Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Here's some high-res Cassandra for Lingvort.

You know it. goes off to change his picture

Pipas posted: »

Remember those cool posters of DA:I companions? Well, now they're available as HD wallpapers! You can download them HERE. Here's some high-res Cassandra for Lingvort.

• I presume it's going to be a casual thing until she sacrifices herself to save you for the 'greater good' or some such thing. I personally don't see the appeal of Cass appearance wise, but her voice actress on the other hand...

Lingvort posted: »

Alas, "it has been confirmed by the developers that the Inquisitor will not be able to marry their romanced companion due to the chaotic sta

• If that's really how it turns out, I'm going to be really disappointed. While it's an interesting turn of events, it has kind of turned cliché, and I don't like clichés much.

So, I'll be crossing my fingers for something more well-written and less stereotypical. But, we'll see.

Katalept posted: »

I presume it's going to be a casual thing until she sacrifices herself to save you for the 'greater good' or some such thing. I personally don't see the appeal of Cass appearance wise, but her voice actress on the other hand...

• edited October 2014

I fully expect some clichés, but I'm more interested in the details, such as how the Inquisitor's sexual orientation will play out (or lack thereof), and how "fully gay" characters will react to your choices on the subject. As an old friend of mine once quipped, "When a man and a woman have sex, it's just sex. But when two women have sex, it's art."

If that's really how it turns out, I'm going to be really disappointed. While it's an interesting turn of events, it has kind of turned clic

• I changed mine too, thanks lol.

Pipas posted: »

Remember those cool posters of DA:I companions? Well, now they're available as HD wallpapers! You can download them HERE. Here's some high-res Cassandra for Lingvort.

• edited October 2014

Her accent is pure sex.

Can't blame you. Leliana is hawt.

• Well, since the orientation is pretty much established only when you start romancing someone, I'd have to wait till I start a romance. However, if there are sexual encounters (or kind of sexual) with some random NPCs, that kind of contradict the established orientation (f.e., a female Lord-Inquisitor romancing Cullen (urgh) goes out of her way to have sex with a barmaid in some tavern they visit), I do expect them to react.

I wish I could "make art" with Cass as a female protagonist...Lol.

Katalept posted: »

I fully expect some clichés, but I'm more interested in the details, such as how the Inquisitor's sexual orientation will play out (or lack

• And her songs... oh, her songs...

Her accent is pure sex.

• I am new to this series and I will be playing Origins soon. Any tips or mod recommendation? ( I love modding.)

• I have... a lot. But, the mods I use are mostly of practical nature (fixes, tweaks, improvements, that sort of thing). I don't use many graphical mods, or mods that add stuff like armor or weapons to the game, so, if you want more of those, you'll have to ask someone else.

Charlieh65 posted: »

I am new to this series and I will be playing Origins soon. Any tips or mod recommendation? ( I love modding.)

• edited October 2014

Guys in the latest twitch stream they've confirmed it's October 29th the keep is going into open beta.

• Oh, they did? I must've missed that. All is good, then. We'll have 20 days to set up our world states.

Guys in the latest twitch stream they've confirmed it's October 29th the keep is going into open beta.

• edited October 2014

Extra Dog Slot, Personal Annoyance Remover, Faster Combat, Adonnay's Weapon Replacer, Grey Wardens of Ferelden.

Those are my essential mods. I have a metric shitton of others, but they're all up to taste really.

I am new to this series and I will be playing Origins soon. Any tips or mod recommendation? ( I love modding.)

• I can't wait!

• I've been using Faster Combat and I've had the Personal Annoyance Remover packed in with the Improved Combat mod.

The last two actually look quite interesting (though, I'm not sure about the DA2 armors in DA:O setting. Maybe the Wardens are supposed to look like poor militiamen, I don't know), especially the Weapon Replacer. I might use them the next time I play the game.

Extra Dog Slot, Personal Annoyance Remover, Faster Combat, Adonnay's Weapon Replacer, Grey Wardens of Ferelden. Those are my essential mods. I have a metric shitton of others, but they're all up to taste really.

• edited October 2014

I dunno, the Grey Warden mod just does a lot for the immersion and consistency. The Wardens were always described as noble warriors wearing bright, shining armour and all that, not 'poor militiamen' - and it doesn't contradict the fact that in DA:O you're just two surviving recruits scraping by. Alistair starts with his basic Grey Warden medium armour, you get one set based on your class after you take the Joining, and then upgraded versions of them can be found at Soldier's Peak, or in a chest Riordan presumably gives you by the end of the game.

Also, decking the whole party out in Warden armour in Awakening is badass.

Alt text

I prefer it with this retexture, as seen above...

I've been using Faster Combat and I've had the Personal Annoyance Remover packed in with the Improved Combat mod. The last two actually l

• edited October 2014

I was talking about the Grey Wardens who are present in the background. They all wear studded leather (with a notable exception of Ser Jory), which is hardly a "bright, shining armor" like in DA2. That's why I call them "poor militiamen". Shortage of armor/metal/blacksmiths much?

By the way, is that your female Dalish Warden?

I dunno, the Grey Warden mod just does a lot for the immersion and consistency. The Wardens were always described as noble warriors wearing

• edited October 2014

Well, that's because Jory and Daveth were still recruits. The mod makes it so you only get the armour once you actually undergo the Joining. Those two, and your Warden for the first half of Ostagar/The Wilds etc, are still wearing whatever generic armour you had on.

By the way, is that your female Dalish Warden?

Yep.

I was talking about the Grey Wardens who are present in the background. They all wear studded leather (with a notable exception of Ser Jory)

• edited October 2014

Noob question. But what is dragon age keep is it like an import system? Where you put your choices from the previous games and can import them into inquisition?

• Pretty much, yeah.

Noob question. But what is dragon age keep is it like an import system? Where you put your choices from the previous games and can import them into inquisition?

• Sweet. That's cool.

Pretty much, yeah.

• Well, that's a nice way to save armor.

"So, we have 4 recruits, eh?"

"Two of them died, m'lord."

"Oh, well, that's a shame... Men, take their armor and weapons and reforge them. We'll need that."

"But... that doesn't feel right, m'lord."

"Lieutenant, who were you before you got conscripted, hmm?"

"Umm, a rapist, sir?"

"Then you aren't the best person to give me moral lessons, don't you think? Now, take these fine boots off of him."

"Sir, yes, sir."

Don't know why I wrote that. Sometimes I'm a bit spontaneous.

P.S: Jory was a knight in service of Arl Eamon. Knowing that many of them wore heavy chainmail and a couple even wore heavy plate begs the question - where is his?

Well, that's because Jory and Daveth were still recruits. The mod makes it so you only get the armour once you actually undergo the Joining.

• Hey Pipas you should add somemore poll questions. I have suggestions. :P

• ...for some reason, that made me realize what I'd never realized before, the Wardens kinda remind me of the Night's Watch. Huh.

Well, that's a nice way to save armor. "So, we have 4 recruits, eh?" "Two of them died, m'lord." "Oh, well, that's a shame... Men,

• Then throw 'em here. Once Pipas gets here, he'll turn them into polls.

Hey Pipas you should add somemore poll questions. I have suggestions. :P

• Yeah, Bioware took a lot of inspiration from Martin's work, in fact. I was going to list what was similar in both the Night's Watch and the Wardens, but I accidentally refreshed the page. Needless to say... "aaaaand it's gone".

...for some reason, that made me realize what I'd never realized before, the Wardens kinda remind me of the Night's Watch. Huh.

• To name a few(will add more if I think of any):

Dragon age origins questions:

What was your favorite or Canon origins story?

Who was your favorite Romance?(might be the same as companion question I'm not sure.)

What was your heroes future plans?

Is Loghain dead or alive for you?

Dragon age inquesition questions:

Will you be playing as male or female?

What do you look most forward to in Inqusitions?(example: gameplay, story, graphics, etc.)

What console will you be playing on?

Ok thats all I can think of for now. I will add dragon age 2 questions once I finish the game or think of some.

Then throw 'em here. Once Pipas gets here, he'll turn them into polls.

• edited October 2014

I can answer those.

My favourite origins are (pretty much a tie) Human and Dwarf Noble origins. And there's no pre-established canon for me, the canon changes depending on what playthrough I import, or, rather, what world state I make.

My favourite romances are Leliana and Alistair (yeah, a tie, again).

Not sure what do you mean with this question.

Depends on a playthrough. In my most recent ones, yes, especially for male Human Noble. I usually marry Anora in that case.

Male Kossith.

Story, characters, dialogue. Never really cared that much for the gameplay, as it is hardly this series' gem. Hell, I'll confess, in my latest playthroughs I've cheated my stats from minute one.

No consoles. PC master race.

To name a few(will add more if I think of any): Dragon age origins questions: What was your favorite or Canon origins story? Who wa

• Nice. And heroes future is basically what did he/she plan to do at the end of the game?(explore, stay in denerim, find morrigan, etc.)

I can answer those. My favourite origins are (pretty much a tie) Human and Dwarf Noble origins. And there's no pre-established canon for

• And I guess Couslands = The Starks and Howes = The Boltons.

Hmm...

Yeah, Bioware took a lot of inspiration from Martin's work, in fact. I was going to list what was similar in both the Night's Watch and the Wardens, but I accidentally refreshed the page. Needless to say... "aaaaand it's gone".

• Ah, that. In case if I play as Human Noble, I usually stay with my spouse (either Anora or Alistair), in other cases my PC travels with Sten.

Nice. And heroes future is basically what did he/she plan to do at the end of the game?(explore, stay in denerim, find morrigan, etc.)

• edited October 2014

I'll throw my lot in too...

What was your favorite or Canon origins story?

My Dalish Warden is my canon Warden. I've played all the Origins though, so the ones I'd say I enjoyed the most are Dalish, Dwarf Commoner and Noble, and City Elf.

Who was your favorite Romance?(might be the same as companion question I'm not sure.)

Leliana.

What was your heroes future plans?

She decided to travel for a time, and left Denerim for who-knows-where with Leliana, which is probably where she was until Awakening.

Is Loghain dead or alive for you?

Dead. She probably would have spared him, before she discovered he was selling elves into slavery.

Dragon age inquesition questions: Will you be playing as male or female?

Female Qunari warrior first.

What do you look most forward to in Inqusitions?(example: gameplay, story, graphics, etc.)

Story, characters, dialogue, character creation...everything, really.

What console will you be playing on?

Console? Har har. Pea Sea mustard race.

To name a few(will add more if I think of any): Dragon age origins questions: What was your favorite or Canon origins story? Who wa

• And the king's death is caused by someone who resented him a great deal. Though, for different reasons. And, after the king's death, the kingdom's affairs are left in charge of this very person, and, eventually, they are brought down once their crimes are brought to the light.

And I guess Couslands = The Starks and Howes = The Boltons. Hmm...

• The Pirates of the Pea Sea. Har har, matey.

I'll throw my lot in too... What was your favorite or Canon origins story? My Dalish Warden is my canon Warden. I've played al

• Shhh, we're not pirates though. Pirates are exactly why some developers don't make games for us... shifty eyes

The Pirates of the Pea Sea. Har har, matey.

• Yeah, exactly. These guys are why we can't have nice things... covers his eyes with his hat

...Though, to be completely honest, I can't say I've never done it.

Shhh, we're not pirates though. Pirates are exactly why some developers don't make games for us... shifty eyes

• Hmmm. How About what is your favorite dragon age 2 romance?

• edited October 2014

Hmm, my Hawke kinda just went with Isabela because Anders was too mopey, Fenris was too broody, and Merrill felt like a teenager.

Hmmm. How About what is your favorite dragon age 2 romance?

• Oh, and a mod I forgot to recommend is Dialogue Tweaks.

It fixes a lot of bugs with companion interactions, romances, etc. Particularly Leliana.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.