Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited September 2016 in Tales from the Borderlands

Alt text

'Atlas Mugged' is Telltale Games' 100th Episode!

Trailer

Song from the trailer (Instrumental)

Release Dates:

• PC/Mac - March 17th
  • PS3 (NA) - March 17th
  • PS4 (NA) - March 17th
  • Xbox 360 - March 18th
  • Xbox One - March 18th
  • iOS App Store - March 19th
  • Android - March 19th
  • PS3/PS4 (EU) - March 18th

Gearbox Pax Panel, featuring Episode 2 Info:

News:

Update: March 18th

Update: March 16th

Update: March 15th

Update: March 14th

Update: March 13th

Update: March 12th

Update: March 9th

Update: Match 8th

• Episode said to release "during week of the 17th"

Update: March 6th

Update: March 2nd

Update: February 24th

More news?! Okay. Yeah. So, the team is working hard on finishing 102, and yes, we hope you'll really enjoy it! I played a version before the weekend and checked it out again later tonight and it's looking great! We know the wait has been a while, but we hope you'll agree it'll be worth it!

Sometimes we'll play an episode and sometimes it might need a little more love or a little more time to be the best it can be. With Tales from the Borderlands Ep 2, this was the case. The reception to the first episode was, quite frankly, above and beyond what we ever hoped! We cannot thank you enough for playing this series as we kicked off! We want Ep 2 to be awesome. This of course means that it's taking a few extra weeks to make sure it's as fun as the first.

After the premiere, we took some time to look at everyone's feedback and take a closer look at different choices being made, listening to the player community. These factor into the overall development process. Remember, we're in live development! This series was a fresh idea and a unique take on an existing universe, and it meant we had to listen very carefully to what you had to say, and what you did in the premiere. This factors into certain aspects of the game and story itself as the series progresses.
With a series as big as Tales, and with a cast that's only going to grow and perhaps tie even more closely to what's happened/happening elsewhere in the Borderlands universe, this second episode has a lot of ground to cover! The cast is huge and the action is pretty crazy. Also, Scooter is a bit of a handful, so we hope you'll understand when we get a little tied up managing the talent. ;)

We're always striving to deliver quality content on a frequent and more predictable basis, but at the end of the day, quality content comes first.

We're insanely excited to get everyone playing 'Atlas Mugged' as soon as possible. It'll be in your hands checks Telltale 'S-word' Thesaurus .... 'before long,' but not before our panel at PAX East next weekend, I can say that.
That said, the panel will be a blast! We'll be out in Boston opening the show with the 'Story Time' panel, then we'll be with Gearbox on Sunday the 8th along with Rhys and Fiona themselves, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey!
If all goes well, MAYBE THERE WILL BE SOME KIND OF VIDEO TO SHOW YOU!?! Who knows!? If all goes even better, I'm hopeful we'll have a firm date to share with you as well. It may be beyond our control on that date, but as you know, as soon as we know, you'll know via twitter, and I'll be tweeting that myself the minute our dates are locked with our partners.

I really do thank you guys again for all of your patience. You mean the world to us, and if we're ever quiet on the boards, it's largely due to us being so busy here working to make the best episodes possible.
In the future, keep your eyes peeled to our twitter accounts for the most frequent updates as they happen. Also stay tuned here in the coming weeks and months as our team grows and we have more awesome community activities, events, live-streams, and all kinds of fun things planned for this year and beyond!

Thanks again, guys. That's all for now, but stay tuned for more!

-@jobjstauffer

Update: February 21st

Update: January 25

Update: January 20, 2015

Also, remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale facebook page, on twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• XD Already Blind?

• Actually, we generally tend to do these the day after an episode release!

XD Already Blind?

• Really, I never noticed actually...

Actually, we generally tend to do these the day after an episode release!

• This is the standard procedure of how things go Golden :p We as a forum NEED our release date threads.

XD Already Blind?

• We NEED THEM!

I know how this goes, i'm not new, I just thought it comes later on.

Green613 posted: »

This is the standard procedure of how things go Golden We as a forum NEED our release date threads.

• Did you lurk here before you created an account? :p

We NEED THEM! I know how this goes, i'm not new, I just thought it comes later on.

• Yes...

I was also here for S2 E4 and S2 E5.

Did you lurk here before you created an account?

• Are they gonna release TFTB and GOT episodes like they did it with TWAU and TWD? Or maybe we'll have to wait a little less? :D

• All that matters is that I will not self-destruct again!

• I hope this time there won't be any delays and that they'll manage to release the episodes once a month although I'm not expecting episode 2 to come out before end of January.

• And... the wait begins again. Oh well at least Game of Thrones comes out in the meantime.

• Ahhh...Waiting...My old friend. Let's have a drink or something, time will fly by.

• On Twitter, Job seems to be hinting that GoT comes out as soon as next week even!

And... the wait begins again. Oh well at least Game of Thrones comes out in the meantime.

• sigh Here we go again.

But I have seen a tendency to the better with Telltale's communication lately. I like that.

Anyway, see you in March. <---- not kidding

• Can't wait. Tales from the borderlands just might be my favorite telltalegames series.(well maybe second only to wolf among US :)). I'm excited to see how episode 2 and game of thones are. :D

• The one thing I don't miss.....waiting....

• Hmm...I guess we'll see GoT released next month then TFTB episode 2 early January?

• And the waiting game continues...

Oh well, at least we got GoT to look forward to :)

• edited November 2014

The popcorn song brings back some good memories... I like the intermission(-ish?) track from Destroy All Humans! better, though. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jB1tskynqE

• This is some catchy intermission music.

• Did anyone else notice this cool little thing when you scroll your mouse over the episodes? :p

Alt text

Here's the page you can try it on, http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/episodes/1 just hover your mouse over the episode numbers.

• Yep, I thought that was pretty cool

Did anyone else notice this cool little thing when you scroll your mouse over the episodes? Here's the page you can try it on, http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/episodes/1 just hover your mouse over the episode numbers.

• It should just have soon over each one but add very over and over again.

Episode 2: VERY soon.

Episode 3: Kinda soon.

Episode 4: Soon

Episode 5: Noos

Did anyone else notice this cool little thing when you scroll your mouse over the episodes? Here's the page you can try it on, http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/episodes/1 just hover your mouse over the episode numbers.

• edited November 2014

I don't particularly like the 1 month gap as it felt far too long between each episode with TWDS2/TWAU. Hopefully, they've sorted the timing out and we'll see it out next month this time around.

It should just have soon over each one but add very over and over again. Episode 2: VERY soon. Episode 3: Kinda soon. Episode 4: Soon Episode 5: Noos

• Thanks for the music Blind, I'm going to cry in a corner now while I wait for Episode 2.

• Don't expect it (and I'm serious now) before mid Febuary. Probably later.

Revec posted: »

I don't particularly like the 1 month gap as it felt far too long between each episode with TWDS2/TWAU. Hopefully, they've sorted the timing out and we'll see it out next month this time around.

• edited November 2014

Can't wait! Got around to playing Ep.1 and it was fucking amazing, probably the best season opener for a Telltale game I've played!

• O my god! THE NOSTALGIA FVGTFESHGUYTCF

The popcorn song brings back some good memories... I like the intermission(-ish?) track from Destroy All Humans! better, though. ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jB1tskynqE

• Crips is back! :D

Alt text

Crips posted: »

Hi.

• At least you know how much of a classic Destroy All Humans was. :)

papai46 posted: »

O my god! THE NOSTALGIA FVGTFESHGUYTCF

• Mustache guy is right and why was this replied to me?

Revec posted: »

• I'm liking Telltale's new swing. I've been buying their games since the very beginning and they haven't been as consistent as they are now. I'm quite enjoying having one of their games every month, save for a little break in the fall.

• I agree. I was surprised I liked it even more than the season opener for the wolf among us.

Can't wait! Got around to playing Ep.1 and it was fucking amazing, probably the best season opener for a Telltale game I've played!

• They're going to release TFTBL and GoT just like how they did with TWD as well as TWAU.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Are they gonna release TFTB and GOT episodes like they did it with TWAU and TWD? Or maybe we'll have to wait a little less?

• Not sure if TTG is making me hate waiting or be more patient about everything in life.

• If you're trying to make someone more patient, you're just making him impatient.

Free_Dead posted: »

Not sure if TTG is making me hate waiting or be more patient about everything in life.

• Somehow that's true lol.

Crips posted: »

If you're trying to make someone more patient, you're just making him impatient.

• Here's hoping!

On Twitter, Job seems to be hinting that GoT comes out as soon as next week even!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.