The Longest Night: A Walking Dead interactive story by Maxbear29

edited February 2016 in Forum Games

This is the actual story post of this story. You may submit characters here: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/97799/maxbear-s-walking-dead-story-character-submission-sheet-link-to-story-inside-when-it-begins. You may submit characters at any time, and it's highly encouraged, and there is no cutoff to when you may submit characters, and no max. number of characters. In fact, I'd really like some more, so feel free to submit one if you'd like!

This story is about a small number of survivors trying to survive the apocalypse, which takes place in North Dakota. The nights are scary, the land is hostile, and around every corner, there is progressively more and more walkers, slowly outnumbering the living. These survivors either need to fight or die, and hopefully, find a safe place to bunker down and survive, until the outbreak is contained, fixed, or they rebuild society. You may vote on certain decisions within the story, and decide the fates of all characters as they try to just fight through everything and stay sane, happy, and most of all, alive.

Living Characters:

William & Hannah McMullan: @mrquality

Ned Mogaith: @xSensus

Danny: @The_Walking_Danny

Hiyoko Enoshima: @BethGreene

Debra Valhee: @imighthavebrokenit

James Callahorn: @Raging_Blades

Pablo Rodriguez: @HIHAEL_KEEHL

Richard Jaxson: @Kalorb

In Memoriam:

N/A

Comments

• Obviously, as it is 1 in the morning where I live, I'm probably not making part 1 tonight, but I'll try, and even if I fail, part 2 will be released tomorrow morning for sure!

• Just before releasing part 1 I've decided: I only update the "In Memoriam" section after releasing the part after the character dies, so it doesn't just spoil the part where they die by looking at the main post. First part's coming really soon!

• edited August 2015

Danny

Danny crawled out of the ditch he had been sleeping in for the night. He had covered himself totally in branches, and used the dead remains of a dead fox he found being eaten by walkers to make the whole area he was sleeping in smell like death. He pretended to be a corpse, but since this was risky, he got all of 2 hours of sleep, and now had to continue on his road to find legitimate shelter. He shooed away roaches that were climbing all over the windbreaker he was using as his blanket underneath the twigs and branches and leaves, and put it on. This jacket had been through some shit. It was wet, filthy, torn, missing a sleeve from where a biter had almost killed him, but took his sleeve instead, allowing him to slip away, and was covered in blood. Some his, some walker's, some other survivor's. It had been about 2 months since the biters began to rise from the dead, but it felt like it had always been this way. He was alone, had been that way for a long time, and he had adjusted to the self serving nomad lifestyle. He didn't like it all that much, but he adjusted to it.

He pulled out his pistol, and scouted the perimeter. 2 biters to be seen. One a heavily decayed corpse with 1 leg, crawling down the road, barely moving. The other an average biter, but had been distracted, and was far away enough down the road he felt confident he could get away with sneaking in the opposite direction from it safely, but if that 1-legged bitch gave chase, and alerted the wanderer, he was fucked. He was on the side of a highway, and was headed southward, coming from the north. The wanderer was up to the north end, and the 1-legged biter was at the south, headed north. He just needed to hang it out until it passed, and he could continue down the road undisturbed. His pistol was still fully loaded, with 1 of his clips gone. He ransacked a cop car a few weeks back, and found a pistol and 3 clips, and since he rarely ever engages in combat, he's only shot 6 of those bullets. Damn good thing, too. The less he shoots, the more he has for a desperate situation.

Danny crouched behind the wall between the ditch and the highway, allowing the 1-legged biter to pass, before crawling out and getting on the road. He looked around, realizing he didn't actually see where the 1-legged biter went, he just rose and it was gone, and he assumed it passed. This discovery came too little too late however, as he saw the biter rise from the ditch opposite where he was crouching from, where it apparently fell in. It started making noises at him, and tried to stand and fell on it's front on the road. He looked around, feeling confident about taking on this 1 biter, as he realized the other wandering biter had turned towards him, now coming at him. Attempting to run south, where he wanted to go, he realized 3 biters were coming from the south towards him, too. One had emerged from the woods, and 2 were just on the path. And suddenly, he went from fighting 1 biter without a leg, to fighting 5 biters, which were closing in on him. He drew his gun nervously, as he looked past the biter from the north, and saw a small group of more biters coming to check out the surroundings.

"Oh, shit. Oh, shit shit shit." He mumbled to himself, as he realized he was being attacked now by between anywhere between 6-10 biters, all of which were solely focused on devouring his flesh. There was now the 1 legged one coming from the east, 3 coming from the south, and any number between 2-6 coming from the north, leaving him with one option. He evaluated every option quickly as he had little time left, and realized his best choice would be to bolt in to the thick, barely passable forest to the west, find a way to lose the biters, and hope to find the path again at some point and continue south.

Hannah & William

"Ugh, Hannah. Could you, like, hurry the fuck up and we can get out of this damn hellhole? I fucking hate motels, and mosquitoes, and this filthy car wreck!" William whined to his older sister, as she examined a rusted car pileup in the parking lot of a shitty roadside motel in the middle of nowhere. Hannah stood there sifting through junk and dirt, trying to find something of use to her and her brother. William began pacing back and forth, as he worriedly pulled out his cigarette case and zippo lighter, as he lit one of his fancy premium cigarettes, nervously taking a long drag.

"William, could you not smoke while I'm working? The smoke itself attracts walkers, and it just smells even worse than this dump of a hotel needs to." She said, as she poked her head put of the wreckage, "plus it will kill you. And that would be sad." William rolled his eyes and blew a smoke ring in her direction. She coughed, flipped him off, and continued scavenging. William continued to smoke quietly, nervously pacing, as Hannah stood up again. "Hey, William, catch!" She yelled, as she tossed him a box of granola bars, expiring in quite a while from now. "Found 'em in a tote bag. Seems like a family was on a road trip in one of these cars. Real tragic, seems they all died, as their car is fucking buried, but I can't find any corpses. There's also soap and shampoo and stuff in here, but without running water, they're not really useful."

Hannah pulled herself from the wreckage, and hopped onto the ground. "Nothing else in there." She said, as William unwrapped a granola bar, tossed his cigarette butt aside, and ate it in 10 seconds flat. Hannah did the same, as they both enjoyed the first good full serving of any food in the last 2 weeks or so.

"It's like 4:00 AM, we could totally sleep in this motel if we clear it out for a few hours, right?" William said, eagerly. "Good lord, what has the world come to that I am excited to sleep in a dank, dirty motel." Hannah checked out the motel, and thought about it for a moment. "Well, I am very tired...." She looked at the dark rings around William's eyes, and the rings around her own eyes in her reflection, and agreed. "Okay. If we board up the stairwell to any floor past the first, and just clear the first floor, then fine. We can use this as our camp for a day or two. But only that long. We keep moving after we scrape up whatever's left in it, and use it to sleep for however long we want to." William looked genuinely excited for the first time in a while, as Hannah opened the door, and lead the way in, and her brother followed soon after.

Debra

Debra crept past the treeline, peeking past the corner. She spotted a diner. It seemed pretty quaint and small, but it may have cans of food or other non perishables, plus it's REALLY out of the way, in the middle of nowhere, so there's a chance it's still untouched. She walked at a calm pace towards the diner, scouting around for walkers. She saw none, which was a good sign for this place being untouched. She just opened the door slowly, as it creaked extraordinarily loudly. "Just my luck, I decide to loot the one place where just getting in alerts all dangerous things. 'HEY WALKERS, I'M HEEEEEERE!!!!' " She thought to herself, chuckling, as she entered. She immediately spotted the desk where the candies would be, and the dish was totally empty.

"Shit" she thought, "I'm not the first one to come here. No harm in looking for things they missed, right?" She then decided to look down all the rows of tables to see anything on there that could be of use. Someone's purse with medical supplies, a package with a few saltines, anything. The main lobby looked empty though, and she got a little discouraged. But before she could dwell on that too much, she saw some movement. Someone, crouching, skittered out the other end of the row of tables. She got curious, thinking it couldn't be a walker because it moved too fast, and went to follow it. It may be a large dog or something, but she was pretty sure it was a survivor, and she wanted to help him/her. She looked around the corner, but they were gone, and she just shrugged it off as a hallucination from thirst.

"Oh yeah, I should check the fridge in this place for water bottles!" She thought to herself, headed towards the kitchen. When she reached the entrance area, though, she found a person. A woman, with long blonde hair, dressed all in black. She was holding a knife, looking at Debra menacingly, and talking to a fat man with a black mullet, who is also dressed in all black, but with a gun in his pocket, not a knife in his hand. The woman looked past Debra into the row behind her, and grinned evilly.

"Lochlain! Get 'er!" She yelled with a southern accent, as an amazingly strong arm all of a sudden wrapped around her neck. The arm covered most of her neck, and the part that didn't had a knife up to it. The fat man moved over in front of a row of seats pointing the gun at her, as the woman arrogantly slung a bag of goods over her shoulder. "I think we've got enough supplies from here, boys, but I am always up for a robbery!" the woman announced, pacing around in front of Debra.

"Give me e'erything you got, girly." The man holding her said in a gruff, bassy voice. Debra was mortified, but knew she had 4 courses of action. She had a swiss army knife in her pocket. She could stab the man in the leg, and hope to fight her way out, also taking their supplies, making her more likely to not die from the elements later in life, but she isn't that GREAT of a fighter, and it would be 3 on 1, but highest risk, BY FAR highest reward. She could run away, stabbing the man holding her and just bolting for the door directly behind her, or, obviously, she could give all of her supplies to them, which would save her right now, but potentially screw her in the immediate future. Or, as an extension to that plan, she could give all but a little food or water to them, holding on to a little for herself, but they could find she was lying and kill her....

Fight her way out

Flee

Legitimately surrender, giving up all your supplies

Pretend to surrender, hanging on to a few supplies for yourself

• [Fight her way out]

This promises pretty well :)

maxbear29 posted: »

Danny Danny crawled out of the ditch he had been sleeping in for the night. He had covered himself totally in branches, and used the dead

• edited July 2015

Flee

I guess this is a safe choice?

Great start! I already like it and it definitely has a lot of potential!

Danny Danny crawled out of the ditch he had been sleeping in for the night. He had covered himself totally in branches, and used the dead

• Fight her way out

• Flee

I love it!

• Flee

• Alright, as a vote of 3-2, Debra will flee the scene. Next part will be out later today, if all goes well.

• I had a screening of a friend's movie to attend, so I'm not quite done, but I'm pretty damn close. I'm going to sleep now, but the part will be done early in the morning, like the last one.

Alright, as a vote of 3-2, Debra will flee the scene. Next part will be out later today, if all goes well.

• edited August 2015

Ned

Ned followed the treeline, on the side of the dirt road. It was nice being in the country, because he was away from the walkers, the bandits, and that foul stench that the walking corpses leave in their wake. He had a machete that he found in some shack in the woods, but as far as being armed, that was the best he had. With no way to fight long range, he had to be extra careful at all times, and right now, anywhere he could sleep looked damn good right now. He rounded the corner from dirt to pavement, looking both ways, before slowly taking off to the left once more. The road was empty, and turned off at 2 points. A drive-in, and what Ned assumed to be an inn up ahead.

Ned practiced with his machete for a few swings. He's been using a shotgun from home up until 3 weeks ago. You run out of bullets fast, and the fact 60 shells only lasted him a month and a week really concerned him. The machete was perfect, though. Reusable, effective, brutal, and quick. Everything a weapon should be. He didn't want to dull the blade, of course, but if he had to, he'd slice and dice a few skulls. It sounded like his time for action had come, as a thin female walker who had rotted heavily started coming at him from the treeline, slowly but surely. Ned approached her, and took a horizontal swing at her eye level, chopping off the top of her head, making a clean cut, hitting a tree. Sure, she was rotting horribly, but that was a clean slice, and he all of a sudden had extremely high levels of confidence about this weapon.

Ned stepped over the corpse, approaching the building, as he spotted something odd. A car wreck, and it looked fairly recent. Ned climbed on top of it, and looked in, seeing an open purse, with a lot of stuff gone from it, and all of the not apocalypse-useful thing that would be stolen in the regular world, like a phone and a wallet, were strewn around it on the ground. Ned also heard some banging on glass and growling, so he figured it was high time to hop down onto the other side. With his machete readied, but still at his side, Ned approached the building, now recognizing it was a hotel. He also spotted something else of note. A cigarette on the ground. He reached down and touched it, and he could feel that it was still a little warm on the ash end. Someone was in this hotel. Ned considered turning around, but instead decided to go inside, thinking maybe the people inside are friendly. He held his machete, ready to attack, and slowly walked up to the door of the hotel...

Hannah & William

William paced back and forth nervously, looking all around for some sign of walkers, as Hannah pushed a couch up against her makeshift barricade of the stairs going up, to reinforce it. She has placed a bookshelf larger than the doorway, and some heavy chairs already, but this was to REALLY keep the barricade in place.

"You could help y'know?" Hannah said to William, as he continued to mill about, chewing his fingernails.

"I'm standing guard. I AM helping." William said nervously, as Hannah used all of her strength to shove the couch, pushing it into place, then sitting down leaning against it, panting.

"Well, no time to rest yet. Now for the fun part. Checking each and every room on this floor, and exterminating the 'pests'." Hannah said, standing up, as William sighed, and looked annoyed.

"Do we have to? Can't we just pick a room and bar the door so nothing can get in?" William said, in a whiny tone, as Hannah shook her head.

"We want to hang out in the lobby if we're staying here for a while, right? Sure, barring the door and hiding in 1 room is practical, but we want to enjoy ourselves, hey? It's not just survival, it's survival, and being comfortable while doing so. And if that means searching every inch of every room, and killing each and every last corpse we find, I'm all for it. Plus, there may be food in the snack bars and whatnot, and we want that from each room, so we can survive past a week from now, without starving ourselves half to death in the process" she said, walking towards the right hallway. William followed close behind, still shaking nervously, as Hannah chuckled.

"We've been through worse. Grow some balls, Will." Hannah said, jokingly, as William glared at her.

"Fuck off, Hannah. We could die at any-" he began, as they both stopped in the middle of the hall, as they heard the entrance door creak open. Hannah crouched right behind the corner, and signaled for William to the same, and he followed. They heard the person walking around slowly, moving things around. Hannah looked around the corner, and saw the man, bearded with long hair, looking at her barricade, smiling. She readied a chair leg as a clubbing weapon, and stood in front of William protectively. The man rounded the corner, and Hannah and William popped up, holding the chair leg, ready to smash him in the face with it. The man looked at them both, and cowered back, out of range of the leg.

"Woah, there, hey. I'm not here to hurt you. I just found the cigarette butt outside, and wanted to know if you needed any help?" The man said, with a friendly smile on his face. Hannah lowered her weapon, but was still skeptical.

"How can you prove you're no threat to us?" Hannah said, as the man thought about it, and then held up the machete he had in his hand.

"Machetes swing fast. If I was gonna rob you or something, I would have already done it. You had the club over your head, giving me a 3-4 second window to slash your guts out, and I could have, but thought better of coming in peace, eh?" The man said, smiling. "I'm here to help you out. Not hurt you. I'm totally alone, and travelling in packs is safer." Hannah considered it, and then turned to William, still suspicious of this man's honesty.

"Okay, you can stay with us for a while, but if you ever try to hurt me or my brother, I will kill you without a second thought." Hannah said, definitively. The man nodded, and put his machete back in it's sheath.

"To be expected. If I tried to hurt either of you, I'd deserve to be killed. I'm Ned." He said, extending a handshake.

"I'm Hannah." She responded, accepting the handshake.

"William." William said, finally calming down, shaking Ned's hand. Ned smiled, and turned to Hannah.

"So, what were you up to before I barged in?"

"Clearing out the rooms, looking for walkers, so we can sleep peacefully." Hannah replied, as Ned nodded approvingly.

"Smart." Hannah approached the first door, and slowly opened it, just a crack, and peered in.

"It's clear. Check under the beds, in the closet, everything." They all did so, finding no walkers. They repeated this same process, not finding anything, for the entire hallway. Eventually, they moved into the left hallway. As they passed through the lobby, they heard a growling, and immediately crouched up against the front desk.

"Shit. Anyone hear where that was coming from?" Hannah asked, as both William and Ned shook their head no. The growling cam again, and all of a sudden, they realized they picked a poor place to crouch. This realization came too late, however, because as soon as they stood up, the walker had already come out of the "employees only" room, and reached over the counter, latching onto William's shoulder with his hands, and was trying to pull him over the counter.

"PLEASE HELP!!!!! OH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HELP HELP HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" William screamed as loudly as he could, as Ned, panicking slightly, ripped out his machete, and slammed it into the back of the walker's skull, killing it, but getting the machete lodged in it's skull. Ned frantically tried to pry the machete out of it's skull, as they realized all of William's screaming had attracted more walkers. Some crawling out of the wreckage outside, some coming from the left hallway, some coming from the "employees only" room. Ned swiftly yanked the machete out of the walker's skull, as they realized it was time to go, and their only direction to get to safety was the right hallway. The horde wasn't huge by any means, but it sure as hell outnumbered them, and this wasn't a fight any of them wanted to fight. They ran down the hallway, turning into a random room, far away from the horde, but still, the horde was a minute at most to get to them. They ran in, as they all pushed on the door, trying to keep the door closed.

"Oh fuck me!" Hannah said, frustrated, as she grabbed the big, box TV from the stand, as Ned ran from the door, and helped her lift it. They managed to get it to the door, dropping it down as a temporary barricade. It only covered the bottom half of the door, however, and Ned and William continued to hold the top part of the door shut, as the walkers commenced banging on the door.

"Hannah, find some way for us to escape, I can't hold this forever!" William yelled, as Hannah looked around in a panic, evaluating all her options, as the walkers were slowly pushing the door back, more and more, bit by bit. She spotted a fire escape out the window, which they could escape out of, but they likely wouldn't lose their "tail", the horde of walkers, anytime soon. She also spotted a couch, so they could reinforce the barricade, and hope the horde loses interest, but that's a big "if". There is also lots of closets and such, so she could just grab her and William a weapon, and they could ready for a battle, as the horde wasn't all that large.

Fire Escape

Reinforce Barricade

Ready to Fight

Debra

Debra calmly held her hands out, and pretended to surrender, as the woman approached her to take her stuff, as Debra slowly pulled out her knife, stabbing the man holding her in the leg, making him let go and fall backwards, as the fat man drew his gun. Debra fled for the door, as a shot fired, hitting her in the shoulder, but that didn't stop her, she kept running, just holding her shoulder with 1 hand now. She managed to run through the door, luckily it was a push door, as the blonde woman gave chase. Debra now spotted a Jeep, which she didn't notice before, and she made a beeline for it. She made it to the door, which was not open, but the window was down, so she began climbing up the door to wiggle in through the window. The blonde woman caught up to her, and grabbed her foot, trying to pull her out of the window. The fat man ran out the door, pointing the gun at Debra.

"I got 'er Maggie!" The man yelled, taking a shot, hitting the roof of the Jeep. Debra kicked the woman, who she now knows is named Maggie, in the face, and crawled into the jeep. She was just expecting to use it as a hideout, but the keys were in the ignition, and she damn well knew what she had to do. She put the damned jeep into reverse, and sped out of the driveway. Maggie took a shot at her, hitting the windshield, putting a hole in it, but missing Debra entirely. The woman turned angrily to the fat man, and that was the last thing Debra stuck around to see, as she sped off down the road.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

2 things. A) My apologies to @BethGreene, as I haven't introduced Hiyoko yet, even though I usually do things in order of submissions. I have plans for her, and she just didn't have a place in this or the last part. But I have a plan for her, and it just fits better storyline wise to introduce it later. B) I'm not particularly proud of this part. I appreciate it if you like it, but if this is your first time reading, this isn't my best work. It just felt blech for me, specifically the end of the William & Hannah part, which just didn't feel natural to me. But y'know, we're all our own worst critics, maybe it's great. It just felt too long and unnatural to me, and I just wanted to apologize for it, but I couldn't figure out a better way to do things. Thanks for reading anyways, despite the lateness of the part.

• [Fire Escape]

Ned Ned followed the treeline, on the side of the dirt road. It was nice being in the country, because he was away from the walkers, the

• [Fire Escape] It's best not to fight them especially without a gun.

Ned Ned followed the treeline, on the side of the dirt road. It was nice being in the country, because he was away from the walkers, the

• [Fire escape] Time to GTFO

I thought this was a great chapter, I think you're criticizing yourself to much.

• Ready to Fight

It's totally fine that you haven't introduced Hiyoko yet and I understand entirely! And this story is so good!

• I'm closing the voting in a half hour, so If you want to vote, do it now.

• Lost track of time, talking to people. Sorry. New part out tomorrow, voting is closed, they will flee out the fire escape.

• Slight update: It may be up today. I'm exhausted, have stuff today, and do not want to write. I'm probably not releasing a part today, I just feel so miserable.

Lost track of time, talking to people. Sorry. New part out tomorrow, voting is closed, they will flee out the fire escape.

• edited August 2015

Hannah & William

"Quickly, the window!" Hannah yelled, as she tried to pry it open. It was sealed shut, and the crank to wind it open was broken off. In a panic, Hannah scrambled around the room, trying to find something to help her get through the window. Anything. She found a set of golf clubs in the closet, and readied to smash the window. She heard a snap, turned, and the door had a massive crack in it.

"HANNAH, HURRY THE FUCK UP, PLEASE!" William yelled, as Hannah wound back, and whacked the window. It cracked, but didn't shatter. Deciding to flip it around and try jabbing the window with the handle, the handle chipped away, but with frequent jabs, she managed to crack a hole in the window, the size of a ping-pong ball. The door was cracked badly, and the sofa was pushed out so far, a walker could almost slip through it at this point. Adrenaline pumping, Hannah gave the window one more wound up whack, and with a loud shatter, the window broke into pieces, not even leaving jagged edges around the frame, it shattered completely. Hannah, holding onto the golf club for anytime in the future she may need it, jumped through the window, onto the last flight of steel stairs on a tall, tall fire escape. She beckoned for William and Ned to run to her, and William bolted before Ned could even turn around. Ned, with the door barely being held back at all, sprinted right for the window, and the second he left the door, walkers began spilling into the room. He ran as fast as he could, following Hannah and William down the stair into the back parking lot, where they could finally rest. William took out a smoke, as they gazed back at the room they escaped from, filled with walkers, unaware where their delicious meal had gone.

Debra

Debra, still roaring down the highway in her Jeep, decided to pull over for a moment, and actually check the Jeep, see if it had any supplies. She undid her seat belt, and looked in the backseat and trunk. "Oh my god." She thought, looking at what she found. A purse, clearly Maggie's purse, filled with food and water bottles, but it also had a handgun and a large amount of bullets. She also found 3 boxes of food and supplies in the trunk, and more than enough gas to get her from here to New Mexico and back. Maggie and her crew were idiots, this Jeep is filled with everything she needed to survive for the next 7 months, at least! She was so ecstatic, she had just stolen a goldmine of supplies, from some horrendous people, too. She also found a map, covered in dots. The diner she was just at had a red dot, some places had a red dot, but it was covered with a green dot, and one place, a costco, had a purple dot.

Debra heard the sounds of a walker, and decided it was time to get going. She started up the engine, and whirred down the road, hoping to come up to a safe place to sleep for the night, but if not, the Jeep worked for that, too. This goddamn Jeep is the greatest stroke of luck Debra had ever had, and she was so grateful for it.

Hiyoko

Hiyoko was lounging on the recliner in her mansion's living room, tossing a tennis ball in the air and catching it, waiting until her 4 maids and butlers return from getting food. She was fucking hungry, and when she is hungry, she is irritable. Finally, after a solid 2 hours of wait, she heard a slam at the door. She stood up, so pumped to eat, and ran into the kitchen, where she met her mother and butlers/maids. One of their butlers, Kevin, was lying on the floor in the fetal position, clutching his left arm, and everyone else looked very sad, and Hiyoko had an idea of whar was going on.

Their Canadian butler, Erin, decided to speak, in a somber tone. "Kevin, he.... he's bitten." Hiyoko assumed as much as soon as she saw everyone, but still, she was in shock. Kevin was their most athletic butler, and he was dead. "Takako needed a boost to reach some spam on a tall shelf, so Kevin offered, and she stood on his shoulders, and he was so focused on not dropping her that he didn't see-"

"It's not important how he got bit. What is important is why..." Hiyoko's mother began, in an agitated, but calm tone, "why you felt the need to bring an infected man into this household." She glared at them, as she picked up a shotgun.

"He lives here, Mrs. Enoshima, we just thought you could sort out what to do to help him!" Hiyoko glared at Takako for saying this, then helped Kevin to his knees.

"I know exactly. What to do. About Kevin." Mrs. Enoshima said, as she put a shotgun to Kevin's temple.

"No please, just let me turn. I'd rather live out my full life, then end it here." Kevin said, as Mrs. Enoshima looked down.

"And put another walker into this world? No. I cannot allow that." She said, softly, as Kevin closed his eyes, and Mrs. Enoshima pulled the trigger. "Now. If you would, Erin and Amelia, please prepare a grave for Mr. Kevin Beauregarde, and Takako, be a dear and clean up the blood, and then prep dinner for us all? I don't mean to be rude, you can be on gravedigging duty if you cannot handle the blood. Thank you all." Hiyoko's mom then headed off into her study, and everyone got t work, and Hiyoko began throwing her tennis ball on the recliner again.

6 hours later, it was late at night. Kevin was buried in a proper grave, and most everyone was asleep, save Hiyoko and Takako. There was a sudden loud banging on the door, so Hiyoko instinctively grabbed a shotgun, and ran to the upstairs window, as Takako, and a just awoken Erin joined her. The man would not stop banging on the door, and it was so late, that Hiyoko could only see his outline and tell he was male through the darkness, but she could see no details. The man was still banging, so at the risk of awaking more people, Hiyoko fired a warning shot near his feet, and he stopped.

"Hello! I'm sorry to even be doing this, but I'm desperate. I have no food, no water, and no shelter, I'll die within the week. Please, let me in." The man was not facing the window, but Hiyoko could still not make out any details.

"Sorry, sir. We cannot let you win. Walk away now, before I take another shot, and this time, aim a bit to the left." Hiyoko called out, and the man stayed put.

"I was hoping this place would be abandoned, I don't generally trust people like this, but between starvation, dehydration, hypothermia, and the biters, I'm on my last legs. Please. I just need some food, water, and a place to spend the night. Please. This is the only house for miles. I'm so desperate." The man was truly desperate. He had a gun pointed at him, and continued to ask for the thing he got a gun pointed at him for in the first place.

"Come on, Hiyoko, he just needs some supplies and space, and we have plenty of both, just let him in." Takako said, as Erin shook his head.

"We gotta be careful. He could be lying, and suckering us into a robbery. Robbers are all over these woods, so he's just gonna take all our stuff and escape. Just send him away, or maybe.... just shoot him here? I know it sounds awful, but if he is gonna die anyway, may as well spare the world from a walkers, plus be more merciful in a way, and send a message to his potential robber buddies." Erin said, as Takako looked appalled.

"That's a little too paragmatic, Erin. He seems to have good intentions. I trust him. Let him in, Hiyoko."

"No, Takako. We just can't. Even if he has good intentions, 1 more mouth to feed is a HUGE difference. 5 to 6 doesn't seem that bad, but it is. Trust me. We'll run out of food so much faster."

"Erin, we had Kevin up until today, and that was 6 people!"

"But we don't need to go back up to 6. Kevin was a good man, and already here, this could be a bad man, plus we don't need to have 6 people. Sure it's nicer to let him in, but it's so much dumber. Either send him away, or kill him here, Hiyoko. Trust me on this one, I know for a fact I'm right, in every possible scenario."

"Hiyoko, let him in. It's just so cruel and unlike us to turn a begging man away."

Let Him In

Send Him Away

Shoot Him

• Send Him Away

Hannah & William "Quickly, the window!" Hannah yelled, as she tried to pry it open. It was sealed shut, and the crank to wind it open

• Send Him Away

Hannah & William "Quickly, the window!" Hannah yelled, as she tried to pry it open. It was sealed shut, and the crank to wind it open

• Let Him in

Great part!

• Let Him In

• Oh, what? Nobody's going for shoot him? I had a part all written out for each option, and shoot him was like a paragraph and a half! So easy! (I wasn't expecting anyone to pick shoot him, y'all are too nice.)

• I can't actually continue until the tie is broken, so either @BethGreene or @Raging_Blades votes and breaks the tie, or someone changes their vote (which is like a last ditch thing, so don't bother with that until it's been quite long)

• edited July 2015

Oh man sorry, I forgot it was a separate thread from character creation. My vote is Let Him In

I can't actually continue until the tie is broken, so either @BethGreene or @Raging_Blades votes and breaks the tie, or someone changes their vote (which is like a last ditch thing, so don't bother with that until it's been quite long)

• I know I'm probably late, but nevertheless Shoot Him >:)

• Alt text

BethGreene posted: »

I know I'm probably late, but nevertheless Shoot Him

• For all I know that could be my character, and I'm not going to get him killed.

Oh, what? Nobody's going for shoot him? I had a part all written out for each option, and shoot him was like a paragraph and a half! So easy! (I wasn't expecting anyone to pick shoot him, y'all are too nice.)

• Voting closed, and as a vote of 3-2-1, Hiyoko will let the man in...is this wise? ;)

• I have a headache today, but the part is half done from yesterday, so it'll be up soon.

• Hope you feel better :/

I have a headache today, but the part is half done from yesterday, so it'll be up soon.

• edited August 2015

UPDATE

Not a bad one either, like most "haven't posted for a while" updates. It's 4 AM, so I'm gonna try to be awake and focused for the next 5 minutes.I am posting now, because I'll forget if I don't. I've been sick lately, and I recovered yesterday, or I guess 2 days ago, as it is Thursday technically, but I've been busy making up for lost time. I have plans on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so Thursday will have a post that's already half done, and Monday, if all plans remain the same, will be the next part after that. Just to tide you over, and to reward your patience, here's a sneak peek of the next part ;)

James walked quickly down the highway, mask on, a knife in each hand. Simply trying to make it to the next rest stop in a short amount of time, his coat was absolutely caked with blood and brain bits, and he did not care. He'd clean it off when there was an appropriate place to stop. James saw 3 figures in the distance. Might be human, might be walker. Does it really matter to him? No. He just kept storming his way down the highway, and didn't care what stepped in his way.

Wanna finish that post? Then you better check it out on Thursday, I guess ;)

• edited August 2015

I'm really sorry guys, I had some things I needed to do, and this got lost in the mix and forgotten. I may release it tomorrow, depending on time constraints.

• Hiyoko

Hiyoko lowered her gun. She looked at the man.

"Fine. You can come inside. Takako, go answer the door, please." Hiyoko said calmly, as Takako smiled, and ran downstairs.

"You really screwed up, Hiyoko. Look, he seems harmless when you first meet him, but most killers do. So when he pulls a knife on us, never say I didn't try to tell you." Erin said, frustrated, as he walked off to go back to sleep. The man walked in, and he was very thin. Not "he's on the brink of death" thin, more along the lines of "he hasn't eaten a proper meal in a week" thin. He had a worn, bloodied, discolored and torn windbreaker on, and a look of relief on his face.

"Thank you so much ms..." The man said, as he extended a handshake to Takako.

"Takako." She said, as he shook her hand.

"Hiyoko." Hiyoko said, as the man smiled nervously.

"I'm Danny, nice to meet you." Hiyoko could tell the man was apprehensive to even enter the house, but glad they let him in.

"Here, sweetie, I'll take your winbreak-" Takako began, as Danny interrupted her

"No, it's quite alright! I'm.... I'm fine, sorry, just a bit tired, plus this jacket isn't all that warm anyway." Danny looked nervous, but Takako tried to calm him.

"Look, honey, I'll make you some food and show you your room. How does tinned artichoke hearts and some earl grey tea sound?" Takako asked, and Danny nodded. "Alright, then, I'll light the wood stove, and start boiling the water."

Danny followed Takako into the kitchen, still awkward and nervous, as she eagerly helped him get settled in. Hiyoko went back upstairs, lied on her bed, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

James

James walked quickly down the highway, mask on, a knife in each hand. Simply trying to make it to the next rest stop in a short amount of time, his coat was absolutely caked with blood and brain bits, and he did not care. He'd clean it off when there was an appropriate place to stop. James saw 3 figures in the distance. Might be human, might be walker. Does it really matter to him? No. He just kept storming his way down the highway, and didn't care what stepped in his way.

As he approached the 3 figures, he could tell they were human, and could overhear some bickering.

"...Leave it alone, Barrett, it's neither here nor there." Said a southern female voice.

"But Mags, we lost all of our good loot!" Yelled a somewhat deep, male, Welsh accented voice. "It's fucking important to have supplies and a way to travel, and we lost both of those fucking things to that bloody cunt!"

"Don't be rude, Barrett, stupid bastard. Maybe if you were a bit of a better shot-" a gruff voice began, as the 3 suddenly realized James' presence. "Ah, but look at this fella over here. Maybe he'll cooperate."

"Yeah, right. The way he carries himself, and with those fucking knives, and that goofy goddamn mask, he looks like a lame-ass video game character!" The southern woman exclaimed, as she approached him to cut him off. "We won't need to get him to cooperate, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter! Heh."

James tried to force his way past her, but she put her hand on the center of his chest, and the fat Welsh man pulled out a gun. the gruff-voiced muscular man also pulled out a Swiss army knife, and the southern woman pulled out her knife.

"You heard me loud and fucking clear, boy. Give us all of your shit, and nobody needs to get hurt." The Southern woman, who James assumed to be "Maggie" said. The fat man, "Barrett", raised his gun, pointing it directly at James' skull, and the gruff-voiced man, "Lochlain", approached him slowly with the knife, going to take James' knives. James, realizing what he had to do, ducked down, so he was out of the line of fire of Barrett, dove forward, and tackled Lochlain. James then lifted Lochlain, and used his torso as a meat shield for bullets, going to stab him in the chest. Lochlain hip tossed him painfully, directly onto the pavement, but James rolled on his side anyway, avoiding a gunshot from Barrett. Maggie started barking inaudible orders at Lochlain and Barrett, as James quickly took out Barrett's legs, forcing him to drop his gun on impact with the ground.

"C'MON, LOCH! GET 'EM!" Maggie roared, as Lochlain picked James up by his collar, and James kicked him square in the center of the chest, landing in the middle of the circle, with Lochlain, Maggie, and Barrett all an equal distance from him. Maggie barking orders, commanding the other 2 on how to fight better, Barrett scrambling for his gun, and Lochain flat on his back, sitting up. James had to make a split second decision. Who did he want to take out? The clear leader, Maggie, the muscle, Lochlain, or the man with the gun, Barrett.

Maggie

Lochlain

Barrett

Ned

Ned, William, and Hannah had been on the road for a while, trying to find places to stay,eat, and be protected from the walkers. They were currently in a downtown-ish area, completely abandoned, with walkers crawling in every last crevasse of the town. They were in the center of a crosswalk, just heading out of a bar they stopped in, that had nothing for them. Just a load of walkers, and money in the register, which isn't much use to them at the moment. They were alone, with nothing, hungry, thirsty tired, and miserable.

"...Shoulda fucking picked up food from the hotel..." William angrily mumbled, as Hannah and Ned continued to walk in front of him, mapping out where to go next.

"Everywhere we may wanna go is so far away, we can't really do it. Remember, Ned, we're on foot, not planning out a cross-country road trip." Hannah said, as Ned chuckled.

"I know, listen. Bunbury isn't all that far from here, and it's super underpopulated, we can go try n ransack whatever establishments would have food. If you wanna find food and water, you gotta think outside the box. For example, most people would loot a convenience store day 1, but who would think to check a vacuum store? Maybe they have bottles of water for the workers in the fridge." Ned said, pointing at Bunbury again, "Who would think to go to a suburb with few people? Not everyone. If a whole family died, then maybe their house is nice and stocked up!"

"Look, I don't give a fuck where we go, guys." William said, lighting a cigarette, "can we just get there soon? We've been slowly walking around town, and my legs are getting tired!"

"Shut up, William!" Hannah said, as William flipped her off.

"Hey, guys, look." Ned said somewhat excitedly, pointing towards a garage. "It's perfect! If we can lock off the door leading from the auto repair shop itself, they probably have a pop machine in there. We just dissect it, and take all the water bottles we can. Plus, if the employees only room has a couch or 2, it could be a good resting place!" Hannah looked pensively at the shop.

"I could dissect the pop machine if there is one, no problem, but even better, I could maybe get a car working from there!" Hannah said, as William shrugged.

"Sure. That works."

"Okay, we're all in agreement. We stay in the auto shop, we get supplies, we clear it out, and use the Employees only room as a place to sleep." Ned stated, as everyone nodded, and they all walked into the garage.

Author's note

Sorry this took so long, I finally found time to finish it up today. I'm not all that proud of this one either, it just felt rushed and short to me, but I promise, next week's is looking pretty good already! (Yes, I'm already writing bits of next week's, I don't need the result of the vote to write all the other parts.)

• I knew that it was my character :D

Maggie

Hiyoko Hiyoko lowered her gun. She looked at the man. "Fine. You can come inside. Takako, go answer the door, please." Hiyoko said cal

• Barrett

Gun=Power. Maybe he could get the gun and turn it on them.

Great part! Glad to see it back!

Hiyoko Hiyoko lowered her gun. She looked at the man. "Fine. You can come inside. Takako, go answer the door, please." Hiyoko said cal

• Barrett

• I'm closing voting tomorrow at noon, so if you're yet to vote, be sure to vote before then!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.