Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• Well I can see it.

Assquez posted: »

I can't see the potentional of an Anime game made by TTG.

• edited June 2015

Your opinion, bud. I respect it.

JMOREL posted: »

Well I can see it.

• Oh man this is straight money grabbing, why this instead of The Wolf Among us season 2....

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

Trailer looks also bad in my opinion. So yeah, no reason to build up hopes :P

• I wouldn't say it looks bad, just about as good as it could've been.

ata95 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU Trailer looks also bad in my opinion. So yeah, no reason to build up hopes :P

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I think it looks pretty good, so I'm still excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU Trailer looks also bad in my opinion. So yeah, no reason to build up hopes :P

• Some of the dialogue in that was facepalm-worthy, but other than that it's better than I thought. Not what I would have preferred, but still looks good.

• I think its awesome very excited im for sure buying this

• For your parents money. But seriously, why are you excited ? Because of that seemingly generic plot ? Because of making your own choices, that wont be delivered ( it doesnt really matter if you have strong plot and franchise with character development ) ? Because of bad graphicv ? ( yay I though it gonna look way better and little less minecrafty - less blocky ) The voice acting isnt really great, at least those lines felt akward and stupid. Well. I am not saying people wont buy it, but I really doubt that it gonna be a good game.

Lehfeels posted: »

I think its awesome very excited im for sure buying this

• edited July 2015

its just my opinion we all have different opinions ill respect urs if u respect mine? i have not met u on forums yet but i want us to be good forum buds

Lordmark posted: »

For your parents money. But seriously, why are you excited ? Because of that seemingly generic plot ? Because of making your own choices, th

• edited July 2015

Also i might not buy it right away i might just watch a lets play or something of it before i make my final decision

also i know minecraft aint the best choice but maybe telltale can make this good when it releases

we just have to wait and see i suppose

For your parents money. But seriously, why are you excited ? Because of that seemingly generic plot ? Because of making your own choices, th

• Again I dont hate the game but I will admit it looks pretty generic, I'm still failing to see why whatever story they tell wouldnt work in any game universe. Not to mention unlike any game previously the response seems to vary between hate and give it a chance. Every other game so far has had a fairly interesting universe, not saying all feedback to any game has been completely positive but there has always been a decent amount of interest in the game.

• This is actually even worse than I was expecting, to be honest.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited July 2015

Yes this looks hilariously bad...
    But I'm sure the kids will love it.

• i dont play minecraft but i just have faith in telltale to make this good dont stomp on my faith for this to be good

• Well, this is one of those telltale games games I'm just not that into. I was a baby, when I last played with blocks and I would only buy this in 2 years from now in a sale for the story. Sorry, I almost bought all the TTG games and even on release, but this ... no. Luckily for TTG there are many people playing Mine Craft (why Gods? WHY?) and it might acually be successful. And I suppose, I don't have to like every game. Ah well ... luckily this doesn't mean that we have to wait much longer for the next seasons of the good IPs ... ((LOL)) = yes it does.

• edited July 2015

But I'm should the kids will love it.

I'm Should

Should

For the love of god, PLEASE fix that. XD

Cope49 posted: »

Yes this looks hilariously bad... But I'm sure the kids will love it.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited July 2015

fixed grammar nazi...

Alt text

But I'm should the kids will love it. I'm Should Should For the love of god, PLEASE fix that. XD

• Thank you very much Ma'am, Now, I'm off to ruin more lives with my Grammar nazing, Toodle loo!

fixed grammar nazi...

• edited July 2015

Alt text

If enough money is thrown at them...probably.

• you dont know what have you done to my brain. i cant process

Alt text

ps3gamer095 posted: »

I defend MC: SM but i gotta accept that a good fanbase is not one of Minecraft's virtues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I But the whole fanbase can't be kids right? i mean the mature players have to be somewhere

• yeap- The bad thing about this in my opniao is that many resorces are being use for this "game!?" while others have to wait 3 and 4 months for a good episode. I would LOVE their new IP from TTG, that i will most defenitily buy, this minecraft thing is just to fill their pockets with money from the kids who will buy this pice of a game. Im realy disapointed with TTG for the frist time :(

• edited July 2015

Seemingly generic plot - yep, we have very few plot details and none of them seem generic?

Choices - if you're bitching about this then you obviously don't like any telltale games

Bad Graphics - entirely subjective. graphics don't affect how good a game is regardless.

Voice Acting - i'd hardly call it bad, there were maybe one or two cringe-worthy lines in there, but again, you've seen less than 1% of the dialogue in the game.

It's too early to judge whether or not the game will be 'good' (again, entirely subjective).

• For Telltale, some of the lines in that trailer are just... ugh, seriously cringeworthy.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Way to be an asshole, it really helps out your side of the argument.

Please could you refrain from using insults at it breaks the first rule of the Forum Guidelines.

1.1 R-E-S-P-E-C-T! We're all here to have fun, so be cool to each other. Always behave respectfully towards other community members, moderators and Telltale team members. Insults, hate speech, platform wars… leave it out. Constructive criticism of another user's opinions or actions is OK, but refrain from insulting users/volunteer moderators/Telltale staff members themselves - whether directly or in passing. If you feel especially slighted by another forum member, use the "Flag" button to report their comments to moderators instead of shooting back!

Seemingly generic plot - yep, we have very few plot details and none of them seem generic? Choices - if you're bitching about this then y

• Yeah, honestly. I think they should just stick to mature and believable stories and not...this.

Well, they have been kid friendly back in the days, once they've made TWD that Kid friendly shit is over now.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

For Telltale, some of the lines in that trailer are just... ugh, seriously cringeworthy.

• Telltale Game's ROBLOX? oh god no..

GOD NO PLEASE NO

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alt text

What's next? Robblox

• We've seen the trailer so far and from what we know they look as terrible as and comparable the Youtuber's Minecraft animation shit they do.
    And you know how many people don't like Minecraft at fucking all especially their Animations.

Assquez posted: »

Can you all calm the fuck down and wait for the game release? You haven't even seen screenshots or anything yet. Just because you hate MineC

• No, this thread needs to stay alive until this crappy Minecraft game releases.
    Then we can decide if this game's shit or not.

And when the day comes where 12 year olds spam shitty theories on the forums and the entire website itself I will be leaving this website for good.

Can a mod lock this thread already? It's been offering nothing constructive and is just causing arguments. @OzzyUK

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Telltale trying out new things & expanding.. I never imagined that I'd love EVERY Telltale Game.

It's just... if quite a few lines in a TRAILER made me cringe, I'd hate to see what a FULL GAME worth of lines would do to me.

Yeah, honestly. I think they should just stick to mature and believable stories and not...this. Well, they have been kid friendly back in the days, once they've made TWD that Kid friendly shit is over now.

• Wow...the number of comments on this thread! :P

• My bad, edited. Apologies.

OzzyUK posted: »

Way to be an asshole, it really helps out your side of the argument. Please could you refrain from using insults at it breaks the fi

• And when the day comes where 12 year olds spam shitty theories on the forum

This already happens on a regular basis.

Lmao.

No, this thread needs to stay alive until this crappy Minecraft game releases. Then we can decide if this game's shit or not. And when t

• Their "kid-friendly" stuff was actually funny, though (and I don't consider Sam and Max to be very kid-friendly). This looks flat-out terrible.

Yeah, honestly. I think they should just stick to mature and believable stories and not...this. Well, they have been kid friendly back in the days, once they've made TWD that Kid friendly shit is over now.

• Its because we need to be sure that Telltale doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Smellmeh posted: »

Wow...the number of comments on this thread! :P

1. It's a game made for all audiences. Minecraft is a game for all audiences. It won't satisfy everyone. No game demands you to.
    2. Minecraft is a sandbox. You make your own story, literally, in it. The only things you dont really choose are deaths and where things spawn in.
    3. Have any of you people that hate a game that hasnt released yet even played Minecraft? It's more than just staring at a screen.
    4. We're entitled to our opinions, but opinions aren't facts. If you don't like it, it's not a bad game for everyone.
    5. Telltale was never officially announced to make games for adults only. Earlier games like Sam and Max, I believe were for all ages. But I'm not sure as I have not played it.
  • edited July 2015

be sure that Telltale doesn't make the same mistake twice.

What mistake have they even made? The game isn't even out yet! Lmao!

JMOREL posted: »

Its because we need to be sure that Telltale doesn't make the same mistake twice.

• i know right? this is like a thread for the mincraft haters to hang out. :P

Green613 posted: »

be sure that Telltale doesn't make the same mistake twice. What mistake have they even made? The game isn't even out yet! Lmao!

• Come on now guys, you are all fans of TTG right? Then you should know that there able to make great stories out many existing IPs. I bet people going to act like they did when Tales From the Borderlands was announced. trashing the game the all the way to its release then saying it's not bad when they played it.

• Well, they have been kid friendly back in the days, once they've made TWD that Kid friendly shit is over now.

If that's the argument you're going with, you could just as easily say the opposite too. ;)

Well, they have made adult games back in the days, but once they've made Minecraft that Adult shit is over.

Yeah, Telltale's last few notable titles are mature rated, but that doesn't mean that every single title that they make needs to fall under "family" titles or "mature" titles. Telltale can have variety, you know.

This discussion has been closed.