Job's tweet - "Nearly done...stay tuned" shorter episode it seems

Comments

• edited February 2015

Hmm but is digital butt will be as good as physical? :D
    Srsly thou, I can't wait to see how all of this will play out.

Dapnee posted: »

Shit, all you people complain about length, and I'm just here, where I'll be fine as long as Jack's butt is shown for at least a second.

• I'm seriously up for it mate. I'll keep my end of the bargain, of that I'm certain. I sense some unease though from your side. March 3 not looking good, is it?

Haha, No.

• I will wager you the episode comes out March 3rd, 2015, If i lose I will personally buy you telltales new IP game. So i say yes!

himmatsj posted: »

I'd rather wager the winner gets Telltales brand new IP from the other person. What say you?

• Believe in M3

I will wager you the episode comes out March 3rd, 2015, If i lose I will personally buy you telltales new IP game. So i say yes!

• (not like his butt was digital before)

We get to do some detective work for more appearances of banang and any nods toward the forums as well. I'm super stoked.

DeityD posted: »

Hmm but is digital butt will be as good as physical? Srsly thou, I can't wait to see how all of this will play out.

• edited February 2015

"Episodes need to be 2 hours long", like it'll magically fix everything.

"2 hour episodes are too long", thus proving it wouldn't magically fix everything and it's the content/quality, not the length, that matters. And I believe people didn't like it when I said length isn't indicative of quality. That said though, Borderlands episode 1 was closer to 2.5 hours for me, I think. So, are people actually complaining about episode 1 being too long, or 2 hours?

Anyhow, this isn't to say episode 1 wasn't good. I enjoyed it as I do all of Telltale's stuff. But I just find it amusing. Though . . . I think the people saying it's too long are in the minority here?

J-Master posted: »

Why are people throwing around the "too long" complaint? Seriously, you don't know how happy I was that Tales Episode 1 was 2 hours long and

• Alt text

Dud it was funny when it was just one thread but...oh who am i kidding

F17HYPE

Poogers555 posted: »

What did I tell you? February 17th

• Alt text

I will wager you the episode comes out March 3rd, 2015, If i lose I will personally buy you telltales new IP game. So i say yes!

• edited February 2015

BuAnAnG

Alt text

Dapnee posted: »

(not like his butt was digital before) We get to do some detective work for more appearances of banang and any nods toward the forums as well. I'm super stoked.

• And so a wager it is. I PMed you more details.

• I personally don't mind it. 'Close to 2hours' is already really great in my opinion.

And he said it was nearly done, which means it might be longer than two hours when it's complete. (I'm optimist for once xD)

• I would give it until the 20th of March for a full release, I doubt it will come out with no errors or porting issues.

10th. They need to optimize and port it.

• No, I'm fine, you can go and make bets with other people.

I'm seriously up for it mate. I'll keep my end of the bargain, of that I'm certain. I sense some unease though from your side. March 3 not looking good, is it?

• I really hope you're just joking

Belan posted: »

I would prefer it to be a shorter length anyway. Episode One felt a bit too long.

• edited February 2015

Some people need to learn from those guys who pre ordered Duke Nukem Forever 10 years before it was released.
    They held onto their pre orders, when they could have asked for a refund, because they were patient.
    In the end, they received tons of cool things from Gearbox, for having held onto their pre orders, and the game... which wasn't that good.

It was BAD really BAD! People were threatening Telltale for a refund...Oh god it was horrible.

• Well if it is this bad with a 3 month gap, I'm guessing that with a 4-5 month gap, it was even worse.

I don't exactly remember. I think it was pretty bad but I don't know which one has had the worst reactions from the community.

• I bet it was, I saw your other post about waiting 10 years. God, that must've been hard.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well if it is this bad with a 3 month gap, I'm guessing that with a 4-5 month gap, it was even worse.

• ... I'm not sure I want to learn from that. Waiting for some game (doesn't matter even if it's some universally recognized masterpiece like Half Life or "one of a kind game" like Pathologic) that long and I mean actually waiting... That sounds kinda crazy.

Some people need to learn from those guys who pre ordered Duke Nukem Forever 10 years before it was released. They held onto their pre orde

• Hell it took me the better part of a day to complete the first episode because I'm a vicious multitasker. So.

I personally don't mind it. 'Close to 2hours' is already really great in my opinion. And he said it was nearly done, which means it might be longer than two hours when it's complete. (I'm optimist for once xD)

• edited February 2015

Well this guy did:
    Alt text

I wonder what he tought of the finished game.

Anyway, I've been waiting for Shenmue 3 for the past 14 years. I probably should just give up on it. What's worse about Shenmue, is that there were supposed to be 6 or more games, and we don't even have 3.

DeityD posted: »

... I'm not sure I want to learn from that. Waiting for some game (doesn't matter even if it's some universally recognized masterpiece like

• I bet it was hard, but the guy received all of this from Gearbox:
    Alt text

I actually only heard of DNF in 2006, I think, and I only played Duke Nukem 3D in 2008, when it was released on XBLA, so it wasn'tt that bad for me.

I bet it was, I saw your other post about waiting 10 years. God, that must've been hard.

• That's a lot of stuff...Now only if they got a good game. :P

I bet it was hard, but the guy received all of this from Gearbox: I actually only heard of DNF in 2006, I think, and I only played Duke Nukem 3D in 2008, when it was released on XBLA, so it wasn'tt that bad for me.

• edited February 2015

Yes, but I'm actually seeing a bit of criticism for the 2 hour running time on this thread.

Despite what fans may say, TWD S2 just failed miserably in getting me hooked with the characters because half of the episodes were action heavy and didn't put any emphasis on actually developing characters and even if I thought TWAU was better executed, more things could have been done with the choice system and characters if the episodes were longer than 1 hour and the TWAU has this nagging feeling of spinning its wheels from time to time.

Tales Ep.1 felt complete and got so much done in its storytelling in 2 hours and didn't feel like it needed to rush toward the finish line in just one hour, and I'm only judging by how Telltale writes these episodes.

Rob_K posted: »

"Episodes need to be 2 hours long", like it'll magically fix everything. "2 hour episodes are too long", thus proving it wouldn't magical

• That's true. Well, I went into it with very low expectations, like "this game is going to be absolutely terrible, isn't it?" and in the end, I think I'd give it a 5.5 or a 6 out of 10 (the, now, Duke fan in me wants to give it a 7).

There were things that I liked and things that I disliked, but I didn't think it was a bad as some reviewers made it out to be. Although, I played the game on PC, after the patch that added a 4 weapon limit, and I didn't pay 60 dollars for it. From what I've heard, the PS3 and 360 versions had several technical issues.

That's a lot of stuff...Now only if they got a good game. :P

• It wasn't a good game IMO.

That's true. Well, I went into it with very low expectations, like "this game is going to be absolutely terrible, isn't it?" and in the end,

• And I can understand why. The game has several design flaws and it tried too much to be like COD. The graphics are a real mixed bag, even on PC. Some textures look like they were created in 2011, while others look like they were made in 2004, and it doesn't help that the graphics were downgraded. The story is complete shit, the plot in 2001 sounded a bit more interesting.
    The guns lack any real punch, except the shotgun.
    Animations for the npcs and enemies are shit as well.

I think the reasons why I'd rate it that high might be due to the protagonist, my low expectations and I only payed 20 euros for it.

It wasn't a good game IMO.

• Yeah, too many flaws to be considered a great good or good to a certain degree.

And I can understand why. The game has several design flaws and it tried too much to be like COD. The graphics are a real mixed bag, even on

• Yeah and it is all due to the development of the game being a mess.

Yeah, too many flaws to be considered a great good or good to a certain degree.

• Shows that even 10 years doesn't mean a game will be good.

Yeah and it is all due to the development of the game being a mess.

• Yeah that is true. George Brousard, co founder of 3D Realms and the head of the project, really wanted DNF to be an amazing game and he seemed to be really passionate about it, the problem is if he saw a graphics engine that was more advanced than what they have, they had to change it to that one, even if it meant that they had to scrap everything they had done. If he saw a game mechanic that he liked, they had to add it to the game, even if it didn't mix well with other mechanics.

Shows that even 10 years doesn't mean a game will be good.

• That really sucks to watch something you're so passionate about be thrown away.

Yeah that is true. George Brousard, co founder of 3D Realms and the head of the project, really wanted DNF to be an amazing game and he seem

• edited February 2015

It really. I whish George had realized that DNF could have stood out from the crowd even if it didn't have the best graphics. Duke Nukem 3D was graphically outdated when it was released, but people still loved it and to this day, people still love and play that game.

That really sucks to watch something you're so passionate about be thrown away.

• I'm not a really big Duke Nukem fan actually but I bet DNF would've gotten me into it if it was better.

It really. I whish George had realized that DNF could have stood out from the crowd even if it didn't have the best graphics. Duke Nukem 3D

• From 1998 to 2006, it looked like a much better game. It looked like it was going to be a combination of DN 3D and Half Life. The final version on the other hand...

I'm not a really big Duke Nukem fan actually but I bet DNF would've gotten me into it if it was better.

• Just imagine what it could've been like.

From 1998 to 2006, it looked like a much better game. It looked like it was going to be a combination of DN 3D and Half Life. The final version on the other hand...

• I do. It just seems like the level design was a lot better, there was more enemy variety, the story at least seemed to be more interesting, they removed a chainsaw from the game and they removed a potentially cool character, Bombshell, who was supposed to be a bad ass female soldier who thought Duke was a sack of shit.

Just imagine what it could've been like.

• That sounds pretty awesome.

I do. It just seems like the level design was a lot better, there was more enemy variety, the story at least seemed to be more interesting,

• edited February 2015

Oh god don't even get me fucking started on Shenmue 3.

But what's worse for me was waiting for Megaman Legends 3, only for it to get announced and get cancelled a year later. I bought a 3DS for that game! Legends 2 came out in 2000 and ended on a massive cliffhanger.

Well this guy did: I wonder what he tought of the finished game. Anyway, I've been waiting for Shenmue 3 for the past 14 years. I pr

• Well you just reminded me of that travesty. I love how tons of fans got involved in the project and Capcom had the nerve to say it was cancelled because "fans didn't show any interest". Bastards.

Oh god don't even get me fucking started on Shenmue 3. But what's worse for me was waiting for Megaman Legends 3, only for it to get anno

• Yeah it,the chainsaw looked awesome and Bombshell seemed like a far better character than the rip off of Marcus Pheonix from Gears of War.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.