So many fanfictions

2»

Comments

• Alt text

I have one, and even I have to agree that there's too many now, lol. Like all of sudden they got popular and almost everyday a new one is made. I don't mind them though, it makes the wait for the next episode of TWDG easier.

• Who submitted that character and the idea of the juvenile detention center place then?

...I'm confused now.

The first one I submitted died. The second is in the story. I didn't submit a third yet, but I will when I die.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Not for me. I just had to be the one to hate anything related to Fan Fictions.

I have one, and even I have to agree that there's too many now, lol. Like all of sudden they got popular and almost everyday a new one is made. I don't mind them though, it makes the wait for the next episode of TWDG easier.

• It wasn't me....

Zyphon posted: »

Who submitted that character and the idea of the juvenile detention center place then? ...I'm confused now.

• Yeah I think mine was one of the few whom started the trend.
    I don't know...the number is becoming really high...

• edited June 2014

using your own characters in a separate story, though those still drive me insane.

...Isn't that pretty much what Telltale did with the Walking Dead, though? Telltale writers are little more than legitimized fanfic authors when you think about it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ya, those are the ones I hate the most. Those get under my skin more than using your own characters in a separate story, though those still drive me insane.

The only time I accept those is when companies get permission to do that from the guy who created it. It's like when a TV show is cancelled and another station picks it up. As long as it's accepted cannon, legitimized by the creator it's OK with me. It's like if someone used my bike without permission, I'd be angry, but if I let them then it's OK with me.

DomeWing333 posted: »

using your own characters in a separate story, though those still drive me insane. ...Isn't that pretty much what Telltale did with

• Well, Telltale actively encourages people to make fanart of their games and the whole point of the Walking Dead game is making choices to change the story presented. So I'd like to think that they're pretty alright with fanfics so long as it doesn't warp the story into some weird bullshit.

dojo32161 posted: »

The only time I accept those is when companies get permission to do that from the guy who created it. It's like when a TV show is cancelled

I guess, but to be honest I also don't really like Fan Art either, but I can tolerate it a lot more.

DomeWing333 posted: »

Well, Telltale actively encourages people to make fanart of their games and the whole point of the Walking Dead game is making choices to ch

• edited June 2014

Oh, it was Sheep, okay then. Nevermind.

It wasn't me....

• Yeah that's not true. In an hour maybe 8 different fan fictions go on the list. But at one moment there's usually about 3 - 4

3-4? I have seen atleast 7-8 of them

• Don't be praising me just yet, I still have to write all of the last part XD I might completely mess up the finale and have you hating my guts.

Alt text

Although, you saying that really means a lot T.T thanks Mark.

Markd4547 posted: »

I remember you your story was one of the best stories I ever read just so beautiful and violent wonderfully written was an honor to have sto

• Fanfictions help to pass the time until E4 and a lot of them are really good but if it bothers people (not including me) that much, they should make a fanfics section.

• Even I agree, I don't think they're overcrowding the forum, but yeehaw, there's a lot of them, I only made mine to pass off the time between EP 3 and EP 4, I think they'll pass off a little when EP 4 comes.

• Ehm, there were interactive fanfics before that.. :)

Markd4547 posted: »

I take some of the blame for this the first decision story thread was Harpar's idea and he came to my thread for advice should he do it etc

• I would rather fanfictions than theories that are really bad like ones about lee being alive or how daryl will come and save the game group or how glenn will magically come back to life and join clementine cause all the good ones have already being said

• True, but right now every theory we can come up with has already been discussed to death, so until Episode 4 or something else comes up we won't have anything to discuss.
    Perhaps Telltale should open a new section in the forum dedicated to fanfics.

I need to apologize. I'm not usually like that but when I feel really strong about my opinions I sound like an A-hole. This is one of the few things I feel strongly about.

No worries.

• I think Telltale should open a section for fanfics, the forum is kind of different, we don't find theories and that stuff now.

• edited June 2014

Not even the fan-fic about continuing upon the end of season 1? Which started as the first fan-fic in november last year!? ; ( That makes me a sad panda...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/1199937#Comment_1199937

Well here are all the fan fictions that I could find, if there are any more reply to this comment with the link. I mean dang... Just so much

• I have a feeling that soon we will get threads complaining about threads complaining about fanfics.

Alt text

• I'm sorry :(. How is it going over there? I haven't checked it in a while.

That_1_Guy posted: »

Not even the fan-fic about continuing upon the end of season 1? Which started as the first fan-fic in november last year!? ; ( That makes me a sad panda... http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/1199937#Comment_1199937

Sign in to comment in this discussion.