Is tales from the borderlands worth the money?

I'm just wondering if it is good or not and whether I should buy it or not. Is it worth the $5? And is it a good game like the walking dead and wolf among us? Please respond in the reply section if you would like, have a good day :)

Comments

• I think it has the best first episode of any Telltale game to date.

• It was so damn good and funny. :) If you like TWD and TWAU you'll enjoy this game too.

• Hell yeah it is, it's amazing.

• Thanks guys, is it better than Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us? I'm a huge fan of telltale's games except the terrible Jurassic Park game.

• Too early to tell obviously since only one episode was released.

Thanks guys, is it better than Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us? I'm a huge fan of telltale's games except the terrible Jurassic Park game.

• I see.

Too early to tell obviously since only one episode was released.

• Yep mate, well worth it. Totally.

• Really worth it. I recommend this alongside with Game of Thrones.

• Yes, it's fucking amazing!

• I'll start by saying I'm not a big fan of Telltale's recent work. I'd much rather they went back to actual games like they had before the Jurassic Park "interactive movie" thing they do now.

That said, Tales from the Borderlands is by far the best game from Telltale since BttF or possibly the third season of Sam & Max.

None of the heavy-handed manufactured drama they have in The Walking Dead. The Borderlands atmosphere is very well captured and Telltale at least has a few people left who still know how to do comedy games.

The first episode is absolutely hilarious and even seems to have the potential for a little more puzzle-y gameplay than the other 'choose-your-own-adventure' games of late, but it remains to be seen how that develops.

• edited December 2014

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEES! It worth it.

• Depends. Seems like a lighter theme than TWD and TWAU so its about your comedic taste.

I see.

• Alt text

It's worth every damn penny.

• Alt text

Seriously. Get. It.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think it has the best first episode of any Telltale game to date.

• Just curious, since I see all these positive comments about Telltale's Borderlands, have any/all of you played the real Borderlands games? I've beaten 1 & 2 multiple times and just can't see it being close. A couple of the main draws of Borderlands was the amazing amount of looting and insanely huge bosses mixed with comedy fit to make you laugh your ass off. If you take away the first 2, how can a game born with 3 legs manage to stand and run with just 1? I'm apprehensive about buying it as I fear I would be greatly disappointed(Although not nearly as disappointed as I am they decided to make BL3 for 360/PS3 instead of Next Gen systems, where I first experienced WD ep2 and the entire Bigby saga on 1 disc.

• edited December 2014

This is not a competition between Borderlands from Gearbox and Tales from the Borderlands from Telltale. Borderlands 3 isnt even made yet. The game you mean is Borderlands: The PreSequel. It's something like Borderlands 1.5. Oh and BTT - You should definitely buy the game. The first episode was perfect.

Rocklobsta posted: »

Just curious, since I see all these positive comments about Telltale's Borderlands, have any/all of you played the real Borderlands games? I

• Absolutley ,get it

• As someone who hated the look of the trailer and the setting but bought it based on blind faith in Telltale ...I ended up loving it! Surprisingly I enjoyed it more than Game of Thrones which was the one I was really anticipating

• I went into this game with zero knowldge of Tales from the Borderlands and I'd say that it is definitely worth the money. I was thoroughly entertained throughout episode one.

• I never played any borderlands game up until I have brought tftb game and it pretty good it

• I believe Zero Sum is one of best TTG episodes made together with Faith, Starved for help, No time left and A house divided. It reminds me of a great Firefly episode or Serenity film.

• Which system to you think it's best to play Tales From the Borderlands on?

• PC of course!

Which system to you think it's best to play Tales From the Borderlands on?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.