What do you think Happened to Rhys' Arm?

Comments

• You got it all wrong. He unfortunately had a bad run in with Bigby, like poor old Gren.

• Nah, just like Tazal he had the unfortunate run in with Asher's blade.

You got it all wrong. He unfortunately had a bad run in with Bigby, like poor old Gren.

• Honestly, if I had the choice, I would choose to have a super cool robot arm, because don't you want a super cool robot arm? Why wouldn't you? That's like human modification, sure, but it doesn't fuck with your brain or anything, right?

Yeah. o.o Rhys probably told himself 'Yeah cool I will have a super robot arm so everyone will respect me' or something like that I think. I

• edited February 2015

But that arm seems to be only for controling bots and hacking, no cool stuff like in Deus ex. Also, it won't work without the brain modification. No?

Harpadarpa posted: »

Honestly, if I had the choice, I would choose to have a super cool robot arm, because don't you want a super cool robot arm? Why wouldn't you? That's like human modification, sure, but it doesn't fuck with your brain or anything, right?

• Still a super cool robot arm. Also, the brain modifications necessary would only be to the motor regions, and possibly regions associated with touch as well. There's no reason to hook the arm up to the frontal cortex or anything like that.

DeityD posted: »

But that arm seems to be only for controling bots and hacking, no cool stuff like in Deus ex. Also, it won't work without the brain modification. No?

• Probably just an implant. Rhys doesn't seem like the kind of guy to get his arm blown off doing anything heroic.

• Tragic fap accident.

Everyone on Helios remembers that.

Rhys: Oh my god, THAT WAS ONE TIME!

Dapnee posted: »

Everyone on Helios remembers that. Though I'm going to debunk it cause Rhys' dominate hand is his left

• No, but he does seem like the type to do something dumb in an attempt to prove himself.

Probably just an implant. Rhys doesn't seem like the kind of guy to get his arm blown off doing anything heroic.

• That's so true. :D If Jack won't call him dumb-dumb at some point I will be dissapointed.

nursethalia posted: »

No, but he does seem like the type to do something dumb in an attempt to prove himself.

• Late reply, I know, but since when does fapping require you to use your dominant hand? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dapnee posted: »

Everyone on Helios remembers that. Though I'm going to debunk it cause Rhys' dominate hand is his left

• edited March 2015

His dominant hand is a left hand actually.

Green613 posted: »

Late reply, I know, but since when does fapping require you to use your dominant hand? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I know :p

His dominant hand is a left hand actually.

• Aaand I derped here, didn't I. Sorry. :D

I know

• Only on Wednesday's.

Alt text

(I must point out that Patrick is saying that while spongebob is doing that, and not anything beyond that.)

Late reply, I know, but since when does fapping require you to use your dominant hand? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited March 2015

I'm just waiting for the tragic backstory of where Rhys sits down and tells Fiona or Sasha how his ma was a crazy old woman and chased him around the kitchen with a chainsaw once when he was five-years old, and of that time when he was thirteen and she threw a fork in his eye for not saying her mud pies were good.

• edited March 2015

Now I've got this weird scene playing in my head where Rhys really wants to get a cybernetic arm, but Hyperion will only offer/cover it for employees if they lose a limb in a work-related accident, so he and Vaughn are both hanging out in Manufacturing and arguing over who has to shove Rhy's arm into something dangerous, and they are both massively chickening out while Yvette tells them they're both insane.

Sad and weird, but definitely "every night it haunts my dreams" territory.

That's pretty interesting! o.o I guess I understand better what Vaughn said to Rhys at the beginning of episode 1 now: 'Look, we had to do a

• I'm probably wrong, but it's possible the eye is just a super swanky digital lens attached to his organic cornea rather than a total replacement.

• edited March 2015

To this day, nobody speaks of it, and everyone was very sympathetic and understanding. Except Vasquez, who waxed lyrical about cocks again.

It was also the single most bloody, disastrous, shocking day in Helios history. Other than Jack's death.

nursethalia posted: »

Tragic fap accident. . Everyone on Helios remembers that. Rhys: Oh my god, THAT WAS ONE TIME!

• masturbate too much

• what about the part where lost legion murdered everyone?

LawmanZero posted: »

To this day, nobody speaks of it, and everyone was very sympathetic and understanding. Except Vasquez, who waxed lyrical about cocks again. It was also the single most bloody, disastrous, shocking day in Helios history. Other than Jack's death.

• The 2nd most. 1st is Jack's death.

3rd is Rhys's tragic fap accident, the Hub of Heroism was ankle-deep in blood and white stuff.

what about the part where lost legion murdered everyone?

• white stuff

Dude... ಠ_ಠ

The 2nd most. 1st is Jack's death. 3rd is Rhys's tragic fap accident, the Hub of Heroism was ankle-deep in blood and white stuff.

• IT'S LIKELY, YOU KNOW!

white stuff Dude... ಠ_ಠ

• I was in the middle of eating an incredibly phallic object and may or may not have choked on it. >_<

IT'S LIKELY, YOU KNOW!

• Sorry, Mr. Jack.

I was in the middle of eating an incredibly phallic object and may or may not have choked on it. >_<

• Apology accepted, Pumpkin.

Sorry, Mr. Jack.

• edited March 2015

"Insert stupid joke about choking and strangulation here"

I was in the middle of eating an incredibly phallic object and may or may not have choked on it. >_<

• edited March 2015

I can totally imagine Rhys telling a very dramatic story about this accident, but then, at the very end of the season, when Rhys and Fiona are at odds with each other, it will be revealed by Rhys himself that he was lying and these modifications were installed to get a promotion.

• edited March 2015

Well, I can say that it's not as bad.

UNFORTUNATELY, HIS HANDS ARE COVERED IN PRETZEL GREASE, SO IT'S TAKING FOREVER.

Screw it, I'm leaving!

"Insert stupid joke about choking and strangulation here"

• Alt text

Well, I can say that it's not as bad. UNFORTUNATELY, HIS HANDS ARE COVERED IN PRETZEL GREASE, SO IT'S TAKING FOREVER. Screw it, I'm leaving!

• Actually, we're all talking about the arm but it's been bugging me for a while and... wth on his anckles that can be see in the beginning of ep1? The hell is that? Shackles? Or his legs are also implants? Or is it just me going crazy, which btw is entirely possible at this point.

• Shackles? Kinky...

Actually, we're all talking about the arm but it's been bugging me for a while and... wth on his anckles that can be see in the beginning of

• Well what the f is that thing even if not the shackles! =p
    I'm just gonna... headcanon this.

Shackles? Kinky...

• edited March 2015

Hmm, I've never thought of that before... Maybe it's his shoes or something.

Alt text

Actually, we're all talking about the arm but it's been bugging me for a while and... wth on his anckles that can be see in the beginning of

• Looks suspicious, especially since his hand is also different at the beginning. And it's both shiny and of the same color.

Hmm, I've never thought of that before... Maybe it's his shoes or something.

• And killing his cat, his teddy bear, his sock puppet and his dog, his canary and his secret pet cockroach when he forgot to clear a piece of paper off his desk.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I'm just waiting for the tragic backstory of where Rhys sits down and tells Fiona or Sasha how his ma was a crazy old woman and chased him a

• Alt text

Looks suspicious, especially since his hand is also different at the beginning. And it's both shiny and of the same color.

• That Athena lady in the trailer cut his arm off. There question answered.

• I'm not sure about that. Athena might have a red shortsword, but she actually prefers using her Aspis shield. She doesn't seem to be the type who hacks arms off, unless she's pissed off or she's just found out that she killed her sister because Atlas told her to. And she's chasing after Fiona and Sasha in the trailer...

That Athena lady in the trailer cut his arm off. There question answered.

• edited March 2015

Heheheeheh

Rhys: Then s-she, she held his head under the water until he stopped breathing and chucked him in the blender to make a fruit cocktails out of him! ;_;

Fiona: Wow, and I thought we had the shitty parents.

Sasha: =( you poor hyperion stunk; that must've sucked, seeing your pet go out like that.

Vaughn: Oh please, he's just talking about his stupid sock puppet again.

Rhys: Hey! Mr. Piggy Wiggles was special to me! T_T

Vaughn: Yeah, that's just because you used to stick him on your hand and serenade to your pathetic cockroach Miss Bubbles in a puppet show!

Rhys: SHE WAS LONELY! And I was five! Dammit why you gotta keep bringing that up!?

Vaughn: Oh what, like how you keep bringing up that time I had tea parties with my Space Tom action figures to every new employee at the watercooler!?

Rhys: YOU WERE IN COLLEGE AND HIGH WHEN YOU DID THAT! EVERYBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT!

Fiona: Okay that's enough storytime ladies o_o officially creeped out here.

One of these days, I'm going to write silly fanfiction on this game, and it is going to be beautiful T.T

And killing his cat, his teddy bear, his sock puppet and his dog, his canary and his secret pet cockroach when he forgot to clear a piece of paper off his desk.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.