Catch A Ride Screenshots Discussion

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2015

The description Telltale provided for the one with Rhys, Sasha and Loader Bot Is interesting:

Explore the jungle of an Atlas terraforming facility in 'Tales from the Borderlands' Ep 3, available starting June 23

• Hold on a second, look at Gortys

Alt text

Now look here

Alt text

My god...

• Well, with the past events. However, I think the "present" with Rhys and Fiona takes place after Athena`s capture. Therefore, I think TftB is the farthest in the Borderlands series! :)

I'm definitely thinking this means Tales take place before the Athena-narrating scenes in TPS.

• Off-topic, but I love your new avatar. :P

Poogers555 posted: »

Hold on a second, look at Gortys Now look here My god...

• Thanks ;3 yours too!

Pipas posted: »

Off-topic, but I love your new avatar. :P

• Where's Vaughn and Handsome jack?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I wonder if any of these screenshots are part of some embellishment from either Rhys or Fiona, like the episode 2 screenshot where everyone was covered in Rhys' blood.

• Same here... :(
    Alt text

I already do, trust me.

• We know this means we'll see the beginning of Fiona and Rhys and their sexual tension. Oh, yeah.

Wait: LOVE IS IN THE AIR?!! Oh, Telltale, you ship-teasers you...

• Maybe the loadbot scene doesnt go as smoothly as it looks

dojo32161 posted: »

I wonder if any of these screenshots are part of some embellishment from either Rhys or Fiona, like the episode 2 screenshot where everyone was covered in Rhys' blood.

• Looks like the bot's about to stick a finger up stick up her butt's butt.

• The interrogation definitely takes place after Borderlands 2, since Sanctuary is in the air.

We know where the main-game storyline of TPS fits into the timeline (AKA how Jack turns into Handsome Jack), but as for the scenes that book

• Yes, this is what i think too.

Rhys and Fiona are Gortys' 'parents'.

Crips posted: »

Wat, I'm pretty sure Rhys will have a dad-son relationship with Gortys, just like Fiona will have mom-son Unless there will some fucked up things going on XD

• Hail to the kind or to the king?

I hope all those Fiona-choosers see this and immediately regret their decision. Hail to the king, indeed!

• I heard it might be after. As in Athena escaped, and they're trying to get her back

I'm definitely thinking this means Tales take place before the Athena-narrating scenes in TPS.

• Looks like he's in the mud...

Syberian posted: »

Hmm, true. Well, he did get stuck underneath that truck. Maybe that's what happened.

• So the epic Rhys shot could be embellishment! At least it'll be cool

Does anyone else think the Loader Bot flying the whole gang to safety is a little bit on the nose? * It's a peculiarly large spoiler fo

• I'd like to believe that, but I just can't see them letting us kill anyone of real importance. I'd love to be able to help Jack get revenge on Moxxi or Lilith.

J-Master posted: »

You know, Tales takes place AFTER Borderlands 2 and Anthony Burch is involved in the writing....so, I don't really think the original Borderlands characters are automatically safe...I mean Shade could die...soo

• nice screenshots but the one with loader bot and the whole gang is spoilery, we now know everyone survives the gortys facility.

• Man, looking at fuckin' Rhys though. I don't know if that's an embellishment or not, because he seemed pretty unsure and anxious when he let Jack take control at first; now he looks ready for some blood. Maybe he's lying in his rendition of the story to make himself seem more badass? Maybe the power is going to his head? Maybe Vaughn can die in this scene, and he's furious?

• Exercising, duh.

Tolispro posted: »

Where's Vaughn and Handsome jack?

• I see what you did there

• Ooh, good point!

Unused dialogue suggested the 'present' scenes take place a year after the main Fiona + Rhys storyline, so that's probably right.

NinjaCat23 posted: »

Well, with the past events. However, I think the "present" with Rhys and Fiona takes place after Athena`s capture. Therefore, I think TftB is the farthest in the Borderlands series!

• I swear I read that 10 times and still didn't notice...

Too much hype/sleep depravity! >_<

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Hail to the kind or to the king?

• Yes, forgot to mention that - we know it takes place after BL2, but as for where it fits into Tales ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The interrogation definitely takes place after Borderlands 2, since Sanctuary is in the air.

• Or that could be how Rhys looks/acts once Jack's fully taken over (hence the general badassery).

Piggs posted: »

Man, looking at fuckin' Rhys though. I don't know if that's an embellishment or not, because he seemed pretty unsure and anxious when he let

• You know, I don't really get that.

For someone to be the "Queenpin of Crime" that implies that there are things that are ILLEGAL on Pandora.

That there are ACTUAL LAWS.

Of which there aren't any.

Also, calling it: Fiona knocks Athena out in an attempt to placate Mordecai and Brick so they don't kill lump her in with the ex-assassin.

• edited June 2015

Well it looks like Athena doesn't want to kill Fiona so maybe a choice to turn on Athena or help her when Brick and Mordecai show up

The-Qing posted: »

You know, I don't really get that. For someone to be the "Queenpin of Crime" that implies that there are things that are ILLEGAL on Pando

• But maybe Athena works with them. It just kinda doesn't make sense for Brick and Mordecai trying to kill her since they know who she is already and what she's done. I can only see them fighting over Gortys, but why would they...

You know, I don't really get that. For someone to be the "Queenpin of Crime" that implies that there are things that are ILLEGAL on Pando

• Mortici.

Well it looks like Athena doesn't want to kill Fiona so maybe a choice to turn on Athena or help her when Brick and Mordecai show up

• In all fairness we don't officially know what Pandora's judicial proceedings are (despite how lawless it seems) - especially in somewhere new like Hollow Point.

We've had examples of laws/law enforcement in-game, though.

Jack obviously ruled Opportunity with an iron fist.

Then there was Nisha's role as the sheriff of Lynchwood.

And then Concordia had enforceable laws (the CU5TM-TP) and the Meriff.

Now all three of those aren't great examples because arguably they're due to Jack exerting his force, or are on a different planet, but we've also got Marshall Friedman who's basically Opportunity's sheriff, and who is shown to investigate crimes etc.

So maybe Hollow Point is the same?

I mean, who puts up the wanted posters/pays the bounty hunters if it's not some sort of law enforcement? In the past it was Hyperion/Jack (for the Vault Hunters), but I can't see them caring about some two-bit Pandoran con-artist like Fiona (until she screwed them over, of course)...

• Lilith could still want Athena for the Pre-Sequel interrogation though.

DeityD posted: »

But maybe Athena works with them. It just kinda doesn't make sense for Brick and Mordecai trying to kill her since they know who she is already and what she's done. I can only see them fighting over Gortys, but why would they...

• I think that's why so many people think that this might be in the lead up to the interrogation narrative parts of TPS. Because we know that Mordi and Brick are the ones who bring Athena in (and that she kicks their butts)!

DeityD posted: »

But maybe Athena works with them. It just kinda doesn't make sense for Brick and Mordecai trying to kill her since they know who she is already and what she's done. I can only see them fighting over Gortys, but why would they...

• Those phoenetics, tho.

Crips posted: »

Mortici.

• Gah, I keep missing your posts by seconds and end up posting the identical thing - sorry, I'm not ignoring your points or think they bear repeating - I'm just slow! >_<

Lilith could still want Athena for the Pre-Sequel interrogation though.

• Mortici and Brik, two very famous renaissance artists.

Those phoenetics, tho.

• Am I the only person who was straight-up terrified of ET as a child?

It still creeps me out TBH...

• Alt text

Gah, I keep missing your posts by seconds and end up posting the identical thing - sorry, I'm not ignoring your points or think they bear repeating - I'm just slow! >_<

• Are you guys ready for Tales from the Borderlands Episode 3: Everybody Loves Gortys and Claptrap hates that and him with all of his being because of that?

• I suppose. I always need to remind myself that even though TftB happened after BL2 and TPS but BL2's intro and ending happened who-knows-when.

Alt text

Lilith could still want Athena for the Pre-Sequel interrogation though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.