Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• Just saying I'm not one of your stereotypical snobby British twats; quite the opposite actually. Honestly I go to school with enough of them, and listening to them all talking about their ponies and their hundred-quid-a-week allowances and their lawyer/doctor/politician parents just grates on you eventually. I just have an accent that makes me sound way classier than I actually am, unlike most of the people around here who sound like farmers. Seems like everyone I know is either a in-bred farmer or an unbearably condescending rich-kid.

Im sowy, was that offensive?

• Then join in!

Alt text

These are pretty funny, I'm a sucker for science jokes.

• Okay admittedly that one was pretty good, that line might even work on me, particularly if it was accompanied by that expression...

Okay, okay last one

• sending out super buggy games

What? What are you talking about?

working on multiple games at once when it seems like they don't have sufficient resources and manpower to pull it off,

They're working on two games.

If they keep this up, they're going to learn the lesson of not pissing off the fans the hard way. If that happens, we can only hope they'll be able to bounce back after that and keep making good games.

Calm down, everyone will play the episode and get over this wait. This happened with Wolf and everyone got over it. They're making good games and people love them. The only people I see getting worked up over a small wait is the "fans" of Telltale.

Rynna posted: »

They just really hit it big and are struggling to deal with it. To me, it feels like they're doing everything wrong: working on multiple gam

• Capitol.

Just saying I'm not one of your stereotypical snobby British twats; quite the opposite actually. Honestly I go to school with enough of them

• Alt text

Sure, why not? I'm bored.

Then join in!

• edited February 2015

And now i know how to get girls...

Alt text

Okay admittedly that one was pretty good, that line might even work on me, particularly if it was accompanied by that expression...

• Actually they are working on 3 games. Minecraft is in development.

sending out super buggy games What? What are you talking about? working on multiple games at once when it seems like they don'

• No, it's just being written.

Derpington posted: »

Actually they are working on 3 games. Minecraft is in development.

• edited February 2015

You really think casual fans are going to keep dealing with this? It's just bad business, plain and simple. It's only the same whining superfans here that are going to be giving them a chance. It's not going to destroy Telltale tomorrow, but it'll wear the company down eventually.

Also, GOT episode 2 was filled with bugs. Some were game-breaking for players where their decisions weren't coming through.

Besides, I'm perfectly calm. You're the only one who seems to be getting worked up by fans pointing out Telltale's bad business practices and their possible consequences.

sending out super buggy games What? What are you talking about? working on multiple games at once when it seems like they don'

• Thats so adowable!

Alt text

Just saying I'm not one of your stereotypical snobby British twats; quite the opposite actually. Honestly I go to school with enough of them

• You seriously going to start with the bloody spelling shit? Alt text

Crips posted: »

Capitol.

• edited February 2015

I sulfur when you argon

Alt text

• It's only the same whining superfans here that are going to be giving them a chance.

Or it's people who know how to WAIT for a game. Funny how the people whining on the Internet about a video game company are insulting the people who can wait and not cry like they're fighting a crusade to make it seem like you all are in the right.

Also, GOT episode 2 was filled with bugs. Some were game-breaking for players where their decisions weren't coming through.

Filled with bugs...No. It had bugs, mostly on the Xbox one, but what game doesn't have bugs?

You really think casual fans are going to keep dealing with this? It's just bad business, plain and simple. It's only the same whining super

• "This happened with Wolf and everyone got over it. They're making good games and people love them. The only people I see getting worked up over a small wait is the "fans" of Telltale." - Sorry, I personally can't agree with you. By the time the last... 2 episodes came out I've lost all interest in the game. Completely. I remember I had to stay all night playing the first episode becasue it was so damn good (and I didn't even expect anything from the game at the time) but due to the rest being delivered god knows when I "got over it". In a bad kind of way. I don't think that such games should be episodic series, it ruins them - and more than anything, it ruins them whent they're delaying each episode withouth even saying when it'll come out.

• Alright, then why are you still here?

VitaBrevis posted: »

"This happened with Wolf and everyone got over it. They're making good games and people love them. The only people I see getting worked up o

• I can't even read this, it's so small!

I sulfur when you argon

• I edited it in

I can't even read this, it's so small!

• It's I'll suffer when you argon. He wrote it above for us, I think.

I can't even read this, it's so small!

• Oh, cheers! Aw that's so cute!

I edited it in

• edited February 2015

I'm talking about the same people on here that you're calling whiners. Those "whiners" are only here because they're superfans because only superfans would bother posting on a community about the game. Despite their whining, they'll be the ones that are giving Telltale a chance while more casual fans lose interest.

It's not about whether or not players can wait, it's about Telltale's communication with the people who paid hard earned money for their game. It's already a bad business practice not to create a schedule. It's a pretty basic idea that people want to know when to expect something. It's why every game in existence gives a release date long before the game's release. It's no different with episodes of an episodic game. Not creating a schedule with an episodic game breeds frustration, and that's perfectly logical.

And if there is a delay in a game, you tell the customers. You don't leave them in the dark. Telltale isn't doing us a favor by making this game. We paid for it. If we're going to be made to wait longer than expected, people will start to question Telltale and question if their money is well spent. For good reason. These decisions make the company look sloppy and doesn't reflect well on their internal organization.

Also, there's bugs and then there's gamebreaking bugs that a game should never come out with. Decisions not carrying over counts as the latter.

I'm not personally insulting Telltale's devs. I'm pointing out things they're doing wrong and should probably work to fix before they drive away customers. Obviously I'm a really big fan of their work because here I am, talking about the games and waiting. You can like a company and the games they make and still criticize their business practices. Criticizing Telltale doesn't make me not a fan of the games and doesn't mean that I don't belong on the forum.

It's only the same whining superfans here that are going to be giving them a chance. Or it's people who know how to WAIT for a game.

• Chemistry pickup lines, work every time

Alt text

Oh, cheers! Aw that's so cute!

• It's only the same whining superfans here that are going to be giving them a chance. Or it's people who know how to WAIT for a game.

• Alt text

I sulfur when you argon

• I'm talking about the same people on here that you're calling whiners. Those "whiners" are only here because they're superfans because only superfans would bother posting on a community about the game. Despite their whining, they'll be the ones that are giving Telltale a chance while more casual fans lose interest.

These people are superfans? Lol.

It's not about whether or not players can wait, it's about Telltale's communication with the people who paid hard earned money for their game. It's already a bad business practice not to create a schedule. It's a pretty basic idea that people want to know when to expect something. It's why every game in existence gives a release date long prior to the game's release. It's no different with episodes of an episodic game. Not creating a schedule with an episodic game breeds frustration, and that's perfectly logical.

You guys paid 5-30 dollars for a game, you guys usually preorder games for 60. Yes, let us give Telltale a schedule and force them to a point possibly making it worse and then release it at the Time full of bugs and uncompleted.

And if there is a delay in a game, you tell the customers. You don't leave them in the dark. Telltale isn't doing us a favor by making this game. We paid for it. If we're going to be made to wait longer than expected, people start to question Telltale and question if their money is well spent. For good reason. These decisions make the company look sloppy and doesn't reflect well on their internal organization.

Maybe they could say, "Wait a bit more" but you all act like Telltale owes you something. Get over it, you all seriously act like you know what's happening.

Also, there's bugs and then there's gamebreaking bugs that a game should never come out with. Decisions not carrying over counts as the latter.

It's an issue, they're working on it.

I'm talking about the same people on here that you're calling whiners. Those "whiners" are only here because they're superfans because only

• Why not? TWAU is over, and TftB is not some detective story which leaves you mentally f*cked, it's a lighthearted comedy. It doesn't end with the clifhanger or something like that to wait for it with a real hype. I just won't buy the season pass anymore and that's pretty much it.

Alright, then why are you still here?

• Wow, I think this place has finally cracked.

• Because you obviously hate episodic gaming.

You're just now learning to not buy the season pass? I haven't ever.

Why not? TWAU is over, and TftB is not some detective story which leaves you mentally f*cked, it's a lighthearted comedy. It doesn't end wit

• Hold-up. That is without a doubt the worst chemistry joke I have ever seen...

Magnesium-oxides' chemical formula is not OMg, it's MgO! You sicken me.

• edited February 2015

Um....Telltale does owe me something. I paid them. People want to be updated on things they paid for. It's just logic. It doesn't matter if I pay more for other games (which is a moot point because the only games I pay $60 or over for are games MUCH longer than even every Telltale game put together. The last $70 game I bought I got over 100 hours out of).

They should make a schedule that is possible for them to stick with based on calculating their resources and the time it'll normally take. This is not a school project with a flexible schedule: people are giving them their money. For their own sakes, having a visible timeline for their game releases is pretty crucial. People like structure. Them being worried about not being able to stick to a schedule isn't an excuse for not having a schedule. You build a schedule around what you can accomplish, and if they can't come up with something like that for an episodic game, maybe they shouldn't be making episodic games.

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to personally insult people who are just stating their opinions. I promise you that Telltale doesn't need you to whiteknight so hard for them. You can take a break.

I'm talking about the same people on here that you're calling whiners. Those "whiners" are only here because they're superfans because only

• I know it's a play on the second episode's name, but all I can think of is a potato going "I did nothing of the sort, boyo!"

papai46 posted: »

I think Atlas mugged TellTale.

• So what? I hated it in TWAU, but I don't care for it in Borderlands because it's not the same. For TWD and GOt I simply don't give a f, they're pretty meh for me. And the next time (or if) TWAU season 2 will come out I'll just wait for it to be completed. That's all. It doesn't mean I shouldn't say anything about that system.

I never bought it except for one game, but the devs delivered DLC in time (and it's not ttg obviously). I though about it with Borderlands but now after reading the forums the answer is kinda obvious...

Because you obviously hate episodic gaming. You're just now learning to not buy the season pass? I haven't ever.

• Um....Telltale does owe me something. I paid them.

Telltale gives you a product for your money, you'll get it, when they're done

What I don't understand is why you feel the need to personally insult people who are just stating their opinions.

I didn't insult you, I told you to get over it, which you should.

Um....Telltale does owe me something. I paid them. People want to be updated on things they paid for. It's just logic. It doesn't matter if

• And if I'm unsatisfied with how they gave me my product and how long it took, I just won't pay them again. As will be the case with many, many customers if they carry on like this. The overall experience of a game goes beyond just playing the game, dude.

Um....Telltale does owe me something. I paid them. Telltale gives you a product for your money, you'll get it, when they're done

• Then maybe that's what you should do, wait for it to be finished. Wait.

I just won't buy the season pass anymore and that's pretty much it.

Keyword...Anymore.

So what? I hated it in TWAU, but I don't care for it in Borderlands because it's not the same. For TWD and GOt I simply don't give a f, they

• Alright, stop paying.

And if I'm unsatisfied with how they gave me my product and how long it took, I just won't pay them again. As will be the case with many, ma

• Wait wat?

nursethalia posted: »

I know it's a play on the second episode's name, but all I can think of is a potato going "I did nothing of the sort, boyo!"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.