Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Better than most definitely. Though I think Tales gave it a run for its money

armis37 posted: »

Hey guys, I'm late to the party and all that, plus this question probably has been asked a lot of times already, but: Am I the only one who feels like Life is Strange was better than all TT games? Just my opinion, please don't burn me.

• If you hate the game then why the hell are you always commenting on here? >_>

I think the recent Telltale games- even the under-appreciated WDS2 and GOT- are better than Life is Strange. Tbh, I don't think LiS is that good of a game. Its just okay imo

• You could say Ep. 4 ending was priceless.

pr0dz posted: »

Time for some dark humor. Kate has been improving herself by leaps and bounds.

• Well, our choices often don't matter in TT games too. Plus, it's not about the ending - it's about the journey. All the choices you did influenced the ending indirectly, because it made you think and feel for the characters.

If it was actually decided by choices, well then there probably would have been "win" and "lose" endings in the mix. And that's never good, when your choices lead you to something worse than other choices lead to.

Why do you think Jefferson was bad for a villain?

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, it is too late for that. Both ending choices proved that our choices didn't matter at all. It's like we never did them! And there are

• edited October 2015

I guess... but still, I wish the episode was better... I felt like this was a horrible way to end the series...

And I think that Jefferson was bad for a villain for many reasons... but I better not say them because some people may get angry with me and that I'm not right at all :p

Well, our choices often don't matter in TT games too. Plus, it's not about the ending - it's about the journey. All the choices you did infl

• Don't take him too seriously in this regard

If you hate the game then why the hell are you always commenting on here? >_>

• Why do you think Jefferson was bad for a villain?

He was just a generic creep with no motives. He could have had depth and substance by having to remove Mac, Chloe and Rachel due to them causing the storm and him wanting to save Arcadia Bay. His actions would have been understandable and would have made him more of a complex human that does things for the good of the town. It would also foreshadow the final choices

Well, our choices often don't matter in TT games too. Plus, it's not about the ending - it's about the journey. All the choices you did infl

• Fair enough ^^

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I guess... but still, I wish the episode was better... I felt like this was a horrible way to end the series... And I think that Jefferso

• He had some motives - his quest for photography and stuff.

Maybe he wasn't the best choice, but he wasn't the worst too. He was better than just pulling a new character to act as the main antagonist, and Nathan's arc was very good this way - him being a main villain after all would've been stupid.

Clemenem posted: »

Why do you think Jefferson was bad for a villain? He was just a generic creep with no motives. He could have had depth and substance

• I can't help finding this picture funny XD

• So, I finally played EP5 of LIS. Honestly, I'm really disappointed, the whole story seemed pointless, every moment (not just choices) leading up to the ending might as well have never happened. I enjoyed the game but I'm majorely disappointed. At least I got to kiss Warren ^_^

• Yeah there's no warrenty

You could say Ep. 4 ending was priceless.

• I said I think the game is okay. That doesn't mean that I hate it. Also, if I want to talk about it, then I'm going to talk about it.

If you hate the game then why the hell are you always commenting on here? >_>

• Well, our choices often don't matter in TT games too.

They do, but not in the way of narrative branching ( though recently we are starting to see a change with the recent episode of Minecraft story mode), but more in the way of player responsibility

Plus, it's not about the ending - it's about the journey.

Its about both, and to be honest it should always be about both. An ending can either enhance or detract your experience in alot ways.

If it was actually decided by choices, well then there probably would have been "win" and "lose" endings in the mix.

I feel like thats what we got with the actual endings. Alot of people deem the sacrifice Chloe ending as the good/canon ending, while the sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending as the bad ending.

• Yeah I agree. It had its moments, but the finale I thought was a mess.

Also, Max x Warren > Max x Chloe

AgentZ46 posted: »

So, I finally played EP5 of LIS. Honestly, I'm really disappointed, the whole story seemed pointless, every moment (not just choices) leadin

• The first part of the nightmare sequence was quite creepy for me. But it dragged on for too long.

So, I finally played EP5 of LIS. Honestly, I'm really disappointed, the whole story seemed pointless, every moment (not just choices) leadin

• Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then please refrain from responding to me

Megami usually acts like an ass when someone criticizes Life is Strange

I still don't see how someone's life has an effect on weather patterns.

Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me either. It feels like they just thought up of the tornado bit and then just moved along thinking they would think of a explanation once they hit the finale.

MosesARose posted: »

Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then

• #rude

Firstly you don't have to be so rude, I'm just trying to understand the story better. If this topic is too sensitive for you to discuss then

• edited October 2015

enter image description here

#rude

• I literally addresed the issue of choices in my comment - that they influence the ending indirectly, because it makes you feel for the characters.

If you truly enjoyed the journey, I can't see how the ending can ruin it so badly. I'm not defending the ending of LiS, and I myself think that it wasn't enough in terms of content and tying loose ends, but they were good enough. Especially if you take time to think about the reasons for the endings and don't take it as black and white kind of thing.

People deem the ending they chose as good, and the one they didn't as bad. Once again, both endings have their reasons and pros/cons. And, considering the fact that if Season 2 is to be made with a different cast, both endings are canon.

Well, our choices often don't matter in TT games too. They do, but not in the way of narrative branching ( though recently we are st

• Glad to see you think the same way ^^

Better than most definitely. Though I think Tales gave it a run for its money

• What a victorias pun.

Yeah there's no warrenty

• Kate, if prevented from suicide, would be alive even if the storm hit. She left town early Friday morning with her family (which she mentions in episode 4).

Bae over Bay Hey at least Kate Marsh is in heaven now

• Yeah, that didn't make any sense to me either. It feels like they just thought up of the tornado bit and then just moved along thinking they would think of a explanation once they hit the finale.

Thank goodness!! someone understands where I'm coming from. I understood that Max caused a disruption within the universe after saving Chloe. What I didn't understand is how a tornado was the out come of her doing that. Thank you for your response :)

• Really? I actually really enjoyed the nightmare.

Another thing that's bothering me, I was certain that Principal Wells was working with Jefferson because of the presence of alcohol in the dark room but apparently not, just a coincidence.

The first part of the nightmare sequence was quite creepy for me. But it dragged on for too long.

• Bay> Bae

MichaelBP posted: »

Bae > Bay

• There was probably a connection that got trashed due the budget constrains.

Anyway, in one of my schools that I went, principal had a bottle in his room (elementary school.)

Really? I actually really enjoyed the nightmare. Another thing that's bothering me, I was certain that Principal Wells was working with Jefferson because of the presence of alcohol in the dark room but apparently not, just a coincidence.

• Chloe is such a junkie that she almost forgot to take her shot.

I got nothing.

Time for some dark humor. Kate has been improving herself by leaps and bounds.

• Megami usually acts like an ass whenever someone criticizes Life is Strange.

Well when people like you spam the thread wit hateful insults I'm sure people get sick of it

• The head shot left a mark on her forehead though.

Clord posted: »

Chloe is such a junkie that she almost forgot to take her shot. I got nothing.

• Rude but true

#rude

• edited October 2015

I haven't seen this posted here yet, but here is Dontnod on the development costs of LIS: http://darkzero.co.uk/dontnod-ceo-talks-life-is-strange-iosandroid-retail-release-soundtrack-and-budget/

So the game cost about €6 million to develop. We do know that it sold about 1 million, though, I don't think we know what those sales include, if it was for all the episodes available at the time, for the season passes, or in the worst case scenario, mostly just episode 1. (Edit: Apparently Square is happy with the game's sales, so the situation might not be bad at all)

Dontnod's CEO goes on to talk about a possible iOS and Android versions of the game, along with a reatil version of the game that might come with a CD of the soundtrack, if it actuallly happens.

Also, here's this picture of the entire team at Dontnod:

enter image description here

• One thing that annoys me most about Life Is Strange. Why didn't everyone just leave Arcadia Bay when the storm was coming? Then everyone would've been okay.

• Plot. Otherwise, the final choice wouldn't have nearly the same weight.

One thing that annoys me most about Life Is Strange. Why didn't everyone just leave Arcadia Bay when the storm was coming? Then everyone would've been okay.

• You wanna hear something funny? Kate knows how to do a Leap of Faith, in the "PT" scenes.

• edited October 2015

Yeah. There would either be no final choices or something like: Leave with Chloe or go back to Arcadia Bay.

Plot. Otherwise, the final choice wouldn't have nearly the same weight.

• The first part, where Max is wandering through her school, having to figure out how to get out of the looped hallway and being trapped inside a toilet filled with numbers, that creeped me out but was also quite interesting. But I got quite annoyed when we have to dodged and hide from the illusion or visions? It was way too dark and I had to close my light in order to see something. (I didn't want to turn my computer screen brighter, because I didn't want to change it.))

Really? I actually really enjoyed the nightmare. Another thing that's bothering me, I was certain that Principal Wells was working with Jefferson because of the presence of alcohol in the dark room but apparently not, just a coincidence.

• Dontnod have a lot of potential. And I am glad to know that their situation might not be bad. :)

I haven't seen this posted here yet, but here is Dontnod on the development costs of LIS: http://darkzero.co.uk/dontnod-ceo-talks-life-is-s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.