Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• Alt text

Don't worry about me, just finished BL2 again, totally got the "good" ending where nothing bad happens :3 And I finally posted my second chapter of my novelized bl2 fic, which is over four months old now ':)

(Though I did give Nisha a visit cause I've never done the Lynchwood missions before. I ended up having to blow her and her deputy up. (basically all I did today was piss Jack off in side missions to see how my graphics card was doing now with the newer driver installed))

• There will probably be a stream on Twitch again so we can watch it live...

Sounds good, I'll have to check it out. I hope the other events mentioned on the blog also have streams provided, as those sound really interesting too!

OzzyUK posted: »

If anyone it interested Telltale will be at a panel with Gearbox during PAX East. Inside Gearbox Software This is your opportun

• All the foreshadowings

Alt text

Dapnee posted: »

Don't worry about me, just finished BL2 again, totally got the "good" ending where nothing bad happens And I finally posted my second chapt

• No Heaven

Here's Borderlands wait music. Not particularly my favorite but Borderlands 1 Credits music nonetheless.

• I try not to skip through chapters in any of the books, as I seriously believe that I could finish all of the current books so far and still be waiting for Telltales to release Episode 2 (but unlike most readers I'm not actually a fan of Brienne and I have on at least one occasion skipped her PoV... plus she sort of killed the Hound, I'll hate her for that).

Telltale Games is officially my favourite game developer (ever since Ubisoft's disappointing AC: Unity) and they make such amazing stories but you have to end up waiting more than 1 month still craving for the next episode to be released.
    Maybe Telltale got sidetracked with their take on GoT which obviously did get a higher priority to Borderlands in terms of development. Telltale's only real flaw is the ridiculously long waiting time between episodes, but I suppose that's all for increased quality, still their games are the best, its just sad how long they take to come out fully.

Arrowtic posted: »

I loved the 4th and 5th books(unlike almost everyone !) . You're kinda right thou , I used to multitask during Brienne and Bran's PoV s.(except those with Cold Hand , because he was fuckin BADASS )

• I'm guessing F24 was a false prophecy...

• FaithInTheWinterWolf

I hope we get Tales from the Borderlands Ep2 news there, and its pretty likely.But if they announce a Wolf Among Us DLC there as well I think I'll die of excitement.

• So was F17, A26 was the only true prophecy and we should have never tried to replicate it. We've all ashamed our true lord A26. I hope we can all be forgiven.

Harian96 posted: »

I'm guessing F24 was a false prophecy...

• If its released on the 27th (my birthday) maybe the universe doesn't hate me

• fridayy first release of a episode on fridayyyy dundun dundun

Clemenem posted: »

If its released on the 27th (my birthday) maybe the universe doesn't hate me

• New tweets from Job!

Alt text

Alt text

• I'm really glad that he acknowledged the wait time being longer - silence may be a valid option, but sometimes it's not the best, especially when you're dealing with passionate fans!

New tweets from Job!

• Believe in M3

New tweets from Job!

• edited February 2015

Job J Stauffer tweeted to expect announcements and interviews tomorrow morning and one of the news is gonna be about their new IP!!

• "Rounding home base"....Well at least that's better than "soon".

New tweets from Job!

• edited February 2015

Great news. I hope its gonna be news about TWD season 3 (although thats a long shot at this point), or maybe even TWAU season 2? As for the new IP? Wouldn't have a clue.

Job J Stauffer tweeted to expect announcements and interviews tomorrow morning and one of the news is gonna be about their new IP!! https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/570126498390102016

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think they are trying to avoid using the "s" word :P

"Rounding home base"....Well at least that's better than "soon".

• BEWARE FALSE PROPHETS

M10 IS THE ONE TRUE RELEASE DATE

Believe in M3

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I made a thread about it as there might be some discussion about whatever it might be.

Kevin Bruner also made a teaser tweet about it

Job J Stauffer tweeted to expect announcements and interviews tomorrow morning and one of the news is gonna be about their new IP!! https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/570126498390102016

• Alt text

• Well, he said 2016 and beyond, so I'd guess that at least TWD Season 3 will be mentioned. Maybe TWAU Season 2 and GoT Season 2 also (though I doubt both of that)

Great news. I hope its gonna be news about TWD season 3 (although thats a long shot at this point), or maybe even TWAU season 2? As for the new IP? Wouldn't have a clue.

• Am I the only one who can taste the sweetness of these news? :D

Oh and someone update the thread.

New tweets from Job!

• This is apparently on the desk of every Telltale staffer:

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

I think they are trying to avoid using the "s" word :P

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I know you love to tease us Job :P

• The first episode was great. But I have trouble remembering a lot of details now (too long ago). And I don't like replaying the episode, before I have finished MY story. I wouldn't mind the episodic format, if the release dates are within 1 month.

Well, I'm glad that episode 2 is released "soon".

• Go to bed, Job - if tomorrow is as big as you say it is you'll need your beauty sleep!

• More news?! Okay. Yeah. So, the team is working hard on finishing 102, and yes, we hope you'll really enjoy it! I played a version before the weekend and checked it out again later tonight and it's looking great! We know the wait has been a while, but we hope you'll agree it'll be worth it!

Sometimes we'll play an episode and sometimes it might need a little more love or a little more time to be the best it can be. With Tales from the Borderlands Ep 2, this was the case. The reception to the first episode was, quite frankly, above and beyond what we ever hoped! We cannot thank you enough for playing this series as we kicked off! We want Ep 2 to be awesome. This of course means that it's taking a few extra weeks to make sure it's as fun as the first.

After the premiere, we took some time to look at everyone's feedback and take a closer look at different choices being made, listening to the player community. These factor into the overall development process. Remember, we're in live development! This series was a fresh idea and a unique take on an existing universe, and it meant we had to listen very carefully to what you had to say, and what you did in the premiere. This factors into certain aspects of the game and story itself as the series progresses.

With a series as big as Tales, and with a cast that's only going to grow and perhaps tie even more closely to what's happened/happening elsewhere in the Borderlands universe, this second episode has a lot of ground to cover! The cast is huge and the action is pretty crazy. Also, Scooter is a bit of a handful, so we hope you'll understand when we get a little tied up managing the talent. ;)

We're always striving to deliver quality content on a frequent and more predictable basis, but at the end of the day, quality content comes first.

We're insanely excited to get everyone playing 'Atlas Mugged' as soon as possible. It'll be in your hands checks Telltale 'S-word' Thesaurus .... 'before long,' but not before our panel at PAX East next weekend, I can say that.

That said, the panel will be a blast! We'll be out in Boston opening the show with the 'Story Time' panel, then we'll be with Gearbox on Sunday the 8th along with Rhys and Fiona themselves, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey!

If all goes well, MAYBE THERE WILL BE SOME KIND OF VIDEO TO SHOW YOU!?! Who knows!?
    If all goes even better, I'm hopeful we'll have a firm date to share with you as well. It may be beyond our control on that date, but as you know, as soon as we know, you'll know via twitter, and I'll be tweeting that myself the minute our dates are locked with our partners.

I really do thank you guys again for all of your patience. You mean the world to us, and if we're ever quiet on the boards, it's largely due to us being so busy here working to make the best episodes possible.

In the future, keep your eyes peeled to our twitter accounts for the most frequent updates as they happen. Also stay tuned here in the coming weeks and months as our team grows and we have more awesome community activities, events, live-streams, and all kinds of fun things planned for this year and beyond!

Thanks again, guys. That's all for now, but stay tuned for more!

-@jobjstauffer

GIVEUSMORENEWS!!!!!

• I actually didn't notice that dialogue when I took the screenshot.

All the foreshadowings

• Someone update the damn thread! Important information!!

Thanks Job! This explains a lot and certainly brought my heart at ease. :)

More news?! Okay. Yeah. So, the team is working hard on finishing 102, and yes, we hope you'll really enjoy it! I played a version before th

• Alt text

More news?! Okay. Yeah. So, the team is working hard on finishing 102, and yes, we hope you'll really enjoy it! I played a version before th

• edited February 2015

Oh my goodness, Job - thank you so much for taking the time to write all this - it means a lot!

I know we must all seem like these ravenous, insatiable beasts that will never be satisfied, but it's only because we love what Telltale does so, so much, and sometimes our excitement can get the better of us. We just want to play your awesome games and be immersed in your wonderful worlds as soon as we possibly can!

But, we also understand and appreciate your own dedication and commitment to your creations (IMO it's one of the main things that make your games stand out), so if the Telltale team decide that an episode needs a bit more work then it's in our best interests for that to happen. I would hate for you to release something you're not proud of just to satiate our demands - for all our bitching and moaning, I don't think there are many people here who would agree that frequency > quality. Updates like this definitely help soften the blow, though!

As a prior fan of both TT and the Borderlands' franchise I was absolutely blown away by how much episode 1 exceeded my (and a lot of other people's) expectations, so I find it incredibly encouraging that everyone was inspired to lift their game for ep 2 based on those reactions - even if it means a bit of an extra wait. Bring on May 8th!

P.S.

"It'll be in your hands checks Telltale 'S-word' Thesaurus .... 'before long,'"

I KNEW IT!!!

• Very well said, sir.

Alt text

• edited February 2015

Thank you so much for these news! :D

• community activities, events, live-streams, and all kinds of fun

You know you're getting me more excited than I already was, right?

• "A few more weeks"? Job, cut us some slack, please.

Also, it is nice how you're all into damage limitation mode, saying you're taking into account choices made after EP1. I call bull on that mate.

Oh, and please. Remove the damn "4-6" weeks line from your FAQ!!!

• edited February 2015

I'd laugh my head off if it's the release date for Minecraft lol

• Loader bot is happy enough to cry! If it had tear glands....or real eyeballs.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.