Anyone gonna buy this once it gets released?

Comments

• Ill wait till after ep 1 is out, see peoples reaction to it then maybe. I'd prefer season two of TWAU over this though, if im perfectly honest.

• But who knows a_great_guy this could even top the story of twau since we all know telltale has made some great games for the most part

A_Great_Guy posted: »

Ill wait till after ep 1 is out, see peoples reaction to it then maybe. I'd prefer season two of TWAU over this though, if im perfectly honest.

• I don't know about all that. TWAU was working with established lore and had great character dynamics. Stuff Minecraft is sorely lacking in. But, yeah, who knows? They're a talented bunch, at TT, they might surprise us.

Lehfeels posted: »

But who knows a_great_guy this could even top the story of twau since we all know telltale has made some great games for the most part

• I will be getting it because i love the games telltale makes :)

• yeah and telltale has to make a original story so i think it very well could top twau

A_Great_Guy posted: »

I don't know about all that. TWAU was working with established lore and had great character dynamics. Stuff Minecraft is sorely lacking in. But, yeah, who knows? They're a talented bunch, at TT, they might surprise us.

• edited June 2015

I don't know, haven't seen gameplay or a trailer yet. I hate that every person on this site judges this game before we've hardly seen or heard anything about it.

• I hate that every fucker on this site judges this game

Woah, let's tone it down some. Thanks.

I don't know, haven't seen gameplay or a trailer yet. I hate that every person on this site judges this game before we've hardly seen or heard anything about it.

• Okay i'll edit it.

I hate that every fucker on this site judges this game Woah, let's tone it down some. Thanks.

• That's better. Thanks! :)

Okay i'll edit it.

• no

to each their own, I am not into a video games that are based on building builds.

I will stick to the borderlands, game of thrones and the walking dead, also if they ever get around to wolf among us series 2.

• Hell No, maybe if i like it on youtube

• We need to ask ourselves one thing: Has Telltale disappointed yet? It enhanced the Walking Dead TV Show and Graphic Novels for me, as they did with GOT. Yes, Minecraft is a meaningless game about building that is irritatingly popularised by small children and big Youtubers.
    But consider this: Each Telltale series up until know has HAD to follow the arc of a previously-set Universe, be it Borderlands or GOT, but right now, with this game, Telltale can literally do anything...
    ANYTHING! The amount of stuff these guys manage to do in set universes is incredible, but now a set universe with no previous arc.
    To annoyingly use the same description as I did for the Minecraft game: The possibilities are endless.
    If Minecraft isn't your game, that's fine, it's not mine either, but to immediately say NO to this new game without even seeing a screen or anything?
    Give it a chance, that's all I'll say. Speculation is fine, but to make a final decision without any concrete showings or descriptions isn't a good idea in my opinion.
    Please consider this, and thanks for you're time.

• TellTale has disappointed, actually. Jurassic Park: The Game, I think Law & Order, much of Season 2 of the Walking Dead, were given mixed reviews. I personally love JP:TG and liked Season 2, but TellTale is definitely not perfect.

LugoMaster posted: »

We need to ask ourselves one thing: Has Telltale disappointed yet? It enhanced the Walking Dead TV Show and Graphic Novels for me, as they d

• if thos is true thats freat news thanks for letting me know

Lehfeels posted: »

Pandoran i heard ps4's price is dropping big time very soon from a fellow forum user if this is true u might just be able to afford a ps4

• sorry for the spelling im typing on my ps vita the touchscreen cant spell properly

if thos is true thats freat news thanks for letting me know

• Who the hell isn't?

• Okay, alright, okay. But consider this if you can: Are there any perfect video game companies?
    Every game you would come across, nowadays more especially, will have problems, and that's fine, they're there to be fixed. But Telltale's games have an inept ability that most other games don't. While games like COD or Halo or whatever would try and focus in on a story, there are still people who just pick it up for the shooting or whatever. (This isn't a general example, because there are exceptions, so bear with me). Telltale games, in their format of portrayal, focus directly on the story. They force you to be in tune with the events around you other than you trying to smash that button to skip the cutscene to keep playing.
    Is Telltale perfect and the best company without mistakes ever? No, that was my Error.
    But consider this: Is Telltale unique? I believe that the answer to that is yes. Have you're own opinions on the matter, but I do believe that Telltales games, with their portrayal and storylines are great, and I for one am going to buy this game, just episode one, not because I like Minecraft( I don't, btw) but because the Story will be unique, as will the Gameplay.
    Hold off until E3, then, with hopeful new screens, we can for a better opinion on this,
    Thanks for your time

TellTale has disappointed, actually. Jurassic Park: The Game, I think Law & Order, much of Season 2 of the Walking Dead, were given mixed reviews. I personally love JP:TG and liked Season 2, but TellTale is definitely not perfect.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Hold off until E3, then, with hopeful new screens

Actually they confirmed Minecraft won't be at E3, however they alluded to it being at another con. I'd probably guess Minecon, which is early July I believe.

LugoMaster posted: »

Okay, alright, okay. But consider this if you can: Are there any perfect video game companies? Every game you would come across, nowadays m

• Hum...not sure if i'm going to play the game or not, maybe i wait and watch the review .

• No because its probably going to be shit

I don't like wasting my money

• As long as we don't get a TWAU s2, NOPE

If it doesn't turn out to be like that would you buy it, like you did with Tales From The Borderlands despite you constantly claiming it would be horrible?

Journey95 posted: »

No because its probably going to be shit I don't like wasting my money

• Yes I will because I feel like some of the game ideas that telltale games seems stupid but when I go into it I found out how wrong I am about how bad I'm saying it is going to be like I though Tales From the Borderlands and The Walking Dead Season Two were going to be terrible but I was wrong. So yes I feel like we should cause we may think its bad by the cover and the idea but telltale well never stop amazing us

• Yes, for the same reason I bought the Strong Bad game & for the same reason I watch fanmade Minecraft Cartoons (Minecraft the Noob Adventures has great characters & an amusing story). I even took a chance on the original Hector: Badge of Carnage & enjoyed it.

We all know that at some point, the first episode is going to be released for free & the naysayers usually cave in to a free trial just to see how it turns out.

My only gripe right now is that Telltale has partnered with Lionsgate, & they have no plans to use The Hunger Games.

• My only gripe right now is that Telltale has partnered with Lionsgate, & they have no plans to use The Hunger Games.

...At least, no public plans that us fans of Telltale know about anyways. With rare exceptions like Marvel 2017, Telltale generally keeps their cards close to their chest when it comes to announcing games far off. For now into the foreseeable future, I would expect news and info from Telltale to focus on currently announced projects like Walking Dead: Michonne, Minecraft Story Mode, Telltale's first Super Show (with more info implied to come at Comic Con), and of course, currently live Seasons such as Game of Thrones or Tales from the Borderlands.

News for games like Walking Dead: Season 3 and Telltale's Marvel project will probably come further down the line.

LikaLaruku posted: »

Yes, for the same reason I bought the Strong Bad game & for the same reason I watch fanmade Minecraft Cartoons (Minecraft the Noob Adven

• edited June 2015

Definitely not buying it. The only way I would even possibly consider it is if they blow me away with whatever they show at Minecon and if it gets amazingly praised and has a demo.

• I loved all telltales games so far, so it couldnt hurt to give it a try. (and yes im new to the forums)

Welcome to the forums Mr. Fazzbear.

Smellmeh posted: »

I loved all telltales games so far, so it couldnt hurt to give it a try. (and yes im new to the forums)

• edited July 2015

Thanks Arlo :)

EDIT: Didnt know there was a reply button :P

• Borderlands was different though, the games have shit stories but still an interesting world

I doubted Telltale and they proved me wrong
    But with Minecraft there is no potential I mean just watch the trailer, its looks atrocious

dojo32161 posted: »

If it doesn't turn out to be like that would you buy it, like you did with Tales From The Borderlands despite you constantly claiming it would be horrible?

• edited July 2015

[removed]

Absolutely not. Edit: Man I was really pissed off when they announced this, and that was wrong of me. After thinking about it, I will pro

I watched the trailer and it looks interesting and it has potential.

Journey95 posted: »

Borderlands was different though, the games have shit stories but still an interesting world I doubted Telltale and they proved me wrong But with Minecraft there is no potential I mean just watch the trailer, its looks atrocious

• I know I'm not a moderator, but as part of the forum guidelines, please refrain from insulting or threatening Telltale staff.

1.1 R-E-S-P-E-C-T! We're all here to have fun, so be cool to each other. Always behave respectfully towards other community members, moderators and Telltale team members. Insults, hate speech, platform wars… leave it out. Constructive criticism of another user's opinions or actions is OK, but refrain from insulting users/volunteer moderators/Telltale staff members themselves - whether directly or in passing. If you feel especially slighted by another forum member, use the "Flag" button to report their comments to moderators instead of shooting back!

• Looking back...Still no.

• But it suuuuucks

I know I'm not a moderator, but as part of the forum guidelines, please refrain from insulting or threatening Telltale staff. 1.1 R-E-

1. If that guy also working on TWD 3 will you still want to kill him
    2. Minecraft is a game that they focus on gameplay and creativity, if the graphic suck, you can go download a texture pack to make it look better. Even now pewdiepie also start playing this game.

Really? I don't believe anyone's received a copy of the game yet to judge it yet.

But it suuuuucks

• So then I assume you must have received an advance copy of the game and have already played before us, either that or you're jumping to conclusions based solely on the fact that, because it has Minecraft in the title, it will suck even though you've never given it a chance.

But it suuuuucks

• You seriously shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Any game has the spark in them to make it good. (And yes, I will.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.