Job's tweet - "Nearly done...stay tuned" shorter episode it seems

Comments

• edited February 2015

why do they bother? because that is called marketing that thing that is needed to make people aware of the product, it is pretty much essential that they market it, you are just gonna have to get over it and face the fact that this is how they do things and like dojo said tweeting does not take time away from develoment

Cope49 posted: »

I have every right to bitch. Why does TellTale even bother? Quit tweeting and just release the damn thing!

• I know they have, but in the future sales could die down. Is there any sales tracker so that we can know how much they have sold?

I wouldn't say that... both Borderlands and Thrones have sold pretty well

• No sales tracker but you can look at Steams top sellers to see how well it's doing when episode 2 is released.

MichaelBP posted: »

I know they have, but in the future sales could die down. Is there any sales tracker so that we can know how much they have sold?

• edited February 2015

I'm sure there is, I just don't know of any. Also, similar to the Steams top sellers thing that @dojo32161 mentioned, I checked and both Game of Thrones and Tales are some of the best selling arcade games on Xbox 360 as of right now.

I know they have, but in the future sales could die down. Is there any sales tracker so that we can know how much they have sold?

• Ok. I'm maybe little bit too sensitive about this subject today because I've just finished all five chapters of The Book of Unwritten Tales 2. They've hyped it as twice as long then previous instalment but I wish they've made it shorter and less repetitive. It would be so much better game.

Dude, I just copied the guy's comment above you which says they add the length on the Tweet so people won't complain about it later. It's ju

• On Steam you can't buy episodes individually. Wouldn't those be from people who are only buying tha game now? Or am I wrong?

dojo32161 posted: »

No sales tracker but you can look at Steams top sellers to see how well it's doing when episode 2 is released.

• Yeah, some games do that however Telltale does it to appease us on here. In my opinion Tales Ep.1 was great and I didn't want it to end. I don't know if you've felt the same but I think if it's the same amount of awesome that Ep.1 is then I won't have a problem with it.

Ok. I'm maybe little bit too sensitive about this subject today because I've just finished all five chapters of The Book of Unwritten Tales

• Yes, it shows how well games on steam do on a daily basis. Usually Telltale games show up whenever an episode is released because a discount or just because there's now more than one episode. Telltale usually does well even after the release of a pilot episode.

On Steam you can't buy episodes individually. Wouldn't those be from people who are only buying tha game now? Or am I wrong?

• To tell you the truth I always felt that racing part could be bit shorter. I enjoyed much more 1st part of the game. Something about that money chasing part of game after vault key was exposed as fake din't get too well on me. Stretched too thin.

Yeah, some games do that however Telltale does it to appease us on here. In my opinion Tales Ep.1 was great and I didn't want it to end. I d

• I get what you're saying. I think that there are times where people should just keep their opinions to themselves.
    I know that I have some opinions that could lead to some drawn out arguments or flame wars, which would just serve to make a message board rather unpleasant... and I would probably get banned, which nearly happened to me twice on GameFaqs.

Yeah, it's fine, the hate and complaining and pessimistism is just getting old now. I know you're not one of the big ones, I'm just saying.

• EP1 took me from start to end 2 hrs 20 mins, which was good length. I believe this episode should be just under two hours based on his Tweet.

2 hours, it's about the same. If you take your time it will probably be around 3.

• Yeah, a lot of people right now don't realize that Telltale doesn't give a shit about their complaints. All it does is annoy us on here. I, myself am tired of it and so is a lot. Now I don't want to give you the wrong idea, I like you and I'm not saying you're apart of this.I'm just voicing my opinion.

I get what you're saying. I think that there are times where people should just keep their opinions to themselves. I know that I have some

• 10th. They need to optimize and port it.

Grafite posted: »

Yes! Finally some news! Maybe the 24th is too hopeful, but it will definitely be out in March 3rd.

• Eh, Borderlands is a strange world where action is everywhere and money is the prize of everything. I liked the pacing of it all, it felt alright. I'm excited to see where everything goes in Episode 2.

To tell you the truth I always felt that racing part could be bit shorter. I enjoyed much more 1st part of the game. Something about that money chasing part of game after vault key was exposed as fake din't get too well on me. Stretched too thin.

• Either way, great times for these episodes.

himmatsj posted: »

EP1 took me from start to end 2 hrs 20 mins, which was good length. I believe this episode should be just under two hours based on his Tweet.

• Don't get excited guys. It sounds like it's nearly ready, but not fully so. Which means there is still optimising to do and probably bug fixing. We are looking at March 10 at the earliest, perhaps March 17 even.

• You know this 100%?

No, I'm still betting for March 3rd.

Don't get excited guys. It sounds like it's nearly ready, but not fully so. Which means there is still optimising to do and probably bug fixing. We are looking at March 10 at the earliest, perhaps March 17 even.

• Dude, seriously, I'm all up for a good bet. :)

What's the wager?

You know this 100%? No, I'm still betting for March 3rd.

• edited February 2015

Hmm...Bragging rights.

Dude, seriously, I'm all up for a good bet. What's the wager?

• And the 10th at the latest. I can't see it being released the 17th :P

You know this 100%? No, I'm still betting for March 3rd.

• Me neither.

And the 10th at the latest. I can't see it being released the 17th :P

• Honestly, I really don't care about length

105 minutes (1 hour 45 minutes) or 120 minutes (2 hours) are perfectly fine lengths

• Well after reading your and Dojo's posts, I think that I may have been wrong.
    Also, from the sales trackers that use numbers, that I'm familiar with, I don't think I've ever seen any of TTG's games show up, probably it must be hard as hell for those people to keep track of sales, since while it would be easy for the PC, since you can't buy episodes individually, on consoles, and I think iOS and Android, you can either buy them individually or you can buy the season pass.

I'm sure there is, I just don't know of any. Also, similar to the Steams top sellers thing that @dojo32161 mentioned, I checked and both Game of Thrones and Tales are some of the best selling arcade games on Xbox 360 as of right now.

• No Golden! If he's right he'll never let you live it down! And he can be quite annoying at times!

Hmm...Bragging rights.

• You not complaining for Episode 3 if it doesn't show up in "4 to 6 weeks".

A guy can dream....

Dude, seriously, I'm all up for a good bet. What's the wager?

• Hmm, maybe so.

Alright, @himmatsj Bet's off.

dojo32161 posted: »

No Golden! If he's right he'll never let you live it down! And he can be quite annoying at times!

• I am duty bound to do so.

You not complaining for Episode 3 if it doesn't show up in "4 to 6 weeks". A guy can dream....

• I'd rather wager the winner gets Telltales brand new IP from the other person. What say you?

Hmm, maybe so. Alright, @himmatsj Bet's off.

• Haha, No.

I'd rather wager the winner gets Telltales brand new IP from the other person. What say you?

• It's altight pal. Besides I kind of deserved nearly getting banned on GameFaqs, since I got involved in several flame wars a few years ago, but I've grown wiser.

Yeah, a lot of people right now don't realize that Telltale doesn't give a shit about their complaints. All it does is annoy us on here. I,

• Agreed. 1.45 to 2.00 seems about the perfect length. TFTB did get draggy at times.

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, I really don't care about length 105 minutes (1 hour 45 minutes) or 120 minutes (2 hours) are perfectly fine lengths

• Yeah, I think after the episode releases then it should calm down here. I'm glad the worst of it is over, it was like this during the Wolf Ep.2 wait too.

It's altight pal. Besides I kind of deserved nearly getting banned on GameFaqs, since I got involved in several flame wars a few years ago, but I've grown wiser.

• I imagine that it must've been far worse. Thegap between episodes 1 and 2 was 4-5 months, right?

Yeah, I think after the episode releases then it should calm down here. I'm glad the worst of it is over, it was like this during the Wolf Ep.2 wait too.

• I don't exactly remember. I think it was pretty bad but I don't know which one has had the worst reactions from the community.

I imagine that it must've been far worse. Thegap between episodes 1 and 2 was 4-5 months, right?

• It was BAD really BAD! People were threatening Telltale for a refund...Oh god it was horrible.

Alt text

I imagine that it must've been far worse. Thegap between episodes 1 and 2 was 4-5 months, right?

• Shit, all you people complain about length, and I'm just here, where I'll be fine as long as Jack's butt is shown for at least a second.

I'm seriously really excited to get back in to these nerds' lives and nothing can make me happier than just knowing I'll be getting a new episode sooner than I thought.

• edited February 2015

Nope, 2 hours is perfect.

Belan posted: »

I would prefer it to be a shorter length anyway. Episode One felt a bit too long.

• Why are people throwing around the "too long" complaint? Seriously, you don't know how happy I was that Tales Episode 1 was 2 hours long and didn't feel like it was being condensed to just 1 hour. Now, I liked TWAU, but even then I felt like more things could have been done with some of the choices and characters if it was 2 hours instead of a stripped down 1 hour, and don't get me started on TWD S2.

• ^ THIS

(and not just the butt bit...)

We're going back to Pandora, Kiddos - that's all that freakin' matters!

Dapnee posted: »

Shit, all you people complain about length, and I'm just here, where I'll be fine as long as Jack's butt is shown for at least a second.

• edited February 2015

I see a lot of "I'd rather have a short episode that's good than a long episode that's bad." Yes, that's true, but I think Telltale has a responsibility to deliver episodes that are of acceptable length AND quality. Especially when the episode takes four months with weeks of radio silence. They shouldn't settle for one or the other.

That said, if all of the episodes are around two hours long, great. I highly doubt Episode, say, 5, will be terribly long, given TTG's track record, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.