Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• Sure, also the three word name nickname club!

"The Great LeoDio" (close enough)

My birthday is February 20th. Can I still join the Rhys friendship circle?

• I HAVE WAITED FOR SO LONG TELLTALE U MUST RELEASE THISSSSSS AHHHHHH PUHLEEEEEZEEEEEEEE HDIAFGAIFHHOIWHF WF LIKE I NEED THIS I NEEEEEED THIS I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AHDHHDIHWIHI!!!!

please release it soon? :)

• Alt text

It's taking so long, I feel like face mcshooty!!

• Just so people can see your image:

Alt text

It's taking so long, I feel like face mcshooty!!

• Yes! My new Rhys friend! We need a posse name now.

Sure, also the three word name nickname club! "The Great LeoDio" (close enough)

• I actually dreamt that ep 2 was released last night - that is how much Telltale have got their hooks into my psyche...

Also, they officially changed the release schedule to 9 weeks (which would have meant that it came out a fortnight ago!)

• I figure something about Tales requires them to spend lots of extra time with it. Remember how when it was first announced they said we would be seeing it by the end of Summer 2014 and we ended up getting it during Thanksgiving week? I just hope this isn't something that remains consistent throughout the rest of the series.

I actually dreamt that ep 2 was released last night - that is how much Telltale have got their hooks into my psyche... Also, they officially changed the release schedule to 9 weeks (which would have meant that it came out a fortnight ago!)

• Dang thing never works on my phone...wish TTG had an app.

dojo32161 posted: »

Just so people can see your image:

• Everytime I check for news here, I see posts from you everywhere haha, yea I'd say you're pretty hooked.

I actually dreamt that ep 2 was released last night - that is how much Telltale have got their hooks into my psyche... Also, they officially changed the release schedule to 9 weeks (which would have meant that it came out a fortnight ago!)

• Ahaha, yeah this is the first Telltale game I've played 'live', the forums are the only thing keeping me (marginally) sane!

Jayroen posted: »

Everytime I check for news here, I see posts from you everywhere haha, yea I'd say you're pretty hooked.

• Sanity is overrated!

Ahaha, yeah this is the first Telltale game I've played 'live', the forums are the only thing keeping me (marginally) sane!

• Welcome buddy! Are we recruiting an army? :D

My birthday is February 20th. Can I still join the Rhys friendship circle?

• I thought nothing keeps Handsome Jack sane :D

Ahaha, yeah this is the first Telltale game I've played 'live', the forums are the only thing keeping me (marginally) sane!

• If they've finished the voice acting and the rest of it all that's left is certification and reaching a release agreement with the three platforms, hopefully we will see it within the next two weeks

• same here. But hey sanity is overrated anyway..

• Dammit I should have read your comment before posting my "Sanity is overrated" comment. Now I feel stupid.. xD

LordZalla posted: »

Sanity is overrated!

• If we don't see it in the next week Loader Bot will be angry!

_Flem_ posted: »

If they've finished the voice acting and the rest of it all that's left is certification and reaching a release agreement with the three platforms, hopefully we will see it within the next two weeks

• edited February 2015

Alt text

SoMuchSass posted: »

Welcome buddy! Are we recruiting an army?

• It does work, you just didn't get the image by itself.

Dang thing never works on my phone...wish TTG had an app.

• Huh, interesting.

CarL_J posted: »

I think they're still working on it, according to SteamDB episode 2 is like 2.11GB now while it was 1.60GB? https://steamdb.info/app/330830/depots/

• edited February 2015

I think they're still working on it, according to SteamDB episode 2 is like 2.11GB now while it was 1.60GB?
    Alt text

https://steamdb.info/app/330830/depots/

• I've been stalking it and I've got this little feeling that the game just happens to be bigger at this point and when it's released it will be about the same size as the first episode. OR Ep2 is either longer or has a lot of nice stuff in it. Only time will tell...
    But it's really relieving to see that they are almost daily updating it! SOON...

I think they're still working on it, according to SteamDB episode 2 is like 2.11GB now while it was 1.60GB? https://steamdb.info/app/330830/depots/

• Yet they can afford big named actors, hot licenses by TV studios etc and have 4 games running at the same time. (Minecraft, original IP, GoT and TftB).

I'm fine with episodic releases, but the gap between each one is currently ridiculous.

Jewfreeus posted: »

honestly you can't even compare square enix a AAA publisher to telltale who while they have made a lot of money in the past 2-3 years are still not that big

• Does anyone have any general idea how Telltale operates with their games? like do they do animation and modeling first and what not, and then get VAing out the way? or do they sort out VAing.. story planning and what have you first and then do everything else? cause we maybe able to guess how close we actually are..

• Well, all at the same time of course or they wouldn't be done in this (relatively) short period of time.

One team works on the animations, the composer works on the score, a few people overview the voiceacting...

That all happens at the same time, only the writers are likely done with the script for the next Episode before the previous one releases, and they reuse assets like movements etc.

Even if the wait feels long, we must realize that they are still producing 90-130 minutes of content in 2 months. That is not that much time.

stevean2 posted: »

Does anyone have any general idea how Telltale operates with their games? like do they do animation and modeling first and what not, and the

• Ooh, that looks promising. It'll be great if it's the same length as the first ep (or even longer!), I kind of just automatically assumed it'd be shorter...

• Apparently VAing is towards the very end - but then they've got to submit the completed episode for certification via the various platforms which can take a little while to gain approval.

Does anyone have any general idea how Telltale operates with their games? like do they do animation and modeling first and what not, and the

• Okay. Thanks you two. And when does the "Press Review Copy" come into play? cause thats a sign we're really close, right? or is that the certification thing?

Apparently VAing is towards the very end - but then they've got to submit the completed episode for certification via the various platforms which can take a little while to gain approval.

• I'm pretty sure the Press Review Copies come out in the time between a trailer being released and the actual episode launched. So we'll probably see a trailer before we see them uploaded.

Okay. Thanks you two. And when does the "Press Review Copy" come into play? cause thats a sign we're really close, right? or is that the certification thing?

• got to wait another 9 weeks hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

• edited February 2015

Gotcha.. well here's to hoping the trailer comes out soon... I mean, hopefully Telltale are doing what they did with WD S1, and focusing on their own narrative, rather than focusing on collecting fan suggestions to incorporate into the episodes, y'know? While that's cool. I'd rather see their skill at work..

Thank ya, my little favourite user on this site <3

I'm pretty sure the Press Review Copies come out in the time between a trailer being released and the actual episode launched. So we'll probably see a trailer before we see them uploaded.

• I think Handsome Jack is starting to become one of my fav users on this forum :0

Though he will not be the best, since I have my favourites, he's close XD

Gotcha.. well here's to hoping the trailer comes out soon... I mean, hopefully Telltale are doing what they did with WD S1, and focusing on

• He's infectious! run!... P-.... PUMPKIN

Crips posted: »

I think Handsome Jack is starting to become one of my fav users on this forum :0 Though he will not be the best, since I have my favourites, he's close XD

• Welp. I think it's safe to say F10 isn't happening at this point. ;_;

When I get home from work this evening, I think I'll go ahead and use up my fourth save slot for a "silent" playthrough. Never tried one of those before and Tales seems like it would offer some funny dialog for staying silent.

• Oh stop it, you guys!

Alt text

Though I fear I'm not living up to the legacy of my username - Pretty sure I'll have to strangle someone's beloved family pet or something to make up for it...

So yeah, watch out, Kiddos.

He's infectious! run!... P-.... PUMPKIN

• Cant you settle for strangling someones beloved "Bandit" ?

Oh stop it, you guys! Though I fear I'm not living up to the legacy of my username - Pretty sure I'll have to strangle someone's beloved family pet or something to make up for it... So yeah, watch out, Kiddos.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Welp. I think it's safe to say F10 isn't happening at this point. ;_; When I get home from work this evening, I think I'll go ahead and u

• Alt text

Cant you settle for strangling someones beloved "Bandit" ?

• Well, silence is a valid option...

Deadpoolian posted: »

Welp. I think it's safe to say F10 isn't happening at this point. ;_; When I get home from work this evening, I think I'll go ahead and u

• I did, too, but it would be a very nice surprise for all the fans if it were just as long!

Ooh, that looks promising. It'll be great if it's the same length as the first ep (or even longer!), I kind of just automatically assumed it'd be shorter...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.