Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

All episodes will have their own trailer and some screenshots, i found with both TWD and TWAU that the trailers will make you feel hyped.

I'm new to this "waiting between episodes" thing and I have a question: is there going to be a trailer for every episode like there was for

• oh god! the horror! at nights... I can still smell the bodies laying in the streets

Oh yeah, I experienced that dry and nasty four months of hellish waiting. The days that passed back then felt so damn dry and barren.

• In addition to what OzzyUK already said, they will also tease instances of upcoming news on Twitter and sometimes Facebook prior to when Telltale releases the screenshots and trailers.

Generally, the game comes out shortly after the Episode trailer and screenshots release.

I'm new to this "waiting between episodes" thing and I have a question: is there going to be a trailer for every episode like there was for

• The release date would appear on this site first correct because I just saw some sites say a January 27th release date .

In addition to what OzzyUK already said, they will also tease instances of upcoming news on Twitter and sometimes Facebook prior to when Tel

• Yes, the information would appear here first. If not, Telltale would at least officially direct you to another site if they got information first. The January 27th date is a fake. Sometimes, sites share fake information so people will visit their site, which will earn them more money. Reliable gaming sites and/or Telltale's official social networking sites are a safe bet for reliable information.

ownagepants posted: »

The release date would appear on this site first correct because I just saw some sites say a January 27th release date .

• Ok that's it I am forgetting all about telltale and their twisted mind games I am instead gonna focus my energy on games that give release dates months in advance you know like regular game developers I did the same thing with wolf among us and by the time I remembered the game three episodes had been released .....................

Yes, the information would appear here first. If not, Telltale would at least officially direct you to another site if they got information

• False hope is always better than no hope, amirite?

but it's hope!

• btw TWAU Episode 2 'only' took 4 months.

Pfft, was that 'all'?

(Yeah, I still don't think I would have been able to survive that long, especially after such a strong opener - Let's hope I never have to feel your pain - but I salute you, brave TT veterans, for the trauma you have withstood.)

Anyway, I feel the same. To a certain extent, the wait is a good thing. But if it gets to long, then you loose your 'connection' with the story. btw TWAU Episode 2 'only' took 4 months.

• Every episode has its own trailer. The day when the trailer is released is the best day from the entire wait.

But the very last days are the longest and slowest. XD

• damn right!

False hope is always better than no hope, amirite?

• I there's anything Tell Tale is bad at, it's keeping their releases consistent. Sorry guys but I love their games, but I hate how the make us wait for them

• Well, they need to finish working on the episode before they release it. The episodes are all written out, and if everything goes according to plan, which sometimes it doesn't, then they will have the episode finished within two months.

I there's anything Tell Tale is bad at, it's keeping their releases consistent. Sorry guys but I love their games, but I hate how the make us wait for them

• call me impatient but I just hate waiting so long

Well, they need to finish working on the episode before they release it. The episodes are all written out, and if everything goes according to plan, which sometimes it doesn't, then they will have the episode finished within two months.

• PFFT YOU IMPATIENT SCUM

Lol just kidding. You know what? Waiting for the new episodes of Telltale games actually taught me how to be patient lol. I was so impatient 2 years ago

call me impatient but I just hate waiting so long

• Yep. They usually release trailers on thursday or friday and that's when they announce a release date - next tuesday. That's how it worked before.

• You know some iOS guys (that's me) have to wait longer. When I played TWD I could never wait until the game released and had to check out what happaned. Now I'm gonna be more patient lol.

Crips posted: »

PFFT YOU IMPATIENT SCUM Lol just kidding. You know what? Waiting for the new episodes of Telltale games actually taught me how to be patient lol. I was so impatient 2 years ago

• Yeah I know

GF1115 posted: »

You know some iOS guys (that's me) have to wait longer. When I played TWD I could never wait until the game released and had to check out what happaned. Now I'm gonna be more patient lol.

• Lol, there was a lot of trauma last year. Ask people about some certain photos of Clementine from The Walking Dead or about the Cluke thing. There were really some messed up things but Telltale handled it all and now this forum is really good.

btw TWAU Episode 2 'only' took 4 months. Pfft, was that 'all'? (Yeah, I still don't think I would have been able to survive that

• Alt text

Hopefully next week since most of the important people (no offense to Telltale staff that are lurking) we will start hearing some teases or sometime soon.

• Yay

Hopefully next week since most of the important people (no offense to Telltale staff that are lurking) we will start hearing some teases or sometime soon.

• I could use that extra week off too.

• Think we all could... might have a snow day though tomorrow so that's good :P

I could use that extra week off too.

• Release date: 27th of january. I called it. :)

• What do you mean?

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Release date: 27th of january. I called it.

• Yes, the information would appear here first. If not, Telltale would at least officially direct you to another site if they got information first. The January 27th date is a fake. Sometimes, sites share fake information so people will visit their site, which will earn them more money. Reliable gaming sites and/or Telltale's official social networking sites are a safe bet for reliable information.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Release date: 27th of january. I called it.

• edited January 2015

By "gaining patience of iron" you mean tearing out one's hair, gnashing one's teeth, and going gradually mad, right? That's pretty much all I did.

I learned that while waiting on episodes in the wolf among us

• I wonder which second episode will come out first, tales or game of thrones?

• Me when Ep 2 is announced

Alt text

• Tales will come out first, it's consecutive, Tales then Thrones, Tales then Thrones etc.
    Until we conclude Tales 5th episode then we'll have 2 thrones episodes in a row, giving us an awesome finale with all that time to work on it :D

lilbit903 posted: »

I wonder which second episode will come out first, tales or game of thrones?

• It actually isn't consecutive, it's just whichever one finishes first, no reason to hold Got back if TFTB isn't done yet or vice versa.

Marsh16194 posted: »

Tales will come out first, it's consecutive, Tales then Thrones, Tales then Thrones etc. Until we conclude Tales 5th episode then we'll have 2 thrones episodes in a row, giving us an awesome finale with all that time to work on it

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

He's not being 100% serious, like with the "A26" thing with TWD he is making a guess at the date being "J27" :)

Yes, the information would appear here first. If not, Telltale would at least officially direct you to another site if they got information

• I've heard a bit about the Cluke stuff, but nothing about photos - hopefully it'll stay that way! ಠ_ಠ

GF1115 posted: »

Lol, there was a lot of trauma last year. Ask people about some certain photos of Clementine from The Walking Dead or about the Cluke thing. There were really some messed up things but Telltale handled it all and now this forum is really good.

• This legitimately made my day.

Poogers555 posted: »

Me when Ep 2 is announced

• 99% the release date will be 27 january 2015

1% for 20 january 2015

• He said "I called it" as if he knew the release date, I wanted to make sure he knew that if he looked at the site others did that the information is incorrect.

OzzyUK posted: »

He's not being 100% serious, like with the "A26" thing with TWD he is making a guess at the date being "J27"

• I'm gonna save these for later...

Poogers555 posted: »

Me when Ep 2 is announced

• What you just said. That's how I gained it.

By "gaining patience of iron" you mean tearing out one's hair, gnashing one's teeth, and going gradually mad, right? That's pretty much all I did.

• A26 was ominous.

OzzyUK posted: »

He's not being 100% serious, like with the "A26" thing with TWD he is making a guess at the date being "J27"

• Same here.

Alt text

OK. I reaaaally need my fix of TFTBL. I never expected to like this game so much, but I do. So, yeah......

• THE WAIT IS MAKING ME PULL MY HAIR OUT

Sign in to comment in this discussion.