The Walking Dead Interactive FanFiction: A New Life

edited December 2021 in Forum Games

Hey guys, I'm Partition and I've been a lurker on the forum for quite a while now. I've grown interest into many fanfictions on this site and I've been actively reading and enjoying them. I've always wanted to start one of my own but I have always been too afraid that it will be bad or just not that good. I'm not too big of a writer, but I've always enjoyed writing my own work. But I've finally gotten the courage to try one and hopefully make this very fun!

This story will be told through the eyes of 28 year old Tony, a man who lives in Pennsylvania and has had a pretty average life so far who has always loved to be alone. He isn't married and doesn't have kids or has any great family relations, and had just planned to live a peaceful, quiet life as a single man and continue his profession as a construction worker. But in his new life, in a world now ruled by walkers, life will definitely be a lot more lonely, but for the worse.

Submit characters here! You may submit as many characters as you want! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yJjFeoYQVHQ_I7i-RrpnzWuC8Ph3r8ceaoLbUi7XuNs/viewform?usp=send_form

Introduced characters: Tony, Eric, Nick Coulson, Katrina Coulson, Alexander Crane, Domenick Salvatoriello, Tommy Salvatoriello, Braxton Wellet, Adam Wright, Ashley Jackson, Dexter Cross, Ashton Hart, Santiago Santiago, Gaston Santiago, Lucia Santiago, Marino Santiago, Lorlin Gallo, Steve Hugoson, Ryan Devin, Samantha, Deryck Fletcher, Dylan Benchley, Mac, Dan Eames, Jessie Hughes, Franklin Weathers, Fredrik Barlow, Cole, Mina Carolina, Billy O'Neil, Trevor Lawrence Moore, Karen Violet Moore, John Lottmann, Tina Pauling, Mark, Fiona Roberts, Kelsi Rowe, Joe, Yoshiro, Kazuhiko Akiyama, Emi Yukimura, Alessandra Mislich, Samael "The Grim Reaper" Bradshaw, Haya Naveed

Current Group: Tony, Tina Pauling, Mark, Fiona Roberts, Kelsi Rowe, Yoshiro, Kazuhiko Akiyama, Emi Yukimura, Alessandra Mislich, Ryan Devin, Eric, Katrina Coulson, Domenick Salvatoriello, Tommy Salvatoriello, Adam Wright, Santiago Santiago, Deryck Fletcher, Dylan Benchley, Dan Eames, Mina Carolina, Haya Naveed

Deceased characters: Lorlin Gallo, Alexander Crane, Dexter Cross, Ashton Hart, Braxton Wellet, Mac, Lucia Santiago, Jessie Hughes, Cole, Steve Hugoson, Gaston Santiago, Marino Santiago, Fredrik Barlow, Franklin Weathers, Ashley Jackson, Nick Coulson, Samantha, Trevor Lawrence Moore, Billy O'Neil, Joe, John Lottmann

Unknown characters: Karen Violet Moore

Characters waiting to be introduced: Father Norman Monroe, Shouna Duncan, Celeste Mason, Taylor Allen, Jared, Cat Redborn, Warren Douglas, Zafir Carter, Clyde Johnson, Lindsay McCallin, Erica Margareth Brown, Dominique Ashley Brown, David Miller, Sofia Akron, Rose Clark, Blake Logan, Jensen Pearce, Danny, Rico Brzenska, Matt James, Timmy DaSilva, Brandon Mathewson, Dennis Perez, Brian Miranda, Drago Vargas, Evaline, Lydia Hyell, Renette Beauchene, Gaston Beauchene, Dameon, Doc Hanson, Liz White, Kaleb Clark, Bastet-Mumu di Randagio, Celifede Magabaz

CURRENT CHAPTERS

Season 1

• Chapter 1: Finished (2/11/15 - 2/19/15)
  • Chapter 2: Finished (2/21/15 - 3/16/15)
  • Chapter 3: Finished (3/19/15 - 4/26/15)
  • Chapter 4: Finished (5/4/15 - 7/7/15)
  • Chapter 5: Finished (7/18/15 - 8/31/15)
  • Chapter 6: Finished (10/15/15 - 2/24/16)
  • Chapter 7: Finished (3/19/16 - 10/15/16)
  • Chapter 8: Finished (11/2/16 - 8/30/18)
  • Chapter 9: Coming soon
  • Chapter 10: Coming soon

Comments

• edited February 2015

Well, welcome to the forums. I know how you feel about being afraid of something being bad. Anyways, I'm submitting a character.

Submitted Dom.

• Thanks!

bloop posted: »

Well, welcome to the forums. I know how you feel about being afraid of something being bad. Anyways, I'm submitting a character. Submitted Dom.

• edited February 2015

I will add characters and begin writing once this story receives more recognition and submissions! I am actually eager to start writing!

• I've submitted Ryan, I'm looking forward to this! :3

• Thanks!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I've submitted Ryan, I'm looking forward to this!

• No problemo!

Partition posted: »

Thanks!

• Writing has begun. The first couple of parts will most likely not have any choices or introduce any characters just yet, only because I want to progress the story at a certain pace and because I don't have much characters or audience yet. The first few parts will most likely be introduction parts to set the general atmosphere of the story, which means they won't be too long, for now.

• Can i send a character?

• Yay, another interactive fic! I've submitted a character, Deryck. Can't wait for this to start, although I'd suggest moving this thread to the forum games. You might get more participants.

• Thanks, how do I move it?

hihitwd posted: »

Yay, another interactive fic! I've submitted a character, Deryck. Can't wait for this to start, although I'd suggest moving this thread to the forum games. You might get more participants.

• Of course!

supersagig posted: »

Can i send a character?

• Uh...I don't think you can move. You'd have to start it over again in the forum games section.

Thanks, how do I move it?

• Or wait until the mods move it :P

Uh...I don't think you can move. You'd have to start it over again in the forum games section.

• I'll just wait for the mods to move it and then I'll start.

Uh...I don't think you can move. You'd have to start it over again in the forum games section.

• Oh, a new fanfiction. That sounds great and I'm looking forward for it!

I submitted two characters, hope you like them :)

• Santiago Santiago

What? XD

• LOL. Santiago it´s a first name and a last name

Santiago Santiago What? XD

• You don't usually see them together. XD

supersagig posted: »

LOL. Santiago it´s a first name and a last name

• Yeah xd

You don't usually see them together. XD

• Is it possible to edit a character after I've submitted one? I want to add some things to his personality.

• Yep, you can just PM me the changes or submit the same character and add the things you want.

bloop posted: »

Is it possible to edit a character after I've submitted one? I want to add some things to his personality.

• edited February 2015

Alright guys, here's part 1! What I said about there being no choices and no new characters, scratch that, because I've solved everything out. Anyways, here you go!

The Walking Dead: A New Life: Chapter 1, Part 1

October 27th, 2016, 8:48 P.M.

I was laying on my couch, eating a bowl of cereal, and watching some baseball. It was a quiet night. It wasn’t windy outside either, so this night was the perfect night for me. Just for me to lay down on the couch, under my blanket, eat some food, and watch a game of baseball. As a matter of fact, I was so comfortable, that I found myself falling asleep during the baseball game.

CRASH! A very loud noise occupied the house. Not just one noise, lots of noises, what was it? I glanced at the time on the cable box, and it was 2:36 A.M. What the hell is going on? I was starting to get a bit nervous, I sprung off the couch and ran to the front of the house, where I was greeted to a horrifying scene. The window was shattered all across the floor, and there was a thing… slowly walking towards me, growling very disturbingly. I had no idea what it was, I was extremely confused. “Hello? What the hell are you!” I yelled to it.

“Grruuggh….” the thing responded. Was this an early Halloween prank or something? No, it couldn’t have been. The thing looked way too real and who would really break someone’s window and invade their house at 2:30 in the morning? I grabbed a kitchen knife in defense. “Stay back! I will stab you!” I yelled, again.

“Grraaaagghhhh…” the thing responded in the same language. I reluctantly inched towards the thing, to try to examine it more. But that was until it lunged at me, attempting to bite me. What? That’s it, this thing it trying to kill me. I had to do something, fast.

I carefully but aggressively kicked the thing to the ground and stomped my foot on it’s chest. I took the knife and stabbed it repeatedly in the stomach. After that, I got up, but the thing was still alive! How is it still alive? I stabbed it over 5 times in the stomach? Luckily, the thing was still in the ground, having a hard time getting up. This time I stomped my foot on it’s forehead, and proceed to stab it in the chest. I got up, and it was still alive. What the hell?! How do I kill this thing! I furiously stomped my foot on it’s forehead again, and I stomped on it so hard that my foot completely crushed it’s head, and blood and guts got all over my foot, gross. But that was not my main concern. I finally noticed that the thing had stopped moving, completely. “Fuck you.” I said to it, even though it was clearly dead. I went back to the shattered window, carefully avoiding broken glass, and I decided to see what was going on outside. What I saw left me terrified.

There were more of those things.... a lot more of them, and I saw my neighbors trying to run away, but some of them weren’t lucky. I saw the things absolutely devour my neighbors, it was disgusting and heart wrenching. I didn’t even have time to react when another one appeared out of nowhere in front of me. I panicked and backed away in order to give myself more room, until I saw someone tackle the thing to the ground. “Woah!” I yelled. “Are you okay?” I asked the mystery person who was on top of the thing.

“Yes, stay back!” He confidently responded, at least I think. I could barely hear him with all the awful ruckus going on outside. He had a knife of his own, and jammed it through the thing’s head, killing it. The man got up and approached me, and then I finally realized who it was. It was Eric, my friend who lived up the block. He had a backpack on his back. “You okay man?” He asked me.

“Yeah… are you? What the hell is going on?” I frantically asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll tell you later, we gotta get out of here!” Eric said as he grabbed my arm and cut through narrow pathways throughout the neighborhood.

When we reached the main street, all hell was loose. Those things… they were just everywhere. People dying left and right, dead bodies everywhere, how can all of this happen in a matter of a few hours? It was certainly a gruesome scene and I tried to keep my eyes off of it as much as possible. Eric and I eventually reached an old hardware store that has been closed for several months now. It was more secluded from everything, so it was certainly much safer. Eric gave me time to settle in while he barricaded the place as much as possible. After moving some old dusty furniture in front of the door and windows, he sat down beside me and started to tell me everything.

“Listen, Tony. What’s going on is, there’s just tons of those dead things roaming around the Earth, electricity and services are going off, the entire world is just…” Eric paused. “Just… man….”

“How did this all happen so fast? Did you see all of those things?” I asked him.

“Yes, it’s because no one was expecting dead things to break into their house and devour them. The only reason I’m here is because the noise of one of them eating my girlfriend woke me up. Boy, that was a disgusting picture…” Eric explained, he didn’t even seem upset as he said it. Actually, he didn’t seem sad at all. He seemed more enthusiastic rather than in awe that life will never be the same, if it gets as bad as I think it will. It was actually bugging me quite a bit.

“Why does it seem like you don’t give a shit about anything?” I curiously asked.

“First of all, my girlfriend was a bitch, I’m glad she’s fucking dead.” Eric stated with a smile. “Second, this will blow over, trust me. Just a few dead people, which is horrible, obviously, but how bad can it get?” Was this really what his mindset was?

“A few dead people? From what it seems like people are dying everywhere! Who knows how many of those dead things there actually are?!” I said loudly.

“Shhh!” Eric put his finger in front of my mouth. “Don’t yell! I learned that those dead things are attracted to loud noises, try to stay as quiet as possible or you’ll get us killed!”

“Alright, well what do we do now?” I questioned.
    “I don’t know, just stay here for a couple of days I guess, and see how things go from there.” Eric answered.

“You sure about that? What about food and water? And supplies? And-” Eric cut me off. He took off his backpack.

“I’ve already got that settled. Here.” He handed me a water bottle and a banana. “I have lots, I stashed up, just in case this does get really bad.”

“Alright, seems good enough.” I assured.

“Maybe we should get some sleep and see how things are in the morning.” Eric suggested.

“I don’t know man… what if they break in while we’re sleeping again?” I don’t know, I was a bit nervous with this.

“Yeah, you’re right… we should take turns, like, I’ll sleep while you watch and then you wake me up in a couple of hours and I’ll watch while you sleep.” Eric suggested another idea.

“Sounds good, I guess I’ll watch first, since I’m almost wide awake now.” I volunteered.

“Okay, I’ll get some sleep. Night.” Eric said as he laid on the floor. I pulled up an old chair and left it a few feet behind the door, keeping my eye on the door and the windows. It was surprisingly quiet, despite what happened just about 15 minutes ago. A laid back in the chair, and watched.

October 28th, 2016. 3:25 A.M.

I was almost falling asleep now. This got boring real fast. I was about to just wake up Eric and let him watch, until I heard people talking outside. I observed.

“Hurry up guys, there could be more of them following us or something!” A man said.

“Shut up, and be quiet, we don’t want anyone hearing us. We kill first, we don’t need anyone knowing we’re here.” another man responded.

I saw them approaching the door. I couldn’t get a good glimpse of them, but I knew this wasn’t good. How can other survivors be killing other living individuals? I kept rambling until I realized the group was only a few feet away from the store. Shit, I gotta think of something, fast. I need to get outta here quick. Shit, what do I do?

[Confront the group yourself] [Wake up Eric and confront the group together] [Try to escape yourself] [Wake up Eric and try to escape together]

• edited February 2015

[Wake up Eric and try to escape together]

Alright guys, here's part 1! What I said about there being no choices and no new characters, scratch that, because I've solved everything ou

• [Try to escape yourself]

Eric is an asshole

Awesome Start!!

Alright guys, here's part 1! What I said about there being no choices and no new characters, scratch that, because I've solved everything ou

• edited February 2015

/\

• edited February 2015

The way their acting... It's odd to say the least. But the same can sure as hell be said about Eric. Though, we know Eric, we don't know the other people (at least to my knowledge.)

• Nice stuff...

I can see Eric pulling a crazy already though [Try to escape yourself]

• Thanks for voting so far, if this gets enough votes by tonight I will most likely put up another part tonight as well. :)

• edited February 2015

I do not think it would be a good time to confront a group with only one friend, its better leave to confront them when we get more people.

I'm finding it interesting, I like new fanfictions, I might make one too(soon, in a long time).

• That was a great start! I like your writing and look forward how this will continue!

Eric seems not like the nicest guy around, but he did save Tony's life after all

• [Wake up Eric and try to escape together]

• So I submitted a character :P

• Bonus part incoming. As for scheduling, I will try to get out at least one part a day, maybe even two if I'm really into it. There will be some circumstances where I won't be able to post, so I hope you understand when the time comes.

• Chapter 1: Part 2

October 28th, 2016. 3:27 A.M.

“Eric, wake the fuck up!’ I whispered as loud possible so that the people outside couldn’t hear me. I kept shaking Eric. “Wake up!”

Eric’s eyes opened. “Wha-” he was about to ask until I closed his mouth with my hand. “Shhh, follow me! Stay quiet!” I whispered to him. I tip-toed along with Eric to the old back door. I still heard the people in the front talking to each other. They were now trying to open the door.

“Open it!” one of the men shouted.

“I’m trying asshole, it’s barricaded. There’s someone in there!” another man pointed out. I couldn’t tell how many of them there actually were. “Whoever is in there, move this shit out of the way or this will be a lot worse!”

They obviously knew we were in here. I frantically opened the door, I didn’t care how much noise I was making. The men were now firing their guns through the barricaded windows, aimlessly. They had guns?! Looks like this whole ordeal is as bad as I thought it would be.

Eric managed to get in front of me and out of the door first. As soon as I stepped out one of the bullets scuffed my right foot. “Ahh!” I let out a cry as I stumbled to the ground. The men were breaking in, the furniture that we barricaded the the entrance with was toppling over. I thought I was dead. But Eric ran back and picked me up, and tried to get the hell out of there as fast as he could.

Eric blazed through the nearby woods, carrying me the entire time. We were pretty far from the hardware store now, and Eric decided to set me down and let me rest on a tree. “You alright?” He asked, breathing heavily.

“Yeah… thanks for saving me, again…” I thanked Eric.

“No problem man, we gotta survive together. You were right, looks like people have been taking this seriously. I didn’t think it would be this bad. People wouldn’t be bringing firearms and threatening to kill people if it wasn’t that bad.”

“Told you, but dude, your backpack and your supplies… we couldn’t save them.” I said worriedly.

“You’re right… fuck! Can things go right?” Eric said loudly, forgetting his own information he told me earlier.

“Dude, be quiet, remember you told me that those things are attracted to loud noises?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot, my bad.” Eric said with a slight chuckle.

“Whatever, now what?” I asked.

“I have no idea, just get out of these woods. Come on, I ain’t carrying you this time, I’m too exhausted to do that.” he told me.

“That’s fine I guess. Come on, let’s go.” I said as I limped behind Eric.

October 28th, 2016. 4:06 A.M.

“Jesus, we’ve been walking for over almost a fucking hour!” Eric said about to raise his voice again, but then he remembered. He quietly resumed, “How big are these fucking woods?” He was clearly pissed off.

“I don’t know dude, look, I can see some buildings, we aren’t far at all. Just chill.” I advised.

We walked for about 5 more minutes until we finally reached a different neighborhood, one I’ve never even seen before. “Where are we?” I asked.

“I don’t know, beats me.” Eric said, still ahead of me. “Come on, let’s continue down the road.”

Eric and I continued until we finally reached a coldersack, and there were three people wandering around aimlessly, two men and one woman. I couldn’t really make them out. One of the men and woman seemed to be travelling together, maybe siblings. There was another man behind them, I couldn’t really make him out either. They were in front of a large mansion. They didn’t seem to see us. “Eric, wha-” I was about to ask a question before he yelled out to them.

“HEY! ARE YOU FRIENDLY?” Eric yelled out to them, pretty loud.

“Eric, what the hell? These people can be crazy and want to kill us!” I scowled at him.

“Don’t get all paranoid, come on, they’re harmless, I can’t see any weapons.” Eric and I walked towards them.

We got closer to them, and they were staring at us, waiting for us to get to them. I can finally make them out. One of the men was pretty tall, and had short dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He had lots of scars on his face and was wearing an army uniform.

The woman who was next to him was much shorter than him, and hard very dark black hair, darker than the man in the army uniform that was tied in a ponytail. He also had light blue eyes and wore brown jeans, a black tank top a brown leather jacket. She was quite pretty.

The other man stood in the back, who was around the same height as the man in the army uniform and had longish brown hair and wore glasses. He had a small patch of hair underneath his chin and had brown eyes. He wore a jacket and running shoes.

“Hello, who are you?” The man in the army uniform asked.

“I’m Tony, and this is Eric. You?” I replied.

“Well, I’m Nick Coulson, and this is my sister Katrina Coulson.” The man named Nick answered.

“Oh, and I’m Alexander. Alexander Crane.” The man in the back told us, in a pretty quiet voice.

“Where are you guys headed?” I asked.

“Honestly, I have no idea. Me and my sister managed to escape our house and get away from the walkers. We ran into Alexander in this neighborhood.” Nick explained himself. He seemed like a pretty good guy.

“Walkers?” Eric repeated.

“Yep, it’s what we call the dead people.” Nick answered, noticing Eric’s confusion. “We were about to loot this mansion, and then an apartment complex very close by, if there they aren’t occupied.”

“Well, what are we waiting for, let’s go!” Eric decided to invite himself into the bunch.

“Woah, settle down there, buddy.” The woman, Katrina, stopped him. “How do we know if you’re gonna kill us or something?” she questioned.

“Does it look like we’re gonna kill you? We have nothing.” Eric replied, annoyed that they would accuse him of something like that.

Nick stepped up. “Take it easy there, don’t gotta be a dick about it.” he said to Eric.

“A dick?” Eric laughed. “If you think I was being a dick there-”

“Eric, enough.” I intervened. Nick sighed. “Whatever, Tony, is that your name? You seem like a good man. Come with us, we could use the help.” he told me. “And you,” he pointed at Eric. “Don’t get on my nerves again.” Eric nodded.

“Well, I can’t do much, I was shot in the foot earlier.” I told him about the incident.

“I can help you.” Alexander spoke up. He approached me and put my arm around his back, so I can sort of lean on him.

Nick, Katrina, Alexander, Eric and I all approached the mansion. “Let’s get this done fast. I don’t want to be up looting places all night and morning, we need a place to settle in.” Nick said. “But we need to check them before anyone else does. Let’s split up, Katrina and I will get the mansion.”

“Me too, this mansion seems pretty fucking awesome.” Eric added.

“Dude, we aren’t invading the mansion for personal preferences. We just need supplies, maybe even settle in there, we just need to make sure we’re the only ones here.” Nick told him.

“Fine, I’ll go check the apartments.” Eric immaturely said.

“Alexander, where are you going?” Katrina asked.

“I’ll stay with Tony and help him out, I’ll go where he goes.” Alexander answered. “Where are we going, Tony?”

[Check the apartments with Eric] [Check the mansion with Nick and Katrina]

• [Check the mansion with Nick and Katrina]

Chapter 1: Part 2 October 28th, 2016. 3:27 A.M. [Wake up Eric and try to escape together] “Eric, wake the fuck up!’ I whispered as

• Thanks!

That was a great start! I like your writing and look forward how this will continue! [Wake up Eric and try to escape together] Eric seems not like the nicest guy around, but he did save Tony's life after all

• I understand it. Your writing is amazing!!

Bonus part incoming. As for scheduling, I will try to get out at least one part a day, maybe even two if I'm really into it. There will be some circumstances where I won't be able to post, so I hope you understand when the time comes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.