Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Yeah, that's modded. I recognize it. :S

Pipas posted: »

This is my canon Warden - elven mage. I think hair are modded, don't remember now. :P Would post Hawke too but I'm too lazy to go into the game right now.

• edited September 2014

We're Vashoth after all. Never were part of the Qun.

That's what actually bugs me about it. I understand that there are non-Qunari Kossiths in the world, but most of the Kossiths are, indeed, Qunari. That, of course, wouldn't allow us to play freely, as we would've been bound by the Qun, but, still.

That's much pretty like their explanation for Ogres. There was a Qunari (!) colony (!!) in the Korcari Wilds (!!!) some time during the Fourth or a long time before the Fifth Blight. It got destroyed by the darkspawn, and that's how Ogres came to be.

Heh, I plan on the complete opposite. I'm planning on the snarky, picturesque sellsword type, one who's everything one would think a Qunari isn't. We're Vashoth after all. Never were part of the Qun.

• edited September 2014

You just described Iron Bull (except for the part of the Qun). :D

Heh, I plan on the complete opposite. I'm planning on the snarky, picturesque sellsword type, one who's everything one would think a Qunari isn't. We're Vashoth after all. Never were part of the Qun.

• edited September 2014

Eh, I kind of dislike the Qun on principle, so I'm glad we're Vashoth. I imagine how much you sympathize with the Qun is still up to you.

...though despite my dislike of the Qun, Sten and the Arishok are some of the best characters in the series.

Lingvort posted: »

We're Vashoth after all. Never were part of the Qun. That's what actually bugs me about it. I understand that there are non-Qunari K

• I imagine they'll get along nicely.

Minus the Qun part.

You just described Iron Bull (except for the part of the Qun).

• Guys, have you seen this? PC UI has been revealed... a while ago, can't believe I missed this. :D

Alt text

So appearently we'll have only 8 abilities visible per character. Not sure how to feel about this, I think it's not enough (at least for me). But we'll see how it goes.

Also second part of the interview about Skyhold has been released, this time about war table and advisors. You can read it HERE.

Alt text

• There's also a new video of Skyhold, new footage starting around 8:49.

Here.

Guys, have you seen this? PC UI has been revealed... a while ago, can't believe I missed this. So appearently we'll have only 8 abil

• Also, I got into the Dragon Age Keep beta, and once I get in (takes a day or two) it appears I'll have about five codes to give away...

...could throw one in here...

• ...could throw one in here...

Well, what does could mean?

Also, I got into the Dragon Age Keep beta, and once I get in (takes a day or two) it appears I'll have about five codes to give away... ...could throw one in here...

• edited September 2014

Who knows. Maybe I'll toss it on the ground and watch the rabble tear at each other for it, tooth and nail? You could win and get in too, or you could get an eyeball torn out. :S

-XYAB- posted: »

...could throw one in here... Well, what does could mean?

• I thought the codes were given only to those who already were in the beta? Not sure though, I'm not in the beta myself. :-D

Who knows. Maybe I'll toss it on the ground and watch the rabble tear at each other for it, tooth and nail? You could win and get in too, or you could get an eyeball torn out. :S

• I'm pretty sure for a little while anyone who gets in will get a few additional codes to pass around. They're calling it the 'family and friends' beta after all.

I thought the codes were given only to those who already were in the beta? Not sure though, I'm not in the beta myself. :-D

• Well, sympathizing with the Qun, while effectively "not existing" in the eyes of a true Qunari might only work with non-Kossiths, IMO. Iron Bull, despite pretty much abandoning some of the Qun's principles, remains true to the Qun, from what I hear. I don't even know how he and Qunari Inquisitor will interact.

As for Sten and the Arishok, they are defined by their characters and not by the Qun, so it's still very much possible to like/admire/respect them even if you dislike their philosophy.

Eh, I kind of dislike the Qun on principle, so I'm glad we're Vashoth. I imagine how much you sympathize with the Qun is still up to you. ...though despite my dislike of the Qun, Sten and the Arishok are some of the best characters in the series.

• Yiss, just got into the Dragon Age Keep beta too! :D

• How does one get into Dragon Age Keep beta, anyway?

Yiss, just got into the Dragon Age Keep beta too!

• Either sign up HERE and wait. But I think chances you'll get picked are low, I signed up pretty much the first day I could and still didn't get into beta. But still, it's worth a try.

Orrr... since everyone who are in the keep got 5 extra keys to get into the keep, you can try follow the twitter HERE and HERE or BSN forum HERE. Sometimes there are people who are giving the codes away (I got the key that way. :))

How does one get into Dragon Age Keep beta, anyway?

• Hmm, doesn't SergeantSnookie have a couple of keys? I might go ask him.

Either sign up HERE and wait. But I think chances you'll get picked are low, I signed up pretty much the first day I could and still didn't

• Hey, so I've heard there are some Dragon Age Keep beta keys passed around...

I'm pretty sure for a little while anyone who gets in will get a few additional codes to pass around. They're calling it the 'family and friends' beta after all.

• edited September 2014

Not surprised the game got pushed back to November, so hopefully more bugs can be ironed out.

And even if people don't like some of the style, people still found work arounds (e.g.) for DA2 despite not having a mod kit. Honeslty, from what I've seen already from just the newest console examples, I don't think there will be a whole lot of issues.

• Now that's an elf. Can you change the ear shape at all?

For fellow elf-ey fans, they finally showed some potential elven Inquisitors. The character creator appears to be much improved, and the wei

• Yes.

Alt text

Katalept posted: »

Now that's an elf. Can you change the ear shape at all?

• edited September 2014

(Shao Kahn's voice): "Outstanding."

Yes.

• I signed up for that eons ago and never got in. Oh well, lol.

Yiss, just got into the Dragon Age Keep beta too!

• edited September 2014

This is starting to remind me of that entourage of beggars in the Alienage, that just gets bigger each time you toss a silver their way.

"You don't look like a beggar..."

"Wha-uh, er, I just heard free gold. I'll, uh, I'll be going..."

(in truth I'm not even entirely sure if second-wave betagoers get additional codes to spread around, but if I do I could...)

Hey, so I've heard there are some Dragon Age Keep beta keys passed around...

• Yeah, me too. Had to ask people for the key on twitter. :D

I signed up for that eons ago and never got in. Oh well, lol.

• That's a good idea, but I don't use twitter so I'll just wait for an email or the official release. Let me know your thoughts on the Keep though, any flaws you find or anything.

Yeah, me too. Had to ask people for the key on twitter.

• Bleh, sorry mates, looks like additional codes were for the first wave only.

This is starting to remind me of that entourage of beggars in the Alienage, that just gets bigger each time you toss a silver their way.

• edited September 2014

Latest news about DA:I:

• More abilities have been revealed, this time weapon & shield ones.

Alt text

• Third and appearently final part of the interview about Skyhold have been released. You can read it HERE.

Alt text

• Warrior is cool and all, but I think i'll stick with a rogue. Can Rogues dual wield normal swords again?

Latest news about DA:I: * More abilities have been revealed, this time weapon & shield ones. * Third and appearently final part of the interview about Skyhold have been released. You can read it HERE.

• I'm curious to how they'll incorporate Hawke or even the Hero of Ferelden.

My Grey Warden went with Morrigan through the mirror so I assume I will get some exposition from her on the warden on whether he's still with her or he is elsewhere.

Hawke is someone I'm also interested in, considering she wasn't in the best of positions at the end of DA2. With her siding with the mages, killing Meredith, opposing the Templars, in a romance with Anders. She is probably still on the run or in hiding. It's not her fault though, the entire situation in Kirkwall was stupid, both the mages and templars made a complete mess of it. I hated the fact the First Enchanter himself resorted to Blood Magic, considering Hawke was out to defend mages as she saw the good in them. Meredith was very one-sided on the matter but Anders just made everything worse by blowing up the chantry.

• No :(

Warrior is cool and all, but I think i'll stick with a rogue. Can Rogues dual wield normal swords again?

• Sadly, no. And what is even sadder is that neither warriors can dual-wield. Weapons will be class-restricted like in DA2, so for rogues you can have only daggers or bow. :(

Warrior is cool and all, but I think i'll stick with a rogue. Can Rogues dual wield normal swords again?

• Alt text

Source

Agreed, Orsino changing to Harvester even if you side with mages was completely stupid. I read somewhere that they added Harvester just because they wanted another boss battle. Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense. Really, Bioware, the shit?

I'm curious to how they'll incorporate Hawke or even the Hero of Ferelden. My Grey Warden went with Morrigan through the mirror so I assu

• That's why I hate the choices for act 3, because either side is completely stupid in the way it acts. Meredith refuses to listen to reason and will brand you as a danger no matter your choices. Orsino succumbs to the very stereotype the mages tried to claim to the Templars they weren't.

DA2 could have been so much better, it's just a shame EA forced Bioware to rush it.

Source Agreed, Orsino changing to Harvester even if you side with mages was completely stupid. I read somewhere that they added Harvester

• Well, I didn't lose anything, anyway.

Bleh, sorry mates, looks like additional codes were for the first wave only.

• Couldn't agree more, really. I absolutely loathed the fact that Orsino turns to blood magic even if you do help him. Another boss fight my ass...

Seriously, fuck EA. Had they not rushed it, DA2 might have only hit the stores two years ago/last year/this year, but it would've been a much bigger and accomplished game. But, no, EA wanted a quick buck, and, once again, their attitude almost cost us a great franchise.

That's why I hate the choices for act 3, because either side is completely stupid in the way it acts. Meredith refuses to listen to reason a

• My Qunari is gonna look so awkward with tiny daggers.

Sadly, no. And what is even sadder is that neither warriors can dual-wield. Weapons will be class-restricted like in DA2, so for rogues you can have only daggers or bow.

• edited September 2014

Ha! But don't worry, I bet there'll be even some bigger daggers. :D

My Qunari is gonna look so awkward with tiny daggers.

• Lol. I've got a little bit of trivia for you.

You know those big ass weapons the Arishok used in DA2? Due to the engine's specifics, dual-wield in DA2 was for Rogues only, so...

...Technically, the mighty Arishok is a Rogue, and his big ass axe and big ass sword are daggers.

My Qunari is gonna look so awkward with tiny daggers.

• Arishok cheated and one of his swords is actually a 2H-sword.

Alt text

Alt text

Lol. I've got a little bit of trivia for you. You know those big ass weapons the Arishok used in DA2? Due to the engine's specifics, dual

Sign in to comment in this discussion.