The 58th Annual Hunger Games: An Interactive fan fiction

Comments

• [Do what Emily wants]

TWD_25 posted: »

John Lottmann: District Four I wake up to the sound of Panicked cries, at first I mistake them as my own from the nightmares I have, but

• [Do what Emily wants]

John Lottmann: District Four I wake up to the sound of Panicked cries, at first I mistake them as my own from the nightmares I have, but

• I AM BACK :P

Lord_EAA posted: »

YOURE BACK

• Starting the next part! c:

• Woo! ^.^

Starting the next part! c:

• WE WOOOOO WE WOOOOO

• Aaaa! ⌒▽⌒

TWD_stan posted: »

Woo! ^.^

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ualexen92 posted: »

I AM BACK :P

• oh yeah

• [Train together]

Awesome Part!!!!

• YAY

• edited March 2015

George Radkey: District 3

Training: Part 2/12

At 10 o' clock, we head down the elevator to the training room. The actual training room is below ground level of our building. The elevator doors open up, revealing an enormous gymnasium filled with weapons and a gymnasium course. My district partner and I, Alisha are one of the first to arrive. The few who are, are in a close knitted circle gathered around one athletic woman. Each one of them has a cloth number of there district pinned to there shirts.

Soon after more people gather in, the last being those from twelve. Our head trainer, Atala tells us the training schedule. No fighting will be permitted with any other tributes. There will be experts in each station. We can freely travel along wherever we want, my mentor told me to try to learn something new. There are assistants on hand if we practice with a partner.

Alisha and I decide to go our separate ways, after all, there can only be one victor. Being from three, I’m already set a major disadvantage, we’re typically the weaker ones with no experience with weapons or survival.

As you’d expect, the careers go for the most intimidating weapons. The girl from one with classically beautiful looks, picks up a mace and it’s clear from the beginning she’s been training for most of her life.

The boy from one engages in hand to hand combat with one of the trainers, dodging each and every punch.

The girl from two, albeit short is remarkably strong, and flings her knives fifteen yards across the room with ease, never missing her mark. The boy from two, is lifting incredibly heavy objects over his head and the boy from four hardly ever misses a target with his spear. One, two, and four all experienced killers while the majority of us have picked up a spear or a knife for the first time with our trembling hands.

The message is clear. Fear us, we will kill you. Fear those 8-10 scores we’ll most certainly get.

I notice the girl from four tying knots alone. When I walk near her, she quickly moves her fingers around in all the right places before I can see the knot, but it’s not near the career standards of good.

“Shit!” She slaps her hand. She notices I’m next to her and looks me in the eye. “I’m sorry, I’ve never done this before.” She tells me, nearly in tears. I walk up next to her and for the first half hour, our knot expert, teaches me how to make a simple trap that’s bound to have tributes dangling from there feet if done correctly. The girl from four makes it clear she doesn’t want me here and I quickly leave.

Then I move over to camoflauge. The girl from ten, Cheyenne if I recall is swirling a mixture of berries, clay and dirt around her arm. She does a bad job but she looks like she’s having fun.

“I liked to color a lot when I was in school.” She smiles at me, it has to be to me. I’m the only other one in this station.

I smiled back as a friendly gesture. Of course, she’s only twelve. She seems real sweet, but I’m a little pre occupied with the boy from four, who just speared a dummies head across the room.

“You can sit down if you want.” She pats the steel floor. I finally sit down after a few moments of wondering if I should. The trainer seems genuinely happy to have students. Over the course of one hour, Cheyenne and I both learn the basics of camouflage, hers being slightly better than mine, but worse than the trainers. She seemed nice, if I made an alliance with anybody it’d probably be her. But despite my mentors request I’m not doing that. The best case scenario one of us is dead. Then again, I recall past Games, in the past seven years, only two have won with no allies, it’s not bad but it’s certainly not good.

I continue doing drifting around, trying to find my skill or a weapon preferably, but I’m mediocre at just about everything. Unfortunately for Alisha, she’s just as bad, if not worse than me. She tries throwing knives but misses the target completely, just barely missing the trainer. District three isn’t looking so good, not with weapons, not with costumes and certainly not with interviews, oh god I hate public speaking.

I glance across the room, the tall, lanky boy from five with buzzed blonde hair and brown eyes is solving intricate puzzles that I could never solve, the boy and girl from eleven are reviewing what plants are edible and what to look for in the arena, the boy and girl from six are climbing and the girl from seven is in the throwing axes station. I can’t just sit here, I need something to learn, quick.

[Puzzle station] [Edible plants station] [Climbing] [Throwing axes]

• edited March 2015

[Edible plants station] PLEASE CHOOSE THIS BTW

Awesome Chapter!!!

George Radkey: District 3 Training: Part 2/12 At 10 o' clock, we head down the elevator to the training room. The actual training room

• [Throwing axes], for obviously biased reasons :D

Though I'm curious what exactly the people at the puzzle station learn...

George Radkey: District 3 Training: Part 2/12 At 10 o' clock, we head down the elevator to the training room. The actual training room

• [Climbing] serious [Climbing]!!! what good it will to that !!!

I don't know eat some plants... so my choice will be [Edible plants station], he will make poison food and then invite them to a dinner?

• [Throwing axes]

• [Climbing]

• [Throwing axes]

• [Edible plant station]

• [Edible plants station]

• Starting part 3!

• YAY

Starting part 3!

• YOUY

Starting part 3!

• hi sup i tried to make them spare you

supersagig posted: »

YAY

• Yep :P

hi sup i tried to make them spare you

• welp thats just bad luck

supersagig posted: »

Yep :P

• [Puzzle station]

• edited March 2015

Cheyenne: District 10

Training: Part 3/12

I lightly color my arm into the color of tree bark. The boy from three leaves and goes to the plant station, he seemed a little… quiet. I get the base down but than comes the shading, I can’t color! Maybe from far away, maybe I could hide easily from far away, maybe if the other tributes are blind. My tribute partner, Buck walks up to me.

“Yikes, did someone throw up on your arm or something?” Buck bluntly states, he walks up from who knows where, maybe hand to hand combat. I look down on my arm, he’s not wrong. My arm’s covered in an unnatural shade of brown with the shading looking like little chunks.

“Give me a break. I haven’t colored in like, three years.” I count the years. Have I really? I’ve been working on the farm since I was nine. I haven’t been to school in that long. Yeah, it was three years.

“You’re a twelve year old girl, you should know this.”

“Yeah, well I’m not most twelve year olds.” I tell him as I grab a bucket of water and rinse the painting off. I had grown to like Buck, which I hated. I feel like I didn’t have to put on the show I put on for most tributes of just being sweet and innocent. It was my new tactic, be likeable. Nobody wants to hurt the sweet innocent girl that volunteered to get medicine for her mom.

“I overheard the careers.” He leans in. “You need to show them that they can’t mess with you.”

“But Angus told us not to!” I say in a whiny tone but I quickly correct it mid-sentence. The people here still know me as the twelve year old girl that volunteered, the stupid idiotic girl that volunteered that managed not to shed a tear on stage.

“You’re good with a knife right?” I pause for a moment. It’s been three years now, despite me hating the tedious labor, I couldn’t be more grateful at this moment, I’ve slaughtered animals before. I’ve seen my fair share of knife fights, I’m sure I could pick up on.

“I’m okay, yeah.” I say unsurely

“You need to try it.”

“Than try any weapon.” He snaps. “Because as of now you’re going to be their first snack in the games.” He tells me.

I nervously walk towards the sword station, but before I take out my token, the rabbits in a necklace foot my mom gave me, I’m glad I have it now, whenever I rub it, it calms me whenever I rub it’s foot. I quickly tuck the necklace back in my tunic. I notice the boy from two has his sword drives deeply into the dummies chest. I feel a chill run up my spine. In a couple of days he’ll probably be doing this to a person, hopefully not me. It takes me a moment to gather up the courage, I take a deep breath. The careers surrounded me. Each of them must have had fifty to a hundred-fifty pounds on me.

The boy from two, Ash I believe his name is, is stopped, because there’s now a line of one person. You can see the aggravated look projected in his dark green eyes. “The runt wants to play.”

I grab the sword, incorrectly holding it because the sword trainer immediately rushes up and adjusts it majorly.

“What’d I tell you?” The careers, now gathered around me cackle. There voices sink low but I know they’re talking about me.

“Look at her, she can barely lift the thing!” I can hear the girls from one and two cackle from behind me. I drop the sword, mainly out of anger. Despite Angus’s request not to draw attention to our main weapons I stomp forward to the knife training.

Ugh, I liked the pigs better than them! And I hate the pigs, they always smell like manure, the smell is ingrained in my mind. They were just like cackling hyenas, laughing at there prey. My heart begins to pound, I can feel my face burning. Without thinking I stomp over to the knives training, already occupied by the boy from one.

I pick up a knife, it’s much nicer, much sharper than the ones on the farm. Oh how I’d love to jab this dagger into the boy from two’s gut. I think to myself. I can feel the corners of my mouth tilt up at the thought, a smile arises on my face.

But a voice in my head tells me no. If I do this, I may just become a bigger target for the careers to kill me. They’ll see my weapons, they’ll know my skills and I can guarantee they’ll use it to my disadvantage.

[Show your skills with a knife] [Do as your mentor says and hide your skills]

• edited March 2015

[Do as your mentor says and hide your skills]

I was about to pick the first choice, but then I thought that what she thought at the end might be right. I really don't want her to become an even bigger target for the careers.

Cheyenne: District 10 Training: Part 3/12 I lightly color my arm into the color of tree bark. The boy from three leaves and goes to th

• [Show your skills with a knife] SHOW THEM CHYENNE , THAT YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Awesome Chapter!!

Cheyenne: District 10 Training: Part 3/12 I lightly color my arm into the color of tree bark. The boy from three leaves and goes to th

• How are you guys liking the story so far? Do y'all have any suggestions?

• OH GOD THIS IS ALREADY STRESSFUL AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE GAMES!

[Show your skills with a knife] Put those careers in there place!

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited March 2015

[Show your skills with a knife]

Imagine their looks when you surprise them ;)

lol jk

• [Show your skills with a knife]

Great chapter!

• edited March 2015

YOU ARE AWESOME KEEP GOING LIKE YOU HAVE sry i was stuck on capslock...maybe

How are you guys liking the story so far? Do y'all have any suggestions?

• Thanks! This is going to sound so cheesy but it inspires me to write when you guys like it. c:

YOU ARE AWESOME KEEP GOING LIKE YOU HAVE sry i was stuck on capslock...maybe

• parmesan is cheesy, lutsenberg is cheesy , Motsarella is cheesy, THAT makes me feel good

Thanks! This is going to sound so cheesy but it inspires me to write when you guys like it. c:

• edited March 2015

Liking it? I'm loving it! You know I already loved The Road Ahead, rereading it still gives me feels, but, by the way, also inspires me. Some of my favourite Forum of Thrones parts were written after Road Ahead Episode 5 rereads. And, well, this story is in no way worse.

I love the Hunger Games setting, the characters and the way you write them. The writing in general is superb and I don't have any criticism so far. Maybe I'll find some nitpicks in the long run, but don't count on it. I was half surprised with myself that I found nitpicks the last time I did this. All I can say now is, that this is probably one of my favourite stories on here. I can't wait until my favourite tributes start dying... I am very afraid, I am certain that somebody will drop onions into my room again, but I'm also very excited for it :D

• I LOVE the story :)

• edited March 2015

I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH. AND MY SUGGESTION IS DURIAN ND CLEM TO BE FINAL TWO BTW :p

Edit: Oh god , i said "Durianna"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.