Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited January 2015

And one of the guys who voted to run after the killer , which got Richard killed! XD

SivD1 posted: »

[Let her accompany you to Oldtown] Hey guys! Remember me! The guy who told you not to let Wolfius get that blade? Also the dude who told you you would all regret it? Yeah, I'm back, and... Well, it speaks for itself. Bravo guys, bravo.

• [Let her accompany you to Oldtown]

Lucas Temari faced Leonard, his one eye filled with rage. Leonard looked back, slightly calmer. Yet he had a hand on the hilt of his swor

• Now thats game of thrones

• Poor Richard... sorry for voting you to live dangerously XD

[let her accompany you] She could be interesting addition to their duo, making it ofc a trio :D

Lucas Temari faced Leonard, his one eye filled with rage. Leonard looked back, slightly calmer. Yet he had a hand on the hilt of his swor

• Oh shit.

[Let her accompany you to Oldtown]

HOLY SHIT, MAN! I didn't expect that. Poor Richard.

I have complicated feelings about Wolfius. He's epic and terryfying at the same time.

• O_O damn.

[Let her accompany you to old town.]

• Status Unknown: Dairon, Richard Harking

Richard Harking confirmed for 'We Write History'.

"I got lucky, real lucky."

• edited January 2015

Alt text

Of course he is still alive, of course... That's why he is in the appropriately named 'Status Unknown' list, like all the other alive characters.

That list will get longer over the chapters, every time the fate of a character in grave danger is not immediately revealed. Some of these characters will turn out alive. Other's will turn out dead.

Status Unknown: Dairon, Richard Harking Richard Harking confirmed for 'We Write History'. "I got lucky, real lucky."

I don't think she will give problems.

• The Voting is closed!

Lucas will take Lunett with him to Oldtown

The last part did not quite work how I intended it to do. For time reasons, I had to split Lucas' part. Originally, a scene in which he spoke to Kyette about Dairon was planned. This scene will be part of a new Lucas part coming out tomorrow. Since it would be pretty sparse for a whole part, I will add another POV for Willfred, whose return I had originally planned for Chapter 3. The new part is half-written and will be very likely out tomorrow. That means the whole chapter will be one part longer than originally planned. I still intend to finish the chapter before Episode 2 of the game comes, for I assume that the forum will be flooded with new topics in the first 24 hours.

Four more things:

1. The whole story can now be found on Google Docs, a link is in the introductory post. You might prefer Google Docs over crawling through 14 pages if you want to reread a part or need to catch up with the story.

2. @foxbrg2's amazing pictures can now be found in an imgur album. You find a link directly under the list of characters.

3. Maybe you noticed that I experimented with the title of the topic, in order to make it more informative for people browsing the forum. While at first, it was a very unassuming 'Forum of Thrones', I quickly added the Act and Chapter number into it. Even later, I decided to add the chapter name into the topic. Right now, I think 'Forum of Thrones: A Game of Thrones Story', might be the most accurate name I could give for it. If you have suggestions to make it better, tell me and I will gladly keep them in mind.

4. Some of you already noticed that while the Acts and Chapters have names, Book 1 however is without a title so far. That is mainly, since I really suck at coming up with good names for Books, or even Acts. Almost anything that is longer than a chapter is hard to name for me, especially since I'd like to have some sort of pattern in the book titles. Should you have ideas, please send me a private message. I will keep all ideas in mind. Maybe they will inspire me.

• Shhhh, partial blame...

supersagig posted: »

And one of the guys who voted to run after the killer , which got Richard killed! XD

• edited January 2015

Lucas

Lucas gave the innkeeper's daughter a friendly smile. “Agreed. I'll take you to Oldtown. Maybe Len can even show you the city. He has already been there before. For that, you will introduce us to your uncle. And when we leave, you will come back with us, understood?”, he said. Lunetts smile was almost contagious and she hugged him in joy. “You take me with you? I can't believe it, oh Seven, I can't believe it!”, she smiled. “I will not disappoint you m'lord!”, she exclaimed, before running towards the horses. “I have my own horse... and these is a backpack with spare clothes”, she explained and laughed as Lucas raised an eyebrow. “A girl has to be prepared, m'lord. You're not the first I ask, but the first to agree. I figure, we have to leave fast if you want to catch up to Kyette. And if you want to escape my father's wrath”

Lunett Kawl surprised him. In only a few minutes, she had saddled a horse and was ready to leave, even before Lucas prepared his own horse. It took him another five minutes, until he and Lunett left the stable. Apparently, Sawyer Kawl had won his battle against Leonard. The knight sat on the ground, making a soar face and grumbling, while the little boy looked triumphantly. But as soon as Leonard saw Lucas, he smiled and stood up, but not before taking a bow in front of Sawyer. “That was a formidable duel. Train with your sword and you can become one of the finest swordsmen in the Reach”, he explained, making the boy smile with joy. Leonard then looked over at Lunett. “What is that, Flowers?”, he asked. Lucas chuckled. “That, dear Leonard, is a woman. I thought you knew about them... Her name is Lunett Kawl, the innkeeper's daughter. She will accompany us”, he explained. Leonard only seemed to be baffled for one moment. “I'd say you call the shots here, Flowers. Are you sure about that?”, he said, surprisingly easy-going. As strange as it seemed, but he seemed to be oddly calm after the fight with Temari. The only thing he vocally insisted on was, that he would get the second horse, with Lunett sitting behind him. The innkeeper's daughter was happy to oblige.

“There she is!”, Lunett exclaimed, only half an hour later. Lucas looked up and saw a small horse cart on the road in front of him. On the cart, he saw the blonde-haired woman whom he briefly saw earlier in the inn. Kyette was not as pretty as Cass, but still remarkably attractive, with blonde hair. She turned around as she heard the three riders approaching and looked at them. Her green eyes widened in surprise as she recognized Lunett. Yet, she did not ask the most obvious question. Instead she simply laughed. “You finally found someone stupid enough to take you with him?”, she asked and gave Lucas and Leonard a mocking smile. “You know what you've gotten yourself into, Sers?”, she asked. Leonard scoffed. “Hardly, mylady. But, don't you worry, we don't intend to sell her into slavery or anything like that. She will introduce us to her uncle in Oldtown. The city guard uncle...”, he explained.

Kyettes smile got brighter. “Ah, that guy. Makes sense. I mean, you are after that young Maester's apprentice, right? What was his name... Darren... Darion... Dairon!”,

Lucas nodded. “We were told you have spoken to him the whole night”, he explained. Leonard chuckled. “Lucky guy”, he whispered behind Lucas back. Kyette seemed to notice that, since she started to look at Leonard. “Nothing else happened, Ser. I had petty with the boy. Gave him a couple of beer. Talked to him the whole evening, since it was clear that he needed someone to talk”, she explained, before looking at Lucas again.“What do you want to know, Ser?”, she asked.

Well... and that was the question. How much did the boy even know? He settled with a simple “Where is he heading? We suspect that he wants to travel to Oldtown. But did he mention where exactly he wants to go?”

Kyettes facial expression changed. “Sorry. I don't remember”, she said with feigned disinterest. Lucas looked at Leonard, who audibly sighed and threw her a small purse. “This is more than you earn in three months. Maybe it will help you remember...”, he said in a frustrated tone. Kyettes smile reappeared. “Today is your lucky day, Sers. Dairon wants to go to the Citadel. He is going to meet Archmaester Quent”, she smiled. Lucas and Leonard changed a short glare. They had heard about Quent. He was a vocal critic of Raylansfairs archive, calling it not safe enough and the Citadel for the institution better suited for this. But, given the content of the letter, nothing would surprise Lucas anymore.

“Maester Quent...”, Leonard chuckled. “That's getting really crazy, you know”, he smiled. Lucas looked at Kyette. “Thank you, mylady. This will help”, he smiled, before looking at Leonard. “You're still with me?”, he asked. Leonard chuckled. “Always, Flowers”, he answered. Lucas took a short bow in front of Kyette and as he was just about to continue his way, she grabbed him by the arm. “Careful, knight... If you let something happen to Lunett, Aylard isn't the one you have to fear. That would be me”, she said. Lucas saw her in the eyes and shivered. She was serious. He could only give Kyette a nod, which still seemed to be enough for her. No words needed to be said. Kyette gave Lunett a sly smile, before continuing her way. Leonard looked after her. “I like that girl”, he exclaimed. Lucas shook his head. Some things would never change with Len.

Willfred

For a short moment, Willfred almost thought he could understand his father. It was his burden to make decisions like that every day, only in a far greater scale. He would be a terrible lord, if he can't make a decision as simple as this... Roger Hill was family! And House Reyne always sticked together. It was in their words, simple as that. He would be a terrible Lord Reyne if he wouldn't even listen to his own house words...

“I will look for my uncle. He might be of help”, Willfred said. His father closed his eyes and sighed, while Two-Face gave him an approving nod. King Loren seemed to be satisfied. “Ser Roger can be a valuable ally. From his time at Casterly Rock, I know him as a friendly and helpful man. He might not be a Reyne by name, but he has your blood. He would do all for his Pride. And maybe we even know where he could be right now”, Loren said, while Lucion sighed. “Roger occasionally sends a raven to let us know he's still alive and in the Reach”, he explained. Willfred's father looked up and raised a brow. “Why would he do that? Seven hells, I haven't heard from him in fifteen years”, he exclaimed. Lucion gave him a sharp glare. “Well, maybe because we are the only family that did not treat him like a bastard”, he hissed. Willfreds father did not react to this insult. Instead he looked at the king. “Your grace, what did he write?”, he asked. Other people would sound concerned when asking about their brother, whom they hadn't seen in almost twenty years. Darren Reyne managed to sound calm, almost as if he had asked the king about the weather. The kings answer was almost as trivial, as if he had just complained about the rain again.

“Rogers last letter arrived two months ago. He was near Highgarden. Apparently he is hunting for bandits”, the king told him. Darren looked at his son. “Are you sure you want to do this, Willfred?”, he asked again, this time sounding slightly worried. Willfred looked his father right in the eyes. “Yes, father. For the Rock”, he answered. Apparently he gave the right answer. For one short moment, he saw pride in his fathers eyes. King Loren seemed to be pleased too. “Very well, Willfred. I am glad you will do this. I know you've never met him, but Roger is a good man. He has his flaws, but I would trust him with my life”, he said, before General Tallian started to speak. “My King, I would like to accompany Ser Willfred. I have heard Raylansfair has problems with the Ironborn. My military advice might be useful for them and beneficial for our negotiations. And Willfred could need all the help he can get”, the general explained. Willfred looked at him in surprise. Vashord Tallian, travelling together with him?

King Loren seemed to be less surprised by Tallians decision. “That could indeed be helpful, Vashord. However, I do expect results from you, have I made myself clear?”, he answered. Tallian bowed. “Yes, your grace. I won't disappoint you”, he answered before looking at Willfred. “Are you okay with this, Ser Willfred?”, he asked. Willfred looked over to his father, who seemed to be in deep thought, but gave him a short nod after a while. “It would be an honour”, Willfred answered and honestly meant it. He, travelling together with one of the kingdoms most decorated generals... It was almost like one of the stories his sister always dreamt about. He was barely able to contain a smile. “You won't travel alone. Lord Crakehall will accompany you to our border, together with two hundred soldies from your father's garrison. These soldiers will stay under Lord Crakehalls command and patrol the southern border, searching for Ironborn activities. Two dozen soldiers will accompany you and General Tallian when you continue your way to Highgarden and Raylansfair”, the King explained. “You should leave as quick as possible. We need the troops to protect our southern border”, he added and looked at Willfreds father. “And you should leave as soon as you have a thousand men-at-arms ready. Should the Golden Tooth fall, the Ironborn have a stronghold in our lands. Should that happen, Ashemark will fall first, Castamere next. Casterly Rock will fall too, eventually. But I won't let that happen”

“One more thing, your grace and I think we all deserve the truth here... Can we really win this war? Hoare has more troops. He forced us into the defence. Your Grace, I want to know, can we truly win this war?”, Willfreds father finally asked. King Loren gave him a sharp glare, but his face quickly softened. “I won't lie, mylords. It isn't going to be easy”, he answered. Lord Marbrand looked at him in shock, while Lord Darren avoided the king's gaze. “Then, why do we do this? Why don't we try to negotiate?”, the Lord of Castamere asked.

The King stood up from his chair and gave every lord in the room a long stare. “Negotiations with Harren Hoare won't happen. He does not negotiate, for he thinks he can take the world for himself. He thinks we are weak. He thinks he can break us. But what he does not consider is, iron can't break a rock. He will hit us, again and again, trying to advance until we fall. But we will not fall. We will repel him until his iron gets jagged and dull. And then, we will pay the debt. Mylords, I swear to you, before the end comes Harren Hoare will cower in fear, for he will hear me roar!”

For a moment, Loren Lannister managed to sound more like a lion than a man.

The war meeting was finished pretty quickly after that. Willfreds mind still revolved around the coming journey. He wasn't a dreamer in the way his sister was. Yet, a warrior always dreamed of an opportunity like this. He strolled through the castle, looking his family. He would leave Castamere in the early evening, together with General Tallian, Lord Crakehall and his fathers soldiers. But first he had to bid his goodbyes to his family. He found Tinnet in the armoury, inspecting Lucion Lannisters spare sword, a fine blade, exceptionally crafted by Qohorik blacksmiths, the hilt showing a stylized lions head. His younger brother looked up, even though he hadn't look up that far any more, considering his growth during the last months. While clearly a boy of twelve years, Tinnet Reyne already showed signs of becoming a very tall man in the future. “Will!”, he smiled, before putting Lucions sword back on a table and slightly blushing. Willfred smiled. “You tried to train with Lucions sword while no one is looking, little brother?”, he asked playfully. Tinnet laughed. “Well, I have to train if I want to become the bravest knight the world has ever seen”, he defended himself. Willfred had to smile. His little brother was stuck in fantasies about knights and heroes. That was likely Alannas fault, who had spent far too much time with the boy when he was younger. “Of course, Tino. You will become the most valiant knight the Rock has ever seen. People will call your name in the same breath as they call Ser Galladon of Morne or Davos the Dragonslayer. You will be the bravest of them all”, he said and tried his best to hide his sarcasm. Tinnet was twelve years old, but in many ways he seemed to be far younger. He was naive, like a younger child would do. And Willfred would never want to change him. “I will go on a journey, Tino”, he finally explained. Tinnets cheerful facial expression was immediately replaced by worry. “It will be dangerous, am I right? Where will you go?”, he asked. Willfred smiled and hugged his brother. “The Reach. I will search for our uncle. And I will save the Rock. Father will travel to the Golden Tooth in the meantime. That means, you're the lord of Castamere until we are back. And you have to promise me one thing: Be brave, little lion”, he said. And he knew that Tinnets teary-eyed stare would have almost managed to make him stay.

The way to Alannas room was accompanied by an uneasy feeling. Saying goodbye to Tinnet had been hard. He hasn't seen his brother for a long time and leaving, probably for months now, was hard. But Alanna... She was four years younger than him. In some of his earliest memories, she had already been there, his little sister. And he didn't want her to change either. But he knew, she would cry. He hated seeing her cry, not only because it was annoying.

Lea stood in front of Alannas room, like a watchguard. If she would be a watchguard, she would be the most terrible watchguard in the whole kingdom. She smiled and waved at Willfred as he came closer. “M'lord! It is good that you are here. Alanna has calmed down. We prayed together at the Sept. We talked a long time about what would happen now. She... she seemed to be okay. Your high parents are talking to her, but I am sure they have nothing against you entering their room”, she said and put emphasis on the last words, as if she had some kind of authority. Willfred had to laugh at this. “Tell me, Lea... What would you have done, if I had been Two-Face?”, he asked. Leas smile faded. “I would have probably stopped him from entering...”, she whispered, looking for any sign of the disfigured bodyguard. But she couldn't stay serious as she said that and had to crack a smile. “Ah, who am I fooling. I would tremble and retreat. Your sister should have real bodyguards instead of just me. I am terrible”, she said. Willfred grabbed her hands. “You are wonderful Lea. Don't let anyone tell you anything else”, he said and entered Alannas room, not before he saw Lea blushing. By the Seven, he almost did not recognize himself today over all this kindness...

Alanna sat on her bed and from what Willfred could see, not everyone was okay. His parents stood in the room, looking at her. Lord Darren had wrapped an arm around his wife, one of the very rare gestures of affection he showed towards her. As soon as she saw him, Alanna jumped up. “You... You...”, she said in a strange mix of sadness and anger. “You knew how much I fear that. Father will be gone. And you will be gone too, maybe for months. It will be dangerous. What are you thinking about Will?”, she asked. “Lorna Lannister, mostly....”, Will answered truthfully. Alanna almost gave him a slap, but seemed to contain herself in the last moment. Instead she whimpered and gave him a close hug.

“I don't want you to go, big brother...”, she whispered. Wilfred looked up and saw his parents, his father looking stern as ever, his mother looking gentle and smiling. “I have to got, little sister. But I will come back. Think about it... I'll see another kingdom. You should be happy for me”, he said and gave her a cheerful smile, before turning to his parents. “Mother. Father. I had no idea that you will be here”, he said. Lord Darren looked at him sternly. “We thought that you would probably come here. Your mother and I want to use this opportunity to talk to you in private”, he said. Willfreds mother cleared her throat and gave her son a loving smile.

“Look at you, my lion”, she said with barely contained pride. “Your father made it sound like you will be the savior of the Rock”, she smiled, which gave her a short and cold glare from Lord Darren.“Mileena, I did not...”, he started, but was quickly interrupted by her. “Well, maybe not word for word, but I know what you mean, darling”, she said. The last word was almost too sweet. Willfred knew that there was little love between his parents. The young Mileena Tarbeck must have loved her future husband, but for Darren Reyne, the marriage was never more than simple pragmatism.

“Anyway, my son... you are from the blood of the red lion of Reyne. I know you will make us proud. You will search for Uncle Roger, right?”, his mother continued, ignoring her husbands attempts to speak. As Willfred gave her an approving nod, she continued. “Do you trust him?”, she asked. Willfred looked her in the eyes. Did he trust him? He never even met the man. But, on the other hand, Roger Hill was family. House Reyne would always stick together. They would do anything for each other. He never met Roger Hill before. But he knew, he could trust him. He nodded and his mother continued. “That is good. Our strength comes from each other. Willfred, tell me our House words...”, she demanded and Willfred looked at her, slightly confused. Why would she...?

“All for our Pride”, he said and Mileenas smile got even brighter. This time, even his father slightly smiled. “All for our Pride. No matter what happens on your journey, always be willing to do everything for your family. We are all lions, but without each other, we are nothing”, she said, before gently hugging him. “Come back safe, my son. You are my pride and joy, my little lion. And you will do us honour”, she smiled. His father gently shook his hand, but said nothing. No words were needed between them. Willfred looked at his parents, his sister and for a moment, he wished that Tino would be here, instead of sitting in the armoury, playing soldier. “All for our Pride”, he whispered, before leaving the room. His family should not see his tears.

Instead of Lea, Two-Face awaited him outside, saluting as soon as he saw him. “Willfred! I had hoped to see you here...”, he said, his scarred flesh turned into a hideous smile. “I had talked to your father earlier, for I want to accompany you”, he said. Willfred looked at Two-Face and couldn't help but smile. Two-Fce was a close friend and definitely welcome company. “Why should I decline that, my friend?”, he asked. Two-Face seemed to be amused for one moment. “Because you will have two dozen soldiers looking after you. Your father thinks that I should stay here. Looking after your sister, your brother, your mother. He does not trust the younger Lannister. He told me to ask you for your opinion”

Willfred looked at Two-Face. He really wanted to have him along. On the other hand... He remembered Lucions face as he declined the duel. They say a Lannister always pays his debts...

[Two-Face should accompany you] [Two-Face should stay in Castamere]

• [Two-Face should stay in Castamere]

Awesome part!

Lucas Lucas gave the innkeeper's daughter a friendly smile. “Agreed. I'll take you to Oldtown. Maybe Len can even show you the city. He h

• [Two-Face should accompany you] I would feel safer with Two Face here. I know he is extremely loyal, but to who? I believe he would stand for his kingdom rather than his family.

Lucas Lucas gave the innkeeper's daughter a friendly smile. “Agreed. I'll take you to Oldtown. Maybe Len can even show you the city. He h

• edited January 2015

[Two-Face should stay in Castamere]

Willfred is already well-protected. It's better if Two-Face stays in Castamere to protect the house should anything happen.

• two face should stay in castamere

Willfred's journey with all those soldiers should really be interesting, looking forward to that. :)

• {TwoFace should accompany you}

• [Two-Face should stay here in Castamere]

• I think we're going to have another Richard situation where everyone chooses the wrong decision lol

• [Two face should stay in Castamere.]

• The Voting is closed!

It's going to be closed a little bit earlier than I planned at first, so I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't had time to vote yet. But I think the decision is clear anyways.

Willfred won't take Two-Face with him

I have to say, this time I am a bit surprised by the unambiguity of this choice. That was an interesting outcome :D

On another note, the reason why I close this voting earlier is, that I found writing the next part very easy. Right now, I am almost done and think I should be able to finish it within the next two hours. It will be the last part of Chapter 2 and will consist of two POV's I was really looking forward to write for quite some time now.

And finally, I am sad to announce that Castamere won't appear in the story for a while now. Since Willfred will travel South, other Castamere characters, except Vashord Tallian, won't appear for a while, but I can confirm that they all will reappear eventually.

Those who already have knowledge of the books might have noticed that House Reyne has no House Words in the books, not even in secondary material. That's why I made this for the story, with the help of the very limited House Sigil Creator and a neat quote from tumblr:

Alt text

@InKennyWeTrust, I am sorry but my skills in Photoshop weren't nearly enough to satisfyingly combine the words with the far better sigil you sent me. I tried it and the results have been horrifyingly atrocious. On the positive side, this one fits with the style of the House Raylan sigil from the introductory post

• I'm excited to see these two POVs, but I do agree that the vote was fairly one sided (If that is the right term).

The Voting is closed! It's going to be closed a little bit earlier than I planned at first, so I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't had time

• Ellena

No... No she couldn't let that happen! Not again! The knight was surrounded by his opponents. She saw the long knife in the small man's hand. A long knife just like the one from that night. No! She did not want to remember! She did not want to...

She remembered the luxurious living room in her father's mansion in Braavos. The guards had been absent. She had been supposed to sleep, but still she had roamed the mansion, enjoyed the thrill she felt, while trying not to be seen by her father. When he had entered the room, she hid under a sofa, watching as he sat down on his work desk, brooding over a few documents. He had always done this in the evenings, some nights he hardly slept, instead he always worked and worked and worked.

She remembered the man who had entered the room through the balcony, without even trying to be subtle and silent. He had concealed his face under a black cloak and had a long knife in his right hand. Her father jumping up, facing the man and grabbing a sword, an elegant, slightly curved sword from Lorath. “I wouldn't do this, Ellyrio Terys”, the stranger had said. “Who are you?”, her father asked, coming a few steps closer. “Guards!”, he had called, but the stranger had only laughed. “They sleep. I haven't killed them, for they are not part of the contract. You on the other hand...”

With these words, the stranger had come closer. Her father had raised his sword. “Stand back, or I will kill you!”, he had exclaimed. The stranger had shaken his head. “I doubt you will. But if you resist, I will kill you slowly. Painfully. Then I will kill your daughter. Even slower. More painfully. I have a friend, she loves to do this kind of stuff. Maybe I let her do it. It's your call, Ellyrio”, he had said with a soft and calm voice.

She remembered her father. The subtle change in his facial expression. “Ellena... You wouldn't dare, you monster!”, he had exclaimed. The stranger shrugged. “You can't imagine half of the things I am capable of”, he had answered. “Now, what shall it be? Do you want your daughter to live?”, he had asked. Her father's face had been one of sorrow, a man accepting defeat. He had thrown his sword to the ground, allowing the stranger to come closer. “Good choice. Now, Ellyrio Terys, how do you want to die?”, he had asked.

She remembered her father closing his eyes. “Just get over with it...”, he had murmured.

She remembered the stranger plunging a knife into her father's heart.

She remembered the stranger going down looking under the sofa, directly at her. In that moment, she had known that he wasn't a Faceless Man. Faceless Men never leave any witnesses. “You got lucky girl. Your father loved you”, he had said, before leaving the room, leaving Ellenas life shattered.

...No! She would not let that happen again!

“Terroma!”, she said, her voice getting sharper, more agitated. “Please, Terroma, don't let him die! I know you. You are a good man, you can't let that happen, you can't live with that. Please Terroma! I don't want it to happen again!”, she said and noticed tears forming in her eyes. Terroma looked at her, his face becoming sorrowful after her last sentence, his kind smile fading. “I am afraid you don't know anything about me, Ellena”, he said, before closing his eyes. “Except one thing... I can't let that happen”, he murmured before grabbing her shoulder. “You stay back, you hear me? Should anything happen to me, don't try to help me. Run”, he ordered. Ellena could only nod.

Through a blur of tears, she saw the knight attacking the small man first. The man jumped back, still he was slightly hit at the chest, leaving a small cut and sending him to the ground. The tall man used this, to attack the knights back with a strong blow from his sword. The sound of steel hitting steel sounded, as the sword hit on the worn-down armour. The crossbowman used this moment to shoot. His bolt hit the knight in the right upper arm and went through the armor as if it were nonexistant. The knight dropped his sword in agony and the tall man attacked again, this time delivering a strike to the knights rips. Ellena could hear the sound of armour breaking and saw the knight going down.

With heavy breathing, the small man got up again, putting his hands on his chest. “He hit me... God I think he almost killed me!”, he exclaimed in shock. “Fucking fucker! Let me cut his dick off while he is still breathing, while he still feels it!”, he shouted, before noticing Terroma, who had just entered the alleyway, his hand wrapped around the small knife he bought earlier, the knife he used to cut an apple with. Ellena didn't know much about weapons, but she knew one thing: That wasn't a weapon to fight with. That was suicide!

“What do you want, old fucker?”, the small man said. Terroma pointed his knife at the knight. “You won't harm him any more”, he stated. His voice was almost toneless, but polite. Calm and polite, just like the stranger from that dreaded night.

The tall man started to laugh.“Go fuck yourself man. This is Solver business”, he said, showing a smile even more hideous than Terromas. The small man pointed his knife at Terroma, while the crossbowman started to reload. “Yes, go fuck yourself! Butterfly wants him dead!”, he exclaimed. Terroma shrugged. “I don't even know who this Butterfly is. He means nothing to me and I am not afraid of him. I want to give you a chance to leave this place”, he said, which caused the three men to burst into laughter. “Oh, but you should be afraid of Butterfly. You should be very afraid”, the tall man said. Terroma shook his head. “I am never afraid. Fear cuts deeper than swords”, he whispered. This caused the tall man to laugh even louder, a snorting sound, more befitting to a pig than to a human being. “Trust me, old man. My sword cuts deep enough for you”

She couldn't see his face, but she could tell that Terroma was smiling. “I am not afraid. But you should be very afraid...”, he answered.

The small man looked over Terromas shoulder and noticed Ellena. His face got a creepy smile. “Is that your daughter over there?”, he asked and licked his lips. “When we're finished with you, I'm going to have a bit of fun with her”, he giggled.

As Terroma answered, Ellena noticed a new emotion in his voice. For the first time since she met him, his voice was trembling with anger. “Oh, you poor man...”, he hissed. “That makes it easier for me... You don't even realize how dead you are right now, do you?”

After Terroma said that, the tall man attacked. Ellena noticed that he was wearing chainmail. A knife like Terromas could never go through chainmail, there was simply no way. The man attacked with a very quick strike to Terromas chest. But Terroma dodged and took an elegant step sideways. All of this happened almost too quick for Ellena to even see. She noticed that her jaw dropped. She had seen people fighting like this. Was that... Water Dancing? The traditional fighting style of the Braavosi... No. As Terroma attacked, she noticed a difference. A Water Dancer attacked with elegant strikes and slashes, giving potential viewers a presentation of his skill. But Terromas attack was swift and brutal, not intending to look good. His only intention was to kill. He hit the man under the chin, deeply embedding the knife in his skull, before pulling it out again. The tall man fell to the ground.

The small man looked in shock, as Terroma ran at him. Instead of running away, he chose to fight. He delivered a rain of slashes and strikes on Terroma, but Terroma just stepped backwards and quickly grabbed the small mans arm. “Do you realize it now?”, he asked, before slashing the small mans throat in a single, cold-blooded move.

The crossbowman had almost finished reloading his crossbow. Terroma raised his knife, his small apple-knife, as the crossbowman raised the crossbow. Five feet separated them. Instead of waiting for the crossbowman to finish reloading, Terroma threw the knife, hitting his opponent in the unprotected chest. The crossbowman fired his bolt, narrowly missing Terroma, before going down. Ellena looked at the scenery in a mixture of relief and utter terror. She saw Terroma walking up to the dying crossbowman.

“Fuck you... You're dead asshole, you and your little daughter and this fucking knight and all the people you ever knew! Butterfly will hear about this...”, the man managed to gurgle. Terroma shook his head before answering. “He won't”

With this, he cut the crossbowmans throat. As he turned around to look at Ellena, his kind smile looked changed. He looked sad. “I am sorry you had to see this”, he said. Ellena could only look, too baffled to answer. Terroma had just killed three men, without even breaking a sweat. Without hesitating. Without needing more than half a minute. Still, he was Terroma. Why was she so afraid of him right now?

She looked at the wincing knight. The man was barely conscious and breathed heavily. Terroma got to the knight and went on his knees. “He is alive, but wounded. The sword did not pierce his armour in the back, or else he would be dead now. He has a deep cut in his side and his rips are likely broken. I don't know about his arm. He needs medical help”, he stated.

With these words, Terroma pulled the man up, softly but determined. The knight screamed in agony. “Easy boy...”, Terroma said, before putting the knight over his shoulders. Under the weight of the armour, he slightly staggered. “We bring him aboard the Pale Princess. The medico should have a look at him”, he decided, giving Ellena a comforting smile. “Do not worry, Ellena, don't be afraid. You are safe. I would never allow anyone to hurt you”, he said. She managed to give him a slight nod. Terroma smiled at her, half like the kindliest man she had ever seen, half like the most terrible demon she had ever heard about.

The knight gasped for air. Ellena looked at him and noticed that he was barely conscious. “Ser... Ser, don't die, please!”, she said. The knight managed to give her a weak smile. “Thank you...”, he murmured. “What... what is your name?”, Ellena asked him, as they walked down the alleyway. The knight had problems to answer, barely staying awake. “J.. Jaron...”, he stuttered. Ellena gave him a smile. “Stay calm, Jaron. We will bring you to someone who can help”, she said. With these words, they continued to walk down the alleyways of Oldtown, slowly advancing to the Pale Princess.

Jenna

That wasn't right. No, she would get trouble for this. But she just couldn't stop listening. Ser Ilhan and Harris sounded both angry, in Harris' case more angry than ever.

“What is wrong with you, Harris?”, Ser Ilhan shouted. “You were a dutiful man. You were a loyal man!”, he exclaimed.

“I AM loyal! I am loyal to House Raylan, first and foremost. I won't let this house go down! Raylansfair will be nothing without House Raylan”, Harris answered.

“You're lying to yourself, Harris. You are not a lord! You are a bastard, a fucking maggot! You are not worthy to be Lord Raylan and you defile his memory by ignoring his will!”. Ser Ilhan almost screamed in rage.

“SHUT UP!”, Harris answered. “I am your LORD! I will save this House. I will save this city. I won't let Hightower burn the archive to the ground. He will destroy us, just because he can. Just to make it clear that nobody challenges the Citadel, that only his Citadel can write history”

Jenna shivered. Harris sounded so certain, so determined. Ser Ilhan didn't sound any less determined.

In this moment, she heard a spine-chilling sound. The sound of a sword being drawn.

“You won't do this, Harris”, Ser Ilhan growled. “I won't allow it. You will step down, or I will kill you. We will inform the king. Mern Gardener is a just man. He won't destroy Raylansfair. Manfred Hightower can be reasoned with. We can make this, Harris. But you have to step down, before you do something bad” His voice was determined, hard and unforgiving.

“Ilhan, don't do this. I know we had our differences, but can't you see that it has to be this way? It is the only way to save this house!”, Harris pleaded.

“Are you even listening to yourself, Harris? This House is already gone. It had been dying for the past fifty years. Lord Robert has only been the final straw. Why are you so determined to save a dead house?”, Ilhan asked.

Harris voice sounded weak, full of sadness as he answered. “Because I would be nothing without House Raylan. Just Harris the Bastard. I see how they look down upon Ser Lucas and he is a noble bastard. I am just a commoner. I would be nothing without House Raylan. Please, Ilhan. Don't do this...”, he answered bleakly.

“Again, you are lying to yourself, Harris. You are a knight. You are a castellan. You are respected and revered. Don't destroy all of this, just because of this. House Raylan is only a name. The city will continue to live. A city can't be destroyed by a dead noble house”, Ilhan pleaded.

Harris disagreed. “And what happened to Bennicksford? It was a striving city, until the last Bennick died. Today, it is nothing. I have been there, Ilhan. A decaying village, inhabited by old men with gaunt faces, clinging to the past. A ruined castle atop a hill, inhabited only by shadows of the past. I won't let that happen to Raylansfair. There has to be a lord in this castle, or else this city is doomed”, Harris said.

Ilhan sighed audibly And you think, you can be this lord? This is not right and you know that. Give up, Harris, or I have to kill you”, he said with a growl.

“No, please Ilhan. Let me save this city. Let me save this house. Please!”, Harris said, sounding like he was on the brink of tears...

In this moment, Jenna felt strong hands grabbing her shoulder. She hadn't heard anyone approaching, she had been too mesmerized by what she just heard. “What are you doing, Jenna Harking, you useless little bitch?”, a familiar voice hissed. Lady Halla! Oh no, not her, please, not her! What was she even doing here? Jenna turned around and saw the Lady, who had a look of pure hatred on her face. “I came to see if you do your work like you should. Instead, I find you here, eavesdropping!”, she shouted and gave Jenna a hard slap in the face. “You worthless junk are in trouble now, oh yes you are!”, she added before slapping her again. Jenna felt tears in her eyes. How she would love to hit back, just once. How she would love to tell her what she really thought of her... But she was afraid.

She had always been afraid and being around Lady Halla showed her that Ser Ilhan had been wrong. She had nothing inside of her that could be better. Being afraid is what she was. Who she was. Just timid Jenna Harking. Tears flowed down her face. “Please... Please Lady Halla... No!”, she said with a hushed voice, but Halla did not listen. She grabbed Jenna at the collar and opened the door to Harris room.

“Lord Harris! This little slut has been eavesdropping!”, she shouted and made both men turn towards her. Ser Ilhan stood close to her, his sword drawn, his eyes appearing to be red and full of fury. He had his sword drawn. Harris stood behind him and looked more shocked than angry.

“What is this...”, Ser Ilhan started to say, but he was interrupted by Harris grabbing a thick silver goblet. Before Ser Ilhan could turn around, Harris hit the knight on the head with it. The blow was strong enough to bring Ser Ilhan to his knees and make him drop his sword.

Lady Halla screamed in terror. Jenna on the other hand was too afraid to scream or even move. “Stop it!”, Halla shouted, but her voice sounded weak, too weak to be taken seriously.

As Harris raised the goblet again, Jenna saw blood on the silver. He wasn't able to make a second strike. Even though he looked slightly disoriented, Ilhan quickly turned around, jumped up and delivered a strong uppercut that made Harris stagger, followed by a kick to the castellans shin. Harris almost went down and Ser Ilhan delivered a quick series of punches to his opponent.

Harris stumbled backwards his face now a look of rage, mixed with panic. He grabbed the closest thing he could find, a golden candlestick with a burning candle in it. As Ser Ilhan jumped forwards, to attack Harris again, the castellan retaliated by kicking the master-at-arms in the groin, making him fall on his knees in pain. Jenna closed her eyes as she saw Harris thrusting the candle into Ilhans face. Still she could hear the screams of agony, followed by similar screams from Harris.

As she opened her eyes, she saw that Ilhan managed to throw Harris on the ground. A small table had been knocked over, the candle had broken off at the shaft. Ilhans left eye was filled with blood, the flesh around it red from the burn. He was clearly in unimaginable pain, but still managed to jump on top of Harris, delivering quick strikes to his head. But he ignored Harris attempts to grab something from the ground. A knife? No...

Why didn't Ilhan react to this? Did he not notice? Or did he not care?

Jenna finally screamed as Harris raised a small silver paperknife and plunged it into Ilhans throat. The master-at-arms gurgled in surprise and fell to the ground, Harris on top of him, stabbing him in the face, again and again, until the knight stopped moving.

“You made me do this! Why did you made me do this?”, Harris screamed, his eyes filled with grief. His face was badly bruised, his nose smashed, his voice sounding almost unintelligible “I only want to save us all! Why couldn't you see? Why did you made me do this?”, he whispered. Tears rolled down his face, but as he looked at Jenna and Halle, his gaze was hard as stone.

“You... You two won't tell anyone, do you hear me? He had drawn his sword first, he had attacked me, his lord! I had to defend myself. I only had to defend myself!”, he shouted at them, making Jenna wince. She went down on her knees, crying unrestrained, crying in utter fear.

“No... No m'lord, please, mercy, we won't tell anyone, we won't tell...”, Halla pleaded, clearly in a similar state of shock. Harris nodded. “You won't tell, or else I'm going to turn your lives into a living nightmare. He forced me to do this! I have to save the city, I have to save House Raylan. He drew his sword, he forced me to defend myself!”, Harris said before sinking on the ground crying and shivering in pain.

For every monster there was a sword... Jenna looked at the lifeless body of Ser Ilhan. He had a sword and it did not do him any good...

She was afraid

End of Chapter 2: Broken Vows

Your choices:

Family Man: Willfred decided to seek help from his uncle

Kingbreaker: Torvin decided to stay in Harrenhal and let Garthon travel to Maidenpool

Savior: Ellena convinced Terroma to save Jaron

Chaser: Richard decided to chase after the killer

Eavesdropper: Jenna decided to continue eavesdropping on the conversation

• edited February 2015

Next time on Forum of Thrones:

“Ser Ilhan attacked me. He tried to seize control of House Raylan. He forced me to defend myself”, Harris said with a sorrowful tone in his voice. Septon Corbin still did not seem to be convinced. “We all knew he was an ambitious man. I have been there, Corbin. I have seen it and I can confirm it”, Lady Halla assured him. The Septon gulped. “It is true that he has been ambitious... But this? He was a good and loyal man. Why would he do this?”, he asked and looked at Jenna. She almost winced as she felt Harris hand on her shoulder. “Jenna has seen it too. She can confirm it, just like Lady Halla”, the lord said.

Lord Crakehall let out a loud and happy laugh. “They are a large group, they already destroyed two villages. They are almost a hundred men!”, he shouted and raised his axe. “You might do all for your pride, Willfred, the Lannisters might roar all day, but there's none so fierce as a Crakehall! We will meet them in the field and we will crush them! And then we shall send their heads back to Harrenhal!” Willfred looked at General Tallian, who seemed to disapprove of this. But as he looked back at Crakehall, he couldn't contain a smile. This would be a glorious battle!

“Torvin Breaker!”, the man said with a slight smile. He was tall, not the tallest man Torvin had ever seen, but still impressive, with a broad chest and long black hair. The looks already gave him away, but the eyes told Torvin without a doubt that he was talking to a Hoare. They were deep dark pools without any compassion in them, hints of the unbelievable brutality inside. Yet still, Harlan Hoare was the second best of Harrens sons, not even close to be the biggest monster in his family. His smile wasn't as cruel as the kings, his eyes slightly less bloodthirsty. Still, the bloody cleaver in his hands proved that he was in no way a good man. That wasn't animal blood...

Lyria winced as she saw a shadow approaching. “Hello, blacksmith Mettel...”, the figure said, before she recognized Wolfius. “I believe you have finished my assignment, yes?”, he asked, his cold smile sending shivers down her spine. She managed to give him a slight nod. “Yes... here it is”, she said, showing him the knife. Wolfius looked at the knife, fascinated by it. “Wonderful work, my dearest blacksmith Mettel. Now... I guess I owe you a reward...”, he hissed while reaching inside of his overcoat.

“John! My god John, we have to do something! They are going to kill her, we can't let her die, please John, do something!”, Cass whispered in terror. Gutten looked down, looked at these animals who tried to pose as humans, looked at the woman they just took hostage. No... They would not get away with that, he would not allow it! They were all going to die!

Jaron coughed, still feeling shivers of pain in his broken ribs. Harpy gulped. “Look, Ser Jaron, I am sorry for what happened. The Burned Man rarely makes mistakes, but he admits that he underestimated Butterfly. He hopes that you get well soon, we both do”, she told him. Jaron shook his head. “Underestimated... The Burned Man still underestimates him, Harpy. Seven Hells, I don't think you understand how powerful the Butterfly truly is. He knew that I would go down that alleyway. He knew about the Burned Man's plan. He has a traitor in your organisation”, he said and Harpy avoided his stare. “I know, Ser Jaron. That's why I made preparations. We need to find this traitor”

Clayton looked at her, his forced smile starting to get on her nerves. “You understood everything, Kersea?”, he asked. She gave him a nod.“Good. Don't fuck this up. Your target has to die and you have to use this special dagger”, he explained. Once again. Why did he always explain it twice to her? She wasn't stupid! Clayton handed a second note to Wolfius. “This will be your target and her room in the castle. She has to die too, but do with her as you like”, he said. Wolfius looked at the note and let out a howling laugh. “Harking! Didn't knew he had a daughter! Trust me Clayton, I will enjoy this...”

Forum of Thrones, Act I, Chapter III: We Write History, Coming Soon!

• edited February 2015

So... that has been Chapter 2. I had even more fun writing it and I think the story finally starts to take up a bit of speed. Be prepared for Chapter 3, which will start soon!

Like last time, I have a few questions for all of you:

1) Who has been your favourite Point-of-View character in Chapter 2?

2) Who has been your least favourite Point-of-View character in Chapter 2?

3) Who has been your favourite character in Chapter 2?

4) Who has been your least favourite character in Chapter 2?

5) What has been your favourite part of Chapter 2?

6) Is there something you did not like in Chapter 2?

1. Jenna
    2. Richard
    3. Without incluiding my characters , Jenna Harking
    4. Harris
    5. The last one
    6. No Noelle u.u (what happened to her?)

So... that has been Chapter 2. I had even more fun writing it and I think the story finally starts to take up a bit of speed. Be prepared fo

• Great as always!

Damn you Harris! Hopefully there will be a sword for this monster....

Ellena No... No she couldn't let that happen! Not again! The knight was surrounded by his opponents. She saw the long knife in the small

• Dammit Harris. I hope the Ironborn kill you.

Amazing as usual!!!

Ellena No... No she couldn't let that happen! Not again! The knight was surrounded by his opponents. She saw the long knife in the small

• The Red Skull' Manwoody, Mogor Manwoody, Mariana Manwoody, Sarina Manwoody, Jors Manwoody

HEY , you didn´t accepted my character Dickin Manwoody , but them yes u.u (Joke Inside)

• 1) Who has been your favourite Point-of-View character in Chapter 2? I have to say Willfred. It is interesting seeing him prepare to join the game of thrones. Though does he know, you either win or die.

2) Who has been your least favourite Point-of-View character in Chapter 2? I'm not the biggest fan of Richard, there is nothing against him, but there isn't any excitement coming from him.

3) Who has been your favourite character in Chapter 2? There was a draw between Terroma and Ser Ilhan. Ilhan's strictness was so adorable because you knew he had a good side. And Terroma was kinda like Iroh from Avatar, the old experienced man who was so badass but still equally funny.

4) Who has been your least favourite character in Chapter 2? The Innkeeper. I wasn't sure what I thought of him. He seemed overly agressive and there wasn't much depth in his character besides that he was a strong angry strict man.

5) What has been your favourite part of Chapter 2? The last one. It was an excellent way to end the chapter. There's so much tension wondering how Jenna will react with this information.

6) Is there something you did not like in Chapter 2? There were a few things that were unpleasing, but over all it was very well written. I am excited for the next part to come out.

So... that has been Chapter 2. I had even more fun writing it and I think the story finally starts to take up a bit of speed. Be prepared fo

• 1.) Hmm.. In this chapter Lucas had pretty good parts, also Willfred.

2.) I liked all of them but Torvin's story didn't go much forward in this chapter and Maya seems interesting but didn't do much yet.

3.) Flowers&Lenny , Jaron, Wolfius

4.) Halla, the dickheads who tried to kill Jaron XD

5.) Adventures of Lucas and Leonard were pretty good, Wolfius danger and the business in the Rock.

6.) Not really.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.