Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• That's a very good question. One I'd like to give an answer for, but I'm not sure what it is. :)

Mustache guy is right and why was this replied to me?

• :P

That's alright, buddy.

Revec posted: »

That's a very good question. One I'd like to give an answer for, but I'm not sure what it is.

• Let's hope all the future episodes have as long and as excellent quality as the first one. I was legitimately surprised it lasted as long as it did, governing with how short episodes from TWD 2 and TWAU (episode's 2-5) were.

I just fear that we'll have it like that again though when Game of Thrones starts, two ongoing projects really doesn't bode well.

• edited November 2014

I dunno, for TWD S2 it seemed like they aimed for 90 minutes rather than made them 90 minutes because they were short on staff, I'm sure that if they wanted to make 2 hour long episodes (the fans want them to for sure) they probably will continue to release 2 hour episodes from now on.

CathalOHara posted: »

Let's hope all the future episodes have as long and as excellent quality as the first one. I was legitimately surprised it lasted as long as

• two ongoing projects really doesn't bode well.

Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands have two completely separate teams, so they really shouldn't have that much of a problem. I believe Wolf and Walking Dead s2 had the same teams, but I could be wrong.

CathalOHara posted: »

Let's hope all the future episodes have as long and as excellent quality as the first one. I was legitimately surprised it lasted as long as

• They also had different teams, though Pierre Shorette worked on both at times I believe.

two ongoing projects really doesn't bode well. Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands have two completely separate teams, so

• I dunno, for TWD S2 it seemed like they aimed for 90 minutes rather than made them 90 minutes because they were short on staff,

Seemingly correct. A Telltale staff member confirmed that at one point, 90 minute episodes were the goal for "one sitting."

Also, I forget which series we started this one (I've worked on way too many), but it was decided a few years back that about 90 minutes was our goal for game play length - mostly because we feel like our games are best experienced when played in one sitting.

Green613 posted: »

I dunno, for TWD S2 it seemed like they aimed for 90 minutes rather than made them 90 minutes because they were short on staff, I'm sure tha

• Well that doesn't sound so great :'D

Free_Dead posted: »

They're going to release TFTBL and GoT just like how they did with TWD as well as TWAU.

• I hope everyone's ready for a 2 month wait. Being a veteran from TWD Season 2 waiting threads, I can assure that some will start breaking after several weeks from now. The waits for the second episodes are always the longest to endure.

• So true ;-;

I hope everyone's ready for a 2 month wait. Being a veteran from TWD Season 2 waiting threads, I can assure that some will start breaking after several weeks from now. The waits for the second episodes are always the longest to endure.

• Thread: Predicting Episode 2 Release Date

When do you think episode 2 will come out? The common phrase Telltale says is "4-6 weeks" but usually it takes longer than that. But maybe since Takes from the Borderlands came out later than it was expected, we'll get the second episode earlier! Also, the "Next time on..." Segment seemed more complete than other telltale previews have been. Telltale is also getting assistannce and asserts from Gearbox in this game, so maybe that could speed up the process. Here's hoping we get Episode 2 in late December/early January!

• February 10, 2015

• Yeaah, I think we're getting it in February.

• I'm guessing January 27, 2015

• I think January 27, 2015

• edited November 2014

I call Febuary 10, 2015.

Maybe a week earlier.

That's one week before my 18th birthday. We might even get it on my Bday (which would make my day even more).

• February? I don't think Telltale is going to have a repeat of Wolf Episode 2. I'd guess sometime around mid January as a safe bet, as that is much more in line with the average release periods Telltale had for later episodes. The wait from Wolf Episode 1 to Wolf Episode 2 was certainly an outlier.

I call Febuary 10, 2015. Maybe a week earlier. That's one week before my 18th birthday. We might even get it on my Bday (which would make my day even more).

• I hope they do this.

TFTBL Ep2 - January
    GOT Ep2 - February
    TFTBL Ep3 - March
    GOT Ep3 - April
    TFTBL Ep4 - May
    GOT Ep4 - June
    TFTBL Ep5 - July
    GOT Ep5 - August
    GOT Ep6 - September

If they release twice a month, it might not go very well

• edited November 2014

On Febuary 3, it would actually be 10 weeks, which was the waiting time for most Episodes of TWD Season 2, except for Episode 2 (11 weeks) and Episode 5 (5 weeks). Same goes for TWAU.

Seeing as the second Episode almost always takes longer, I would say we get it on Febuary 10/about 10 weeks from now. If we're lucky, in 9 weeks.

February? I don't think Telltale is going to have a repeat of Wolf Episode 2. I'd guess sometime around mid January as a safe bet, as that i

• I'm guessing mid Janurary.

• edited November 2014

my guess is February 3 for this game and for GOT episode 2 February 10th

• Seems fair enough. I initially just thought of the November-February gap at face value and assumed that you were guessing all "second episodes" were doomed to have some lengthy waiting period because of the Wolf Episode 2 delay. However, as I was thinking that, I failed to account for how the first episode was released pretty late into this month and that your guess was fairly early into February.

On Febuary 3, it would actually be 10 weeks, which was the waiting time for most Episodes of TWD Season 2, except for Episode 2 (11 weeks) a

• My guess is about mid January.

• Do you think Telltale is pushing to go with:
    December GOT EP1
    January TftB EP2
    February GOT EP2
    March TftB EP3
    April GOT EP3
    May TftB EP4
    June GOT EP4
    July TftB EP5
    August GOT EP5

Since that would be two months between each episode, but with two games it'll be alternating and it'll feel shorter. Granted this is extremely optimistic, but I do believe EP 2 will be in January since the shift code loot will be available then.

• I think that will actually be Telltale's plan, but it may not happen. That way GoT ep.6 (which you forgot) would come out in September and then Walking Dead s3 would start in October.

I'm being highly optimistic too, but I really hope that's Telltale's plan too :P

Dyeingbrad posted: »

Do you think Telltale is pushing to go with: December GOT EP1 January TftB EP2 February GOT EP2 March TftB EP3 April GOT EP3 May TftB

• Season 3 would probably begin like early 2016

I think that will actually be Telltale's plan, but it may not happen. That way GoT ep.6 (which you forgot) would come out in September and t

• Bump as people are already posting clones of this discussion.

• Hmmph, so it seems like people are gravitating between mid-Jan and early-Feb. I would probably think it is mid to late Feb, if we are to follow their past trends. Fingers crossed it comes out earlier though, and I'll be damned if it comes out in March or later!

• edited December 2014

@579801
    When the Old forum was around, alongside Season 1 of TWD, most people created threads like this alongside polls for people to vote on, to get a general idea of when people thought the episode would arrive. Would it be possible for you to do the same with this?

• After two years with Telltale games, I realized that I have become more patient.

Free_Dead posted: »

Not sure if TTG is making me hate waiting or be more patient about everything in life.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

The current forums don't have poll creation as a feature. I could try to look into doing something like that through another site and link it here if you guys want though.

stevean2 posted: »

@579801 When the Old forum was around, alongside Season 1 of TWD, most people created threads like this alongside polls for people to vote

• I'd certinally appreciate that... maybe... strawpoll?

The current forums don't have poll creation as a feature. I could try to look into doing something like that through another site and link it here if you guys want though.

• ep2 will be very nice^^
    ep1 was one of the best things dat telltale have done respect i love this game!

i played game of thrones but its not so good...

• That would be cool, Blind. You could use this, most people use it for polls on here:

http://strawpoll.me

• Ahhh the waiting game, I am home..

• I'm guessing January 6 or December 30. I don't think Telltale will take as long as they did for WAU and TWD2. Seems to be like the production problems in WAU slowed down TWD2 as well, and they were playing catchup on both games.

• That would be great but I don't think it could happen. It's usually pretty long period till TTG releases the 2nd episode of any of their game. Maybe January 13?

Lucazzy posted: »

I'm guessing January 6 or December 30. I don't think Telltale will take as long as they did for WAU and TWD2. Seems to be like the production problems in WAU slowed down TWD2 as well, and they were playing catchup on both games.

• It's still Christmas break for them on the dates you mention.

Febuary 10, maybe even Febuary 3. I honestly don't see it before that.

Lucazzy posted: »

I'm guessing January 6 or December 30. I don't think Telltale will take as long as they did for WAU and TWD2. Seems to be like the production problems in WAU slowed down TWD2 as well, and they were playing catchup on both games.

• I'm really hoping for an early January release. Jan. 6 or 13 would be nice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.