Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• Well they are partnered with Telltale on it so I wouldn't be surprised if Gearbox announced the release date then.

Possibly, but it's Gearbox's panel, not TTG's. Shouldn't they be the ones who get to announce the release date (since it's their game)?

• Just these fanfic-things :Р

Crips posted: »

Um, black hair and hazel eyes. Why?

• Alt text

CL4P-TR4P posted: »

High five!!!

• That's what I was thinking. And why would they mention TFTBL if there's nothing about it.. They better give us something..

Well they are partnered with Telltale on it so I wouldn't be surprised if Gearbox announced the release date then.

• I thought they were just sort of supervising the entire thing, so it fits the universe. I seriously doubt anyone from Gearbox has actually done any work on this game, so they probably don't know the release date.

Oh well, fingers crossed we get something...

Well they are partnered with Telltale on it so I wouldn't be surprised if Gearbox announced the release date then.

• Around the month and a half/two month mark is typically when it's best to expect some form of news - or if you are lucky, an episode release.

I don't know what I'm expecting refreshing the page every 5 minutes. Maybe the release date will just magically appear on a specific amount of clicks?

• I don't know what I'm expecting refreshing the page every 5 minutes.

Maybe the release date will just magically appear on a specific amount of clicks?

• I know man, it's just... I NEED MY FIX!

You got any o' that good ol' TFTB for me???

Around the month and a half/two month mark is typically when it's best to expect some form of news - or if you are lucky, an episode release.

• Here, have dancing Loader Bot in the meantime.

Alt text

I know man, it's just... I NEED MY FIX! You got any o' that good ol' TFTB for me???

• Alt text

Cope49 posted: »

Still no news? What are they doing taking the whole month off?

• That was a reference to username 666 right there

I don't know what I'm expecting refreshing the page every 5 minutes. Maybe the release date will just magically appear on a specific amount of clicks?

• They are still doing *voice recording *?! Lame...

More V/O recording:

• Am I particularly impatient this time or are they really taking a long time to give some info about both episodes 2?

• Actually, Gearbox has been regularly flying staff out to Telltale to assist/oversee everything. It's definitely TT's baby, but Gearbox is still very much involved.

Also, at past cons some of the biggest info on TFTBL has come directly from the Gearbox panels, so it's definitely possible that the trailer could be previewed then (I also imagine we'll get the scoop on the second character DLC for TPS then, too).

I thought they were just sort of supervising the entire thing, so it fits the universe. I seriously doubt anyone from Gearbox has actually d

• But voice recording is kind of the last step, right?

They are still doing *voice recording *?! Lame...

• Not knowing anything is the worst ;(

TMLC posted: »

Am I particularly impatient this time or are they really taking a long time to give some info about both episodes 2?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It is one of the last steps but we need to remember that they need to edit the clips and put the correct dialogue into the correct scenes and if they need to rerecord lines they will do callback sessions. Once they have finished the episode they will need to submit it to Sony and Microsoft for certification which takes around two weeks.

But voice recording is kind of the last step, right?

• Nope, you're particularly impatient because it always took the same effort for them to give us any news, so you should be used to that rite now :P

TMLC posted: »

Am I particularly impatient this time or are they really taking a long time to give some info about both episodes 2?

• Well I'm new to the Telltalegames so I have a right to be impatient. :)

Nope, you're particularly impatient because it always took the same effort for them to give us any news, so you should be used to that rite now :P

• Yeah, well, you might be new, I don't know about @TMLC :P

nohuhhuh posted: »

Well I'm new to the Telltalegames so I have a right to be impatient.

• Alt text

Until then I continue to grow old..

OzzyUK posted: »

It is one of the last steps but we need to remember that they need to edit the clips and put the correct dialogue into the correct scenes an

• Hehe. It was so devastating when I realized that I can't just finish this game right away.. What a terrible realization it was..

Alt text

Yeah, well, you might be new, I don't know about @TMLC :P

• Yeah, I’m not actually new. :S You can say that I’m consistently here since TWD S1 came out.

Maybe I’m getting more impatient as I’m getting older (or maybe it is because I’m getting impatient for 2 games at the same time plus the GoT series and books and some other things - and also, it is too hot around here and I hate it!).

Yeah, well, you might be new, I don't know about @TMLC :P

• Oh yes. This is something that takes time to get used to. But you will survive.

nohuhhuh posted: »

Hehe. It was so devastating when I realized that I can't just finish this game right away.. What a terrible realization it was..

• Still no news?

Alt text

• Yes to both.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

Still no news?

• "Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart."

Telltale usually lie. We're on week 7.

• That was proven to be definitely wrong after the time it took to release TWAU Ep.2. About 15 weeks.

"Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart." Telltale usually lie. We're on week 7.

• That's just a loose guideline, which they should change.

"Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart." Telltale usually lie. We're on week 7.

• We should start calling January the dark month. The month of silence and horror.

• I'm still hoping we can get something until the end of the month. Maybe screenshots or a trailer in the last week.

We should start calling January the dark month. The month of silence and horror.

• Or the episode itself on the end of the January if we're lucky

Grafite posted: »

I'm still hoping we can get something until the end of the month. Maybe screenshots or a trailer in the last week.

• Yeah... What is taking so long?!

Green613's right look at TWAU ep. 4

• It feels like for ever.........

I'm thinking - this week = teasing (maybe, some episodes of TWD S2 and TWAU didn't even get some teasing before the trailer/release dates were announced) next week = trailer and release dates last week of Jan = Ep.2 release

• Of course M'lord

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Just these fanfic-things :Р

• That's not lame! IT'S AWESOME!!!!................. Hurry up

They are still doing *voice recording *?! Lame...

• Them moves!

Pipas posted: »

Here, have dancing Loader Bot in the meantime.

• Am I the only one who loves Vasquez?

• edited January 2015

He is a charming douchebag who is very entertaining. And I love his voice actor.

Am I the only one who loves Vasquez?

• Yeah I love to hate him. :) If that makes any sense.

Am I the only one who loves Vasquez?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.