The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Ending - Did y'all just forget this part?

Comments

• Sounds very plausible to me. The plot thickens!!!

TommyW posted: »

faith and Nerissa were not the same person at first after faith left you the night she got beat up something happened Nerissa got ki

• You do make some good points. The ring thing, Nerissa could have easily gotten that from the body. But the bruises are hard to disprove. Unless it's just not true, I'm taking your word on it. But that seems like a hard thing to overlook.

My only problem is that if it is the real Faith we see at the Woodsman's apartment, how can all this happen within a few hours? Nerissa would have to "sell out" Faith, Faith get her ribbon taken off, then Nerissa taking her head and putting it on the doorstep. Seems like a lot for a short amount of time.

Also, isn't his home and his office in the same building? Like I said, you make a lot of good points, just not enough to get me to buy this whole sacrifice theory. I like it, but I can't see it. Especially with the lengths Faith went through for Lawrence.

Kronos9294 posted: »

I believe you guys are thinking way to hard. Its simple. if you had multiple play thru like I had you'd have all the information instead of

• so weve all established for the pictures to be taken there had to have been a 3rd person. if you think about it hard enough,

if you decide to let narissa go at the end, bigby walks back into the woodlands and you hear bloody marry say (as she said earlier to Bigby)
    :"see you around...wolf"
    so im pretty convinced that around sometime in the story YES faith had been dead the whole time & narissa was glamered into her to start the whole charade, BUT;
    then sometime narissa was killed and it was actually bloody marry the entire time as her, playing bigby like a game

• But then you have to remember that Swineheart is still running more tests... I seriously believe Swineheart has a huge part in this. Maybe he knows the truth, maybe not. If we see him twice in the story, you would think he would mention Faith's head at least once, as it is so integral.

I think that's the simplest and most "accurate" hypothesis. Nerissa-as-being-Faith (thus, Faith being alive because Nerissa was killed inste

• I did not mind the ending. Its something that can be debated until the cows come home. Plus answering that would not clean everything up, so there's no point

• True she did subtly communicate this to Bigby, but this doesn't explain why wouldn't she just tell him openly. There would be no real repercussions for it, not as huge and jarring of repercussions as there would be if she told Bigby she's actually was Faith the whole time.

To me, Nerissa/Faith really wanted to break out of the CM's clutches and speak what was really on her mind; throughout the whole season we see she does everything she can to try to speak and to show Bigby what she's really thinking. Now when she's able to speak freely, she leaves one of the biggest secrets she was hiding the whole as only a subtle nod. It doesn't make sense unless it's a really big secret.

A "I was glamoured as someone else before" is less shocking and has no reason why it can't be told openly than "I'm actually someone you thought died earlier and why you started this whole case in the first place."

Not really an argument against because she basically tells Bigby that she was Faith when they first met by saying the line "You're not as bad as everyone says you are". You can tell Bigby understands what that means by his surprised expression.

• Well, "Rachel" morphs back into Aunty Greenleaf when Bigby opens the glamour tube.

I'd more chalk it up to plot convenience than cause and effect. It's not like someone was going to come running to Bigby and tell him that t

• Believe your OWN theory, not others'. I think your theory is certainly plausible. :) The game is so good because it makes you think! So stick with your theory.

• Also to add more to the point........

Bigby: Show me......show me Faith.

Magic Mirror: Through powerful magic her whereabouts concealed. Unfortunately for you "These lips are sealed."

Bigby: What?

Magic Mirror: These lips are sealed. It's not my choice of phrasing, Bigby. It's simply the way this has to be.

True she did subtly communicate this to Bigby, but this doesn't explain why wouldn't she just tell him openly. There would be no real reperc

• TO BE HONEST WE NEED A TIMELINE!!! ITS HARD TO SAY WHO DID WHAT IF WE DONT KNOW WHEN FAITH DIED.. But anyway...Bruh it's faith. Nerissa wasnt a huge role in the story anyway. It would make sense for faith to leave anyway, I mean half the fables wanted to start over with a clean slate(including bigby). 1. why would the dialogue about faiths dead body pop-up at the end? Bigby never found a tube for faith(cause he never thought he would need one), so he realized at the end that maybe her body would have turned to nerissa if he found one, and why swine heart had to run some more tests.
    2. The whole story foreshadows that life is miserable(with crooked man or without) so who wouldn't take the opportunity to leave and start over?
    3. prince Lawrence was a loser. I believe that the reason faith was working was because Lawrence wasnt(???) so she was probably tired of putting up with that kind of life!(foreshadowed by Beauty and beasts relationship)
    4. i want it to be faith idk :p
    5. it ends with her saying we'll meet again some day( of course this could be wrong if the timeline proves that faith died before this meeting, then it's always been nerissa.)
    6. TIMELINE!!!!! SOMEONE DO IT PLEASE

• I believe the simplest answer is correct, Nerissa impersonated Faith. What makes this NOIR is that Bigby, only briefly, developed an immense rapport with 'Faith', and a large part of his motivation during the ensuing investigation was to bring this woman he had a momentary yet what he himself considered a very touching moment vengeance. Therefore, when Nerissa blows the deal, all that meaning Bigby had invested in that moment actually meant nothing as Faith was already dead. Pretty soul-crushing, and exactly how good noir should be.

mosfet posted: »

In any case, the Nerissa as Faith theory is rock solid. It explains everything, has a plausible motive, and no holes other than that final f

• And let's not all forget that it would be impossible for a headless body to manage to keep a glamour tube in her pocket in order for the body to continue looking like Faith even if it was Nerissa. Nerissa was glamoured to look like Faith from the start, and the head on the doorstep was the real Faith. I don't think Faith would do that to Lawrence, either, leaving him believing his wife had died. Nerissa was helping Bigby through the entire season. Bigby never met the real Faith. If you'll notice, on the blackboard in The Cut Above, there is a list of how to make glamours for nearly ever Fable in Fabletown. Faith's name was up there, so Nerissa getting one wouldn't have been difficult.

Razerhdd posted: »

Also to add more to the point........ Bigby: Show me......show me Faith. Magic Mirror: Through powerful magic her whereabouts conceale

• Actually Georgie said that none of them are free from the ribbon's curse till Vivian's ribbon is taken off.

Skiba7671 posted: »

She was killed by the ribbon being pulled off. The spell wouldn't be active still.

• I am still confused about who is really who. Was Faith really Faith? I mean Woody hits her at the beginning and Faith's severed head had bruises, so wouldn't it really be Faith and not Nerissa glamoured as Faith? Can someone please help a gal out so I won't be confused anymore.

• I hope that he is the photographer (that question has been burning in my mind) but I haven’t convince myself yet.

I agree with your comments of the pictures appearing to be taken from a car. However, after the scene where Faith kisses Bigby (one of the photos taken) Bigby pans around looking up and down the length of the street. There is no taxi cab I can see, just Toad’s car and a yellow car parked that are parked on the street. Nor did I hear a car pull away during that interval.

I hope someone can clear this up for me. Thanks.

SkyAbove posted: »

I don't know if it was brought up before, but I wanted to mention something. This thread became another discussion about Faith/Nerissa, but

• This is the theory I like best. She couldn't tell Bigby (because of the ribbon) so she showed him instead

That was my thought as well. By the beginning of Episode 1, Faith was already dead. Knowing that she had to point Bigby in the direction of Georgie, Nerissa glamored herself as Faith to make Faith's occupation crystal clear to Bigby.

• I agree with you. The photo of Faith and Nerissa confirms it. It certainly looks like Faith is telling Nerissa "You better do it, or I'll be doing it for you"

Kronos9294 posted: »

I believe you guys are thinking way to hard. Its simple. if you had multiple play thru like I had you'd have all the information instead of

• Idk guys ... if telltale wants to continue the game , they had to bring a cliffhanger. A lot of theories made sense to me .

• Nice theory, but Nerissa covering Faith for her bruises is not correct. If the head on the steps is the glamoured Nerissa one, you can see she still got the bruises. No purpose to glamour a bruised person.

Pride posted: »

We know that Nerissa and Faith had a fight shortly before one of them died. I guess that's the moment when they somehow exchanged identities

• Though Lilly's head glamoured as snow manage to stay glamoured as snow, without being near a glamour tube.

• edited July 2014

She might have gotten the bruises, but maybe for a glamoured person it would be just the looks, you know?

In addition, Faith could have very well played a victim card and said she was pain both emotionally and physically over Woody's beating.

"Nerissa, I... I can't go to work today. Not after what happened... I need a little time to rest, I don't feel too good. Could you please cover for me? Just this once...?" imagine that while crying, or sobbing, looking extremely sad, or something.

Nerissa seems like a sweet girl, being a Little Mermaid and all, I'm sure she would have helped out her friend in that situation.

Nice theory, but Nerissa covering Faith for her bruises is not correct. If the head on the steps is the glamoured Nerissa one, you can see she still got the bruises. No purpose to glamour a bruised person.

• Idk. If Faith was actually dead before the story started, then Faith technically had those bruises on her face before she went to the Woodsman's apartment which I don't buy. I don't remember any of the Woodsman's interrogation suggesting she came in with bruises. And Nerissa would have had to get hold of Faith's coat. The similarities in speech is suspicious, though they were friends so speech and mannerisms can replicate between them. I honestly feel bad for Lily, few care for the troll.

That1Guy posted: »

Oh, so Bigby never actually met Faith? As in the Faith he had met was Nerissa all along? That's what makes the most sense imo.

• The ribbon can't have power over you if you aren't wearing it.

LukaszB posted: »

Actually Georgie said that none of them are free from the ribbon's curse till Vivian's ribbon is taken off.

• It does and only Georgie and Vivian know that, till they mention it.

Skiba7671 posted: »

The ribbon can't have power over you if you aren't wearing it.

• It's clear that Faith lived because of Bufkin's line about Faith's story at the end. She disguised herself so she could escape from the Crooked Man's "kingdom".

First off, it was HEAVILY hinted Nerissa is Faith at the end of the episode. Otherwise there wouldn't have been so much emphasis put on the

• She only hid he beauty to escape in the original story. In this one, she hits her identity so she can escape. Pull it together.

It doesn't make sense anyway. She hid her beauty by posing as a beautiful woman?

• lol you are totally right! I didn't even notice that 0_o. I meant to say that her experience with Bigby during the fight allowed her to trust him enough with caring about Nerissa's Death. But thank you so much! Have a correction to make! :) looking up your theory btw

I agree with everything you wrote here, if you look up about what I wrote here you'll see that it matches in some points with yours theory.

• Yeah a lot of people have been debating with Faith's intentions.. I'm just the type of person to look for the good in people if I think it's there , you know? lol but yeah, that's very possible that she had more evil intentions than what I stated...

MrSeagull posted: »

I agree with most of this, except I think Faith is a bit more guilty than you. My hypothesis is that the real Faith did try to blackmail h

• Nope, that was Nerissa's voice as far as I remember.

DavenH posted: »

so weve all established for the pictures to be taken there had to have been a 3rd person. if you think about it hard enough, if you decid

• One thing that i remembered when putting my theory down was that bigby said that Faith's head went through an hour of rigamortis (or something close to it) so that how I figured out when the fight with Georgy, Nerissa and her took place... A lot of people forget that detail but I feel like it's very important in trying to put in the missing pieces of the story...

Rob_K posted: »

One possibility is that Nerissa is actually Nerissa. However, she was glamoured as Faith in episode 1.

• I agree with Cthu... Him and I had almost the same theory and while the intentions of why Faith glamoured as Nerissa can be argued as good or evil, there is no doubt that Faith is Nerissa at the end of the game... I just used that evidence to work backwards in the mystery; you know where it ends, so work yourself back to the beginning. And I feel that TellTale would make it this way on purpose. Not only to ignite replay value, but to leave players with an underlying mystery that they thought wasn't even there in the 1st playthrough... check out my theory on the 3rd page, it might convince you guys of this theory, or not lol but it's worth a look... :) If any questions come up toward it, I'll answer them asap lol

It wouldn't be added into the narrative if it wouldn't make any sense, you simply don't just put any line for the sake of it in the most imp

• lol you'll see theories to that all over this forum lol a lot of people have a lot of different theories as to why Faith in ep. 1 and Nerissa at the end of ep. 5 were saying similar things... you just have to find the one you most agree with, or make your own lol :)

danigrl04 posted: »

I just joined this conversation to ask one question why was Nerrisa saying a bunch similar things faith said that night was she trying to get caught or was she trying to tell bigby something

• I definitely agree 100% with this theory. Mine is on page 3 and it says exactly the same thing and chtu's too on page 2... The only thing I believe can be argued is Faith's intention in all this; if you read mine, I actually say she didn't mean for her friend to die and she feels guilty that that life was forced not only on herself but on all of her best friends, and murder was the price of getting out. But like stated before, I think this theory is the true theory and the only thing really debatable is Faith's Intentions... Is she really "The Wolf Among Us"?

shrugging shoulders

Guess we'll have to see in a sequel lol ;)

Pride posted: »

We know that Nerissa and Faith had a fight shortly before one of them died. I guess that's the moment when they somehow exchanged identities

• edited July 2014

lol Rizefall, Lilly's glamour didn't disappear... It became ineffective when you, as Bigby, opened it... it is possible for them to run out, but this is not applicable in Lilly's case or another example is Auntie Greenleaf's glamour tube. She was a little child and tried to stop you (Bigby) from opening it, and when you did, she turned into her true self. :)

Rizefall posted: »

One thing everyone seem to forget is that they found Faiths head. Her, fucking head. Even if it's glamoured it sooner or later should disapp

• Ah, good point, I never thought about that.

KirstyJ posted: »

It's clear that Faith lived because of Bufkin's line about Faith's story at the end. She disguised herself so she could escape from the Crooked Man's "kingdom".

• No problem. And I'm definitely of the same mind about that.

About my theory, it is pretty much the same as yours. I posted couple of posts in this thread whilst still contemplating both theories in my head, until at some point I finally got convinced that it was Faith and not Nerissa all along.
    My most coherently written post about the theory can be found on second page of this thread, I put the facts by numbers there, six of them.

And if you find anything that should be corrected, please do so.

Annananax2 posted: »

lol you are totally right! I didn't even notice that 0_o. I meant to say that her experience with Bigby during the fight allowed her to trus

• edited July 2014

I might be cynical, but it was my initial thought that Faith deliberately played Nerissa and set her up to get killed for her betrayal. I honestly don't want to see it that way, but it is the thought that I simply can't kick out of my head.

On a purely rational level I equally believe in that possibility which you have mentioned, that Nerissa got killed before Faith had time to react and that she felt remorse afterward. That would actually explain her angry reaction to Crooked Man when he can't remember Nerissa's name, as if she wants for Nerissa to stay remembered now that she's dead, even though she was just a nameless, unimportant prostitute for most people in life.

Still, emotionally, I strongly feel that Faith set her up to avoid losing her own head and punish her for betraying her and Lily. I usually do have difficult time when trying to find genuinely good intentions and innocence in people, so I might be biased here.

Annananax2 posted: »

Yeah a lot of people have been debating with Faith's intentions.. I'm just the type of person to look for the good in people if I think it's there , you know? lol but yeah, that's very possible that she had more evil intentions than what I stated...

• The last words in the game - I'll see you around, Wolf - told by Faith's voice and written with her blue colour.

• So guys do you think that there is a SEASON TWO for this game or does it end that way ??

• edited July 2014

I'd bet on the latter.

So guys do you think that there is a SEASON TWO for this game or does it end that way ??

Sign in to comment in this discussion.