Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited February 2015

Sincerest apologies. After a bit of thinking, I decided that my problem with this character was, that he was named exactly like the most ridiculously named book character ever.

Got to say I didn't even thought about your character when accepting the new characters. Could I offer anything as an apology? Maybe the confirmation of Noelles return in Chapter 3?

supersagig posted: »

The Red Skull' Manwoody, Mogor Manwoody, Mariana Manwoody, Sarina Manwoody, Jors Manwoody HEY , you didn´t accepted my character Dickin Manwoody , but them yes u.u (Joke Inside)

• edited February 2015

XD. It was a joke. And the guy of the books is named Dickon , not Dickin xd.

PS: Could i make more people from Uller house then has payback? . And i only wanted to know she was killed by Marak or she died or not.

Sincerest apologies. After a bit of thinking, I decided that my problem with this character was, that he was named exactly like the most rid

• Haha, sorry m8, those Manwoodys are mine :D

The Red Skull' Manwoody, Mogor Manwoody, Mariana Manwoody, Sarina Manwoody, Jors Manwoody HEY , you didn´t accepted my character Dickin Manwoody , but them yes u.u (Joke Inside)

• edited February 2015

You may create more Ullers!

And Noelle is still alive, but since I decided to cut Marak from chapter 2, she didn't appear either.

XD. It was a joke. And the guy of the books is named Dickon , not Dickin xd. PS: Could i make more people from Uller house then has payback? . And i only wanted to know she was killed by Marak or she died or not.

• 1 ellena
    2 Maya
    3 gutten
    4 Richard
    5 old town fight
    6 no not really

So... that has been Chapter 2. I had even more fun writing it and I think the story finally starts to take up a bit of speed. Be prepared fo

• yep , the problem is that he told me that he didn´t want Manwoody´s people cause it was ridiculous (not Dickin , Manwoody)

Haha, sorry m8, those Manwoodys are mine

• lol :D

yep , the problem is that he told me that he didn´t want Manwoody´s people cause it was ridiculous (not Dickin , Manwoody)

• Gah damn!

R.I.P Ser Ilhan 'the Impaler' Lagoon.

Ellena No... No she couldn't let that happen! Not again! The knight was surrounded by his opponents. She saw the long knife in the small

• She remembered the man who had entered the room through the balcony, without even trying to be subtle and silent. He had concealed his face under a black cloak and had a long knife in his right hand.
    “Then I will kill your daughter. Even slower. More painfully. I have a friend, she loves to do this kind of stuff. Maybe I let her do it."

OMFG IT'S WOLFIUS AND HIS FEMALE DAWG!!!

Btw, Harris is offically a motherfucker now. I hope Jenna will get a chance to tell anyone about this.

Ellena No... No she couldn't let that happen! Not again! The knight was surrounded by his opponents. She saw the long knife in the small

• [Two-face should stay in Castamere]

Lucas Lucas gave the innkeeper's daughter a friendly smile. “Agreed. I'll take you to Oldtown. Maybe Len can even show you the city. He h

• Ahhhh, the story continues! ALAM HARKING SHALL COME AND SAVE JENNA! HE WILL AVENGE RICHARD!!!

• edited February 2015
    1. I really liked Ellena, but that might be because she's my character and I'm invested in her. Asides from her, Jenna.
    2. Richard
    3. i loved Terroma. He was equally funny, sweet and badass.
    4. Call me crazy but I hate Lady Halla with a passion. I can't even stand people like her in real life! I hope Jenna gives her a good punch in the face one of these days.
    5. The last chapter, I really felt a lot of emotion in me, which doesn't usually happen.
    6. No, nothing really.
  • Is it too late to join?

I'd like to submit a charaqcter

• Nope. It´s not too late. But you should @LiquidChicagoTed about your character. He said to me that he doesn´t need more people from the dorne and assassins with tragic or mysterious backstories

Is it too late to join? I'd like to submit a charaqcter

• 1) Lucas

2) Ellena (still like it)

3) Leonard the Stately

4) Harris. That son of a bitch.

5) 'Let Them Fight'

6) Unconfirmedness of Richard's demise.

So... that has been Chapter 2. I had even more fun writing it and I think the story finally starts to take up a bit of speed. Be prepared fo

• edited February 2015

Welcome!

Like supersagig said, it's not too late to submit a character or more than one. While you can submit any character you want, some will be harder to introduce. For example I got a surprisingly large number of assassin characters and I'm running out of roles for these. Any other character should be perfectly fine.

Is it too late to join? I'd like to submit a charaqcter

• I just want to say RIP Ilhan 2015

• Never Forget

Bounden posted: »

I just want to say RIP Ilhan 2015

• Since I'm a PS4 player from Europe and can't play the new episode for a couple days (so sad:( ) I'll bump this thread with a little question to @LiquidChicagoTed : Have there been submitted any characters from Dragonstone? I mean the Targs are there and I guess a character who has seen their dragons could be interesting? I don't really have any idea for a character to be honest, I'm just interested since the story is near to times where Targs will have a big role to play in Westeros history.

• edited February 2015

Yes, so far there are four characters submitted that come from Dragonstone, however only three of them really come from there, the fourth merely lived there for a while. Two of them have some history with the dragons, the other two have a different, but very interesting connection to them. If you want, you can create another character who comes from Dragonstone.

By the way: New part might be up today :D

Since I'm a PS4 player from Europe and can't play the new episode for a couple days (so sad:( ) I'll bump this thread with a little question

• While writing the new part, I already miss writing stuff for him.

Bounden posted: »

I just want to say RIP Ilhan 2015

• Okay, good to hear :D If I get an inspiration I'll definitely submit a Dragonstone fellow. :)

Yes, so far there are four characters submitted that come from Dragonstone, however only three of them really come from there, the fourth me

• Do you have any characters that are from The Dothraki Sea?

• Luckily not. Those guys would have been a pain in the ass to introduce :D

Dothraki are very hard to create, since they have a very special worldview, but I left the option up if someone has a good idea and really wants to do this.

Do you have any characters that are from The Dothraki Sea?

• I do want to remember that i made a character that was from there, but is currently in Braavos.

Luckily not. Those guys would have been a pain in the ass to introduce Dothraki are very hard to create, since they have a very special worldview, but I left the option up if someone has a good idea and really wants to do this.

• edited February 2015

Yes, you're right. I forgot that he came from the Dothraki Sea. Introducing him shouldn't be a problem though, since he is a mercenary whose story is tied to the other characters you submitted, rather than a true Dothraki barbarian. In fact, I think mercenaries might be one of the few ways to easily introduce Dothraki in the story.

But should someone, for example, submit a Dothraki Khal, I will likely have more than a few problems to introduce him without adding a completely new subplot for him.

husmusen posted: »

I do want to remember that i made a character that was from there, but is currently in Braavos.

• Do you think that you could give a hint when you are going to introduce my ragtag gang of mercenaries? =)

Yes, you're right. I forgot that he came from the Dothraki Sea. Introducing him shouldn't be a problem though, since he is a mercenary whose

• So far, they are planned to be introduced in Book 2, with the Hawk starting as a PoV. I don't know when exactly they are going to appear, but I think Book 2 Act 1 is a very likely guess. Sorry for the wait, but I promise you, it will be worth it. Your other characters Jarow and Jarcka will be introduced in Book 1, with Jarow definitely getting introduced in the coming chapter

Do you think that you could give a hint when you are going to introduce my ragtag gang of mercenaries?

• Sweet, thank you very much.

So far, they are planned to be introduced in Book 2, with the Hawk starting as a PoV. I don't know when exactly they are going to appear, bu

• Are you by any chance danish?

Sweet, thank you very much.

• Swedish

Are you by any chance danish?

• I find that this story has an absurd lack of cowbell.

This needs to change.

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Better now?

I find that this story has an absurd lack of cowbell. This needs to change.

• Much better!

Better now?

• edited February 2015

Act I: A Fate Uncertain

Chapter III: We Write History

Jenna

It had been five days. Five days since Ser Ilhan had been murdered. Five days in which she had barely left her chamber, outside of her duties. Five days in which she had been barely more than a meek shadow, trying to stay alive. She remembered the gaze in Harris' eyes, every time she met him by accident. He was a changed man. No gentle smile. No friendly voice. She hated him. She was afraid of him. And still, for some odd reason, Jenna Harking recognized a lot of herself in his gaze. Harris Flowers was afraid. He looked like he had lost his mind in fear and sorrow. And he actively avoided her wherever he could, she knew it. On the positive side, she noticed that her opinion on Lady Halla had changed too. The Lady herself hadn't changed at all. She shouted. She cursed. She hit Jenna for every mistake. If anything, she seemed to be even more brutal than before. But Jenna wasn't afraid of her anymore. She had seen a real monster now and understood what Ser Ilhan had told her. Halla was nothing more than a shadow compared to Harris. She was weak, weaker than Jenna ever was. But she overplayed this weakness with cruelty. On the first day, Lady Halla left her alone. But the second day was one of the hardest days Jenna ever had in Raylansfair. Her hands had still been shaky, her voice still been nothing more than a hushed whisper. She had been inattentive. Had dropped a tablet full of wooden bowels, filled with soup for the soldiers meal. Halla had hit her with a broomstick, so hard that she still felt it right now. But as the Lady screamed at her and cursed her, called her a worthless bitch over and over, Jenna looked at her with a look so full of hatred, that Halla was silent. And for a moment, Jenna had seen true fear in the housekeepers eyes. Ever since, she hadn't been afraid of her. Judging from some of the looks she received from Halla in return, it was more the other way around. Yes, Lady Halla was afraid of her. Or at the very least envious.

When she first had this thought, it seemed to be ridiculous, even more ridiculous than Halla being afraid of her. But then, Jenna thought about it. Lady Halla was an old woman, well into her fifties. And on the thrid day, as Jenna watched herself in the small mirror her father gave her when she entered House Raylan's service, she noticed that her hair looked quite nice. Of course, it was still her hair, her ordinary and common brown hair. Nothing special. It wasn't close to Carmas golden blonde locks, or Harris impressive reddish-brown hair. But it still looked quite pretty. It felt strange that Ser Ilhans death gave her some sort of confidence. Yes, she still was afraid, but her fears just became bigger, overshadowing all the old and childish smaller fears. She wasn't afraid of Lady Halla anymore. She wasn't afraid of loud screams anymore, or of tall horses. More than ever was she afraid of true monsters, like Harris. And more than ever was she afraid of the things that were even worse. Death, for example. But, even though she was more afraid than ever, in a certain way she was also braver than ever. She was brave enough to look at Lady Halla like she had never done before. She was brave enough to admit some of the compliments she got from people, complimenting her work. She remembered that one of the guards once said that she had pretty eyes. Her father had always told her that she was a natural beauty. Of course, he had exaggerated when he told it. Nobody had ever called Jenna truly beautiful, not with people like Carma around. Then again, she had never talked that much to other people. Only her father... She closed her eyes and felt a lump in her throat.

Her father... Jenna hadn't left the castle for five days, but she had asked one of the guards to look for him. It was normal that she did not see him every day. He had lots of work to do at the farm, she mostly slept in her small chamber at the castle. Still, it had been a week since she heard from him the last time. And right now, she needed him more than ever. She hadn't seen her brothers for over a year now. Her mother had been gone for several years now... The past months it had been only her and her father. She wanted to tell him what happened. He would understand, he would know what to do. Normally he would visit her at least twice a week. Every evening, after he had visited his friends in the inn. But he wasn't here and she hadn't heard anything from him for days. It was almost as if something had happened to him... Jenna gulped and forced herself not to cry. That would be... She had to sit down on her bed to calm down. It would be even worse than when her mother died. It would be...

She was unable to stop the tears from flowing down her face. Her father was missing. Her mother was dead. Her brothers were fighting a war. Master Eaton was dead. Ser Ilhan was dead. She had nobody to talk to, at least nobody she could trust in this matter. But she had to tell someone, she couldn't keep it a secret. But only her father came to mind. Nobody else would believe her, she couldn't trust anybody else. She was alone...

She didn't notice that the door was opened, not until she noticed that someone had entered the room. She looked up and saw Carma, her sweet and gentle smile, a worried look on her beautiful face. “Jenna?” Her voice showed her worry and as she sat down next to her, Jenna couldn't resist to hug her. Carma gently patted her on the back. “Shh, easy now Jenna. Everything is alright. Do you want to talk?”, she asked. Jenna looked up into her warm blue eyes and sobbed. Something in Carmas behaviour made Jenna trust her. Yes, she wanted to tell her everything. But she couldn't. Not when she thought about Carmas family. She had three children, the youngest was just born a few weeks ago. No, Jenna couldn't stomach the thought of endangering her. She could never forgive herself. Carma mustn't know the truth, or else Harris would target her too!

“It's nothing... just... my father. I can't stop thinking about him”, she answered. That was at least half the truth. Carma gave her a cheerful smile. “Everything is fine, Jenna. I am sure he has a lot of work to do. He will visit you soon, I know he will”, she whispered. “Your father loves you. Everyone can see it. He wouldn't miss the opportunity to visit you, if he hadn't that much work to do. Urid saw him a few days ago and told me that he was alright. He was worried about something, so he might has no time to visit you”

Jenna shook her head. “Then why didn't he send me a message or something? After what happened to Ser Ilhan, I just want to see if he is okay”, she gulped and felt a new wave of tears. Carma seemed to feel it too, since she hugged her tighter. “My father has never been there for me”, she started to say. “Well... he has been there. But not like I wanted to. My mother died giving birth to me. Father... he blamed me for that. He hurt me. Badly. Every day of my life until he died. Drank himself to death. I hated him... still, after his death I was devastated. I mean, he was still my father, the only family I ever had. I didn't knew what to do, where to go. I was lost”, she said. Jenna looked up, directly into Carmas kind eyes and for a short moment she saw sadness in them. “Why are you telling me that?”, she asked. That did not help her! She didn't want to hear stories about dead parents!

Carma patted her on the back. “I was lost until I met Urid. Ever since, I have never been lost again. I have never been afraid again. What I want to tell you is, no matter how bad it comes, there will always be something that makes us keep going on. And someday it will be better. Everything becomes easier. And sometimes, you can find something good in the strangest places. I want you to not be afraid anymore. It gets easier. My father hated me and he wasted his life without even thinking about me. Your father loves you too much to just waste his life. Don't be afraid. He will come back to you”

Jenna gave her a weak smile. Carma was always able to make her feel better. In a certain way, Carma was her best friend, one of the few people she would even count as a friend. But she couldn't talk about her father right now, she couldn't bare to think about the alternative of him being busy. She had to change the subject. “Why are you here, Carma”, she asked. Carma let go of her and stood up. “Lady Halla tasked me with finding you. She said I should bring you to the great hall. Lord Harris and Septon Corbin want to speak to you” Septon Corbin! He was probably the only person in Raylansfair with any kind of authority left after Ser Ilhans death. She hadn't talked to him in the past days, she had been to afraid to even think about it. The Septon wasn't a brave man. Her father did not like him. Called him self-righteous and hypocritical. Still, should she manage to convince Septon Corbin that she speaks the truth, she could do something against Harris. It would be what her father would have done in her stead. It was the right thing to do. “Thank you”, she mumbled and gave Carma a hug. “I guess I better find out what they want from me”

Jenna would have been able to find the way to the great hall in complete darkness. She lived here for years now, walking this way every day. But never before had it seem so long for her. Every step was almost physically painful. Her legs were shaking, her body trembling. What if this was all a ruse, a trap by Harris to find out of she would stay true to her word? What if... what if Harris already planned her death? She was a danger to him, she could feel it every time she saw him. She knew the truth. And she was braver than Lady Halla, as strange as it sounded.

When she entered the great hall, she didn't feel brave at all. She felt timid, daunted, intimidated. There were only three people in the hall, all of them sat on the Honor Table. Harris sat on top, on the chair that usually was reserved for the Lord Raylan. He looked a lot better than he did a few days ago, but the wounds he received during his fight were still visible. Ser Ilhan had smashed his nose so badly that it would never fully heal again, he gave him a nasty black eye and smashed out several teeth. Still, in his fine green and golden clothes and his neatly combed hair, he almost looked like a real lord, not like the lowborn bastard, the murderer he was. To his left sat Lady Halla, who looked like she hadn't slept much in the past nights. Her usual hateful stare was replaced by a surprising insecurity as Jenna looked at her. And then there was Septon Corbin. He was a fat man, with a pudgy face and puffy eyes, clothed in a robe far more elaborate than a Septon should wear. He was a zealous man when it suited him, but ever since Jenna had seen him eyeing the blacksmiths daughter she had lost all respect for him. Still, right now he was the only man who could probably be her ally.

Harris looked up as she entered the room. “Jenna, glad you're here”, he said, his voice sounding clear and strong, stronger than he sounded five days ago, when he had just killed one of the best men Jenna had ever met.

Jenna took a deep breath, followed by an ungainly bow. If only her legs weren't so shaky! “Lord Harris, Septon Corbin, Lady Halla, how may I serve you?”, she asked. She had seen it. The knight, Ser Lucas, he had done it the same way. He had been polite and friendly during the conversation and everything had been alright. Harris gave her an approving nod, the look people usually reserved for dogs or little children who learned something new. Septon Corbin looked at her with his always dolorous face. “Jenna... Harking, right? You have been there when Ser Ilhan died. I want to hear from all of you, what happened during this night?”, he said with his mewling voice, commanding her with a handwave to take the empty chair to Harris right.

Jenna looked at Harris. He seemed to be calm, calmer than a murderer should be. He had some sort of plan, she just knew it. He needed to have some sort of plan. His face darkened as he answered. “You know what happened, Corbin. Ser Ilhan started a fight. I was forced to kill him”

Septon Corbin shook his head. “Nobody is questioning that, mylord. Still, the recount you gave me has been less than satisfying. I want to know everything. That's why I called your witnesses to be with us today.

“Ser Ilhan attacked me. He tried to seize control of House Raylan. He forced me to defend myself”, Harris said with a sorrowful tone in his voice. Was he truly sorrowful? Or did he just lied to the Septon? Jenna couldn't tell, she had never been good at reading people. She had seen Harris as he lied on the ground, seconds after he had killed Ser Ilhan. He had looked so sad, so regretful. Still, he had looked like a monster for her in that moment and she had not pity for him. She had to find a sword for him.

Septon Corbin still did not seem to be convinced. He frowned and looked at Halla, who gave him a nod. “We all knew he was an ambitious man. I have been there, Corbin. I have seen it and I can confirm it”, she assured him. That was unsurprising for Jenna. She didn't knew what Harris told Halla. She didn't knew if Halla told the lie willingly, or if the acting lord forced her.

The Septon gulped. “It is true that he has been ambitious... But this? He was a good and loyal man. Why would he do this?”, he asked and looked at Jenna. She almost winced as she felt Harris hand on her shoulder. “Jenna has seen it too. She can confirm it, just like Lady Halla”, the lord said. His voice was calm, friendly, his words directed at the Septon. Still, Jenna knew that he did not spoke to Corbin. Septon Corbin looked at Jenna. “Is that so? Then why is she shaking, Harris?”, he asked, his voice getting a sharp tone. Harris hand on her shoulder slightly shivered and she looked at him. There was no doubt what he was going to do to her if she told the Septon the truth now. “I'm sad, Septon Corbin”, Jenna whispered. “I liked Ser Ilhan. He wasn't a bad man. He wanted to help me” Another half-truth. Jenna was a bad liar, she knew it. But half-truths weren't that bad, right? She could do this. She only needed to get Harris approval here. Staying safe. There was no way she could tell Septon Corbin the truth, not with Harris in attendance.

The acting lord looked at her, visibly pleased. “The poor girl is shaken, Corbin, can't you see this? Surely you can refrain from interrogating her, can you? Halla saw everything, she can suffice. She can write and is certainly willing to even write it down for you, so we can send an account to King Gardener”, he said. Septon Corbin shook his round head. “No, Harris. In the name of the Father, who gives us justice, in the name of the Crone, whose light shall shine on the truth, I am inclined to find out every side of this story. I have to speak to Jenna... alone”, he said, but he had the decency to look at her. “Are you ready for this, Jenna? If you walk with the Seven, there is nothing you have to fear”, he said. Jenna took a deep breath and looked at Harris, who gave her a friendly smile. “If you insist, I can't deny you talking to Jenna”, he said and patted her on the back. “Tell him what you have seen this day, Jenna. Remember how I told you that the truth must be known? The Seven teach us that a lie is a sin, so I am sure you will do the right thing”, he added with a look at Septon Corbin. His voice was friendly, kind and benign. Still, she had never felt so threatened by him ever before. After he said this, Harris stood up, quickly followed by Lady Halla. “We are leaving you alone. When you're done with the interrogation, talk to me again, dear Septon”, Harris said, before the two left the room.

After the doors to the great hall were closed again, Septon Corbin took a friendly look at Jenna. “So, Jenna. At first, I want you to relax. This is not an interrogation. You have done nothing wrong. But you need to tell me what really happened that day”, he said, surprisingly kind. Septon Corbin was usually a man without any compassion for the smallfolk. Obedient to the lord in every way. Never speaking bad of a knight. And Jenna had believed him, had believed him that knights were always good, that lords were always benign. Harris was both, a knight and a lord. And he was neither, good or benign. But, what caused Septon Corbin to change his mind?

“The Seven love those who speak the truth. May the Father give you the strength you need. May the crone shine her light on you and show us the truth. There is nothing to be afraid off. I only want to know what happened there. I know that Lord Harris and Ser Ilhan got into a fight. I know Harris killed Ser Ilhan, rather gruesomely. But, what I want to know is, how did they get into this?”, he said. Jenna looked at him. He seemed to be friendly, interested, almost fatherly. She wanted to answer, but gulped as another, truly terrible thought crossed her mind. What if this was a trick? What if Harris wanted to test her loyalty? What if Septon Corbin worked for him? What if he just wanted to hear that she was able to keep up with the story? But maybe she just got paranoid. Maybe this was her chance to tell someone the truth. Septon Corbin held no worldly power, but he was in some way more influential than Harris could ever hope to be. He was the Septon. He had contact to the High Septon in Oldtown. A word from the High Septon would have been enough to bring kings to their knees. A single letter from Septon Corbin would be enough to bring Harris to the gallows. If only she could trust him.

If only she could try to be brave.

[Tell Septon Corbin the truth] [Lie to Septon Corbin]

• [Lie to Septon Corbin]

BTW Safe choice

Awesome Chapter!!!!!!

Act I: A Fate Uncertain Chapter III: We Write History Jenna It had been five days. Five days since Ser Ilhan had been murdered. Fiv

• [Tell Septon Corbin the truth]

Act I: A Fate Uncertain Chapter III: We Write History Jenna It had been five days. Five days since Ser Ilhan had been murdered. Fiv

• [Tell Septon Corbin the truth] It isn't like anything bad has happened from picking the dangerous choice. Oh wait, it did. But I've always gone safe so lets spice it up with some danger.

• **[Tell Septon Corbin the truth] **

Liquid. I gotta question: Are Lucas and Leonard in any communication with House Raylan? Like by raven and such?

• [Tell Septon Corbin the truth]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.