushing past a ton of boys, i made sure to grab onto Katherine so she didn't fall behind"

We entered one of the boys classroom he was in there with 3 other boys.

"NICK!!" I yelled grabbing him and hugging him tightly "I've missed you so much" I cry.

"Olivia, thanks for finding me." He says smiling so brightly.

"It was the right thing to do" i say and Katherine rolls her eyes.

"I miss you so much!" i chirp

"This is Willy." says Nick showing me the rest of the boys in the room. Willy looked a little bit older than Nick we was tiny with straight light brown hair.

"Hi." I say remembering him from our awkward encounter we had.

He just smiles at me.

"And I'm Zack" says the tall guy who looks about 18.

"This is Barton and Carson"

"Hi" they both say.

Katherine walks up "This isn't the time" she glares at me "Lets go to the cafeteria, we are getting weapons there"

We hear gun shots outside and loud screaming and a man saying "YOURE ALL DEMONS, GO TO HELL!"

Riley rammed through the door with Elizabeth.

"Get down!" Riley whispers loudly

I slowly crawl up to where she was beside Elizabeth.

"Wheres everyone else?" i suspiciously asked

"They have male workers out there, not letting kids leave. They just fucking shot up some of them! The rest either got lost in the crowd or were grabbed by them" She whispers "We gotta get out of here, they're saying we are all demons. Its crazy"

I nod and stand up and walk to the door and stand in front of everyone "Okay guys lets-"

"Nobody is fucking leaving!" a voice yells and I'm grabbed and then I'm pushed onto one of the workers shoulders, his name is Nolan. He's a really nervous guy.

"Im shooting anyone who moves" Nolan says nervously while carrying me away.

"Olivia!" Screams Nick!

i keep trying to break free but i cant he has a tight grip on me.

"Someone do something!" Says Elizabeth

Riley gets up and Nolan shoots at her but misses slighty, She runs up and takes out a knife she got and stabs him right in the arm.

She pulls the knife out and i break lose and fall on the ground.

"AAAHHH!!!! HOLY FUSKADWSTFDF" He screams and falls to the ground. A ton of them things walk towards him as kids run past.

Riley kicks him into the horde of them and they start eating him.

"AAAHHHHHH!!! HELP!!!" He screams

"LETS GO!" She screams as we realize a fire has started and is spreading fast.

She leans down and grabs Nolan's gun before running off.

"Back doors?" I say grabbing onto Nick. He is shaking.

"Yes, we are going to the back doors" Says Riley

"Fire." Says Willy he points to the hallway close to the backdoor.

"We gotta run through it" says Riley and we start running, i hear gun shots and turn around and see Principal Charles.

"KEEP RUNNING!" Yells Carson and all 9 of us run through the hall.

Then, the Principal fires the gun trying to shoot me instead she shoots Nick.

"Nick!" I scream as he falls on the floor letting go of me, he was shot in the leg and he screams in pain.

Then the base from the second floor falls on him and hes buried under the debris.

The dust from the floor that collapsed and the fire smoke makes it impossible to see him

"NICK!!" I cry. No response.

"There's no time Olivia!, he's gone!" Says Riley "We have to go!"

I look up to see Principal Charles limping towards me holding a gun. Aiming it at Zacks Head.

Vote Here: http://strawpoll.me/1882273

• And now, No one can see it..

The Walking North, Episode 1, Part 2 'taken' [Agree with Riley, you and 70% of readers choose to agree with Riley] "Katherine, its the on

• SaveNick

The Walking North, Episode 1, Part 2 'taken' [Agree with Riley, you and 70% of readers choose to agree with Riley] "Katherine, its the on

• Yay :0

SaveNick

Sign in to comment in this discussion.