Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• This evening?

I CAN'T HANDLE THE HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

The voting is closed! Gregory will say that they must give them supplies. New chapter will be this evening. I'm not sure if new episode will start tomorrow, we'll see.

• edited July 2014

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 6/6]

(?) You chose to tell everyone to give them supplies.

"This is too risky to fight them. I've been in two situations before when I could either make a deal, or fight people. I chose to fight them and it didn't end well. We must give them our supplies." I said.

But my words didn't really change anything. They just broke the silence for a few moments, even though it came back. Everyone stared at me and I felt quite uncomfortable. Nobody started to argue or agree with me. They all waited for Samson to answer. I think these people were shocked. Most of them joined the camp before us so they've seen less than we did. Heck, even my friends were kinda scared. I nervously gulped and every memory about the fights came in my head. I had a reason to fight those bandits. I couldn't just abandon these teens. Even though it cost us so many lives. But back on the gas station? I was selfish. I killed my four friends at once. And it all happened just because we wanted to have our lives, the RV and some gasoline at once. And it turned worse than we thought. I killed them because I thought that we were powerful, we were almighty. But we weren't. I couldn't make the same mistake again. I couldn't sacrifice my girlfriend now. That's the reason why we must give them our supplies. Let's just hope that they're not lying.

"It's a very hard decision to make it that fast. They gave us three days. Of course, I'm not telling you that we should think about this all three days. But few hours will be enough. Try not to interrupt me while I do it. And don't be too nervous. There are no problems we can't solve." Samson spoke quietly.

I was really impressed how he was so calm right now. And I wasn't. I hardly resisted myself from biting my thumb again. I realized that missed that moment when I got a nervous twitch. Thank god I'm not so hotheaded and I don't scream in anger now. I must keep myself cool. Everything will be alright, Gregory. Just think about it. Everything will be alright. The crowd parted in front of Samson and he walked away. Right after this a loud hubbub and chatter surrounded me. Everyone talked about this event but I couldn't tell what exactly they said because everything blurred into one. I felt sick. I definitely needed a glass of water and some time alone. I felt how Kami caught my hand and got me out of the crowd. By that moment it already started to resolve. I took a deep breath and stared to the ground. Kami looked at me with sympathy.

"I'm awfully sorry. I hope everything will come out alright. Don't worry, she'll be fine. I know how it is, when you don't know about the fate of someone who means much for you." she said. I looked at her.

"Really? You never told me something about this. Sorry if it's an offensive question." I replied.

"No, it's not. But I'll give you a stupid answer, so just forget about it." she murmured.

"Go ahead, there's nothing I can laugh at right now." I told her.

"Before the apocalypse, my family died in a fire. I almost did it too but there's one guy that saved me from there. He just grabbed me and got me out. I don't know his name, I don't even know who he is. All I remember is his bright blue eyes. I know that it sounds very stupid. I mean, I don't know anything about him but I still care about him. I think he's just like a prince that girls are thinking about. He'll always remain my dream. I just hope I'll get over him soon. I hope." she spoke.

I wanted to say something but I saw how Kami stares somewhere behind me. I turned around and saw how Gina, Ophelia, Anthony and Jacob wee approaching us. They were scared too. I can't even imagine what they've been through. But why didn't they warn us? Why they never spoke about Peter as such a bad man and let us visit his camp? It could've been different. Tess could've been here, safe and sound. But they didn't do it and now it's like it. Jesus, why do I even blame them? This is a very ridiculous thing to do right now. It's nobody's fault. Don't even think about it. I tried to make my face look better. Being a grumpy cat right now won't be polite towards them. I'll do what I want when I'll be alone. Now I should at least be a normal interlocutor.

"We're sorry. We didn't know that... something like this could've happened..." worryingly said Jacob.

"Stop it, it's not your fault. We shouldn't blame anyone. We should focus on helping them." I said.

"You're right. I hope everything will be find. But I'm sure that if Peter came to get our supplies once, he'll come again. I'm not sure what we can do when it will happen." Gina answered.

"Let's focus on what's happening at the moment. We'll think about it later." I replied.

Everyone nodded in agreement. I glanced around. It was such an awkward conversation. I just wanted to disappear right now and find myself somewhere far away from here. But leaving all these problems, especially when lives of Tess and my friends are at stake? I can't run away from it. This is our responsibility and we should do something. I looked in the windows of Samson's office but I couldn't see anything. Well, at least he's analyzing the situation right now. He'll make the right decision, I know it. I'm no leader here. My decisions aren't final. But Samson listens to me and I feel flattered sometimes. It makes me think that I'm important. But right now it doesn't make me think about anything because Peter's camp is on my mind. I sighed. I need to go and rest. I quickly informed everyone that I should go and I walked away. On my way I only turned around once - to see how Devyn, Eren, Duke, Mike, Travis and Matthew went to talk with the others. Ophelia and Duke went to talk privately. I grinned. At least someone is happy here.

I briskly walked to the housing and climbed up the stairs. Even though all people already wandered around the camp, it was empty here. That's probably for the best. I opened the door if my room and rushed in. I locked the door just to make sure no one will interrupt me. After that I grabbed a flask with water and greedily made a few big gulps. I don't know why but I started to feel even worse. I walked to the sink, turned it on and splashed some cold ass water on my face. I'm not sure if it made me feel soberly. Maybe it didn't. Maybe it did. I raised my head and looked at my pathetic wet face in the mirror.

It will all be fine, right? Right?

[YOUR CHOICES]

Sobriety - You said that visiting another community is risky.

Trust - You let Tess volunteer as a searcher.

Impolicy - You told Ophelia about Duke's feelings.

Nervousness - You started panicking immediately.

Submission - You chose to tell everyone to give their supplies.

This hype.

Cannot handle...

Alt text

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 6/6] (?) You chose to tell everyone to give them supplies. "This is too risky to fight them. I've be

• edited July 2014

NEXT TIME ON THE BRAVE NEW WORLD

I stood right next to the car and looked at the big building. These guys definitely have no worse community than we do. I looked at the giant box with supplies and sighed. I couldn't believe that we're giving all of this up. Perhaps there's another way?

Suddenly, I heard strange white noise. I turned around and saw that the walkie-talkies are turned on. It's them! They can talk with us! I rushed to them, quickly grabbing them. The signal was very good and I could her what they're saying.

"Greg? Mike? Duke? Are you here?" I heard Ante's voice.

"Yes, we're here! We're here!" I tried to say as quietly as I could, even though I was very happy. "Where's Tess?"

"You are strong people who are following a boneless old man. Giving all your supplies to strangers like coward dogs - is this your fate? Why do you let him control yourself? Why do you submit to him? You could've been here. You could've been with us. You could've been free. Let me guess, you're dreaming about being the boss here, right? I bet you're a reliant fella. But you're wasting your potential here." Peter spoke.

I bit my lips in fright. He was right. I wanted to be the boss. But after his speech it only made me scared. I didn't want to be with him. I knew that he might give me more than I had in Willowdale. But my selfishness will only get me and my friends killed. I crossed my hands in my chest.

"The fuck we will join you." I frowned.

"Oh, stupid young boy. You'll never understand." he grinned.

I helplessly shakes the grille but it didn't yield. I still wasted my time and my strength to do this. I couldn't believe it. We were trapped in here. Trapped like monkeys in a cage. I cried an anger while everyone were still pretty shaken. But I suddenly saw her passing by. There it is. She's our chance! Right in that moment she noticed us and ran to out trap. She looked as shocked as we were.

"Oh god, you were caught!" we heard a gasp.

"Come on, help us getting out!" I said.

"But... I don't know... They can see me..." she said nervously.

"Please, help! For... For us!" someone behind me begged.

But she slowly became calmer and calmer. She didn't say anything. Corners of her mouth turned up and a big, sarcastic grin appeared on her face. I couldn't believe what I saw. A loud, evil laugh came from her mouth as we looked at her, scared and confused. I tried to say something, but I didn't know what. I didn't even understand what is going on.

But a sudden realization came when the lights turned on and I saw Peter and his crew standing right behind her.

EPISODE 4 - THE BATTLE CRY

• edited July 2014

Suddenly, I heard strange white noise.

Greg is amazing. He knows what colours do sounds have, lel.

I wonder who 'she' is. The hype, man. If it's Tess, I'll ragequit

NEXT TIME ON THE BRAVE NEW WORLD I stood right next to the car and looked at the big building. These guys definitely have no worse commun

• Life's life, sometimes you just have to shove a burnt garlic into it's face.

Crips posted: »

Suddenly, I heard strange white noise. Greg is amazing. He knows what colours do sounds have, lel. I wonder who 'she' is. The hype, man. If it's Tess, I'll ragequit

• What if that one teen that made it out/unknown is actually alive living in Peters camp? I think Megan is her name. I don't know, I've got a feeling my character is gonna be introduced as part of Peters camp.

NEXT TIME ON THE BRAVE NEW WORLD I stood right next to the car and looked at the big building. These guys definitely have no worse commun

• Wait, you don't know what "white noise" is?

Suddenly, I heard strange white noise. Greg is amazing. He knows what colours do sounds have, lel. I wonder who 'she' is. The hype, man. If it's Tess, I'll ragequit

• edited July 2014

Actually, there will be an unknown character, but it won't be a teen. And yes, everyone else will be the part of the camp. But it doesn't mean that they all will be villains.

P.S. 1000th COMMENT!!!

TWD_25 posted: »

What if that one teen that made it out/unknown is actually alive living in Peters camp? I think Megan is her name. I don't know, I've got a feeling my character is gonna be introduced as part of Peters camp.

• I'm home right now, it means that I finally got my PC, it means that I can write new chapters and it means that starting from tomorrow there will be 2 chapters a day. YAY!

Sadly, today will be only one chapter, because I'll spend my time FINALLY playing Cry Wolf. So yeah, the start of the episode will be this evening. Hopefully.

• Cry Wolf is awesome, so good luck playing it.

I'm home right now, it means that I finally got my PC, it means that I can write new chapters and it means that starting from tomorrow there

• Thank you! I already finished it and I'm like "OMG 10/10 GOTY I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY MONITOR BUT NOTHING HAPPENS".

And yeah, bad news - no chapter today. I'm awfully sorry! But tomorrow there will be two or even three chapters, I promise.

Cry Wolf is awesome, so good luck playing it.

• Believe me the wait is worth it, the story's getting intense i'm impressed

Alt text

Thank you! I already finished it and I'm like "OMG 10/10 GOTY I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY MONITOR BUT NOTHING HAPPENS". And yeah, bad news - no chapter today. I'm awfully sorry! But tomorrow there will be two or even three chapters, I promise.

• Sent one in. Better catch up in the morning, what I've read so far is absolutely amazing. x)

• Thank you! I've seen your character. But I'm too lazy to edit the list :/

Sent one in. Better catch up in the morning, what I've read so far is absolutely amazing. x)

• Alt text

We = Fanfiction writers

Thank you! I've seen your character. But I'm too lazy to edit the list

• Yeah. I'm so lazy that I'll post only one chapter today. OH GOD WHY

We = Fanfiction writers

• Haha, we all have those days.

Yeah. I'm so lazy that I'll post only one chapter today. OH GOD WHY

• The truth has been spoken!

We = Fanfiction writers

• Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 1/6]

1 day later

A lied back on the soft car seat. I heard a loud rumble of the boxes filled with tools, food and medicaments. You can't imagine how hard it was to give almost everything we have. Well, we didn't really give everything. We tried to keep enough stuff we need but at the same time give them enough things they will be satisfied with. It's good that they didn't control our collecting. But there's never enough supplies in the apocalypse. I nervously bit my thumb while I looked at the rear mirror and watched how they get everything in the trunk. Oh God, I just hope we won't starve after all this. It's all for the safety of our group. But what kind of safety it is if we're short on everything? It worths it. It must worth it. I looked forward and saw Mike sitting in the driver seat. In a few seconds, Travis, Duke and Kami sat next to me. I still can't understand why she went with us. But she is a crack shot so we didn't really protest. We even got some weapons in case of something.

"Ya'll ready?" asked Mike. Everyone nodded, including me. "Great then. Now let's hit the road just because we must give everything we had and suck some dicks."

"This is something we must do. Those guys aren't stupid, they can easily kill them or even us. So don't complain." Kami answered.

Mike didn't say anything. He just started the car and we drove forward. Jacob said that the road probably won't take that long on the car. I'm glad that we have cars. These guys had a hard time walking away from Peter on their legs. It's awfully difficult. But at least they're safe here now. I just hope Peter won't be such a problem after we trade with him. I mean, who knows? He can ask for more supplies later. Let's pretend that we don't worry about it. I sighed and looked in the window. Everything was silent. I only heard moans of creepers wandering outside and the hum of the motor. We passed a lot of monsters on our road but they were too slow to catch the car, even though they were easily attracted by it. I looked up at the sky. It was all grey and overcasted with clouds. It was always sunny before and now it's probably will rain soon. Man, I miss the weather forecast. At least we knew something about tomorrow. And now? We're not controlling anything anymore. The gloomy sky made the situation even darker. I started to notice how environment affects my mood. Everyone looked disturbed but no one tried to defuse the situation. Dark clouds, a tranquil chaking of the car, silence and quiet interference and noise coming from the radio. No news, no music from it. I just realized that I got used it. Even though before I couldn't ride the car without the incidental music. Before this the calmness was like the balm for the soul. And now it was something very common. And it only scared me. Noise meant life. But now it meant the life that raised everyone from their graves. I looked at everyone else and saw that Travis was about to say something. Well, let's hope it's something relevant. He humped Duke with his elbow. Duke turned to him.

"Ophelia." Travis said.

"Um.. What?" Duke asked.

"Ophelia and Duke sitting in a tree, KISSI-" Travis sang unless Duke interrupted him with a painfull backslap. A clatter of his hand hitting Travis' nape was loud. I shivered. Kami tried to keep herself from laughing and I saw Mike's grin through the rear mirror. "Ouch! What's that for?"

"For you being a dick." he murmured.

"Why dick? I'm just preaching the truth. First come love, then comes marriage, the comes baby in a baby carriage!" Travis continued.

"I'm not enough nuts to marry and have a child in the apocalypse." Duke replied.

"So, the love stage is already in? I KNEW IT!" Travis laughed.

Kami laughed with him. I even heard a small giggle from Mike. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I don't know if they're fighting for real or it's just some friends stuff. Whatever it is, it's just getting embarassing sometimes. But after this, everyone calmed down. I only heard how they whispered between eachother. I wiggled on my seat. We sat tightly to eachother because there wasn't much space in the car. I wonder how we even all fit in. Kami's hips pressed me to the car's door and my face sticked to the window. Well, thank you! I just hope it won't take long anymore. In a minute I saw a big building behind the wods. Soon we git turned right and got on a clean road so we could see the full territory of the camp. At least from the front. The car stopped and we all got out. We grabbed our guns in case of something. Duke, Mike and Travis opened the trunk and started to carry away the boxes. Kami helped them. And I just stared somewhere forward and nervously rubbed the walkie-talkies that still was on my belt.

My friends are out there. Tess is out there. But soon they'll get back and everything will be fine. It has to be. I raised my eyes and looked at the gates of the camp. These guys definitely didn't live worse than we did. How can they come to such life? I don't think all of them are such tyrants. Perhaps they're just afraid of Peter. But Gina and her friends didn't talk about him as an awful person. Duh, I shouldn't build theories before I find out something. A hubbub behing told me that these guys are almost done. I was about to turn around and help them carry everything they need.

When suddenly, I heard strange noise coming from somewhere down here. I looked down and saw that the walkie-talkies are turned on. It's them! They can talk with us! I quickly grabbed them. I was awfully excited, awfully happy and awfully worried. The signal was very good and I could hear what they're saying. After some strange noise in the background I finally could recognize one of them talking. But that's weird. I thought they were separated from the walkie-talkies. How did they get them?

"Greg? Mike? Duke? Are you here?" I heard Ante's voice.

"Yes, we're here! We're here!" I tried to say as quietly as I could, even though I was very happy. "Where's Tess?"

"She's here. But I can't pass her the radio because we must keep quiet. Dude, we're running away. We got some meelee weapons from the guards after we killed them and sneaked out to the walkie-talkies. You don't have to act like slaves and bring everything to them. I hope you have weapons with you? If you'll help us, we can win!" he spoke.

"Are you serious? This is dangerous." I disagreed.

"Living right now is already dangerous! What's the point in acting like babies and wait for help? This idea is good. No one haven't seen us yet. Everything's perfect!" he said. Suddenly, I heard noise in the background again. Unknown mumbles came from the radio, but I haven't heard Tess' voice. "Shit, man, we must go. We'll wait for you by the rear exit!"

["No, just surrender! You'll only kill yourselves!"] or ["Don't worry, we have your back."]

• ["Don't worry, we have your back."]

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 1/6] 1 day later A lied back on the soft car seat. I heard a loud rumble of the boxes filled with too

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 1/6] 1 day later A lied back on the soft car seat. I heard a loud rumble of the boxes filled with too

• edited July 2014

I got a bad feeling about this.

["No, just surrender! You'll only kill yourselves!'']

I hope that the watermelons doesn't like the ocean.

• I noticed some letters in this chapter that needed to be changed stellar chapter though ["Don't worry, we have your back."]

• ["Don't worry, we have your back."] something smell fishy... they are lying !!!

• The voting is closed! Gregory will help them escape. New chapter will be soon. SOONER THAN YOU THINK!

Alt text

• edited July 2014

Doublepost :/

• Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 2/6]

(?) You chose to help them escape.

"Don't worry, we have your back. I'll inform the others. Go!" I said.

I only heard unknown noises from the walkie-talkies. I quickly turned them off and attached them to my belt. I hope it will work out. It's a big profit for us. We must give it a try. I looked at my watch. It was only 9:55 am. It means that we have five minutes before Peter's guards should meet us. I turned around and ran to everyone else. They were ready to give back the boxes with supplies. But I raised up my hand and showed them that they must stop. Everyone gave me a confused look. I quickly told them everything about the escape plan and grabbed the gun. They were dazed at first, but once they understood everything, they grabbed weapons. Kami admitted that it's risky but we knew it was the best plan. We sat in the car in drove over the territory, trying to find the rear exit. Their barricades were tall so they didn't notice us. I think so, at least. Mike parked the car in the bushes so no one could see it.

I grabbed the walkie-talkies, but Ante didn't answer. They probably were busy. I hope they're not in trouble. I need to communicate with them from time to time. But I decided to focus on what we're doing now. I nodded to everyone and we sneaked in. The rear exit was guarded by two people. They both looked in their thirties. The man grey hair and bright blue eyes. He was quite a muscular guy. I could see a tattoo on his wrist, even though I couldn't see what it portrayed. He wore jeans and dark blue t-shirt. The woman was tall and athletic, with long brown hair and hazel eyes. She wore brown jacket with a navy undershirt, black tight jeans, black army boots. They both held rifles, just like the ones that Peter's guard had. Seems like this guy applied some serious safety measures. We hid around the corner and listened to the guards' conversation.

"I can't believe I'm doing this work. Peter saved my life. I know that I owe him, but... I just can't live under his pressure." the man said.

"At least we have more privileges than others do, even though our job is not that honorable. Look on the bright side, Raymond. We have more than anyone else can afford us. Peter deserves respect. He must've been through a lot and it changed him. His methods aren't so dyplomatical. But there's no other place we can live in. That's the best we got." woman replied.

"Yeah, Ariela, probably." Raymond murmured.

I tapped Mike on the shoulder and he gave me the hatchet he had been taking with him for last few days. I heard he found it while one of the searchs. But we didn't plan to kill these people with it. We just wanted to knock them off. I raised tha hatchet in the air and jumped out of the corner. Before Raymond could react to me, I bashed the hatchet handle in his face two times and he fell down on the floot, unconscious. Ariella pointed her rifle at me but it jammed. In a few seconds she somehow fixed it and triied to shoot me but it bought me some time. I hitted her too and she passed out. We grabbed them and quickly dragged them to the corner of the small room where the rear exit led. I gave the hatchet back to Mike and grabbed the rifle. We didn't plan to kill anyone, but I should have it in case of something. Duke got the other one.

The only door in the room wasn't locked. I looked at it through the keyhole but it was hard to see something. I only saw a row of white shelves with something. But I surely knew that no one is in there. I slowly opened the door and it succumbed with a quiet creek. When we walked in, I saw that there were medicaments on the shelves. This place looked quiet rich for medicine. We didn't have as nearly as they did. But that's not waht should bother us now. We walked forward until we saw the left turn and took it. I almost dropped my rifle with my jaw and abruotly stopped, making everyone bump into me. A big smile on my face appeared when I saw all of our friends being safe and sound. And the most important thing - I saw Tess. Now I dropped the rifle for real and ran to Tess, embracing her. Once my lips touched hers, I felt that I'm the happiest man in the universe.

"I thought something happened to you." I whispered. Tess smiled.

"I'm happy to see you all, and especially you, Gregory." said Steve with sarcasm. "But there's no time for it. We must go, NOW."

"What's going on here?" I heard a woman's voice.

We turned back and saw a girl in her early mid twenties. She was quite tall, with short-medium lenght hair with a brown color and hazel eyes a little slanting and narrow. But one thing emphasized her - her big pregnant belly. She was about 8 months pregnant for sure. I never saw pregnant woman before in the apocalypse, probably because no one is so risky to have a baby in such time. But if I got her term of pregnancy right, she probably got pregnant shortly before the apocalypse. Then I felt very bad for her. But I hope that my sympathy for her is justified beacuse she just busted us while we are escaping and she can easily tell everyone else that we're getting out. She looked quite surprised and so did our friends.

"Well, Clara, we... Uh... Goddamnit, we're escaping. There's no other way to explain it." said Ivan. He turned to us. "Clara is the nurse of the camp. She helped us when we were in prison. She brought us a lot of useful stuff."

"Please, take me with you! I want to leave this god forsaken place. We must get out of here before Matthew can spot us. Don't leave me behind after all I've done to you!" she begged.

I was nervous. I couldn't leave poor pregnant girl here if she doesn't want it. But at the same time, even if it sounds so cynical, she can apply the brakes of our plan. Or even be kind of a liability. Getting a pregnant woman in our group now will be a very hard decision. What if under a lack of stress she will untimely give birth? But her sad eyes and her beg woke up the conscience in me.

[Let her go with us] or [Leave her here].

• edited July 2014

[Let her go with us]

Leaving her behind could be even more dangerous as she could alarm the guards. As long as she doesn't give birth during the escape it's fine.

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to help them escape. "Don't worry, we have your back. I'll inform the others. Go!"

• [Let her go with us]

[Let her go with us] Leaving her behind could be even more dangerous as she could alarm the guards. As long as she doesn't give birth during the escape it's fine.

• [Let her go with us.]

I have a pregnant lady in my next chapter too!

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to help them escape. "Don't worry, we have your back. I'll inform the others. Go!"

• [Let her go with us.]

• edited July 2014

[Let her go with us]

• \o/

**[Let her go with us] **

• [Let her go with us]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.