Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• I'm not enthusiastic about the idea myself (yet), but there's like a dozen threads that are similar to this one. There wasn't any need to make a whole new thread to voice your dissatisfaction, just comment in one of the existing ones.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited April 2015

Could be greed . Or maybe because for some unknown reason Minecrap has a rather large fan-base of children and shameless adults.
    I don't understand why either.

• Agreed, it is stupid making a blocky game, you will see thousands of kids would run to buy the game.

lilypad360 posted: »

This is so stupid I'm not buying

• Or maybe because for some unknown reason Mindcrap as a rather large fan-base of children and shameless adults. I don't understand why either.

Ok, that's enough of that. Please quit insulting the Minecraft fanbase as it goes against the forum guidelines about respecting users.

Cope49 posted: »

Could be greed . Or maybe because for some unknown reason Minecrap has a rather large fan-base of children and shameless adults. I don't understand why either.

• :\ Could it kill you to be a little positive, or at the very least respectful? I personally am not extremely ecstatic about this, but I am pretty interested to see what it will have to offer.

Could be greed . Or maybe because for some unknown reason Minecrap has a rather large fan-base of children and shameless adults. I don't understand why either.

• edited April 2015

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Yes, Minecraft is bad (at least for me), but that doesn't mean this game will be bad too. You guys should stop whining and wait for the game to be released. You never know if something is good or not until you try it.

• Exactly, I don't want to assume it's bad until I actually see what it has to offer.

-Chaos- posted: »

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Yes, Minecraft is bad (at least for me), but that doesn't mean this game will be bad too. You guys should

• It may...
    It may just kill me .I can't find anything positive about it. So sorry that I can't fake it for you. But I will try to be more respectful...

ComingSoon posted: »

Could it kill you to be a little positive, or at the very least respectful? I personally am not extremely ecstatic about this, but I am pretty interested to see what it will have to offer.

• No need to quote the rule book ...
    I will quite down.

Or maybe because for some unknown reason Mindcrap as a rather large fan-base of children and shameless adults. I don't understand why either

• I'd assume they have necessary fonts rights to do that, but oh well. In the meantime, I put together a few mockups with in-game fonts (took a bit of liberty with Minecraft) to see what they would look like.

TFTBL:
    Alt text

GoT:
    Alt text

TWAU:
    Alt text

Minecraft:
    Alt text

I don't know why they don't update the newer forums (Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Minecraft) to do this, but the forums for

• edited April 2015

This is one of the only telltale games I'm not buying, but it could end up being good.

• OOH I really like those fonts!

dfh15 posted: »

I'd assume they have necessary fonts rights to do that, but oh well. In the meantime, I put together a few mockups with in-game fonts (took

• edited April 2015

i like the minecraft font the best in my opinion whats ur fav??

OOH I really like those fonts!

• How I see it, TellTale is, in fact, brave and super creative on finding a storyline.. Like in the Fable comics, they made their own story based off of it, not solemnly relied on it, and Wolf Among Us got one of the highest ratings. You should not degrade a company that has brought many amazing games to you for such a reasonable price and you would appreciate it more knowing how much work they have to go through. This stuff doesn't pop out of magical chickens, but magical minds.. Do not post reviews until you've played it. I hope for the best for this game, I'm excited to see how they do on something that does not have a storyline. If they bomb it, which it hope not, then speak your mind, but don't be so negative, you might come to like it. Fingers Crossed for this! :)

• edited April 2015

There are other sites for this. Have you tried www.Youtube.com How about www.DailyMotion.com www.Smosh.com any of these ringin' a bell?

FIRST

• "Yes my boy. Now bring me Pokemon, I have childhoods to ruin!"

fallandir posted: »

Michael Bay, is that you?

• shameless adults

Come on! If a person likes minecraft that makes her a child\shameless adult?

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited May 2015

Not all No. I will try to be more respectful.

shameless adults Come on! If a person likes minecraft that makes her a child\shameless adult?

• edited May 2015

I want to say something with this being the most Popular thread, and this IS a fact stated by the creators of Minecraft, and MAYBE this will help you understand:

"Minecraft is not about Building awful creations, Because trust me, it looks awful, this game is about Using your Imagination again, Like you would as a child, Whatever you do is not the intended purpose, but the purpose is to find a Baron and shit wasteland, and think 'I can make this New.' and use your imagination, and Make it what you want it to be." ~ Jens From Mojang

EDIT: I Think it was Jens, Idk, this quote was from a long time ago.

• But thats minecraft for minecraft, which is what minecraft is a create whatever you want thing. You make your own story.

I want to say something with this being the most Popular thread, and this IS a fact stated by the creators of Minecraft, and MAYBE this will

• When i created a thread like this i was really furious and out of my mind because i thought it was absurd. I still think this isn't a good idea but i realise that i was a little over the line with the Ubisoft simile. There can be some material out of it like optimistic people say but honestly even if they find and dig a story that is worth playing that still doesn't explain WHY Minecraft? They are teaming up with Marvel, HBO and all those things that are playable by both teenagers and adults. And when you take a step back like this and create something solely for the mainstream it feels wrong. I like TTG ven though i am sometimes pesimistic about their choices. I just hope i am wrong and this doesn't turn out to be as bad as i expect it to be. But honestly, they could have done so much instead of this.

• They are teaming up with Marvel, HBO and all those things that are playable by both teenagers and adults.

Telltale made a lot of family friendly games prior to Walking Dead, you know? Obviously none of them were as popular as Walking Dead, but not being Walking Dead doesn't make something bad. Likewise, an M or a T rating also does not make a game good. Telltale can still tell good stories that aren't bloody, dramatic, or violent. The only difference is that this will be the first family friendly title they make that incorporates the choice system from Walking Dead. However, player choices don't have to only lend themselves to dramatic interpersonal relationships. There are all kinds of possibilities in which Telltale can make player choice be engaging outside of relationships in a dramatic, mature setting.

ata95 posted: »

When i created a thread like this i was really furious and out of my mind because i thought it was absurd. I still think this isn't a good i

• It's only boring if you have no imagination.

Thread: Why minecraft why Minecraft is a bit to boring to be honest and don't want to wait for tales from the borderlands and game of t

• Also, They're all coming, But you gotta be paitent.

Thread: Why minecraft why Minecraft is a bit to boring to be honest and don't want to wait for tales from the borderlands and game of t

• Likewise, an M or a T rating also does not make a game good.

Alt text

Alt text

There is quite enough proof to back up your statement.

They are teaming up with Marvel, HBO and all those things that are playable by both teenagers and adults. Telltale made a lot of fam

• I actually really liked Ghosts' campaign. Multiplayer, not so much.

Likewise, an M or a T rating also does not make a game good. There is quite enough proof to back up your statement.

• I played Sam & Max and Back To The Future. And they were fine but they were not even close to TWD or TWAU IN MY OPINION. I am not excited for it but if you are, i can understand.

They are teaming up with Marvel, HBO and all those things that are playable by both teenagers and adults. Telltale made a lot of fam

• Sorry for the late response..Didn't see your reply..Mine is TWAU

Lehfeels posted: »

i like the minecraft font the best in my opinion whats ur fav??

• What's next? Robblox

• I've never seen those fonts before.

dfh15 posted: »

I'd assume they have necessary fonts rights to do that, but oh well. In the meantime, I put together a few mockups with in-game fonts (took

• edited June 2015

It's not good.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

If enough money is thrown at them...probably.

What's next? Robblox

• This ISN'T a joke?!

What the hell is this?

Alt text

Good job Telltale. This is the bottom of the barrel. Lowest of the low.

• K

Netaro posted: »

This ISN'T a joke?! What the hell is this? Good job Telltale. This is the bottom of the barrel. Lowest of the low.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

This is the bottom of the barrel. Lowest of the low.

Yep...

Netaro posted: »

This ISN'T a joke?! What the hell is this? Good job Telltale. This is the bottom of the barrel. Lowest of the low.

• Can you all calm the fuck down and wait for the game release? You haven't even seen screenshots or anything yet. Just because you hate MineCraft doesn't mean you will hate this game.

I personally hate MineCraft, but god fucking damnit, you should just stop whining and wait for the final release.

• TFTBL's (Willow Body) and GoT's (Oronteus Finaeus) are the subtitle fonts, TWAU's font is "ITC Kabel" which is in the files, and Minecraft's is very similar to the one Telltale uses on their page.

I've never seen those fonts before.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Can you all calm the fuck down and wait for the game release?

No...

Assquez posted: »

Can you all calm the fuck down and wait for the game release? You haven't even seen screenshots or anything yet. Just because you hate MineC

• Well then it is probably a good thing they didn't hire you to make the game, eh?

To be fair those games had story and lore to them. I'm not sure how they can make a story out of a game where all you do is dig and build.

• So the fact that they are making a game you don't see yourself enjoying invalidates the work they put into the games you have enjoyed?

This discussion has been closed.